PDA

View Full Version : Colts O-Line coaches whining.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-16-2006, 01:40 AM
PA-LEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - How can Dungy have so much class and his assistance be so class-ass. Maybe someone ought to give Mudd Holmgren's phone # so they can moan and groan together. I'm getting real sick of this crap....:yawn:

Colts assistant: 'Let's go play again'

Subscribe
By Mike Prisuta
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The war of words between the Steelers and Colts has resumed, and this time it's the Colts who have fired the opening salvo.

"I'm very respectful of the Pittsburgh Steelers," Indianapolis offensive line coach Howard Mudd said in Tuesday's editions of The Indianapolis Star. "They won. They are the champions, and I respect them. But the Pittsburgh Steelers did not beat the Colts. The Colts beat the Colts.

"Let's go play again. Right now."

Mudd's comments were published seven months to the day after the Steelers beat the Colts, 21-18, in an AFC divisional playoff game in Indianapolis.

The Colts surrendered five sacks in the loss, which tied the career-high in quarterback Peyton Manning's 137-game NFL tenure, after allowing a league-low 20 during the regular season.

Mudd blamed his offensive line.

"We stunk the joint up," Mudd told the Star. "We were awful.

"I cannot explain it. It defies reason. You can take three years' worth of bad games and put them together and that's about what we performed like, except we did it all in one game."

Steelers linebacker Joey Porter, who stirred the pot in advance of last January's Colts-Steelers rematch by insisting Indianapolis was a finesse team and that the Steelers were the more physical of the two, bolted the practice field at St. Vincent College yesterday before Mudd's comments could be relayed.

Linebacker Larry Foote filled in for Porter in issuing a response.

"He said we didn't beat them?" Foote said. "What happened on the defensive side of the ball, when our offense was driving up and down the field on them? He didn't say anything about the interception we had (by strong safety Troy Polamalu) that the referees called back?

"Tell him they were outcoached."

Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel got a hearty chuckle out of Mudd's assessment.

"That's fine with us," Keisel said. "We're not worried about the Colts. They got out-played, they got beat, we won the Super Bowl. That's all there is to it.

"I think they're still mad about that loss. The refs almost gave it back to them with Troy's call (on the interception that wasn't after further review) so they have nothing to cry about."

Keisel also endorsed Foote's "outcoached" theory, giving much of the credit to Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.

"I think our game plan going into that last game was much better than the first game," he said, recalling a 26-7 Colts win over the Steelers on Nov. 28 in Indy. "We had some blitzes that they didn't have any answers for, and it showed up.

"Coach LeBeau is a wizard. That's what he does, and that's why he's been in the league as long as he has. We all ride with him. Whatever he calls, we'll run it."

Keisel also found Mudd's challenge for a rematch, "right now," appealing.

"I'll play anyone right now," he said. "Let's just play. Let's get out of Latrobe."

Head coach Bill Cowher, who coached with Mudd in Cleveland (1986-88) and Kansas City (1989-91) under Marty Schottenheimer, didn't mind the idea of another showdown with the Colts.

"If we play again, it'll be in the playoffs," Cowher said. "It'll be do-or-die again, because they're not on our schedule.

"If it happens, it happens."

Ambridge
08-16-2006, 03:05 AM
Sorry Howard!! There's no Mulligans in football, especially seven months later.

It sounds like you should be doing something more constuctive with your time like rolling that "800lb-Beach Ball"---aka---John Teerlink(Colts D-line Coach) down to your nearest Western Sizzler for the all you can eat dinner buffet.

Steel Pit
08-16-2006, 04:43 AM
F U C K Mudd and his soft-a$$ bunch of vaginas that he calls football players.

stillers4me
08-16-2006, 05:47 AM
At least they are blaming themselves instead of the refs. (ala SeaBabies)

It would be nice to get some resect .....but that ain't never gonna happen!

BlackNGold203
08-16-2006, 06:18 AM
LMAO...just read this.......

This guy should be happy he's still employed, after we exposed his line for the fraud it is....

unbelieveable...

I bet Dungy cringed when he saw this. Dungy is a class act...I'm surprised he has a guy like this working for him.

:dang: :dang:

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Wow. I would expect this type of behavior from the Bungal organization, but not from the Colts.

Congradulations Howard Mudd; you have now joined the likes of Marvin Lewis and Mike Holmgren. The diapers and kleenex are to your right and the feminine itch products are to your left. Enjoy!

BlackNGold203
08-16-2006, 06:38 AM
I wonder how good his O-line will look without Edge picking up the blitzers this year.....

OHHH...I forgot...Rhodes and Addai....

:dang: :dang: :dang:

Buzz05
08-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Shouldnt this guy be worried about the upcoming season rather then whining about how his team imploded last season. Wow...I guess you can really see who the classier organizations are....

Lyn
08-16-2006, 08:47 AM
He'll need to do more than invest in more good luck charms if he
wants to make it to the Super Bowl.:rolleyes:

HometownGal
08-16-2006, 08:56 AM
But the Pittsburgh Steelers did not beat the Colts. The Colts beat the Colts.

Riiiiiiiight, pal. And Osama bin Laden eats bacon for breakfast, too. :rolleyes: Ask Peytoon who was beating his ass all over the field that day.

Another candidate for my pickle head collection. :cool:

X-Terminator
08-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Oy vey. :rolleyes: Where do teams find candy asses like this guy? How about sucking it up, be a man, accept the fact that you got your asses smacked around, and move on? I have little patience for whiners.

melroseplace
08-16-2006, 09:42 AM
But the Pittsburgh Steelers did not beat the Colts. The Colts beat the Colts.

isn't that what happens in any game? one team doesn't play to it's fullest potential, therefore the other team is the better team and wins.

as a coach in the professional football league, it's a wonder some of these guys say the things they say. I wonder if they look back after the fact and regret it b/c they made themselves look stupid or if they stand by their irrational opinions (meaning this guy and the many others who have said similar things about the Steelers)

Petesburgh66
08-16-2006, 11:09 AM
This bafoon thinks the Colts beat themselves? What game was he watching? The Steelers almost gave the game away in the 2nd half with their conservative play, the Bettis fumble and Polamalu brain cramp to make something happen with the INT instead of just going down. The Colts were lucky to make this game even close after the ass kicking they got in the first half.

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2006, 11:30 AM
?Never allow anyone to rain on your parade and thus cast a pall of gloom and defeat on the entire day. Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. Only God can shape a flower, but any foolish child can pull it to pieces.? - Mandino

HometownGal
08-16-2006, 11:32 AM
And I suppose this is Joey Porter giving Peytoon some lovin? Oh I get it - Joey is performing the Heimlich maneuver on a "choking" QB. :busted: (One of my fave pics from the Steelers/Colts game!) :bouncy:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/Shaggy2334/20060116pd_porter_manning03_fbnPJ_4.jpg

BlackNGold203
08-16-2006, 11:34 AM
?Never allow anyone to rain on your parade and thus cast a pall of gloom and defeat on the entire day. Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. Only God can shape a flower, but any foolish child can pull it to pieces.? - Mandino

Whoa....deep......:cool:

pucho58
08-16-2006, 01:43 PM
What the f**k is wrong with him?. We won the SB that shows we were the best team in the NFL. Not his choking Colts.

Hawk Believer
08-16-2006, 01:53 PM
I would just like to say how nice it was to see a thread title that had the word whine but didn't involve the Seahawks organization.:sofunny:

Course I didn't have to read past the 2nd line of the post before my Hawks got mentioned.:dang:

Oh well, its gonna take a while to get past the damage Holmgren did to his team by running his mouth about the refs in public. Hopefully the Colts keep complaining and take his title.

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2006, 02:13 PM
It's a sad day for the NFL when the players set a better example than some of the coaches do in this league.

I'm hoping I never hear about a Steeler coach making excuses, crying and complaining in my life time. Then again, our coaching staff is selected by the best and classiest ownership group in the game.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Last I checked...the Colts wear blue and white...the Steelers wear black and gold.The team that wears black and gold won the game.Therefore,if my calculations are correct,the Steelers beat the Colts.

If Manning & Co. think they had protection problems in that game,wait till they see what life is like after Edge leaves.He picked up a lot of the blitzes for that team.Just blitz Manning,he'll go down like a sack of potatoes.

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Therefore,if my calculations are correct,the Steelers beat the Colts.

Stating the Steelers "beat" the Colts is putting it very mildly. The score was very deceiving. That's what makes Mudd's comments even more asinine.

memphissteelergirl
08-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Sorry Howard!! There's no Mulligans in football, especially seven months later.

It sounds like you should be doing something more constuctive with your time like rolling that "800lb-Beach Ball"---aka---John Teerlink(Colts D-line Coach) down to your nearest Western Sizzler for the all you can eat dinner buffet.

:sofunny: My sentiments exactly!

SteelerFanInCA
08-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm not exactly sure what game Mudd was watching but we owned those guys for the first 3 quarters. I guess Heath Miller catching passes from Ben had nothing to do with it. :dang:

Haiku_Dirtt
08-16-2006, 04:01 PM
:crying02: "And and and our offensive line" :crying02: "And and three years worth of losses" :crying02:

"We were awful." :crying01:

WTF. This has been my contention for the past few months. In Manning's own words "Let's just say we had protection issues". With no significant improvement on the O-LINE then why in the hell are they favored to win the SB.

And MUDD getting a bad case of oral diarrhea does nothing to change my mind. :screwy:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-16-2006, 04:31 PM
I would just like to say how nice it was to see a thread title that had the word whine but didn't involve the Seahawks organization.:sofunny:

Course I didn't have to read past the 2nd line of the post before my Hawks got mentioned.:dang:

Oh well, its gonna take a while to get past the damage Holmgren did to his team by running his mouth about the refs in public. Hopefully the Colts keep complaining and take his title.

I'm afraid Whine and Holgrem = synonymous, guess we can now throw the Colts O-line coach in the mix. How about we played like shit and lost, whatever happened to that?

Steelersfan4life0655
08-16-2006, 04:57 PM
wow, i cant believe what i just read, why cant people just let things go and focus on the season that is just about to start and worry about teams in the 06,that will be ripping through that porous line that the colts have

bigbensgirl7
08-16-2006, 05:15 PM
what really makes me laugh about the whole thing is the Colts fans seem to think they got under our skin and pissed our players off. All they did is give them something to laugh about, because the entire NFL knows the score did not reflect the domination on the field that day!!! Get over it....you were out coached 100% and out played!!!

Prosdo
08-16-2006, 05:36 PM
what really makes me laugh about the whole thing is the Colts fans seem to think they got under our skin and pissed our players off. All they did is give them something to laugh about, because the entire NFL knows the score did not reflect the domination on the field that day!!! Get over it....you were out coached 100%!!!

I couldn't agree with you more!

19ward86
08-16-2006, 10:10 PM
ok "the steelers didnt beat the colts,the colts beat the colts" what? that is like saying that is not by shit in the toilet that is my asses shit. that might be the dumbest comment ever. we beat them, just cause manning cant handle pressure doesnt mean that we didnt beat them. bullshit

Haiku_Dirtt
08-17-2006, 04:32 AM
And I suppose this is Joey Porter giving Peytoon some lovin? Oh I get it - Joey is performing the Heimlich maneuver on a "choking" QB. :busted: (One of my fave pics from the Steelers/Colts game!) :bouncy:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/Shaggy2334/20060116pd_porter_manning03_fbnPJ_4.jpg

You rock. That photo is over the top beauty.

nicesteel4life
08-17-2006, 07:54 AM
MUDD is a Colt Coach! Sounds like a sniffling whinner to me. Maybe he is close with Archie.
Get over it dude...You guys got BEAT, plain and simple