Jets
Patsies
Discount Double Check
Turd Birds
*****cats

I say 10-6. Takers? :tt03:

NSMaster56
01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
The London game and the stretch thereafter is worrisome, but playing the AFC East and a slew of third place bums like the Lions, Raiders, and Titans should do wonders for the O.

Split with the Bengals and Ravens, lose to the Pack and Pats and maybe one more (Chicago or Minny?).

11-5 or better is absolutely attainable.

The_Joker
01-04-2013, 08:35 PM
The London game and the stretch thereafter is worrisome, but playing the AFC East and a slew of third place bums like the Lions, Raiders, and Titans should do wonders for the O.

Split with the Bengals and Ravens, lose to the Pack and Pats and maybe one more (Chicago or Minny?).

11-5 or better is absolutely attainable.

It was in no order yet. Also, the Lions are 4th place. I say we will have more trouble with the Bears stout D than the fudge packers.

casteeler
01-04-2013, 09:03 PM
The Steelers must have a hell of an offseason (drafting&freeagency) to make 10-6. This team has NO run game,the offensive line cannot run block and C- running backs. Heath Miller will miss half the season and he was the only constant offensively. I will be happy with 9-6 but wouldn't be shocked with 8-8. We saw first hand what Tomlin was able to do when times got tough and it wasn't impressive, times look to be tough in 2013 as well

lloydwoodson
01-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Good post. Very easy schedule. Definitely make it to the playoffs. Im just worried about the Raiders. :wink02:

Ravens are going to drop off hugely next year without Ray Lewis' leadership but still put up more points than Steelers due to a more effective offense. Their defense fell from 3rd to 17th with Ray Lewis out for most of the year. Can Roethlisberger outduel Joe Flacco? Doubtful. But the defense can still bail him out.

Bengals win the division as they assume the Steelers identity with a dominant front 7.

Steelers make a wild card as they assume Bengals identity of a team that bets it all on less-than-elite quarterbacks.

Browns will still suck.

Bengals 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Ravens 7-9
Browns 5-11

The_Joker
01-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Good post. Very easy schedule. Definitely make it to the playoffs. Im just worried about the Raiders. :wink02:

Ravens are going to drop off hugely next year without Ray Lewis' leadership but still put up more points than Steelers due to a more effective offense. Their defense fell from 3rd to 17th with Ray Lewis out for most of the year. Can Roethlisberger outduel Joe Flacco? Doubtful. But the defense can still bail him out.

Bengals win the division as they assume the Steelers identity with a dominant front 7.

Steelers make a wild card as they assume Bengals identity of a team that bets it all on less-than-elite quarterbacks.

Browns will still suck.

Bengals 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Ravens 7-9
Browns 5-11

For me

Steelers 10-6
Bengals 10-6 *Toss up on who wins, other is WC*
Ravens 8-8
Browns 6-10

casteeler
01-04-2013, 09:16 PM

Browns will still suck.

Bengals 11-5
Steelers 10-6
Ravens 7-9
Browns 5-11

Very easy schedule shouldn't be comforting to anyone

Blacksburg Zach
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Very easy schedule shouldn't be comforting to anyone

Exactly. This is the Steelers, after all. For some reason, they play better when they have a tougher schedule.

teegre
01-04-2013, 09:57 PM

I'll take that bet.

My prediction: 19-0.

Edman
01-04-2013, 11:22 PM
The success of the 2013 Steelers depends on the play of the Defense and the improvement of the running game. The Defense will be it's usual self, but the Run game is a question mark.

If the Run game steps up, this team wins more than 10 games.

If it stays down, another 8-8 campaign. Let's not forget who is behind center for the Steelers.

NSMaster56
01-04-2013, 11:25 PM
It was in no order yet. Also, the Lions are 4th place. I say we will have more trouble with the Bears stout D than the fudge packers.

Yeah, I know.

Still, the games after the loooooooong trip to/from London will be difficult (especially depending on the opponents).

NSMaster56
01-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Can Roethlisberger outduel Joe Flacco? Doubtful.

Thanks, I needed that laugh. :chuckle:

GoFor7
01-04-2013, 11:34 PM
The success of the 2013 Steelers depends on the play of the Defense and the improvement of the running game. The Defense will be it's usual self, but the Run game is a question mark.

If it stays down, another 8-8 campaign. Let's not forget who is behind center for the Steelers.

I'd be more worried about the guy who owns the team as a problem. Him continuing to think he knows about how NFL offenses are run really hurt the team this season.

SteelersCanada
01-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Can Roethlisberger outduel Joe Flacco? Doubtful.

I don't even know what to say to this. The amount of ignorance in one sentence is mind boggling. How was this written in the English language without you taking a step back and saying 'Nah, this is too ridiculous for me to type.' and then stopped immediately.

If you legitimately think this way and aren't going for a laugh, then I have pity for you.

teegre
01-04-2013, 11:37 PM
I'd be more worried about the guy who owns the team as a problem. Him continuing to think he knows about how NFL offenses are run really hurt the team this season.

In a thread about the schedule... about traveling overseas... and about making predictions about next year's record... you find a way to bring up Art II.

WTF!?!

Seriously, what is wrong with you??? Do you HAVE to put that into every single thread on here???

GoFor7
01-04-2013, 11:37 PM
I don't even know what to say to this. The amount of ignorance in one sentence is mind boggling. How was this written in the English language without you taking a step back and saying 'Nah, this is too ridiculous for me to type.' and then stopped immediately.

If you legitimately think this way and aren't going for a laugh, then I have pity for you.

I think he's pissed off for one big reason:

Ben Roethlisberger: 2
Greg Lloyd: 0

GoFor7
01-04-2013, 11:38 PM
In a thread about the schedule... about traveling overseas... and about making predictions about next year's record... you find a way to bring up Art II.

WTF!?!

Seriously, what is wrong with you??? Do you HAVE to put that into every single thread on here???

If they can trash Ben all the time, I can trash Artie. Start calling them out on their BS or ignore my posts on Artie as you do their's on Ben.

teegre
01-04-2013, 11:49 PM
If they can trash Ben all the time, I can trash Artie. Start calling them out on their BS or ignore my posts on Artie as you do their's on Ben.

Seriously, what are you effing talking about?

You have been on this kick for months. Every week, it's a new post that habitually pops up over & over & over in EVERY single thread.

Edman has posted his disdain for BB for a long, long time... but, he generally keeps it in those threads. He transgressed here, but that is once (not fifteen times per day). I have debated with him before, and he & I disagree... but, he does not troll through the threads posting the same things over & over.

Lloydwoodson... well... YES, he has started about thirty anti-BB threads... but, honestly, he appears to only be about 50% truthful and 50% trying to stir up controversy.

GoFor7
01-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Seriously, what are you effing talking about?

You have been on this kick for months. Every week, it's a new post that habitually pops up over & over & over in EVERY single thread.

Edman has posted his disdain for BB for a long, long time... but, he generally keeps it in those threads. He transgressed here, but that is once (not fifteen times per day). I have debated with him before, and he & I disagree... but, he does not troll through the threads posting the same things over & over.

Lloydwoodson... well... YES, he has started about thirty anti-BB threads... but, honestly, he appears to only be about 50% truthful and 50% trying to stir up controversy.

I take note of the fact that a) Artie tried to blame the offense for the 2009 season when it was the defense blowing 4th quarter leads, and b) him lying about Arians being fired and his media tour about the offense putting emphasis on running. So yeah, I'd say he's pretty involved. Sorry I don't worship him like the rest of you.

kent
01-04-2013, 11:53 PM
Im liking the schedule and not sold that the Bengals will take over this division. I had to re-read that Ben/Flacco statement, wow......

SteelersCanada
01-05-2013, 12:03 AM
The Bengals aren't going to take over shit. I'm sorry, does Andy Dalton actually scare any of you? Sure, they have a decent defense and one - count it, ONE - great receiver but that's it. The fact that some of you are scared about the Bengals taking over the AFC North is laughable. Please, that title is ours for the next 3 - 4 years straight.

The Bengals will be doing their best to not be the bottom feeder of the division and, as always, the Ratbirds will do their best impersonation of a playoff team then crumble when games actually mean something. A lot of you have to take a step back and look at this thing logically - look at that schedule. Who pops out to you as a potentially scary team? There's two for me: The Pats and Packers and that's it. But, since we tend to play to our potential against good teams, I have a feeling we'll be fine.

If anything, we should be worried about losing to Oakland and the Rams again.

Bayz101
01-05-2013, 12:07 AM

Do you honestly believe Roethlisberger is the problem? :doh:

GoFor7
01-05-2013, 12:12 AM
Getting back to the topic at hand, the AFC North is weaker than it has been over the past 4 years - and in general the AFC stinks except for New England and Denver. And how much longer will Peyton play? And then Brady a few years later?

Maybe by 2016 9-7 will be enough for the #1 seed in the AFC.

teegre
01-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Getting back to the topic at hand, the AFC North is weaker than it has been over the past 4 years - and in general the AFC stinks except for New England and Denver. And how much longer will Peyton play? And then Brady a few years later?

Maybe by 2016 9-7 will be enough for the #1 seed in the AFC.

I agree that the AFC is on its way down, but I think the top seed will still have 12 wins or so (technically, 16... by the Steelers).

kan_t
01-05-2013, 03:43 AM
I'm surprise that some people think that the schedule is easy. NFC North is one of the best, if not the best, divisions in the league now.

steelerchad
01-05-2013, 08:56 AM
The Steelers won and lost a lot of games that came down to the final drive. 2 losses in OT. They used to find a way to win most of those games. This year, they found a way to lose most of them. They're not very far from being a playoff team again. In fact, they are the Ben pick against Cincy from being a playoff team. I expect the following next season.

This team is not that far away. Stay a little healthier, get some luck, this is a SB caliber team again. There is no team in this years playoffs to be fearful of except maybe Denver right now. None of these teams are solid on both sides of the ball, they all have flaws.

Millers the sh!t
01-05-2013, 09:46 AM
Plain and simple, even if we don't get a running game going. IF Tomlin can tighten up the fundamentals on offense. Dropped passes and fumbles.... we WILL win the afc North. Draft picks, and new coaches should only make us better. Not scared of the Bengals whatsoever.

Pitt 11-5 maybe 10-6
Cinci 9-7
Baltimore 9-7
Browns who gives a fuck?

lloydwoodson
01-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Please, that title is ours for the next 3 - 4 years straight. [/U]]

^ Ah I see where the word "entitlement" comes from now. That is a bad attitude to take because you don't have to work if you think something will be given to you.

Andy Dalton threw 27 tds this year. Roethlisberger has thrown for that number exactly once in his 9 seasons. Dalton is legit. Just because he isn't league MVP in his second year doesn't mean he isn't capable of stealing games.

The Bengals front 4 is pretty damn good - maybe the best in the league. Atkins is a beast and Peko and Johnson are very good.

The Ravens offense has scored more points than the Steelers offense in 4 of 5 years under Flacco. The duel comment was meant to be funny but it is also partly true. That is a very sad fact.

steelfury02
01-05-2013, 10:40 AM
HOME -

Stains
Bills
Phins
Titans
Lions
Bears
Rats
Bungles

AWAY-

Clowns
Vikings * London
Raiders
Jets
Patsies
Discount Double Check
Turd Birds
*****cats

Home - I'm going to say we lose 1 game at home this year in a close one. I'm looking to Bengals, Rats or Bears Lions as 1 of those losses.

On the road:
Loss to a "bottom feeder" plus 1 division loss on the road, coupled with l1 loss to Green Bay or Patriots - we will not lose both of those IMO.

12-4 and division, #2 seed. There - because I worship the devil and hate everything about Ben and everything that isn't Marty ball.

SteelersCanada
01-05-2013, 10:59 AM
^ Ah I see where the word "entitlement" comes from now. That is a bad attitude to take because you don't have to work if you think something will be given to you.

Thanks for the life tip, I appreciate it.

Andy Dalton threw 27 tds this year. Roethlisberger has thrown for that number exactly once in his 9 seasons. Dalton is legit. Just because he isn't league MVP in his second year doesn't mean he isn't capable of stealing games.

Here we go again. Stats, stats, stats. I mean, if you can't think logically about how stats mean absolute dick then I don't know what to tell you. Congratulations, he threw 27 TDs but hasn't done anything in the playoffs and has (arguably) the second best receiver in the game behind only Megatron. Newton is still a better quarterback than Dalton is and Cam has no legitimate help and no defense, but is still capable of winning games. Is he better than Roethlisberger? No, not right now, but Cam will be eventually. Andy, on the other hand, regressed this season. He doesn't throw accurately and can't make the deep ball to anyone other than AJ because his other receivers can't make circus catches and make him look really, really good.

But, no, let's keep on the statistics argument for a second. Here's a comparison, are Matthew Stafford and Andy Dalton better than Troy Aikman? I mean, they to be, right? Stafford has thrown for 5,000 yards and Aikman never threw for over 4000 in his career. Dalton threw for 27 TDs and Aikman's season-high in TDs was 23 back in '92. His career QBR was 81.6, too. Wow, Troy Aikman must have sucked! Stafford and Dalton are already better!

Oh, wait a second, he has three Super Bowl rings. Oh, an adding to that, his career QBR in Super Bowls was 111.9. What does this mean? It means that he didn't put up flashy stats or throw for 50 TDs, but he knew how to win in big games and play well in those games, just like Ben.

I know what you're going to say, too. This was a long time ago! Apples and oranges! Okay, Lloyd. Let's get more current. Look at these statistics ...

422 / 670 - 5177 yards - 43 TDs / 19 INTs - 96.3 QBR

Wow, those are some flashy stats! Know who they belong to? Drew Brees. Why is this significant? The Saints went 7 - 9 this season and are picking ahead of the Steelers in the 2013 draft. So, great, he threw for over 5000 yards and 40 TDs, but didn't win shit and in fact, did worse than the Steelers this year.

Stats =/= success. Parroting statistics is ridiculous and makes you look like you have no clue what you're talking about.

The Ravens offense has scored more points than the Steelers offense in 4 of 5 years under Flacco. The duel comment was meant to be funny but it is also partly true. That is a very sad fact.

Then why hasn't Flacco won anything? The Steelers and Ravens defenses have been very similar the last 5 years. They've both been described as 'elite' and 'best in the business', yet Roethlisberger is the only one to have won anything between these two. Why is that? Why can't Flacco win big games?

Ben is a better Quarterback and has shown to be in the playoffs with his success and his rings. For you to say he couldn't beat Flacco, despite only losing to him twice in his career, makes you look like an idiot. How is it that Flacco is 0-2 against Ben in the playoffs, but could 'out-duel' him?

You have to take a breath and settle down with the parroting of statistics and hate for Ben because it's embarrassing.

maddog78
01-05-2013, 11:03 AM
HOME -

Stains
Bills
Phins
Titans
Lions
Bears
Rats
Bungles

AWAY-

Clowns
Vikings * London
Raiders
Jets
Patsies
Discount Double Check
Turd Birds
*****cats

6-10. The bottom falls out next year, then Mikey coaches for his job in 2014.

FrancoLambert
01-05-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm amazed that so many are ready to grant us the division for years to come.
Based on what? Assumptions galore. "The Bengals aren't that good, Baltimore's on the decline," and yet somehow all of our weaknesses are going to suddenly disappear.
We'll get better but they won't?
I love optimism but unfortunately reality usually wins.
Before you discount the Bengals so easily remember this, they came into our stadium beat us and knocked us out of the playoff picture. That's significant.
Sorry, I can't dismiss that so easily.

The_Joker
01-05-2013, 11:42 AM
"The Bengals aren't that good, Baltimore's on the decline,"

First part is not true, but the other part is,

I think it will come down to Steelers and Bengals for the division, the Ravens are in for a hell of an awakening this offseason. Unlike us, they have not done a good job at all in replacing key vets, and they'll see it when Lewis leaves.

The Bengals, on the other hand, oh boy. They are legit, I've been telling everyone for two years!

The Browns may be improving, but they can't hang with the big boys yet.

maddog78
01-05-2013, 11:44 AM
First part is not true, but the other part is,

I think it will come down to Steelers and Bengals for the division, the Ravens are in for a hell of an awakening this offseason. Unlike us, they have not done a good job at all in replacing key vets, and they'll see it when Lewis leaves.

True homerism at its finest. What vets have we replaced? Hampton? Harrison? Keisel? Foote?

Those four guys were a shell of their former selves this year with nobody behind them.

sluggermatt15
01-05-2013, 11:59 AM
I'm amazed that so many are ready to grant us the division for years to come.
Based on what? Assumptions galore. "The Bengals aren't that good, Baltimore's on the decline," and yet somehow all of our weaknesses are going to suddenly disappear.
We'll get better but they won't?
I love optimism but unfortunately reality usually wins.
Before you discount the Bengals so easily remember this, they came into our stadium beat us and knocked us out of the playoff picture. That's significant.
Sorry, I can't dismiss that so easily.

I agree with you, nicely said. So many fans, analysts, and experts assume the Steelers are going to win the division and make the playoffs every year. IMO this is the WRONG way to look at it. Winning anything in the NFL is earned. No team is entitled to ANYTHING! Just because we are the Pittsburgh Steelers doesn't mean the rest of the league is going to keel over and give us what we want.

I feel like the Steelers have a lot to do if they want to win the division in 2013. A lot of the older players have to prove they belong on the team next year - Keisel, Foote, Hampton - while the younger, unproven players - Heyward, Hood, Worilds - NEED to step up their play! It's a shame some of the recent top draft picks - Hood, Heyward - haven't panned out to where we would like them, but the guys need to improve their game and start finding chemistry. If they don't, it's going to be a long season this fall...

steelfury02
01-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I agree with you, nicely said. So many fans, analysts, and experts assume the Steelers are going to win the division and make the playoffs every year. IMO this is the WRONG way to look at it. Winning anything in the NFL is earned. No team is entitled to ANYTHING! Just because we are the Pittsburgh Steelers doesn't mean the rest of the league is going to keel over and give us what we want.

I feel like the Steelers have a lot to do if they want to win the division in 2013. A lot of the older players have to prove they belong on the team next year - Keisel, Foote, Hampton - while the younger, unproven players - Heyward, Hood, Worilds - NEED to step up their play! It's a shame some of the recent top draft picks - Hood, Heyward - haven't panned out to where we would like them, but the guys need to improve their game and start finding chemistry. If they don't, it's going to be a long season this fall...

The young hopefuls stepping up - I can't agree with you more - it is on them on both sides of the ball to step it up and make a difference for the team. I'm not there in the meetings when they decide who has what responsibility - but it is time to start leaning on the young guys/replacements more than ever. I feel that 80-90% of our young talent has been given enough time. Lewis and Allen are a fine example of getting these guys game experience. The vets are in there for a reason though - but I also think that letting them get in there and make a few more mistakes would do both sides very well - especially on D IMO. I really want to see more of McClendon and more out of Hood, as well as Heyward. No - not splash plays necessarily - I want to see more dominance off the snap.

I think if we all take a step back and see who has made the playoffs this year - we're seeing quite a few new names on both sides of the ball - an indicator of where things MIGHT be going, and relying heavy on the tried and true at certain positions needs to fade out a little for the Steelers IMO. Look at the Redskins and Seahawks. No -I dont want the Steelers to be MORE like them, and parity does rule the league now - a lot can be said about a rookie going into his sophomore season now that just about every team has studied them. I want to see some young blood take the reigns, and ride or die with them.

sluggermatt15
01-05-2013, 01:02 PM
The young hopefuls stepping up - I can't agree with you more - it is on them on both sides of the ball to step it up and make a difference for the team. I'm not there in the meetings when they decide who has what responsibility - but it is time to start leaning on the young guys/replacements more than ever. I feel that 80-90% of our young talent has been given enough time. Lewis and Allen are a fine example of getting these guys game experience. The vets are in there for a reason though - but I also think that letting them get in there and make a few more mistakes would do both sides very well - especially on D IMO. I really want to see more of McClendon and more out of Hood, as well as Heyward. No - not splash plays necessarily - I want to see more dominance off the snap.

I think if we all take a step back and see who has made the playoffs this year - we're seeing quite a few new names on both sides of the ball - an indicator of where things MIGHT be going, and relying heavy on the tried and true at certain positions needs to fade out a little for the Steelers IMO. Look at the Redskins and Seahawks. No -I dont want the Steelers to be MORE like them, and parity does rule the league now - a lot can be said about a rookie going into his sophomore season now that just about every team has studied them. I want to see some young blood take the reigns, and ride or die with them.

Yep, Lewis and Allen are two guys who stepped in nicely. If the Steelers keep Lewis and have him start next year I think we'll see the benefits of allowing him to play much more this past season. The experience will really help.

Hood, Heyward, and the d-line need to get more pressure on the QB, IMO. It seems like the guys who have the most sacks on the team are the LBs for obvious reasons. But it would do wonders for our defense if the line would get more sacks. Sort of like the NY Giants front where Tuck, Canty, and Pierre-Paul seem like they are always in the backfield causing havoc. This would make our pass rush THAT much more dangerous. I know some of our d-line work is creating double-teams and creating the openings for other players to rush and get sacks, but IMO it would be nice for them to create more pressure.

JeromeBetties63
01-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Wow, what a bunch of nattering nabobs of negativism. Get a grip people The Mighty Steelers do NOT have back to back bad season. I predict 12-4, AFCN Champions and an AFC championship game. If we are healthy late....we will make a run at the Super Bowl. WAKE UP!

maddog78
01-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Hood, Heyward, and the d-line need to get more pressure on the QB, IMO. It seems like the guys who have the most sacks on the team are the LBs for obvious reasons. But it would do wonders for our defense if the line would get more sacks. Sort of like the NY Giants front where Tuck, Canty, and Pierre-Paul seem like they are always in the backfield causing havoc. This would make our pass rush THAT much more dangerous. I know some of our d-line work is creating double-teams and creating the openings for other players to rush and get sacks, but IMO it would be nice for them to create more pressure.

You're comparing a 2-gap, read/react 3-4 with a 4-3. Completely different responsibilities for the DL. When our DL get to the QB, it's considered a mistake.

plenewken
01-05-2013, 01:55 PM
The Steelers have proven many times that they can lose to anyone, particularly weak teams. Being 3rd in our Division, we'll face 3rd in other Divisions and they are not the ones we particularly perform well against. Just sayin'.
I believe it when I see it.

sluggermatt15
01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Wow, what a bunch of nattering nabobs of negativism. Get a grip people The Mighty Steelers do NOT have back to back bad season. I predict 12-4, AFCN Champions and an AFC championship game. If we are healthy late....we will make a run at the Super Bowl. WAKE UP!

Realistically, the Steelers are only as good as the players will take them. We aren't entitled to anything. Wins are earned, not handed out. The players must see that and step up their game.

I am really not trying to be negative. Rather, I am concerned with how the team played down the stretch to end the year. Losing 5 of our last 6 or whatever it was is not the way to go, especially when the playoffs were at stake. The way the team played against comparable and inferior competition was pathetic!

The Steelers have proven many times that they can lose to anyone, particularly weak teams. Being 3rd in our Division, we'll face 3rd in other Divisions and they are not the ones we particularly perform well against. Just sayin'.
I believe it when I see it.

Exactly. This is why I am not convinced we will snap out of our funk "automatically". It's going to take some changes and some work.

harrison'samonster
01-05-2013, 03:29 PM

love the positive attitude. Without seeing what we do in the draft and how we look coming out of training camp and pre-season it's hard to make an informed guess based only on our schedule. There's no reason to think we won't be contenders next season.

It will sure take a lot of hard work to end up 12-4 though.

The_Joker
01-05-2013, 03:40 PM
love the positive attitude. Without seeing what we do in the draft and how we look coming out of training camp and pre-season it's hard to make an informed guess based only on our schedule. There's no reason to think we won't be contenders next season.

It will sure take a lot of hard work to end up 12-4 though.

10-6. Mark it down. 10-6 and a deep playoff run.

plenewken
01-05-2013, 04:00 PM
10-6. Mark it down. 10-6 and a deep playoff run.

If this was a sales forecast or a budget that you present to your boss, I would expect him to ask you what are the assumptions behind it and why you believe it's realistic.

I'm not your boss ............ but I'm asking you the same questions. :wink02:

The_Joker
01-05-2013, 04:06 PM
If this was a sales forecast or a budget that you present to your boss, I would expect him to ask you what are the assumptions behind it and why you believe it's realistic.

I'm not your boss ............ but I'm asking you the same questions. :wink02:

The Steelers are not a team to go in long slumps (other than the 80's).

2006. 8-8, then went 10-6. 2009. 9-7 and missed playoffs, 12-4 twice next two years. 2003. 6-10, then 15-1 then a SB win. '99. 6-10, then 9-7 then 13-3.

Need I go on?

This team has the chance to fill some holes and cut some dead weight. Our schedule is rather merciful, and if 10-6 is far fetched to you then you are just being an emotional teenage girl.

:drink:

SteelersCanada
01-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Oh, yeah, look at how scary Andy Dalton is. 14 / 30 127 yards 0 TDs 1 INT.

That's a legitimate quarterback for you. Man, we should trade for him after he passed for 27 TDs in the regular season. I mean, look at that stat line. I wish Ben could have those stats! Fuck the rings, give me those stats!

NSMaster56
01-05-2013, 11:30 PM
The Bengals aren't going to take over shit. I'm sorry, does Andy Dalton actually scare any of you?

Exactamundo!

With their current corps, the Bengals will be frisky, but Dalton is Flacco lite and Marvin Lewis has Andy Reid moments.

Even should the Bengals win the division a year or two, when the game is on the line they'll blow it.

lloydwoodson
01-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Oh, yeah, look at how scary Andy Dalton is. 14 / 30 127 yards 0 TDs 1 INT.

That's a legitimate quarterback for you. Man, we should trade for him after he passed for 27 TDs in the regular season. I mean, look at that stat line. I wish Ben could have those stats! Fuck the rings, give me those stats!

14 / 28 220 yards 1 TD 2 INT

^ Roethlisberger's numbers when Andy Dalton knocked the Steelers out of playoff contention.

Blacksburg Zach
01-05-2013, 11:51 PM
14 / 28 220 yards 1 TD 2 INT

^ Roethlisberger's numbers when Andy Dalton knocked the Steelers out of playoff contention.

Andy Dalton did nothing to knock the Steelers out of playoff contention. Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson, and Ben Roethlisberger were the main culprits in knocking the Steelers out.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-06-2013, 12:14 AM
Let's not forget who is behind center for the Steelers.

Wow I've never heard a truer statement. The Steelers will never do much better than .500 or become a true title contender until they get an actual franchise QB.
:wink02:

NSMaster56
01-06-2013, 12:17 AM
2-6

^Andy Dalton's record vs. BAL and PIT.

Both of those wins came this year; the one vs. PIT due to the Ben pick-six and the one vs. BAL because they rested their starters for 3/4 the game.

lloydwoodson
01-06-2013, 12:31 AM
2-6

^Andy Dalton's record vs. BAL and PIT.

Both of those wins came this year; the one vs. PIT due to the Ben pick-six and the one vs. BAL because they rested their starters for 3/4 the game.

Well Dalton is 2/2 in getting his team to the playoffs and Flacco is 5/5 so I expect them to be in the playoffs more years than they are not.

If the Steelers are as dismissive of their rivals in the AFC North as the fans on this forum are they are going to spend a lot of time watching playoff football with the rest of us.

steelfury02
01-06-2013, 08:51 AM
The Steelers need to win out the division (6-0). They can't worry about what level the competition is at. They have somehow labeled each team as to whether or not they should show up and have made it more about them, than what they want to do IMO.

Who cares if Dalton has looked terrible? Their defense owned our offense and in the waning moments, he made enough throws to get them into FG range. That was the difference in comparing the two teams.

They didn't have to be a great team, they just had to be better than us - and they were this season. They deserved to at least appear in the WC round - we did not.

Need to stop looking at things "well if we woulda played the Texans" and more of "Why the eff couldn't we do this against the Bengals and took care of our own shit?"

Undisciplined team = 8-8. I expect us to be at least a couple games better next season - enough to get in at least, and maybe even a little better than that. Depends on how much dead weight we get rid of, how many young guys step up, how much Ben and his play makers buy in next season, and injuries of course

sloppyjoe
01-06-2013, 09:41 AM
10-6...

wwhickok
01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
12-4. The Bengals, Ravens, and Browns are on their way back to the cellar. The Bungles are starting to realize Dalton is not thwir future. The Browns have no future, and the Ravens are losing lewis, likely Reed, and before too long im sure suggs will follow.

steelfury02
01-07-2013, 12:06 PM
12-4. The Bengals, Ravens, and Browns are on their way back to the cellar. The Bungles are starting to realize Dalton is not thwir future. The Browns have no future, and the Ravens are losing lewis, likely Reed, and before too long im sure suggs will follow.

I saw an article, (if I could find it again) on NFL and espn, with the Bengals questioning on whether or not Dalton is the answer. IMO -if true, that is ridiculous. That idea alone is why I'm fortunate to be a Steelers fan.

Let's see - stay around .8-8 to 10-6 and at least be one of the teams competing for a last spot in the tournament, or, ditch what we got because we didn't go 13-3, get the #1/2 seed and a bye the first two years of the guys career - and ultimately, go back to being 4-12, 5-11 or 6-10 because "we are so used to winning around here"

If they had any sense in them, they would stick with their guys on both sides of the ball. 9-7 two years in a row and a WC birth in both of them, and they want to start over again? WTF?Now is the time to stick with it and get him 2 more threats at WR.

torpedoshell31
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Yes, Dalton threw 27 TD's this season, one more than Ben. Dalton also threw 16 picks this year exactly twice as many as Ben.
Dalton's playoff record-0 and 2. Which QB has the second highest winning pct. in NFL playoff history? That's right it's Ben.

wwhickok
01-07-2013, 02:09 PM
I saw an article, (if I could find it again) on NFL and espn, with the Bengals questioning on whether or not Dalton is the answer. IMO -if true, that is ridiculous. That idea alone is why I'm fortunate to be a Steelers fan.

Let's see - stay around .8-8 to 10-6 and at least be one of the teams competing for a last spot in the tournament, or, ditch what we got because we didn't go 13-3, get the #1/2 seed and a bye the first two years of the guys career - and ultimately, go back to being 4-12, 5-11 or 6-10 because "we are so used to winning around here"

If they had any sense in them, they would stick with their guys on both sides of the ball. 9-7 two years in a row and a WC birth in both of them, and they want to start over again? WTF?Now is the time to stick with it and get him 2 more threats at WR.

I agree completely. And it was on NFL.com, its the basis of my belief the Bungles are on their way back to the cellar.

torpedoshell31
01-07-2013, 04:08 PM
I agree completely. And it was on NFL.com, its the basis of my belief the Bungles are on their way back to the cellar.

The Stains won't give up their hold on last place without a fight, it is the Brown's birthright to dwell in the cellar.

nj1923steelgirl
01-07-2013, 06:43 PM
I am going with 10-6

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 06:44 PM
I am going with 10-6

Good man. 10-6 can likely win the division with the Ravens going down the crapper and Bengals not there yet.

Hawaii 5-0
01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Good man. 10-6 can likely win the division with the Ravens going down the crapper and Bengals not there yet.

I'm pretty sure nj1923steelgirl is not a man...

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure nj1923steelgirl is not a man...

Didn't look at the name. Whatever :noidea:

Steeler7BR
01-07-2013, 07:28 PM
I think we can't name any record till we have an idea which players are on the field or us 2013. Lets go past Free Agency maybe past the Draft. Although the Draft shouldn't change much.

The schedule it self isn't that good for me. Ok it seams easy. But for me it seams to easy. I think we haven't enough challenge out of the six random AFC teams. Ok we got New England but thats about it. Lets be onest you could put out any schedule you want. Our eyes aren't looking at any regular season glory. We're going for the Lombardi with that Defense and that Quarterback and I actully can't wait for the 2013 season.