PDA

View Full Version : Now... for whom to root?

teegre
01-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Many of us were going for the youngin's (Luck, RGIII)... or for AP.

Alas...

Well, now for whom to root is crystal clear (at least, for me): SEATTLE.

I want the Broncos to anihilate the Ravens.
I want the Texans to beat the Taperiots.
I want the Niners to take out the Packers.
And, I am rooting for Russell Wilson (no offense Falcons fans).

(SuperBowl score: 27-23, Seattle over Denver.)

Fire Arians
01-07-2013, 10:57 AM
seattle's been my pick since the start of the playoffs. russell wilson and marshawn lynch are fun to watch

but if anything, anybody but the 49ers or ravens. ravens for obvious reasons and i don't want the 49ers to match us in sb wins

pete74
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
I have said all year I want Denver to win the super bowl if the Steelers can't. I'm rooting for them. Green Bay vs Denver would be one he'll of a Super Bowl

harrison'samonster
01-07-2013, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't mind Denver, but I'm pulling for Seattle!

torpedoshell31
01-07-2013, 11:12 AM
Matt Ryan has the tag that he can't win a playoff game. So now he has everything he needs, big fast WR's, #1 seed, a weeks rest, playing at home etc. Yet now even with all that going for him, he has to face Russell Wison and gang coming into Atlanta as the hottest team in the NFC. Once again I'm not so sure about Matty Ice's chances.

Fire Haley
01-07-2013, 11:33 AM
fuck football

Go Penguins!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2013, 11:38 AM
Falcons, Texans or Broncos.

No Harbaugh team, No Bellicheat, Pete Carrol is a candy ass....the replacement refs hand him that Packers game and he celebrates like a Highschool cheerleader. Besides.......Cryhawk fans still think the ref gave us SBXL.

Vis
01-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Atlanta and Denver. I don't want the crying Seattle fans to be happy. I hold the post XL BS against them.

Hawaii 5-0
01-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Atlanta and Denver. I don't want the crying Seattle fans to be happy. I hold the post XL BS against them.

Q: What is the difference between a Seattle Seahawks fan and a baby?

A: The baby will stop whining after awhile.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/29/102677080_28cff1b92c_z.jpg?zz=1

JVip
01-07-2013, 11:45 AM
I am rooting for the SeaChickens..
I just can't root for any of the other teams.

Hawaii 5-0
01-07-2013, 11:52 AM
but if anything, anybody but the 49ers or ravens. ravens for obvious reasons and i don't want the 49ers to match us in sb wins

good point, never thought of that.

seems like every person here in Hawaii is rooting for the 49ers except for you and me...

Fire Arians
01-07-2013, 12:16 PM

seems like every person here in Hawaii is rooting for the 49ers except for you and me...

lol those guys are still riding the bandwagon from the montana days. I think the most overused jerseys ive seen in the pro bowl were montana / rice jerseys

they still look brand new too, they probably had them locked away in the closet for a couple decades and only pulled them out last year when they finally had a good season. fair weather fans, they were prolly cheering for dallas in the 90's. most hawaii football fans make me sick

teegre
01-07-2013, 01:07 PM
Here is who I want to win, in order... and why.

Teams for whom I am rooting.

1. SEATTLE
I like the idea of Russell Wilson (who i loved coming otu fo college) winning. And, it's a new team.

2. DENVER
I like the idea of Peyton doing what no other player has done: winning a SuperBowl with two different teams. He is a good guy, and personally, think that another SuperBowl takes him from the Marino level (elite, but no/not many championships) to the next level (elite AND championships).

Teams about whom I am "Eh".

3 & 4. HOUSTON / ATLANTA
New teams. Nice stories.

Now... for the teams that I simply what to lose.

5. SAN FRAN
Just so that they do not get #6.

6. GREEN BAY
I am still not over XLV.

Lastly, teams that I hate.

7. BALTIMORE
No need to explain.

8. NEW ENGLAND
I hate them worse than I hate Baltimore. Why? Cheating tarnished any & all of their championships. The Ravens suck, but at least they never cheated.

Fire Arians
01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
^^ good post haha

Blacksburg Zach
01-07-2013, 02:05 PM
I'm rooting for Denver over Baltimore, Houston over New England(won't happen), don't care about Atlanta and Seattle, and I'm pulling for the meteor in the Green Bay-San Francisco game.

wwhickok
01-07-2013, 02:32 PM
To win the SB Im rooting for Atlanta or Denver or whoever plays NE

GMU Steeler
01-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Denver to beat the Ravens bad and I think they will. Tough place to play on the road especially if you're a meh road team as is.
Houston to beat the Pats: This is the old in my heart I want Houston to win but I think New England will win situation though. If they could get some nice sustained drives though and NE's O is hopefully a little rusty.

Seattle over Falcons: Falcons are underachievers and I like many of you like watching Wilson too. I think it's a shame that RGIII and Luck have both overshadowed this kid.
Packers over Niners: This will be the best game of the four. I have GB winning because I think having the better QB means the difference in this one.

Ideal SB would be Falcons versus Texans ebcause neither has won. Who I don't want: Ravens, Patriots obviously but also the Niners. I don't want them getting six and I don't like the other Harbaugh either.

steelfury02
01-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Denver to beat the Ravens bad and I think they will. Tough place to play on the road especially if you're a meh road team as is.
Houston to beat the Pats: This is the old in my heart I want Houston to win but I think New England will win situation though. If they could get some nice sustained drives though and NE's O is hopefully a little rusty.

Seattle over Falcons: Falcons are underachievers and I like many of you like watching Wilson too. I think it's a shame that RGIII and Luck have both overshadowed this kid.
Packers over Niners: This will be the best game of the four. I have GB winning because I think having the better QB means the difference in this one.

Ideal SB would be Falcons versus Texans ebcause neither has won. Who I don't want: Ravens, Patriots obviously but also the Niners. I don't want them getting six and I don't like the other Harbaugh either.

and I actually think I would hate THAT Harbaugh even more than the Harbaugh we have to endure 2 to 3 times a year - at least I'm used to the sniveling, whining, and gatorade baths - if I had to endure someone who got physical with our coach errrrr . .. wait, they've both done it now.

I absolutely don't want any Harbaugh in the SB and wouldn't wish a Super Baugh with both of them in it - except, I would get the satisfaction of knowing one of them would get close but lose haha - I might not even watch a Ravens v. 49ers SB. NIGHTMARE

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Texans

NSMaster56
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
The Seahawks are like the Cowher-era Steelers with Big Ben under center.

The similarities between the styles is truly remarkable: run first/heavy O with an elusive playmaking QB and a smashmouth D.

WC games were mostly duds. Here's hoping we get at least one classic in the next two rounds.

cbrunn
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Denver because I would like to see Champ Baily finally get a ring ... the guy is a all time great at the CB position

JeromeBetties63
01-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Rooting for:

Broncos over Ravens

Texans over Puketriots

Seahawks over Falcons

49ers over Packers

AFC: Texans over Broncos

NFC: Seahawks over 49ers

Super Bowl: Seahawks over Texans

What I think will happen this round: Broncos, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers

stb_steeler
01-07-2013, 03:18 PM

Im not rooting for 9ers either....screw dat!

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2013, 04:02 PM
The Seahawks are like the Cowher-era Steelers with Big Ben under center.

The similarities between the styles is truly remarkable: run first/heavy O with an elusive playmaking QB and a smashmouth D.

WC games were mostly duds. Here's hoping we get at least one classic in the next two rounds.

Yeah, but Cowher lead teams would not celebrate a MNF win vs the Packers like it was a super bowl win.

Even if the replacement refs called an INT a TD. :headshake:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Denver because I would like to see Champ Baily finally get a ring ... the guy is a all time great at the CB position

Yeah and I'd like to see Manning get another. He's possibly the greatest QB to play the game and doesnt get as much credit as Brady, Montana, Favre.

Quackjack
01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Since the 'Skins are out, Broncos.

pete74
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah and I'd like to see Manning get another. He's possibly the greatest QB to play the game and doesnt get as much credit as Brady, Montana, Favre.

Agreed. I love Manning and would love to see him get another ring. He is so good yet is one of the few that never let it get to his head or never thought he was above the team.

Jahodac
01-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Falcons

SteelersCanada
01-07-2013, 04:57 PM
The last thing I want to see is Manning get another ring. I can't be alone in that, can I?

This boils down to which team do I dislike the least and in that regard, I'm going for the Seahawks. I can't stand the Pats, Broncos, Texans or Ravens and I really dislike the 49ers and Falcons. So, that leaves me the Packers and Seahawks, and well, the Packers beat us in a Super Bowl so fuck that.

Go Seahawks.

nj1923steelgirl
01-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Broncos

austinfrench76
01-07-2013, 10:43 PM
I hope the Falcons play the Texans! Could care less about either!!!

Hawaii 5-0
01-08-2013, 12:34 AM
I hope the Falcons play the Texans! Could care less about either!!!

I love the Falcons and the Texans...:thumbsup:

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1514367994/4e492301b6973d27134b0000-1.jpghttp://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/billy-ray-cyrus-and-houston-texans-0xrlGz.jpg

LVSteelersfan
01-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Rooting for the Broncos because I have a lot of family and friends that live in the Denver area and are fans. Can't stand Ratbirds, Cheatriots, Fudge packers, 49ers (working on 6 rings). Atlanta and Seattle are ok. Ratbirds will get their butts kicked. Unfortunately Cheatriots will win big time over Texans. It will probably be 50-10. Seasquawks are ok with me despite their bitching because they are nowhere close to 6 Super Bowl wins.

Glad the Bungles were one and done. Hate them.

CanuckCurtain
01-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Falcons, Texans or Broncos.

No Harbaugh team, No Bellicheat, Pete Carrol is a candy ass....the replacement refs hand him that Packers game and he celebrates like a Highschool cheerleader. Besides.......Cryhawk fans still think the ref gave us SBXL. :chuckle:

I still hear it to this day. Im an 1h30mins away from seattle. Lots of fairweather seahawk fans here. Nothing against the team really but the fans is another question.

Vis comment "I don't want the crying Seattle fans to be happy. I hold the post XL BS against them".

:chuckle:

Cant really cheer for any of them. I absolutely hate the pats:mad:. I would be alright with Denver, Atlanta and Houston but honestly as long as the pats dont win it!

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Agree with everyone else - we cannot have the Pats* or the Rats win.

Next, I don't want the NIners (a Harbaugh, and them with #6) or the bitter SeaChickens. I also don't want to re-live the SB loss to the Packers, so I'll root against them.

That leaves the Falcons, Texans and the Broncos.

I'd prefer the Texans - they've never gotten a sniff of the SB, but they're going to get pasted this weekend.

So... I'm rooting for an Atlanta-Denver SB, and either one winning would be OK with me.

pete74
01-10-2013, 04:53 PM
I want Denver to win it all like I posted earlier but I also wouldn't mind New England winning. I'm well aware that I'm the only one here who feels this way but I respect the team and Brady. Brady was a 6th round pick, he's very close with his family, dosnt get in trouble plus he dosnt take anything for granted. Like I said, I know nobody else here wants Brady to win a 4th ring but I wouldn't mind it. It would cement his name in with Bradshaw and Montana and I think he deserves it.
With that said I hope Denver and Manning crushes everyone. I don't just want them to win I want them to win every game by 30 points so Manning could laugh at Indy.

OakmontMan
01-13-2013, 06:21 PM
Rooting for the Broncos because I have a lot of family and friends that live in the Denver area and are fans. Can't stand Ratbirds, Cheatriots, Fudge packers, 49ers (working on 6 rings). Atlanta and Seattle are ok. Ratbirds will get their butts kicked. Unfortunately Cheatriots will win big time over Texans. It will probably be 50-10. Seasquawks are ok with me despite their bitching because they are nowhere close to 6 Super Bowl wins.

Glad the Bungles were one and done. Hate them.

Hey LV. Any other great prognostications?

OakmontMan
01-13-2013, 06:26 PM
I love the Falcons and the Texans...:thumbsup:

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/1514367994/4e492301b6973d27134b0000-1.jpghttp://www.exposay.com/celebrity-photos/billy-ray-cyrus-and-houston-texans-0xrlGz.jpg

Man, I wish the Rooney's would fly some attractive women here so we could field a team. :rofl:

fer522
01-13-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm rooting for the refs, all the teams left can go Fuck themselves

njsteeler87v2
01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Who to root for? Not the Ratbirds, and definitely not the Cheatriots!
I would root for the Niners, except that they'll have the same SB wins as us...
Why bother watching? I hope this will be a lesson to our underachieving team while they're playing golf..

Hawaii 5-0
01-13-2013, 06:40 PM
I'm rooting for the refs, all the teams left can go Fuck themselves

good point! :chuckle:

teegre
01-13-2013, 07:04 PM
In descending order:

Falcons - Who cares??? Let'em win. Yawn.

49ers - I do not want them to get #6. Plus, a Harbaugh.

Ravens - Obvious.

Taperiots - I hate them more than any other team. Cheaters suck.

harrison'samonster
01-13-2013, 07:22 PM
I want to see Atlanta win simply because they've never won it before

Blacksburg Zach
01-13-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm rooting for the dirty birds to win the Super Bowl.

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Atlanta - not only becuase I live here but because the Falcons are the only team left without a coach or player I really dislike

I selfishly would like to go to a Super Bowl party where most of those in attendance have an active rooting interest and will pay attention to the game (Super Bowl parties in Atlanta when the Steelers have played involved trying to watch the game while people were talking about the commercials or halftime show and asking me what I thought about the commercials or halftime show) but would dread watching the Patriots or Ravens win over the Falcons

NSMaster56
01-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Three of the four remaining teams earned their wins and therefore deserve to hoist Lombardi's trophy.

The fourth has two games and three weeks to prove that they deserve it.

Fire Arians
01-13-2013, 09:01 PM
falcons and patriots

then falcons

anybody but the ravens or 49ers

OakmontMan
01-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Three of the four remaining teams earned their wins and therefore deserve to hoist Lombardi's trophy.

Really. All division winners left and one is undeserving? Why? Bad calls by refs? Like we haven't benefitted from questionable calls during our SB runs. Dick.

Fire Arians
01-13-2013, 09:16 PM
Really. All division winners left and one is undeserving? Why? Bad calls by refs? Like we haven't benefitted from questionable calls during our SB runs. Dick.

hey now, it's not wrong to disagree with anyone but lay off the personal attacks.

it's okay to call tony a dick though :chuckle:

kent
01-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Anyone but the Ravens. Leaning towards the Falcons but theres just something about them that makes them hard to root for. I wouldnt mind the 49ers winning it even though it means they tie us at 6 but it doesnt matter because we'll get #7 next year.

zcoop
01-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Atlanta - not only becuase I live here but because the Falcons are the only team left without a coach or player I really dislike

I selfishly would like to go to a Super Bowl party where most of those in attendance have an active rooting interest and will pay attention to the game (Super Bowl parties in Atlanta when the Steelers have played involved trying to watch the game while people were talking about the commercials or halftime show and asking me what I thought about the commercials or halftime show) but would dread watching the Patriots or Ravens win over the Falcons

I hear ya Dan, and live in Metro Atl too, but the Falcons can't beat the Cheaters or Ratbirds. If the Dirty Birds get there, they'll lose badly, to the AFC opponent. The 49ers can beat either but the Cheaters will give them a game and could win it themselves.

Blacksburg Zach
01-13-2013, 09:32 PM

How is any team that makes it to the conference championship game undeserving of the chance to hoist the Lombardi trophy? The four remaining teams have each overcome many obstacles and won many hard-fought games in both the regular season and the postseason to make it to their respective conference championship. No team makes it that far by being a bad team. To say or to even imply that any team that makes it that far doesn't deserve a chance to hoist the Lombardi trophy is, in my opinion, completely asinine.

Atlanta Dan
01-13-2013, 09:57 PM
I hear ya Dan, and live in Metro Atl too, but the Falcons can't beat the Cheaters or Ratbirds. If the Dirty Birds get there, they'll lose badly, to the AFC opponent. The 49ers can beat either but the Cheaters will give them a game and could win it themselves.

Falcons could beat the Ravens but Brady would put up 50 points on Atlanta's defense

BrandonCarr39
01-13-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm not the world's biggest Ravens fan either(they beat Dallas in their TX Stadium finale in 2008, and then a gut-wrencher this year), but they are getting hot at just the right time. It's as if we've seen this movie a number of times before recently.

With no Gronk, the Pats may have a tough time next week.

SteelersCanada
01-13-2013, 10:17 PM
I'm not the world's biggest Ravens fan either(they beat Dallas in their TX Stadium finale in 2008, and then a gut-wrencher this year), but they are getting hot at just the right time. It's as if we've seen this movie a number of times before recently.

With no Gronk, the Pats may have a tough time next week.

Even if they put Cary Williams on Welker (good luck, Cary) then who's covering Lloyd, Hernandez and the 'Back out of the backfield? I'd love to see Ray Lewis try and cover Hernandez - that would be the funniest shit I'd see all week.

I'd also like to throw in the fact that the Texans front 7 is significantly better than the Ravens and they generated little-to-no pressure on Brady all game. That gives Brady time to pick apart and shred that secondary. I think this game has blowout written all over it.

Sorry, Ravens fans. Joey isn't going to beat Brady in his house.

NSMaster56
01-13-2013, 11:00 PM
How is any team that makes it to the conference championship game undeserving of the chance to hoist the Lombardi trophy? The four remaining teams have each overcome many obstacles and won many hard-fought games in both the regular season and the postseason to make it to their respective conference championship. No team makes it that far by being a bad team. To say or to even imply that any team that makes it that far doesn't deserve a chance to hoist the Lombardi trophy is, in my opinion, completely asinine.

The Falcons backed into their win against the Hawks as they have many other times this year.

They just seem 'lucky' as opposed to 'good'.

The other three remaining teams smack other teams around and have looked better so far.

If the Falcons win it all it will speak for itself, but until then...

BrandonCarr39
01-13-2013, 11:03 PM
The Falcons backed into their win against the Hawks as they have many other times this year.

They just seem 'lucky' as opposed to 'good'.

The other three remaining teams smack other teams around and have looked better so far.

If the Falcons win it all it will speak for itself, but until then...

Yeah, the Falcons could/should have easily lost to Carolina(1st game), Oakland, Tampa(1st game), and Arizona. To be frank, their previous coordinators(Mike Mularky and Brian Van Gorden) were much better than their current ones, but somehow Derek Koetter and Mike Nolan get way too much accolades.

NSMaster56
01-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Yeah, the Falcons could/should have easily lost to Carolina(1st game), Oakland, Tampa(1st game), and Arizona. To be frank, their previous coordinators(Mike Mularky and Brian Van Gorden) were much better than their current ones, but somehow Derek Koetter and Mike Nolan get way too much accolades.

Agreed.

Not trying to be harsh on ATL, they're a good young squad who would be a fitting champ, it would just be nice to see them take it to a team for a change (more first half like offense vs. the Hawks and less everything else).

Wasn't trying to insult the overall quality of their team, but of the four remaining teams with a season on the line I'd certainly want to play them the most.

OX1947
01-13-2013, 11:25 PM
I think it's going to be Harbaugh vs Harbaugh and Ravens are going to win it all. This feels a lot like Bettis' last year, last year for the gipper type emotion for Ray Ray. Word is Ed Reed might be done as well, I think if the Ravens win it all, he will definably retire this time.

AndyWitmyer
01-13-2013, 11:37 PM
I might take some heat for saying this - but of the teams remaining, I'm rooting for Baltimore. They're a divisional rival that I love to hate - but I also respect them in a weird sense - definitely moreso than I do the Patriots. I have nothing against the 49ers, but they could threaten the Steelers current #1 SB victory count by tying them with a win. And I despise thinking of Brady holding onto yet another ring...when we're not even certain if (morally speaking) 1 or more of them should be there in the first place.

So yeah...the Ravens it is, champion of the AFC North. Go Ravens! (until next season, that is)

EDIT: Wow - I almost forgot the Atlanta won that game - I'll definitely root for that team, as well!

FanSince72
01-14-2013, 08:15 AM
There are two ways to look at this; one is from the point of view of reality and the other is "The Fairy Tale Factor".

From the Reality viewpoint, I think the Pats are clearly the best team in the mix and will likely win it all.

From the Fairy Tale point of view, two teams fit that category; the Ravens and SF.

The Ravens have "The Ray Lewis Story" (team identity, last season, yadda, yadda, yadda...) as well as the "Flacco Story" (Joe is determined to prove he's really an 'elite' QB, etc...) and SF has the " Kaepernick Story" (kid comes off the bench, guides the team to the playoffs and so on).

Both stories are good and if I was picking a winner based on the Fairy Tale aspect, I'd pick Baltimore.

But being a realist and seeing just how good New England is, I'm picking the Pats.

kan_t
01-14-2013, 08:40 AM
falcons and patriots

then falcons

anybody but the ravens or 49ers

Ditto. If I have to take the poison, I pick the Pats. Really can't stand the Ravens (Obvious) and the 49ers (#6 SB).

steeltheone
01-14-2013, 08:43 AM
Patriots.....Never the purple team!

steelfury02
01-14-2013, 09:22 AM
There's 2 factors that the Patriots have over the other 3 teams. Tom Brady and SB experience.

That will be the difference IMO. Tom Brady gets over the hump for his 4th SB ring.

No matter who wins though, its going to come from the AFC. I think the SB will be way too big for both the Falcons and the 49ers. Ryan just won his first playoff game. The Ravens are the next best team after the Patriots.

Atlanta Dan
01-14-2013, 09:25 AM

Could have/should have lost is the difference between the 2008/2010 Steelers and the 2012 Steelers - Falcons are now 14-3 - its not the BCS and style points do not count in the NFL

Nolan is an upgrade over Van Gorden (the players were tired of getting yelled at) and Koetter is an upgrade over Mularkey (who was too conservative and was going to get fired if Jax had not hired him as HC - we saw how well that worked out)

Would be interested on your take as to how the prior OC and DC were "much better" - that is not the view here in Atlanta

BrandonCarr39
01-14-2013, 09:43 AM
how do you delete posts?

Fire Haley
01-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Patriots.....Never the purple team!

I still want both to lose

Kind of funny, this same thread was up last year. Pats, Ravens

and it worked out perfect - that's why I want a repeat

Ravens lose first, to keep them out of the SB, especially don't want to see Flacco or Ed Reed in there

and the Pats lose in the SB, another stinging humilation we can cheer the rest of the year

SteelBlaze1
01-14-2013, 11:56 AM
I do NOT want to see the Patriots in the SB again. I really do not want to root for the Ratbirds, but I guess I will. I am "hoping" for the Falcons to win it all, but realistically, it will probably be the Patriots.

truesteelerfan
01-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Go Falcons - too many bad thoughts about the other teams for one reason or another and Atlanta has always been "just another team" as far as I'm concerned. Anything can happen.

LVSteelersfan
01-14-2013, 02:44 PM
Hate Ratbirds number 1. Hate Patsies number 2. I hope they kill each other and whoever wins can barely limp into the Super Bowl. The reality is that the Ratbirds are going to get creamed by New England. I don't think Ryan stands a chance against the 49ers defense. So it will probably be Patsies and 49ers. That is a really tough one because I hate the Patsies but I don't really want the 49ers to win their 6th. This season SUCKS.

Darkstorm05
01-14-2013, 03:01 PM
The best case scenario now is Falcons Vs Ravens in the SB, with a Falcon win. San Francisco would be at 6 SB wins, so I don't want them even sniffing the opportunity. The Patriots...well, do you really want to risk Brady going nuts out there and putting up 50+ points? That would give him 4 rings, and the "Bradshaw's 4 makes him better for sure" argument is lost to us.

On the other hand, if we need to hope for an AFC meltdown to keep our records secure, my hopes will be riding on Flacco. Plus it would be sweet for them to go all the way to the big dance, and have all this hype over their fantasy story, then send Murderin' Ray out with a huge loss. Karma at it's finest.

EbonySteel86
01-14-2013, 05:41 PM
There are two ways to look at this; one is from the point of view of reality and the other is "The Fairy Tale Factor".

From the Reality viewpoint, I think the Pats are clearly the best team in the mix and will likely win it all.

From the Fairy Tale point of view, two teams fit that category; the Ravens and SF.

The Ravens have "The Ray Lewis Story" (team identity, last season, yadda, yadda, yadda...) as well as the "Flacco Story" (Joe is determined to prove he's really an 'elite' QB, etc...) and SF has the " Kaepernick Story" (kid comes off the bench, guides the team to the playoffs and so on).

Both stories are good and if I was picking a winner based on the Fairy Tale aspect, I'd pick Baltimore.

But being a realist and seeing just how good New England is, I'm picking the Pats.
Don't forget Tony Gonzalaz is retiring after this year, so hopefully he'll be part of the Fairy Tale mix. Hate this season...smh:banging:

FrancoLambert
01-14-2013, 07:06 PM
1. Falcons
2. Patriots
3. Harbaugh West
4. Harbaugh East

Can't believe I'd root for the Patriots......anyone but a Harbaugh.
I think the league might be secretly pulling for a "Brothers Bowl."

ETL
01-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Pats vs Ravens - who to root for?

Would I rather suck Rosie O'Donnell's toes or squeeze pus from Rosanne Barr's butt boils?

PATS16N0
01-14-2013, 07:48 PM
Patriots

MACH1
01-14-2013, 07:49 PM
Patriots Suck

Fixed it

OakmontMan
01-14-2013, 08:27 PM
I might take some heat for saying this - but of the teams remaining, I'm rooting for Baltimore. They're a divisional rival that I love to hate - but I also respect them in a weird sense - definitely moreso than I do the Patriots. I have nothing against the 49ers, but they could threaten the Steelers current #1 SB victory count by tying them with a win. And I despise thinking of Brady holding onto yet another ring...when we're not even certain if (morally speaking) 1 or more of them should be there in the first place.

So yeah...the Ravens it is, champion of the AFC North. Go Ravens! (until next season, that is)

EDIT: Wow - I almost forgot the Atlanta won that game - I'll definitely root for that team, as well!

Agree with you. The birds can represent the AFC North. They have really turned it on the last few weeks. Can never root for Brady. Refs named two ***** rules after him. The tuck rule and the Brady rule (can't breathe on him after he throws the ball-see Terrell Suggs penalties). Not a fan of Flacco but he never cries for a flag. Just gets up moves on to the next play. Gotta respect that. With an improved line he is starting to move around more and looks like BB in his hay day more and more.

torpedoshell31
01-14-2013, 08:55 PM
1. Falcons
2. Patriots
3. Harbaugh West
4. Harbaugh East

Can't believe I'd root for the Patriots......anyone but a Harbaugh.
I think the league might be secretly pulling for a "Brothers Bowl."

Exactly, this is my list. also.

tony hipchest
01-14-2013, 11:14 PM
i have no reason to root against the dirty birds or tony gonz/matt ryan, plus its kinda cute when a franchise wins their first championship.

i would root for the bungles or browns over the ravens or patriots so NFC all the way!

teegre
01-14-2013, 11:17 PM
i have no reason to root against the dirty birds or tony gonz/matt ryan, plus its kinda cute when a franchise wins their first championship.

i would root for the bungles or browns over the ravens or patriots so NFC all the way!

^^The bolded portion.^^

Tony, you always have a way with words. :applaudit:

I am like-minded in this case: most of the time, I'd be rooting for the AFC... except for three teams: Taperiots, Ravens, & the Raidahs.

tony hipchest
01-14-2013, 11:22 PM
i hate to root for the 49ers. i was pulling for the AFC team in all 5 of their wins (even the bungs and especially the dolphins).

i dont want their franchise to tie the steelers, but they do have a bunch of good players who are hard to hate.

teegre
01-14-2013, 11:30 PM
i hate to root for the 49ers. i was pulling for the AFC team in all 5 of their wins (even the bungs and especially the dolphins).

i dont want their franchise to tie the steelers, but they do have a bunch of good players who are hard to hate.

I know that I'll get reamed for this, but I do not mind Jim Harbaugh. He coached locally (University of San Diego) and also at my second-favorite non-alum school (Stanford). So, I have followed him, and think he's a great coach.

His brother... well... I would not be "too" saddened if he was stabbed in a limo (allegedly).

tony hipchest
01-14-2013, 11:39 PM
lol... i always kinda like harbaugh as qb for the bears. liked him with the colts as well until he almost upset the steelers in '95. he's alright. i wish he had gone to the dolphins to be a thorn in the patriots side.

is brother is a major douche...

teegre
01-14-2013, 11:42 PM
lol... i always kinda like harbaugh as qb for the bears. liked him with the colts as well until he almost upset the steelers in '95. he's alright.

is brother is a major douche...

I agree completely.

"Captain Comeback" took down the mighty Chiefs.. . and I was rooting for him. Then... gulp... he almost took down the Steelers. When that ball was laying on the Colt receiver's stomach, I had the worst feeling. Luckily, a DB pushed it off (#29 right?).

Anyway, we are one the same wavelength in our thoughts.

tony hipchest
01-14-2013, 11:49 PM
"i thought he caught it!"

i take it back... he's a douche as well :laughing:

yeSkG9X7l4I&list=PLk_oUE03FmXLv4rhHMbvLEQ7IRGgS4uwk

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-15-2013, 12:03 AM
Tony Gonzalez, Mike Smith, Matt Ice.

GMU Steeler
01-15-2013, 12:18 AM
I know that I'll get reamed for this, but I do not mind Jim Harbaugh. He coached locally (University of San Diego) and also at my second-favorite non-alum school (Stanford). So, I have followed him, and think he's a great coach.

His brother... well... I would not be "too" saddened if he was stabbed in a limo (allegedly).

I think the only reason why I am rooting against the Niners at this point is the sixth SB. Jim doesn't seem to bother me eitehr but I agree John Harbaugh just comes off as a major league dick. I admit part of that is that he coaches a rival but there's something about that guy that I just don't like that I didn't have with Billick and don't have with some of their players.

SteelersCanada
01-15-2013, 12:23 AM
You guys don't have a problem with Jim Harbaugh?! But he's a Harbaugh for God sake!

At this point, I'm going for the Patriots. They're the lesser of all four evils to me.

wwhickok
01-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Falcons

stiller39
01-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Falcons are the only choice we have now....jus saying

Fire Haley
01-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Patriots

good choice

you came through for me last year by knocking them out - do it again

then it's your turn

pete74
01-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Like I said earlier, New England deserves another ring. I wanted Manning to get it but his coach and secondary ruined any chance of that. New England is consistently good and I wouldn't mind seeing Brady get a 4th ring. They make playoffs every year regardless of what players they cut

Terminator
01-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Ravens - FUCK and NO
49ers - I don't want them to tie the Steelers' record and I hate Jim Harbaugh
Patriots - would prefer to see them choke again but I wouldn't be disappointed if they won
Falcons - Meaningless team to me. If they win, good for them.

When Pittsburgh is out, the season is basically over for me.

steelfury02
01-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Ravens - FUCK and NO
Patriots - would prefer to see them choke again but I wouldn't be disappointed if they won

you seem angered today

pete74
01-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Ravens - FUCK and NO

I'm the opposite, I love football and will watch any game I can. Of courseiI would live to have the Steelers still in the playoffs but I'm not going to stop watching just because there not in.

teegre
01-16-2013, 02:18 PM
I'm the opposite, I love football and will watch any game I can. Of courseiI would live to have the Steelers still in the playoffs but I'm not going to stop watching just because there not in.

Once again, a post with which I agree 100%.

I love the Steelers... but, when they are out, it is a different type of watching. Not better, mind you... but, still a fun endeavor.

ebsteelers
01-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Falcons,

if not falcons

then i guess if the ravens win, it'll put a foot in the ass of tomlin and co to f*ckin start winnning, and stop watching from the sidelines.

FrancoLambert
01-16-2013, 04:22 PM
Once again, a post with which I agree 100%.

I love the Steelers... but, when they are out, it is a different type of watching. Not better, mind you... but, still a fun endeavor.

Not better but definitely less aggravating.
NFL playoff football is a great watch made even better when our team is alive.

teegre
01-16-2013, 05:09 PM
Not better but definitely less aggravating.
NFL playoff football is a great watch made even better when our team is alive.

Exactly.

There is no "stress/fear of elimination" when the Steelers aren't playing; it is a very easy & enjoyable watch. BUT, at the same time, without that "stress/fear" there is also not that ultimate "joy."

Thus, while there is not as many lows, there is a cap as to how excited I get for each game (not as many highs).

SoCalFan
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
fuck football

Go Penguins!!

The mighty Kings will repeat! "GO KINGS GO, GO KINGS GO" Repeat!

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Falcons cause they have 0 rings. And that means the other 3 left dont win.

Ravens cause they have 1 ring and they are our Little Brother, and always will be. Rivals beat each other in the playoffs, they never have beat us when it mattered. And its funny to think about they won it all but couldn't beat Charlie Batch. So sure, whatever, I hate them and their fans but whatever, at least they aren't the Cowboys or one of our real Rivals like the Broncos or Raiders or Patriots or any other multple time multiple appearance team, you know, Legendary Franchises, like the Packers or Dolphins or Giants or Colts.

Patriots, cause they have 3 rings that are tainted because they cheated, everyone knows they cheated, they were proven to have cheated and haven't won since they were forced to stop cheating. But even if they do get 4, well that only ties the Bradshaw Noll record. They are 3-3 in the game, we are 6-2, so if they are 4-3 we are still better.

49ers. No. Only we are allowed to have 6.

Dream Scenario is Falcons winning, cause it'll be hilarious to see the Ravens or Patriots lose the big game, but since I've seen the Pats lose three, and actually, pretty sure I rooted for them to beat the Packers cause I liked Curtis Martin, I'd enjoy seeing Ray Ray on the side line as the Falcons celebrated.

Nightmare Scenario, 49ers vs Patriots. I remember how freaking miffed I was when the 49ers won their 4th and tied us back in the day and how sad I felt when they got to 5 before us. At least the Cowboys had to play us to get to 5. EF YOU NEIL EF YOU! anyway I'd have to go for the Pats in that one I guess. Brady and Bill B may be big a-holes, but they are "our a-holes" not like that jackoff in San Fran who's teeth we knocked out of his skull in '96

I'm sure some of you may disagree.

SoCalFan
01-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Dream scenario Falcons are out! Dam, must I pull for the Pats, or worst the Rats!? FOCK!!!

desertsteel
01-20-2013, 05:53 PM
If it is Niners v. Pats, I have to go with the Niners even though that would give them 6. Point is, we don't need charity. If we want to be at the top of the heap with Lombardi's then we better go out and win number 7 and not expect others to lose.

AndyWitmyer
01-20-2013, 07:15 PM
For now: Go Baltimore!

If Baltimore loses...then...Go Patriots!

But really - to all teams involved (Ravens, Patriots, 49s) - Go F--- Yourselves!

:thumbsup:

GMU Steeler
01-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Niners at this point. Granted that would be easier if they weren't going for six and if they weren't Harbaugh coached but that's small potatoes compared with the Ravens and Pats IMO. And also fortunately, I think they match up well with both teams. Would have liked it if Atlanta had won tho. I like going for teams who haven't won before when the Steelers aren't in it.

NSMaster56
01-20-2013, 10:46 PM

:chuckle:

Not hard to dechipher which one of the four remaining I meant now, huh?

Penn
01-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Have to root for the Niners here. Im not all wrapped up in the six rings stuff, i just dont want our rivals to win it all