PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey fired

Vis
01-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Well, that didnít take long.
New Jaguars general manager David Caldwell wasted no time remaking the franchise under his terms, as he fired head coach Mike Mularkey (http://twitter.com/jaguars/statuses/289401516501127168) after one season, the team announced.
Itís not a tremendous surprise, when you consider that Caldwell was a sought-after commodity, and wasnít in a position to have to take someone elseís leftovers.
Mularkey met with owner Shad Khan last week, and thought he might be safe after a 2-14 season, but was told that the new GM would have final say. Caldwell had plenty of background with Mularkey from his time with the Falcons, so it didnít take long for him to make a decision.
Many have linked Caldwell to his former college classmate Greg Roman, the 49ers offensive coordinator.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/10/jaguars-fire-mike-mularkey-after-one-season/

Fire Haley
01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
Before anyone asks, no!

Not another ex head coach with the stink of losing on him as our new OC - we just tried that - EPIC FAIL

desertsteel
01-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Yes... let's see... Mularkey, Wiz, Gailey... am I leaving anyone out???

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Before anyone asks, no!

Not another ex head coach with the stink of losing on him as our new OC - we just tried that - EPIC FAIL

Falcons were going to fire Mularkey as their OC after the 2011 season until he was hired as the Jax HC for some inexplicable reason

At least in Haley's defense the Chiefs got worse after he was fired - the Atlanta offense improved dramatically with Mularkey gone so IMO Mularkey is damaged goods

With Tebow heading to Jax that HC job is even more toxic

Vis
01-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Falcons were going to fire Mularkey as their OC after the 2011 season until he was hired as the Jax HC for some inexplicable reason

At least in Haley's defense the Chiefs got worse after he was fired - the Atlanta offense improved dramatically with Mularkey gone

With tebow heading to Jax that HC job is even more toxic

Is Tebow really heading there? If I was the GM, the first question I would ask every HC candidate is how he would use Tebow. If he even tries to answer with any type of plan I would thank him for his time and end the meeting.

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Is Tebow really heading there? If I was the GM, the first question I would ask every HC candidate is how he would use Tebow. If he even tries to answer with any type of plan I would thank him for his time and end the meeting.

The Jax GM is meeting the press this afternoon - I am sure the question will come up

Jax needs to do something to fill the seats until it moves

Vis
01-10-2013, 10:59 AM
The Jax GM is meeting the press this afternoon - I am sure the question will come up

Jax needs to do something to fill the seats until it moves

But his guaranteed failure will be blamed on the coach who didn't use him right.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-10-2013, 11:13 AM
If Tebow is going there it would be a great spot for Arians!! He does have a successful record of working with young QB's like Manning, Ben and Luck...........................then again, he didnt do much for Tim Couch in Cleveland did he??

Steelers>NFL
01-10-2013, 12:11 PM
If Tebow is going there it would be a great spot for Arians!! He does have a successful record of working with young QB's like Manning, Ben and Luck...........................then again, he didnt do much for Tim Couch in Cleveland did he??

I don't think he made Manning. Manning was self taught.

Vis
01-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Was the forum move the ultimate act of disowning the former Steeler coach?

MACH1
01-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Former is the key word here.

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2013, 04:32 PM

Apparently the Jax GM is not a Tebow fan based on his comments this afternoon

In a press conference announcing his hire as general manager, David Caldwell said he could not imagine a scenario in which Tebow would become a Jaguar ó even if heís released.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/01/10/jaguars-gm-on-tim-tebow/?sct=hp_t2_a5&eref=sihp

So much for this story last month by ESPN:noidea:

League sources say it is a virtual certainty Tim Tebow will land a job back home with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8773675/tim-tebow-virtual-certainty-sign-jacksonville-jaguars-2013-according-sources