PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Arians Hospitalized With Flu-like Symptoms

SteelersCanada
01-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Bruce Arians in hospital, won't coach Indianapolis Colts

Gregg Rosenthal

Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians will miss Sunday's wild-card game against the Baltimore Ravens because he has been hospitalized after falling ill, NFL.com's Kimberly Jones reported.

Arians missed practice Thursday with the flu, but he later returned to the Colts and was at practice as the team prepared to face the Ravens. The Colts told Jones that Arians is "fine," which is great to hear, and NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported that Arians is joking in the hospital and wants to coach, but doctors won't let him leave with what they believe is an inner ear infection or a virus.

Clyde Christensen will call the plays for the Colts on Sunday.

It's yet another obstacle for this Colts team that has overcome so much this season. Arians did a brilliant job as interim head coach while Chuck Pagano went through leukemia treatments. Pagano returned to the team before a victorious Week 17 game against the Houston Texans.

If nothing else, this Colts team knows how to adjust on the fly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000122668/article/bruce-arians-in-hospital-will-not-coach-for-colts-vs-ravens

I may not have liked the mans playcalling, but I never wanted to see him in the hospital. I hope he's ok.

harrison'samonster
01-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Hope he gets better soon. It is an especially bad flu season this year, hospitals are packed.

Bayz101
01-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Get well soon, Bruce!

steeltheone
01-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Get well soon, Coach!

lloydwoodson
01-07-2013, 02:23 AM
Get well soon, Bruce. And don't worry- the Colts still ran your patented 4th and short empty backfield.

Atlanta Dan
01-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Apparently it was not the flu

Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians remained at a Baltimore hospital on Monday as doctors waited for his blood pressure to stabilize....

Indy has already given Arians permission to interview for head-coaching jobs in Chicago and Philadelphia.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8821248/bruce-arians-indianapolis-colts-hospitalized-due-blood-pressure

I was no fan of BA as a coach but hope he has a speedy recovery from what can be a serious problem and that this health problem does not adversely impact his chances to be a HC

Fire Arians
01-08-2013, 12:53 AM
bruce won't be here due to uhh, a throat infection...