PDA

View Full Version : pittsburgh history(you guys weren't always great)

bengalsfan21
06-17-2005, 08:41 PM
this is up until 2003

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/pitt/steelers.html

bengalsfan21
06-17-2005, 08:46 PM
as promised here is Cincinnatis

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/cincy/bengals.html

clevestinks
06-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Never claimed that we were always great. No team can make that claim!

BlitzburghRockCity
06-18-2005, 01:30 AM
Ya gotta start somewhere..but the difference is, we made ourselves great, while your team continuously goes nowhere fast..

RoethlisBURGHer
06-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I know we weren't always great.For a long time we sucked,we were the underbelly of the NFL.

But we made ourselves great/good/excellent whatever you wanna call us (the 70's dynasty was great).In the Bungles best time,they didn't win a Super Bowl.In the Steelers best time,they won 4.

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 12:14 PM
I know we weren't always great.For a long time we sucked,we were the underbelly of the NFL.

But we made ourselves great/good/excellent whatever you wanna call us (the 70's dynasty was great).In the Bungles best time,they didn't win a Super Bowl.In the Steelers best time,they won 4.

It took you guys 40 something years to do anything great, the bengals franchise isn't even 40 years old yet. With the current coaching situation i'd like to think this is now going to be our best time.

bigbensgirl7
06-18-2005, 12:35 PM
I really don't understand what point you are trying to make here! Again, not making much sense here. Not one of us has ever said we have ALWAYS been great...every team has hit a rock in the road. We're not denying that. Why put the Bengals up there though???? What was the point in that (are you saying you have a better history? what?) I am confused here. Because from my quick glance...I saw 2 SB appearances and 0 rings for you guys. Best seasons 12-4 (twice) in the past 4 years we have finished higher than that TWICE 13-3 and 15-1. I just don't get what you are saying here...I don't think you are going to get much reaction from this thread, because all you have done is state the obvious, but thanks anyways!

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 12:54 PM
I really don't understand what point you are trying to make here! Again, not making much sense here. Not one of us has ever said we have ALWAYS been great...every team has hit a rock in the road. We're not denying that. Why put the Bengals up there though???? What was the point in that (are you saying you have a better history? what?) I am confused here. Because from my quick glance...I saw 2 SB appearances and 0 rings for you guys. Best seasons 12-4 (twice) in the past 4 years we have finished higher than that TWICE 13-3 and 15-1. I just don't get what you are saying here...I don't think you are going to get much reaction from this thread, because all you have done is state the obvious, but thanks anyways!

as stated above it took your team 40 something years to do anything worth being proud of and the bengals are not even in thier 40th year. So my point was if it took you that long why is it so hard to beleive that while we approach our 40th year as a franchise we can't do anything great.

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 12:55 PM

and just for the record if you played the 49ers of that time you wouldn't have won a ring. Montana was just amazing.

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I just want to know why I have only had 2 steeler fans debate with me and one of them is a woman which is very rare, over on cincybengals everyone would have put thier 2 cents in only 1/4 know what they are talking about but they still would have debated.

bigbensgirl7
06-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Alright, 1st...I didn't see your post with the point...I am at work trying to do a million things and so it takes me longer to get my posts out there. Ok...first off, don't under estimate me becasue I am a female. My dad always said he got the best of both worlds...a girlie girl that when it comes to football can make a complete 360 and if needed turn into a fiesty little bitch. My dad raised me to know the game, to love the Steelers, and if I am going to debate with someone-to back up what I am saying with facts! I love debating football, and always will! The reason I get so into Bengals debates...is it hits closer to home for me. I live in a city that is surrrounded by fair whether Bengal fans; for the past 2 years...I have got into fights with my x over the Bengals and Steelers (one of the reasons he is my X-he was just plain stupid about it). Most Steeler fans don't know how the Bengal fans really act and for a team that's best 2 seasons since 1990...your fans talk more shit than anyone in the NFL. (and just to clearify...I'm not saying all Bengal fans...but a good 80% of them).

Oh yah...and for the record our last title was in the 79 season when Montana was a rookie and they finished with a 2-14 record. Don't think they had any chance of being there vs. us. If you meant that the Steelers of the 70s would have lost to the 49ers of the 80s...maybe, but we will never know (and all we have to go on is the "Match-up of the Millenium" which the steelers won!!!) But really it is just a matter of opinion and we obviously have different ones!

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 01:47 PM
Alright, 1st...I didn't see your post with the point...I am at work trying to do a million things and so it takes me longer to get my posts out there. Ok...first off, don't under estimate me becasue I am a female. My dad always said he got the best of both worlds...a girlie girl that when it comes to football can make a complete 360 and if needed turn into a fiesty little bitch. My dad raised me to know the game, to love the Steelers, and if I am going to debate with someone-to back up what I am saying with facts! I love debating football, and always will! The reason I get so into Bengals debates...is it hits closer to home for me. I live in a city that is surrrounded by fair whether Bengal fans; for the past 2 years...I have got into fights with my x over the Bengals and Steelers (one of the reasons he is my X-he was just plain stupid about it). Most Steeler fans don't know how the Bengal fans really act and for a team that's best 2 seasons since 1990...your fans talk more shit than anyone in the NFL. (and just to clearify...I'm not saying all Bengal fans...but a good 80% of them).

Oh yah...and for the record our last title was in the 79 season when Montana was a rookie and they finished with a 2-14 record. Don't think they had any chance of being there vs. us. If you meant that the Steelers of the 70s would have lost to the 49ers of the 80s...maybe, but we will never know (and all we have to go on is the "Match-up of the Millenium" which the steelers won!!!) But really it is just a matter of opinion and we obviously have different ones!

I was not underestimating you bc your a female, I think it is great I am one of those guys who love it when woman enjoy football, as far as the talkin shit thing I agree with you but thats any team, Hell the browns fans are talking crap.
If I lived in a city other then Cincinnati I would go crazy trying to live as a Bengals fan, and yes I was refering to the 70's steelers and the 80's 49ers.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Know this.. the Steelers dynasty of the 70's is regarded as the Best teams in the history of the league. And no thats not just me talking. When you analyze the players, the games, the competition, the coaching, everything ( and yes there has been studies done on it). There's nobody that could compete with us. Hell I'd be nervous about putting the team we have today up against the Steel Curtain!

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 01:54 PM
Know this.. the Steelers dynasty of the 70's is regarded as the Best teams in the history of the league. And no thats not just me talking. When you analyze the players, the games, the competition, the coaching, everything ( and yes there has been studies done on it). There's nobody that could compete with us. Hell I'd be nervous about putting the team we have today up against the Steel Curtain!

I agree I have watched the clips on espn classic they were awesome, I won't and can't deny that.

bigbensgirl7
06-18-2005, 02:06 PM
:I was not underestimating you bc your a female, I think it is great I am one of those guys who love it when woman enjoy football, as far as the talkin shit thing I agree with you but thats any team, Hell the browns fans are talking crap.
If I lived in a city other then Cincinnati I would go crazy trying to live as a Bengals fan, and yes I was refering to the 70's steelers and the 80's 49ers.
Ok, well thank you for clearing all of that up for me!!! :) and yes...I can agree that all teams have fans that talk crap...esp. the Stains...but since I live near Cincy, I hear it more from your fans than anyone else (the Browns fans that I know...seem to be laying low right now)! Not to mention I go to the see the Steelers in Cincy every year...and WOW, every time I end up standing next tto the biggest idiots in the entire place. So that may have some bearing as to why I feel the way I do about most Bengal fans! But to be fair...I have met some wonderful Bengal fans that have every right to be happy and excited about their teams progress the past couple of year!

LambertIsGod58
06-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Cinci's only claim to fame is the "Ickey Shuffle"...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. Bengals have never been great. Please from now on, will you Bengal fans have a point or at least sound somewhat intelligent saying it?

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 02:19 PM
:
Ok, well thank you for clearing all of that up for me!!! :) and yes...I can agree that all teams have fans that talk crap...esp. the Stains...but since I live near Cincy, I hear it more from your fans than anyone else (the Browns fans that I know...seem to be laying low right now)! Not to mention I go to the see the Steelers in Cincy every year...and WOW, every time I end up standing next tto the biggest idiots in the entire place. So that may have some bearing as to why I feel the way I do about most Bengal fans! But to be fair...I have met some wonderful Bengal fans that have every right to be happy and excited about their teams progress the past couple of year!

No problem..... Well you gotta think when you come here your coming to a "rival" game and ppl get out of hand, I personally am too drunk by the time the games start to do anything except cheer and scream with everyone else.

hardwork
06-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Hang in there Bengals fan, you're dead on. These Steeler people think their the cats a__ just because they won for a few years 30 years ago. They have been telling me how bad the Patriots have been over the years ever since I got in here. The Steelers were no better most of the time.

Further more, it aint that hard to keep a team going when you can pay your players any amount you want. They couldn't have kept that team together the way it is now. But the Steelers will be living on past glories for the rest of their teams history. Twenty years fron now the only thing they'll have to talk about was those great teams in the 70s. Where as we'll be talking about how the Patriots won 6 of the first 10 super bowls in the 21st century.

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Cinci's only claim to fame is the "Ickey Shuffle"...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. Bengals have never been great. Please from now on, will you Bengal fans have a point or at least sound somewhat intelligent saying it?

This thread was just starting to become cival and you had to go mess it up, now I am going to have to say something I might regret. Your just mad you didn't have the Ickey Shuffle.

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Hang in there Bengals fan, you're dead on. These Steeler people think their the cats a__ just because they won for a few years 30 years ago. They have been telling me how bad the Patriots have been over the years ever since I got in here. The Steelers were no better most of the time.

Further more, it aint that hard to keep a team going when you can pay your players any amount you want. They couldn't have kept that team together the way it is now. But the Steelers will be living on past glories for the rest of their teams history. Twenty years fron now the only thing they'll have to talk about was those great teams in the 70s. Where as we'll be talking about how the Patriots won 6 of the first 10 super bowls in the 21st century.

Now you knoe the patriots are going to start falling apart, they have lost so much over the off season, and every "dynasty" (i hate calling them that) falls apart.

bigbensgirl7
06-18-2005, 02:32 PM
But the Steelers will be living on past glories for the rest of their teams history. Twenty years fron now the only thing they'll have to talk about was those great teams in the 70s. Where as we'll be talking about how the Patriots won 6 of the first 10 super bowls in the 21st century.

ok, let me know when you wake up from that dream world you are living in!!! :blah: :blah: :blah:

LambertIsGod58
06-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Every time one of you Cinci fans are asked what it is your organization has achieved, you don't have anything to say. You got your asses crushed by SF in one of the worst SB losses in history. If you are gonna bash another organization you should be sure that it's one not better than your own. And just for the record, if all of our glory was 30yrs ago, you are choosing to forget several AFC Championship games and a SB since 1995. It's obvious you have nothing to celebrate in the Bengals entire miserable exitence so now you need to try and bash the Steelers. It has become obvious that your threads are nothing more than a defense mechanism. Face it, your franchise will forever suffer in mediocrity. It's a fact.......

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Every time one of you Cinci fans are asked what it is your organization has achieved, you don't have anything to say. You got your asses crushed by SF in one of the worst SB losses in history. If you are gonna bash another organization you should be sure that it's one not better than your own. And just for the record, if all of our glory was 30yrs ago, you are choosing to forget several AFC Championship games and a SB since 1995. It's obvious you have nothing to celebrate in the Bengals entire miserable exitence so now you need to try and bash the Steelers. It has become obvious that your threads are nothing more than a defense mechanism. Face it, your franchise will forever suffer in mediocrity. It's a fact.......

I don't recall bashing the steelers all I said was Ben didn't do it himself, and you just keep living in your past and sb since 95 bc it won't happen again.

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 02:37 PM
sorry bigbensgirl7 he is going to get me talking trash again after you stopped it.

LambertIsGod58
06-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Truth hurts sometimes, huh BengalsFan21

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Truth hurts sometimes, huh BengalsFan21

Like I have always said we can keep living on last season or we can move to this season and wait to see what happens. Even if the Bengals had 10 winning seasons in a row you would call it luck.

LambertIsGod58
06-18-2005, 02:45 PM
If we are gonna wait for this season, then what's with all the trash talk? If you give it, you better be able to take it.

bigbensgirl7
06-18-2005, 02:47 PM
sorry bigbensgirl7 he is going to get me talking trash again after you stopped it.
Hey it's the Blast Furnace, that's what its all about...do what you need to do! Don't let me stop you! :D WE can handle it, but we will dish it out too! :boxing: lol

bengalsfan21
06-18-2005, 02:48 PM
If we are gonna wait for this season, then what's with all the trash talk? If you give it, you better be able to take it.

I can take it, but what trash talk have I done since my 2nd post the "steelers sucks" one

clevestinks
06-18-2005, 05:35 PM
I just want to know why I have only had 2 steeler fans debate with me and one of them is a woman which is very rare, over on cincybengals everyone would have put thier 2 cents in only 1/4 know what they are talking about but they still would have debated.
It Sat afternoon, most Steelers fans have lives to.

Volpe1564
06-24-2005, 05:30 AM
as stated above it took your team 40 something years to do anything worth being proud of and the bengals are not even in thier 40th year. So my point was if it took you that long why is it so hard to beleive that while we approach our 40th year as a franchise we can't do anything great.

dude...you vote for john kerry?? you sure sound like him :blah: :rolleyes:

bengalsfan21
06-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Wow this thread is coming back to haunt me......and No sir I voted Bush

LambertIsGod58
06-24-2005, 12:21 PM
John Kerry, LOL....I'm glad we all agree on something. I read the book "Unfit for Command" which was about Kerry's time in the US Armed Forces. His fraudulent medals and his anti-war bullshit. I can't believe he even won the Democratic Nomination.

bengalsfan21
06-24-2005, 01:13 PM
John Kerry, LOL....I'm glad we all agree on something. I read the book "Unfit for Command" which was about Kerry's time in the US Armed Forces. His fraudulent medals and his anti-war bullshit. I can't believe he even won the Democratic Nomination.

Yea he's a sorry mother.......shut yo mouth.... :D

Volpe1564
06-24-2005, 01:17 PM
this ain't your daddy's Demoractic party anymore.......

BDDFC
06-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Lambert, you just made a friend in me. :cheers:

clevestinks
06-24-2005, 07:16 PM
Lambert, you just made a friend in me. :cheers:
AAHHH now isn`t that sweet. The Blast Furnace just won`t be the same. Wait till Sept. though.

BDDFC
06-24-2005, 07:18 PM
AAHHH now isn`t that sweet. The Blast Furnace just won`t be the same. Wait till Sept. though.
He'll still be my friend. I'll just give him the business for a week. Two if we win. :)