PDA

View Full Version : Why cut Hampton?

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
We run a 3-4, so we have two NT's. I can understand wanting to start McLendon, hell I'd pick him over Casey if we were running a 4-3, but why in god's name do you guys want a an unproven Ta'amu to start over the proven vet Hampton? Sure he's older, but he had a solid season once again. Thank you I want to keep him over McThug.

Also, if you want to cut Woodley/Keisel then you're just plain dumb.

Thanks have a nice day. :drink:

pittpete
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM
How do you cut a guy that isn't even signed?

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
How do you cut a guy that isn't even signed?

Exactly!!

As to the OP, its called the salary cap. Do you pay 10+ year veterans that have had 3 ACL surgeries to take up 2 gaps and get yourself in "salary cap hell"...or do you use younger guys with upside to spend that $$ on??

As much as I am a fan of Hampton, its very likely that he is not signed and the team goes forward with McLendon and Ta'amu. (Fangopu also)

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Exactly!!

As to the OP, its called the salary cap. Do you pay 10+ year veterans that have had 3 ACL surgeries to take up 2 gaps and get yourself in "salary cap hell"...or do you use younger guys with upside to spend that $$ on??

As much as I am a fan of Hampton, its very likely that he is not signed and the team goes forward with McLendon and Ta'amu. (Fangopu also)

Again, Ta'amu had guess how many snaps this season... 0.

I'd sign Hampton if he is willing to go low anyway. If not, plug Hood in at DT. No way in hell do I want Ta'amu at starting DT yet!

Fire Arians
01-07-2013, 04:17 PM
money

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 04:23 PM
money

We'll be fine with money. Been here before.

SteelersCanada
01-07-2013, 04:47 PM
I think it's easier than what you're making it out to be. The NT position has changed over the last few years and guys like McLendon can be big and athletic enough to generate pressure and still command double-teams. I think that's the most important part and in my opinion, he has outplayed Hampton every time he was on the field. He crashed and collapses offensive lines and on the flip side, Hampton has a few good snaps a game. He isn't worth the 2.5 million we'd pay him and he can take his services elsewhere.

I'd rather get a young Ta'amu snaps than an older Hampton that hasn't been generating constant pressure and/or double-teams for a couple years now.

LVSteelersfan
01-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Hampton is done. Always hurt and doesn't play as well as he used to. Teams were constantly running the ball straight up the middle right down our throats. That never happened with Casey in his prime and Smith. People saying Woodley and Keisel need to go are slightly delusional though. They are going nowhere.

finesward
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
You would be crazy to cut woodley, being as he is just soooooo productive! What only 2 mil a sack? What a steal!

steeltheone
01-07-2013, 05:15 PM
You would be crazy to cut woodley, being as he is just soooooo productive! What only 2 mil a sack? What a steal!

We can't cut Woodley and we all know it.

I would be glad to have Casey back Cheap.

Keisel is the issue with his cap hit. Heyward needs to start anyhow!

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
We can't cut Woodley and we all know it.

I would be glad to have Casey back Cheap.

Keisel is the issue with his cap hit. Heyward needs to start anyhow!

Heyward is starting... Keisel, Heyward, Hampton and McLendon would be my D Line.

No way we cut Keisel. I do think he should cut his salary though.

teegre
01-07-2013, 06:00 PM
The same things were being said about Porter before he was released... and, then they started James Harrison. Plus, sometimes, fiscally it makes more sense to move on.

Sign Keenan Lewis... or, bring back Casey the Hutt?

A: Keenan, Ike, & Cortez... and McClendon
B: Ike, Cortez, Curtis... and Casey.

Give me A.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Again, Ta'amu had guess how many snaps this season... 0.

I'd sign Hampton if he is willing to go low anyway. If not, plug Hood in at DT. No way in hell do I want Ta'amu at starting DT yet!

Are we changing to a 4-3 that I wasnt told of yet?? Hampton plays NT and Hood is not a NT.

Ta'amu was impressive in college in his junior and Senior years. Was selected as the eventual replacement for Hampton and I think he gets another year behind McLendon if the lynch mob on this forum doesnt get him first.

steelerchad
01-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Heyward is starting... Keisel, Heyward, Hampton and McLendon would be my D Line.

No way we cut Keisel. I do think he should cut his salary though.

Keisel will be 35 when the season starts. Probably about time to hang it up. If he takes a haircut, fine. If not, Heyward, McLendon, Hood.

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 06:23 PM
Keisel will be 35 when the season starts. Probably about time to hang it up. If he takes a haircut, fine. If not, Heyward, McLendon, Hood.

Keisel is still our RE. Heyward has earned the Left, but Hood is NOT Keisel. He will stay there for 2/3 more years.

teegre
01-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Keisel is still our RE. Heyward has earned the Left, but Hood is NOT Keisel. He will stay there for 2/3 more years.

Brother, let me say it as nicely as I can:

My dad was the same way about Hines Ward. My brother-in-law was the same way about The Bus. And, I was the same way about Greg Lloyd.

I get your sentiment, but after 34 year of age, players get old... quickly.

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 06:33 PM

My dad was the same way about Hines Ward. My brother-in-law was the same way about The Bus. And, I was the same way about Greg Lloyd.

I can tell you this, if Hood is better than Keisel even at his age, then Ziggy is a DAMN fine player. Hell, I'll burn my Keisel on video, a promise right now, if Hood can come in and do better than him this season.

Heyward is a successor to Keisel; Hood is not.

teegre
01-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Heyward is a successor to Keisel; Hood is not.

Exactly... and Heyward is ready.

Joey Porter was let go. Greg Lloyd was let go. Franco Harris was let go.

More importantly, Hines Ward was great one year... and then, nothing. Father Time is faster than all of us. It's just a matter of when.

harrison'samonster
01-07-2013, 06:38 PM

Hines is still the best ever! Shut your face!!!!:rant::rant::rant:

sorry.

teegre
01-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Hines is still the best ever! Shut your face!!!!:rant::rant::rant:

sorry.

Dad... is that you??? :wink02:

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Keisel still has it. Hampton still has it, but not to that extent; he will do fine elsewhere if we no longer require his services. Harrison still has it, but he had some boo-boo's. Troy still has it. Taylor still has it.

Beats me why our new excuse has gone from Haley to "We're old."

Take one look at the New York Knicks and find a better excuse. *Knicks still suck, go Heat!*

GMU Steeler
01-07-2013, 06:41 PM
Exactly... and Heyward is ready.

Joey Porter was let go. Greg Lloyd was let go. Franco Harris was let go.

More importantly, Hines Ward was great one year... and then, nothing. Father Time is faster than all of us. It's just a matter of when.

It's always sad when it happens. Bettis was the first Steeler I really remember paying attention to. We got him in 97 I believe. I had never really followed football much but he was just so fun to watch. Makes me feel old seeing all these rookies drafted younger than me. And I know one of the older posters will tell me about how it is when you're older than all of the players so I'll hush on that heh but it really is sad but in a way moving to see a player age especially if you get to see them in their best like the guys whom you mentioned.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Why cut Hampton?

Because too much money is tied up in a DT that has to "play his way back to game-shape" every season, and that only plays well during the last 4 weeks of every season.

He looked great the last few weeks, like he usually does, but that window of a few good games seems to be shrinking every year. Pretty soon they will be paying Casey for a full year's worth of playing and only getting two games worth of production.

McClendon is ready. Ta'amu? Don't know, but I think he should be in jail for what he did (nothing personal-- if I went on a drunken rampage through some downtown and tried to run multiple people over, including several cops, I would go to jail, and athletes should be held to the same).

harrison'samonster
01-07-2013, 06:47 PM
I definitely agree w/ what teegre is saying. As a person just watching the games, Keisel looks great, and Hampton and Harrison look like they got back into it by the end of the season. However, that's why ppl like me are not making decisions. I was sorry to see Farrior, Ward, and Bettis go. Oh well, they were a blast to watch while they were here.

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 06:53 PM
I definitely agree w/ what teegre is saying. As a person just watching the games, Keisel looks great, and Hampton and Harrison look like they got back into it by the end of the season. However, that's why ppl like me are not making decisions. I was sorry to see Farrior, Ward, and Bettis go. Oh well, they were a blast to watch while they were here.

Sure they will play better at the end, most players do. If Harrison wasn't hurt we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Seems to me like you guys want a "automatically cut once X Player reaches the age of 32" rule. Some of our best players are over 30, but noooooo we should put in Ta'amu the Unproven Crook in instead.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Sure they will play better at the end, most players do. If Harrison wasn't hurt we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Seems to me like you guys want a "automatically cut once X Player reaches the age of 32" rule. Some of our best players are over 30, but noooooo we should put in Ta'amu the Unproven Crook in instead.

As long as he is ready to contribute in more than 5 games, which is all we get out of Hampton anymore.

It took him until midseason for his knee to completely recover (or at least to the point where a 375-lb man is no longer on ice-skates every play), and then a couple more weeks to get up to speed.

Not worth it to pay veteran premiums for 16 weeks when you only get 5 weeks of honest productivity.

teegre
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Keisel still has it. Hampton still has it, but not to that extent; he will do fine elsewhere if we no longer require his services. Harrison still has it, but he had some boo-boo's. Troy still has it. Taylor still has it.

Beats me why our new excuse has gone from Haley to "We're old."

Take one look at the New York Knicks and find a better excuse. *Knicks still suck, go Heat!*

Excuses??? Huh??? I don't see what excuse you are referring to. You lost me. We were discussing Hampton being let go, because he is at "that" point & has two players waiting to start behind him. Then, the thread moved to Keisel... who is also nearing that point.... and has Heyward behind him. And then... you talk about excuses and Harrison, Troy, & Ike.

Again, that non-sequitor lost me.

Casey does not have it. Keisel still has it. Harrison still has it. Troy still has it. And, Ike still has it.

BUT, there are players behind Hampton & Keisel. Furthermore, Ike is only 32 &Troy is only 31... and there is a big difference between 34 & 32. Harrison is still a monster, but he could be a cap casualty, as well... but, with that said, I think he comes back, because there is little behind him (besides an injury-prione Worilds & a blase Carter).

THINK OF IT THIS WAY:
In 2005, Kimo von Oelhoffen was much like The Beard: dearly loved, and a great player. BUT, he was let go... Now, can you tell me why?

A: Because, Brett Keisel was waiting in the wings, and was ready to start.

Millers the sh!t
01-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Can't we release the big fella then when he gets no offers or takers from other teams, sign him with a vet minimum?

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Excuses??? Huh??? I don't see what excuse you are referring to. You lost me. We were discussing Hampton being let go, because he is at "that" point & has two players waiting to start behind him. Then, the thread moved to Keisel... who is also nearing that point.... and has Heyward behind him. And then... you talk about excuses and Harrison, Troy, & Ike.

Again, that non-sequitor lost me.

Casey does not have it. Keisel still has it. Harrison still has it. Troy still has it. And, Ike still has it.

BUT, there are players behind Hampton & Keisel. Furthermore, Ike is only 32 &Troy is only 31... and there is a big difference between 34 & 32. Harrison is still a monster, but he could be a cap casualty, as well... but, with that said, I think he comes back, because there is little behind him (besides an injury-prione Worilds & a blase Carter).

THINK OF IT THIS WAY:
In 2005, Kimo von Oelhoffen was much like The Beard: dearly loved, and a great player. BUT, he was let go... Now, can you tell me why?

Well atleast you realize Keisel, Harrison, Ike and Troy are still our best options. Hampton may not be worth it, but that's why we should have someone better than Ta'amu to step up. If we were in a 4-3, I'd hug the gut goodbye and stick with McClendon; BUT TA'AMU CAN'T TAKE HAMPTON'S SPOT YET!!

lloydwoodson
01-07-2013, 07:34 PM
THINK OF IT THIS WAY:

This is a very good point.

Heyward is very much further along in his development than Keisel.

I want Keisel back but it is a difficult decision because Heyward makes him completely expendable.

Heyward is the best player on the defensive line. (I love how people are calling him a bust already).

The_Joker
01-07-2013, 07:35 PM
This is a very good point.

Heyward is very much further along in his development than Keisel.

I want Keisel back but it is a difficult decision because Heyward makes him completely expendable.

Heyward is the best player on the defensive line. (I love how people are calling him a bust already).

THERE'S TWO ENDS. KEISEL PLAYS RIGHT AND HEYWARD LEFT.

lloydwoodson
01-07-2013, 07:40 PM
THERE'S TWO ENDS. KEISEL PLAYS RIGHT AND HEYWARD LEFT.

Heyward could play LE but let's not forget that Hood is an absolute beast and probably the hardest worker on the team. They should all play 1/3 of the snaps and stay fresh. Heyward playing both sides so Hood and Keisel don't have to move.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Can't we release the big fella then when he gets no offers or takers from other teams, sign him with a vet minimum?

His contract is up I think, so no "release". They will let him go and some bottom dwelling team will pick him up and overpay him, so he likely will not come back.

kan_t
01-07-2013, 09:36 PM
We'll be fine with money. Been here before.
Been here before by letting Ward, Farrior go and forcing Hampton to have a big pay cut. This time they likely will be fine with money by letting Harrison and Hampton go and forcing Keisel to have a big pay cut.

austinfrench76
01-07-2013, 10:45 PM
Money AND McLendon is better.

steeltheone
01-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Well atleast you realize Keisel, Harrison, Ike and Troy are still our best options. Hampton may not be worth it, but that's why we should have someone better than Ta'amu to step up. If we were in a 4-3, I'd hug the gut goodbye and stick with McClendon; BUT TA'AMU CAN'T TAKE HAMPTON'S SPOT YET!!

So you believe Keisel is worth 4x worth Heyward? C'mon

Steeldude
01-08-2013, 04:23 AM
We run a 3-4, so we have two NT's. I can understand wanting to start McLendon, hell I'd pick him over Casey if we were running a 4-3, but why in god's name do you guys want a an unproven Ta'amu to start over the proven vet Hampton? Sure he's older, but he had a solid season once again. Thank you I want to keep him over McThug.

Also, if you want to cut Woodley/Keisel then you're just plain dumb.

Thanks have a nice day. :drink:

Woodley is overrated and overpaid. Kiesel is done and has been for the last couple of seasons. Unfortunately, they cannot cut Woodely and his absurd contract.

You only need to NTs. Mclendon to start and play most downs. Ta`amu would play the backup roll. Hampton is little more than a fat person at this point in his career. Hampton did not have a solid season. A few highlights mentioned by TV announcers does not equate to a solid season. You have to cut money somewhere. Why not cut the old, done and overpaid?

The_Joker
01-08-2013, 04:35 AM
Heyward could play LE but let's not forget that Hood is an absolute beast and probably the hardest worker on the team. They should all play 1/3 of the snaps and stay fresh. Heyward playing both sides so Hood and Keisel don't have to move.

That's just not true. Heyward is not even a beast... yet. Hood is not nor likely ever will be.

Woodley is overrated and overpaid. Kiesel is done and has been for the last couple of seasons. Unfortunately, they cannot cut Woodely and his absurd contract.

:banging:

Woodley is our best LB when he isn't being a bum. And if Keisel is washed up then all our DE's must be garbage.

FrancoLambert
01-08-2013, 05:39 AM
Why cut Hampton?

He's too old.
He can't run.
He's too slow.
He's too heavy.
His presence impedes the development of younger D-linemen.

All we heard last preseason was how McClendon was going to surprise everyone at NT.
He never got the chance.

harrison'samonster
01-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Woodley is our best LB when he isn't being a bum.

no body is ever going to convince me that Woodley is our best LB. he's better than Foote, but not this year.

steelfury02
01-08-2013, 08:08 AM
no body is ever going to convince me that Woodley is our best LB. he's better than Foote, but not this year.

I'm not convinced anymore of Woodley - as a fan, he needs to show me a lot more pressure than what he's generating

i don't want to here any more coverage assignment bull - I've seen enough of where he was supposed to apply pressure and has gotten absolutely no push - he seems extremely slow and weak in comparison to what he has done in the past

He also needs to work on something on than just trying to rush in a straight line or go around - it doesn't work

A coach being that outspoken about his conditioning habits says a lot

maddog78
01-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Well, he's not under contract, so we can't cut him.

But he's also not good enough to bring back. He rarely commands double teams anymore and loses his feet too much.

He's done, in other words.

Rotorhead
01-08-2013, 10:36 AM
You all do recall Hamp was recovering from an ACL injury most of the season right? Just like Harrison was recovering from a knee injury. It is possible they both were finally healthy the last few games and it had nothing to do with "playing back into game shape". I am not saying keep or cut anyone, just bringing up a valid point which seems to be missed in this thread.

The_Joker
01-08-2013, 10:44 AM
You all do recall Hamp was recovering from an ACL injury most of the season right? Just like Harrison was recovering from a knee injury. It is possible they both were finally healthy the last few games and it had nothing to do with "playing back into game shape". I am not saying keep or cut anyone, just bringing up a valid point which seems to be missed in this thread.

Thanks for giving the "Pro-Veteran" camp more fuel :drink:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM

Its a good point. I just think we have to choose to spend wisely on the players we have on the roster and I think we have more younger guys waiting to clog up the middle of the field at NT....than we have guys at OLB prepared to pressure the QB.

I'd let Hampton go and focus on restructuring Harrison and extending contracts to Lewis, Ramon Foster and Dwyer.

maddog78
01-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Its a good point. I just think we have to choose to spend wisely on the players we have on the roster and I think we have more younger guys waiting to clog up the middle of the field at NT....than we have guys at OLB prepared to pressure the QB.

I'd let Hampton go and focus on restructuring Harrison and extending contracts to Lewis, Ramon Foster and Dwyer.

Yeah, if this team lets Lewis and Wallace walk for Keisel, Hampton, Foote, etc., it's setting up for a long stretch of bad seasons. These guys are on their last legs and declining, Lewis and Wallace are in the primes, primes that will hopefully not be spent on AFC competitors to the Steelers.

The_Joker
01-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah, if this team lets Lewis and Wallace walk for Keisel, Hampton, Foote, etc., it's setting up for a long stretch of bad seasons. These guys are on their last legs and declining, Lewis and Wallace are in the primes, primes that will hopefully not be spent on AFC competitors to the Steelers.

Keisel is still under contract. Keep Lewis at all costs, and Wallace if the money is right. But we also need to restructure our vets, NOT get rid of them all.

WVABE
01-08-2013, 11:21 AM
It all boils down to two words, "NO PRESSURE".
We aint getting no pressure on their QB's, so its time to fix that problem.
They've fattened their bank accounts and bellies, so its time for some new faces.
I get hooked on seeing the same faces in the line-up and hate it when one has been released, but I get over it and the seasons keep on coming when they are gone.

Steeler7BR
01-08-2013, 11:39 AM
It all boils down to two words, "NO PRESSURE".
We aint getting no pressure on their QB's, so its time to fix that problem.
They've fattened their bank accounts and bellies, so its time for some new faces.
I get hooked on seeing the same faces in the line-up and hate it when one has been released, but I get over it and the seasons keep on coming when they are gone.

Just happy you ain't our GM. We have one not that good year pressure waise and you will overwhole our whole team and "fix" everything with new faces. Their goes our identity. I agree we can't leave everything the way it is but because of age. When I think of next season having a healthy James Harrison und Lamarr Woodley the pressure problem is solved. Till they prove me wrong and they didn't disappoint me a lot since they're here. We should look at the future and draft somebody at OLB but as far as I concern we have a very good team going into next year. That can create pressure!!!

sloppyjoe
01-08-2013, 02:30 PM
hampton hasnt earnede his paycheck the last 3 years.

The_Joker
01-08-2013, 02:46 PM
hampton hasnt earnede his paycheck the last 3 years.

I can't take your post seriously with this kind of spelling.

Also, a 35 year old with an ACL injury played fine considering his situation.

teegre
01-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Just happy you ain't our GM. We have one not that good year pressure waise and you will overwhole our whole team and "fix" everything with new faces. Their goes our identity. I agree we can't leave everything the way it is but because of age. When I think of next season having a healthy James Harrison und Lamarr Woodley the pressure problem is solved. Till they prove me wrong and they didn't disappoint me a lot since they're here. We should look at the future and draft somebody at OLB but as far as I concern we have a very good team going into next year. That can create pressure!!!

I disagree (about the pressure).

There were times when the opposing QB had 5-7 seconds to throw. I remember the days of Joey Porter getting to the QB in 1.5 seconds. I remember the days of the Greg Lloyd strip-sack. I remember when Harrison was healthy & Woodley was under 320 pounds. Those were days when there was pressure.

Last year, Harrison was not "Harrison" until the second half (because his knee was all jacked up). When he returned to form, he alone was creating the pressure; Woodley could not do anything. Occassionally, Timmons would create some pressure, but he mostly was out covering TEs & RBs.

Yes, Harrison looks like he has some gas left in the tank. But, aside from him (& the occassional sack by Timmons), there was little-to-no pressure.

I can count on one hand the number of times that the DL batted a pass... or got a sack... or was even in the backfield.

A healhty Harrison forces the offense to roll protection towards Harrison, which frees up the rest of the defense ot pressure the QB. And, again, that was not happening until the second half of the season. Furthermore, even when teams would double Harrison, Woodley did NOTHING.

Harrison has about one more year left in him. An OLB definitely needs to be drafted early... otherwise, expect more seasons like this past one: lacking in pressure.

The_Joker
01-08-2013, 03:00 PM
I disagree (about the pressure).

There were times when the opposing QB had 5-7 seconds to throw. I remember the days of Joey Porter getting to the QB in 1.5 seconds. I remember the days of the Greg Lloyd strip-sack. I remember when Harrison was healthy & Woodley was under 320 pounds. Those were days when there was pressure.

Last year, Harrison was not "Harrison" until the second half (because his knee was all jacked up). When he returned to form, he alone was creating the pressure; Woodley could not do anything. Occassionally, Timmons would create some pressure, but he mostly was out covering TEs & RBs.

Yes, Harrison looks like he has some gas left in the tank. But, aside from him (& the occassional sack by Timmons), there was little-to-no pressure.

I can count on one hand the number of times that the DL batted a pass... or got a sack... or was even in the backfield.

A healhty Harrison forces the offense to roll protection towards Harrison, which frees up the rest of the defense ot pressure the QB. And, again, that was not happening until the second half of the season. Furthermore, even when teams would double Harrison, Woodley did NOTHING.

Harrison has about one more year left in him. An OLB definitely needs to be drafted early... otherwise, expect more seasons like this past one: lacking in pressure.

We need to develop a Harrison 2.0 with our 1st round pick. When Harrison goes, we got Mr.Rookie. I think Harrison has 2 years left barring one of "those" injuries.

teegre
01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
We need to develop a Harrison 2.0 with our 1st round pick. When Harrison goes, we got Mr.Rookie. I think Harrison has 2 years left barring one of "those" injuries.

Exactly.

Exit Greg Lloyd, enter Jason Gildon.
Exit Jason Gildon, enter Joey Porter.
Exit Joey Porter, enter James Harrison.
Exit James Harrison, enter Barkeveous Mingo.

I think Harrison has one "good" season left in him, and at the end of that season, he will hoist the Lombardi & decalre, "I'm retiring."

sloppyjoe
01-08-2013, 04:36 PM
I can't take your post seriously with this kind of spelling.

Also, a 35 year old with an ACL injury played fine considering his situation.

wow, i accidentally hit an e. not quite a spelling error.

not quite as bad as some fool who thinks hampton shouldnt be cut........the same hampton that isnt even cuttable because he isnt under contract. talk about not being able to take someone serious.

you know what? we shouldnt cut peyton manning either, or patrick willis or adrian peterson....lol

whatcha think?

The_Joker
01-08-2013, 04:55 PM
wow, i accidentally hit an e. not quite a spelling error.

not quite as bad as some fool who thinks hampton shouldnt be cut........the same hampton that isnt even cuttable because he isnt under contract. talk about not being able to take someone serious.

you know what? we shouldnt cut peyton manning either, or patrick willis or adrian peterson....lol

whatcha think?

I dunno, Peyton Manning is over 32, he's old and washed up.

:coffee:

I have faith in only a handful of the "Young Money" crew; Brown, Lewis/C.Allen, DeCastro and Heyward.

teegre
01-08-2013, 05:44 PM
I have faith in only a handful of the "Young Money" crew; Brown, Lewis/C.Allen, DeCastro and Heyward.

FYI: The Young Money Crew is comprised of the three receivers:
Wallace, AB, & Sanders.

Steeler7BR
01-08-2013, 05:51 PM
I think Harrison has one "good" season left in him, and at the end of that season, he will hoist the Lombardi & decalre, "I'm retiring."

Dream like scenario right their.

StainlessStill
01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
It's time. It's time to start the young guys. PERIOD. It's fucking time.

maddog78
01-08-2013, 10:26 PM
I dunno, Peyton Manning is over 32, he's old and washed up.

Did any Steeler that age or older play close to Manning's level this year?

Sorry, it's a business, not a family. Tough decisions have to be made if the Steelers want to build a championship team going forward.

Starks, Lewis, and Wallace should be priorities going forward. Cowher's 10-13 year vets should be 2nd priority.

maddog78
01-08-2013, 10:26 PM
It's time. It's time to start the young guys. PERIOD. It's fucking time.

Exactly. We went 8-8 with the old guys this year. They're not getting better. Find out what we have in the young guys in 2013 and work from there going forward.

sloppyjoe
01-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Did any Steeler that age or older play close to Manning's level this year?

Sorry, it's a business, not a family. Tough decisions have to be made if the Steelers want to build a championship team going forward.

Starks, Lewis, and Wallace should be priorities going forward. Cowher's 10-13 year vets should be 2nd priority.

wallass was a priority last season. he doesnt want to be part of this team.