PDA

View Full Version : Boyd elevated to 3rd Team QB.

Ambridge
08-15-2006, 06:38 PM
Just heard it on FSN Pittsburgh that Shane Boyd has been penciled in on the roster as the
3rd team QB ahead of Omar Jacobs. Supposedly the Steelers liked what they saw out of Boyd in Arizona this past Saturday.
Who knows if it stays that way on the final roster but maybe that will get the attention of those who thought Jacobs had the better game against Arizona.

bratsinmybelly
08-15-2006, 06:44 PM
I guess that's why they're the coaches and I'm not! I just don't see it. We better get our receivers some stilts if he's going to get any PT!

SteelCzar76
08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Just heard it on FSN Pittsburgh that Shane Boyd has been penciled in on the roster as the
3rd team QB ahead of Omar Jacobs. Supposedly the Steelers liked what they saw out of Boyd in Arizona this past Saturday.
Who knows if it stays that way on the final roster but maybe that will get the attention of those who thought Jacobs had the better game against Arizona.

This Fam,...is what we like to call a motivational physcology tactic for use of the the Qb whom will make the final roster. (Omar Jacobs) You do the math,.....if both Omar and Boyd hit the practice squad,......whom would be the first to be picked up by another franchise ? I'll give you a hint,....it's not the running back with the "Roger Clemons delivery at five yards" cat. The coaches know what they're doing,....and you'll know as soon as the final 53 is announced.

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

BigSteelThrill
08-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Boyd has been ahead of Omar for two weeks straight now.

How is this any different today?

SteelerMurf
08-15-2006, 11:18 PM
No way will Jacobs last on a trip to the practice squad. I bet he would be one of the hottest PS players in the NFL.

Not a soul would bid on Boyd. He was sooooo bad in Europe it was painfull to watch. If they like Boyd, send him to the practice squad he is sure to pass thru waivers, Jacobs won't.

Boyd will play himself out of that #3 spot this week.

Midnightwriter07
08-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Maybe they like Boyd overall and think that teaching him " to throw some touch passes " would be easier to work with than Jacobs. <--shrugs shoulders

19ward86
08-15-2006, 11:36 PM
i think omar would be better on the cardinals so he can have another 4000 yd season, like in his junior year.

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 12:26 AM
we were down to our 3rd qb last season. if the same happens this season i just hope jeff george or kordell is staying conditionned.

jacobs was a sleeper project. boyd is a potential 3rd string qb. id hate for either to be relied upon to help defend a sb title.

MattsMe
08-16-2006, 12:39 AM
You know the Steelers once had another young QB with an incredibly strong arm, who also suffered from having no touch on the ball and making poor decisions early in his career. He turned out okay.

(I'm not actually suggesting Boyd will turn out to be that great, I highly doubt it. It's just some food for thought.)

Steel Pit
08-16-2006, 01:48 AM
we were down to our 3rd qb last season. if the same happens this season i just hope jeff george or kordell is staying conditionned.

jacobs was a sleeper project. boyd is a potential 3rd string qb. id hate for either to be relied upon to help defend a sb title.

But as bad as Boyd's delivery is, I would still rather see him as our #3 QB as opposed to Tommy Maddox. At least the dude isn't scared to take a hit as Maddox was. If he ends up being our #3 OB, WHICH I DOUBT, it's definitely an upgrade from last season.

Cape Cod Steel Head
08-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Who knows if it stays that way on the final roster but maybe that will get the attention of those who thought Jacobs had the better game against Arizona.What the hell were they looking at?

Ambridge
08-16-2006, 03:50 AM
Putting touch on the football is a skill that can be honed over time.
Little league arms that have shot-put releases aren't going to get that much stronger.
Jacobs has "Int Machine" written all over him that's unless the Steelers are keeping a specialty QB for safe Screen passes and short dump offs.

BB2W
08-16-2006, 06:28 PM
I thought Boyd looked better too... Either way, they both looked a little bit worse than Tommy Maddox and that isn't good. I'm gonna give it some time and I think one of the two will rise to the top.