PDA

View Full Version : Pens open against Flyers in Philly?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Fire Haley
01-11-2013, 07:52 PM
The Penguins will open the shortened NHL season with four of their first five games on the road, sources told the Tribune-Review Friday.

The home opener against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Jan. 23 will be sandwiched by a pair of two-game roadtrips.

The first will take them to Philadelphia (Jan. 19) and the New York Rangers (Jan. 20). The team will then head to Winnipeg (Jan. 25) and Ottawa (Jan. 27), the sources said.

The NHL schedule was to be finalized Friday and released Saturday upon ratification of the labor contract agreed to in principle last Sunday.

Last-minute changes to the schedule were still possible before its release.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/3280599-85/games-penguins-jan#axzz2HM8L24s6

Fire Haley
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
PENGUINS OPEN ON TOP OF NHL POWER RANKINGS

The Pittsburgh Penguins open the 2013 NHL season on top of the TSN.ca NHL Power Rankings, ahead of the New York Rangers and Boston Bruins.

With a healthy Sidney Crosby and reigning MVP Evgeni Malkin, the Penguins have an abundance of skill and, even though they traded Jordan Staal to Carolina, remained strong down the middle by getting Brandon Sutter in return.

Pittsburgh's supporting cast and defence do present questions -- there are no flawless teams -- but the Penguins also addressed their goaltending concerns by adding Tomas Vokoun, to pair with Marc-Andre Fleury after Fleury struggled in last year's playoffs.

As for the Rangers, adding Rick Nash and having a healthy Marian Gaborik for the start of the season should give the Blueshirts the offensive firepower necessary to support Vezina-winning goaltender Henrik Lundqvist.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413309

Fire Haley
01-13-2013, 09:18 AM
schedule is out

http://www.tsn.ca/NHL/teams/schedule/?hubname=nhl-penguins

Fire Haley
01-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Eric Tangradi is slated to skate with Evgeni Malkin and James Neal on Monday.

The mystery regarding who will play left wing on center Evgeni Malkin‘s line may have been revealed Sunday. Tangradi skated with center Dustin Jeffrey and right wing James Neal. Jeffrey will leave that spot when Malkin returns. Tangradi might not.

“Eric Tangradi will be on the left, and James Neal will be on the right on (Monday),” Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said.

Tangradi has just one goal in 41 NHL games but has never had an opportunity to play with Malkin or center Sidney Crosby. “I haven‘t been told,” Tangradi said. “Just to be on the roster is my goal, my focus.”

Crosby is expected to skate this week with left wing Chris Kunitz and right wing Pascal Dupuis. Center Brandon Sutter will be skating with left wing Matt Cooke and right wing Tyler Kennedy.

• Malkin was the only player not skating at Southpointe. He has played in the KHL during the past four months and arrived from Russia on Sunday morning. Penguins general manager Ray Shero said that Malkin is in terrific shape and will participate in camp shortly.

• Shero has until 3 p.m. Friday to decide on his final roster. Shero said there is a possibility that the Penguins will keep eight defensemen on their roster. Bylsma rarely dresses more than six defensemen.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/3279822-74/penguins-wing-tangradi#axzz2HyXKwrpg

Fire Haley
01-17-2013, 02:26 AM
NHL POWER RANKINGS

1. Pittsburgh: Crosby healthy, Vokoun adds insurance in goal.
2. N.Y. Rangers: Adding Nash to Gaborik gives Blueshirts firepower.
3. Boston: Time for Tuukka Rask to backstop Bruins.

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

Fire Haley
01-18-2013, 11:31 AM
Pens roster

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Forwards

# Name Height Weight Date Of Birth Age Birth Place
27 Craig Adams 6' 0" 197 Apr 26, 1977 35 Seria, BRN
24 Matt Cooke 5' 11" 205 Sep 7, 1978 34 Belleville, ON, CAN
87 Sidney Crosby"C" 5' 11" 200 Aug 7, 1987 25 Cole Harbour, NS, CAN
9 Pascal Dupuis 6' 1" 205 Apr 7, 1979 33 Laval, QC, CAN
10 Tanner Glass 6' 1" 210 Nov 29, 1983 29 Regina, SK, CAN
15 Dustin Jeffrey 6' 1" 205 Feb 27, 1988 24 Sarnia, ON, CAN
48 Tyler Kennedy 5' 11" 183 Jul 15, 1986 26 Sault Ste. Marie, ON, CAN
14 Chris Kunitz 6' 0" 193 Sep 26, 1979 33 Regina, SK, CAN
71 Evgeni Malkin"A" 6' 3" 195 Jul 31, 1986 26 Magnitogorsk, RUS
18 James Neal 6' 2" 208 Sep 3, 1987 25 Whitby, ON, CAN
16 Brandon Sutter 6' 3" 183 Feb 14, 1989 23 Huntington, NY, USA
25 Eric Tangradi 6' 4" 221 Feb 10, 1989 23 Philadelphia, PA, USA
46 Joe Vitale 5' 11" 205 Aug 20, 1985 27 St. Louis, MO, USA

Defensemen

41 Robert Bortuzzo 6' 4" 215 Mar 18, 1989 23 Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
47 Simon Despres 6' 4" 214 Jul 27, 1991 21 Laval, QC, CAN
5 Deryk Engelland 6' 2" 202 Apr 3, 1982 30 Edmonton, AB, CAN
58 Kris Letang 6' 0" 201 Apr 24, 1987 25 Montreal, QC, CAN
6 Ben Lovejoy 6' 2" 215 Feb 20, 1984 28 Concord, NH, USA
7 Paul Martin 6' 1" 200 Mar 5, 1981 31 Minneapolis, MN, USA
2 Matt Niskanen 6' 0" 209 Dec 6, 1986 26 Virginia, MN, USA
44 Brooks Orpik"A" 6' 2" 219 Sep 26, 1980 32 San Francisco, CA, USA

Goalies

29 Marc-Andre Fleury 6' 2" 180 Nov 28, 1984 28 Sorel, QC, CAN
92 Tomas Vokoun 6' 1" 210 Jul 2, 1976 36 Karlovy Vary, CZE

Fire Haley
01-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Center Ice - DirecTV FREE PREVIEW: 1/19/13 – 1/31/13

torpedoshell31
01-18-2013, 03:49 PM
I have never watched a hockey game in my entire life. It just wasn't that big a sport when I was a kid growing up, so I never developed an interest in it. In fact when I was young the Penguins didn't even exist, they were called the Hornets back then.

Fire Haley
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
I watched all the Mario cups - I love hockey

we gotta beat the Flyers

that is all

SteelCityMom
01-18-2013, 06:57 PM
I have never watched a hockey game in my entire life. It just wasn't that big a sport when I was a kid growing up, so I never developed an interest in it. In fact when I was young the Penguins didn't even exist, they were called the Hornets back then.

That's fine. I'm going to guess that you're my Mom's age (by the Hornets reference...hell you could be my Grandma's age with that reference :chuckle:).

It was never a big sport in W.Pa. Not until recently. Neither was football for a long time though. The Steelers were a joke from the 30's-60's. Sure, we bred some good football players, but no one was going to Steelers games. Sort of like how no one is going to Pirates games now....even though baseball was the defining sport of the city for many years (when the Steelers were complete shit).

It's a new day. I fell in love with hockey when I was 4. The team sucked some serious ass, but I just loved watching it. Rinks in the area are on the rise. High schools are starting to produce some serious players. We are no longer just a football city. Check out the drafts. Every year there are more and more players from W.Pa.

If you have never had an interest in hockey, then what is your reason for commenting on a hockey related post?

SteelCityMom
01-18-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm so geeked for some hockey tomorrow. (Shut up Killer, I know it's a total chick song. Suck it.)

jFq5KAcJ7Wk

Fire Haley
01-19-2013, 10:41 AM
whatever floats your boat, mama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MPa63XxdHk

hockey is back, that's good enough for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMLnAL-LQok&feature=player_embedded

Fire Haley
01-19-2013, 06:49 PM
yes indeedy - nice try Flyers, kept it interesting at 2-1

Pens were cruising around at 3/4 speed, just testing out our new defense.

good win to start the season

SteelCityMom
01-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Was a great game...anyone who is boycotting the NHL because of the lockout is missing out. I have things I don't like about the shortened season, but it's going to make for some exciting hockey. Jumping right into playoff mode.

The hush that fell over the crowd in Filthy was spectacular.

stb_steeler
01-20-2013, 12:17 PM
I watched all the Mario cups - I love hockey

we gotta beat the Flyers

that is all

Mission accomplished......:applaudit:

Lady Steel
01-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Final score 3-1 with goals by Kennedy, Neal and Kunitz. Fleury was aaaawesome! :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
01-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Pens at the Rangers tonight - should be another good one, they got abused by Boston last night.

Word is Vokoun is starting this one.

Time for Malkin and Sid to get some.

stb_steeler
01-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Good game lastnight against the Rangers.....:applaudit:

stb_steeler
01-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Bad game against the Leafs....;(

Fire Haley
01-31-2013, 10:49 AM
so much for that "fast start"

Pens' Crosby: Adversity isn’t ‘end of the world’

The Penguins know their performance against the New York Islanders on Tuesday was troubling and that their benign 3-3-0 record illustrates that they've looked nothing like a Stanley Cup contender through six games.

They also realize that because of the truncated schedule, only 42 games remain to find their way before the postseason begins.

Panic is running rampant among fans, but the Penguins insist everything is fine.

“I don't think a little adversity this time of year is the end of the world,” captain Sidney Crosby said.

Starting Thursday at Madison Square Garden, Crosby and his teammates can test that theory because the Penguins rarely have looked so vulnerable during their stretch of six consecutive playoff appearances.

“We aren't playing the way we need to play,” coach Dan Bylsma said.

Crosby and fellow star Evgeni Malkin aren't lighting up scoreboards through six games, the special teams have been poor, turnovers are being committed at a startling rate and the Penguins have not been a physical team — something Bylsma and general manager Ray Shero demand.

Malkin admitted to being displeased with his team's start, but he is refusing to panic.

“It's all right,” Malkin said. “Yeah, we lost our last game. Still positive, looking forward. Nothing bad. We've just played six games. Just keep going.”

One of the newest Penguins suggested that showing more passion against the Rangers would be a good way to extinguish the funk.

“We just didn't play with any gumption or any fight in our last game,” left wing Tanner Glass said. “You aren't going to win too many games in this league playing that way.”

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/3379120-74/penguins-games-game#axzz2JZAf2wVA

-------------------------

you know what I say - shoot the puck!

Fire Haley
02-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Nice shut-oot

I feel much more comfortable with Vokoun in goal

stb_steeler
02-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Nice shut-oot

I feel much more comfortable with Vokoun in goal

They made a good choice in gettin Vokoun, Flower showing times of fatigue some days.

Fire Haley
02-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Penguins 5 Devils 1

“If you don’t show up with your A-game, they can make you look bad and that’s what happened,” Pete DeBoer told Deb Placey of MSG Network. “We don’t lose our composure like that very often, but it happened tonight.”

What happened: Uninterested, undisciplined play by the Devils led to a third period where they were blown away by the Penguins. Defensive breakdowns and almost no offensive production led to the Devils first regulation loss of the season. It was ugly and now the Devils face what is almost a must win out on Long Island tomorrow.

Star of the game: Sidney Crosby. The Pittsburgh superstar had three points (1g, 2a) and he paced a Penguins offense that created a ton of pressure on Martin Brodeur all game. The Pens showed just how dynamic they can be offensively when they get going.

Goat of the game: The entire Devils defense gets the nod here. Second chances, turnovers and an inability to clear the puck resulted in numerous scoring chances. Not to say that Brodeur was good, but without some key saves, this game could have been even more lopsided. That’s two straight completely underwhelming performances by the New Jersey defensive-corps. The defense as a whole was the culprit today.

Turning point: Anton Volchenkov had a give-away early in the third period that resulted in a goal by Kris Letang. Volchenkov has been sluggish all year and the turnovers killed any chance at a comeback today. When you give the puck away like that to anyone, chances are they’re going to make you pay and that’s what happened here.

http://devilsinsiders.com/2013/02/02/instant-insight-game-seven-penguins-5-devils-1/

---------------------

Poor Martaaaaaaaay...they left him out to dry, giving up a goal to a rookie Bortuzzo for his 1st - shameful

Boychuk brought some fire to this team, I like that #17

Fire Haley
02-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Kunitz with the hat trick and Boychuk making plays all over the ice, good stuff. He could be our waiver wire steal of the year. Shut the crap fans right up....I'm sure I heard at least one Lets Go Pens chant - 6-3....make that 3 in a row

stb_steeler
02-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Ovenchicken is a cheating *****!
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k107/marines_gal/Ovechkin-avi2.gif

Fire Haley
02-05-2013, 11:22 PM
4-2 goodbye Isles - 4 in a row

Fleury was spinning on his head like a top - he wins all the stars

Sid gets his face mushed in for the team and the Pens penalty killers decide they want to win a game

good game

sluggermatt15
02-06-2013, 03:09 PM
4-2 goodbye Isles - 4 in a row

Fleury was spinning on his head like a top - he wins all the stars

Sid gets his face mushed in for the team and the Pens penalty killers decide they want to win a game

good game

Awesome win by the Penguins. I watched some of the game and it was good to see this team playing well on the penalty kill. Holding the #1 ranked PP to 0 for 7 is a nice accomplishment.

Good to see Flower bounced back. This team looks like it is on to something positive. Keep it rolling!

Fire Haley
02-06-2013, 11:25 PM
DUCKS ACQUIRE D LOVEJOY FROM PENGUINS IN EXCHANGE FOR PICK

The Anaheim Ducks have completed a trade with the Pittsburgh Penguins, acquiring defenceman Ben Lovejoy in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.

-----------------------------------

Despres and Bortuzzo must be here to stay then....and they've seen enough from Boychuk to keep him too?

yay

@penguins: NEWS ALERT: #Pens have recalled D Dylan Reese from @WBSPenguins. He leads WBS D in scoring with 3G-12A=15 in 39 games.

stb_steeler
02-07-2013, 03:28 PM
playing the Caps again tonight......Ugh!

Fire Haley
02-07-2013, 08:14 PM
yep - we miss Letang

Caps lead 1-0

Fire Haley
02-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Pens pouring in on now

4-1 Pens - that Boychuk kid looks damn good too

stb_steeler
02-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Keep this up we'll be the team to beat down the home stretch :applaudit:

sluggermatt15
02-08-2013, 10:24 PM
Keep this up we'll be the team to beat down the home stretch :applaudit:

We pretty much are right now, outside of the Bruins. Penguins have been ON FIRE! Great to see them having success. I hope they keep the great stretch going. Though it won't be easy this weekend against the Devils and "Fatso" Marty Brodeur. In the back of my mind I feel at some point the loss of defensemen - Lovejoy (traded), Letang (injury), and Niskanen (injury) - might catch up to us. Just wish that it's NOT this weekend.

Go Pens!

stb_steeler
02-09-2013, 12:05 PM
We pretty much are right now, outside of the Bruins. Penguins have been ON FIRE! Great to see them having success. I hope they keep the great stretch going. Though it won't be easy this weekend against the Devils and "Fatso" Marty Brodeur. In the back of my mind I feel at some point the loss of defensemen - Lovejoy (traded), Letang (injury), and Niskanen (injury) - might catch up to us. Just wish that it's NOT this weekend.

Go Pens!

Lets hope we get a repeat of the last matchup...5-1
I dont think Brodeur matches up well with our OL....
Missing Letang will be a factor for sure.

stb_steeler
02-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Pens looked tired today.... To many bogus penalty calls!

Fire Haley
02-09-2013, 05:10 PM
Penalties doomed them, way to go Malkin

sluggermatt15
02-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Pens looked tired today.... To many bogus penalty calls!

The PK has to pick it up. They haven't been consistent thus far in 2013. Nothing like they were last year, to date. Can't give up 2 PP goals with less than 10 minutes left in the game. No one boxed out Henrique on the tie-breaking goal. Devils 3rd goal was a defensive breakdown too. No way you should let the opponent get the puck 10 feet from the net like what happened.

Just have to move on and get ready for tomorrow night.

stb_steeler
02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Penalties doomed them, way to go Malkin

Have to admit, some of those calls were weak. Not saying Malkin wasnt guilty of some.

sluggermatt15
02-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Have to admit, some of those calls were weak. Not saying Malkin wasnt guilty of some.

Yeah, they were weak calls, I agree. Refs will always go both ways. Look at the Caps game from Thursday night, we got more of the favorable calls (I would say). So this afternoon NJ received the benefit of the doubt. Hey, they were the home team after all!

stb_steeler
02-10-2013, 11:10 AM
Here's to a better game tonight :drink:

Fire Haley
02-11-2013, 08:01 AM
no way - out worked again

we missed Letang

stb_steeler
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=Killer;1084852]no way - out worked again

we missed Letang[/QUOTE

They sure do...;(

Fire Haley
02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Looks like he'll be back tonight against Sens

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens lines at practice: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Boychuk-Malkin-Neal Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy Glass-Jeffrey-Adams (Tangradi, Vitale)

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens D-pairs: Orpik-Martin Engelland-Bortuzzo Despres-Reese Niskanen-Letang

Will DePaoli ‏@TIOPS_DePaoli
Boychuk remains on second line. Sunday night Bylsma talked like there wouldn't be a change there yet. #Penguins

SteelCityMom
02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I knew he wasn't going to be out long. Figure it was just a muscle pull or something and it was more preventative than anything. With the short season, no sense in making something minor worse. Niskanen should be back shortly as well.

Keep an eye on Orpik, I remember them saying last game that he was having some minor issues as well.

SteelCityMom
02-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Niskanen back tonight actually...sorry, didn't read the whole post of yours Killer.

That should make up for a lot tonight.

sluggermatt15
02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Yeah guys, unfortunately this past weekend the defense depth caught up to the Penguins. New Jersey always gives the Penguins fits. They come ready to play a gritty, grind-it-out game. If Pitt makes a mistake or two, NJ will take advantage, and that is what happened.

Let's see what happens in the 3rd tonight. Looks like having Letang back is helping a bit.

Fire Haley
02-13-2013, 10:36 PM
Pens win but Sens lose their guy for the year

@NHL_SENSUpdate on Karlsson: Erik suffered a laceration to his left achilles, which will require surgery to repair. He will be out indefinitely.

Hocky world is up in arms becasue it was Cooke that cut him with the skate

SENATORS LOSE KARLSSON TO ACHILLES INJURY; FALL TO PENGUINS

PITTSBURGH -- The Ottawa Senators lost a lot more than a game.

Star defenceman Erik Karlsson went down with a left Achilles injury when he was cut by a skate blade late in the second period in the Senators' 4-2 loss to Pittsburgh on Wednesday night.

The Norris Trophy winner last season as the NHL's top defenceman, Karlsson was cut by Penguins forward Matt Cooke's skate blade as the two tangled along the boards. The Senators said Karlsson will need surgery.

"We all know who's involved in it," Ottawa coach Paul MacLean said about Cooke. "That's just the way it is. The injury to Erik was unfortunate and it happens on a nothing play that could've potentially been whistled down."

Cooke has been suspended several times for much criticized hits, some of them involving head-shots that injured opposing players. In 2011, Cooke was suspended for the Penguins' final 10 regular-season games and the first round of the Playoffs after an elbow to the head of New York Rangers' defenceman Ryan McDonagh.

Karlsson fell to the ice and was in visible pain after tangling with Cooke. He needed help getting back to the bench and displayed frustration, throwing his stick against the boards before disappearing down the runway.

"Him and I were engaged and he went down screaming," Cooke said. "I didn't even know what happened. It's a complete accident and obviously I feel terrible about it. It has happened a few times over the past couple years and it's scary."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415943

http://www.abload.de/img/hockeylegcut17okdn.gif

Fire Haley
02-14-2013, 10:35 AM
as it should be

NHL: COOKE FACES NO HEARING OR DISCIPLINE FOR KARLSSON INJURY

The National Hockey League has already decided that there will be no hearing and no supplemental discipline for Penguins forward Matt Cooke regarding the injury to Ottawa Senators defenceman Erik Karlsson.

Cooke was tangled up with Karlsson near the puck along the boards on Wednesday night when his skate blade cut the left achilles of the Norris Trophy-winning blueliner.

The Senators said that Karlsson will require surgery and will be out indefinitely.

The league said on Thursday that the Department of Player Safety has reviewed the incident and that Brendan Shanahan has spoken with both general managers.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415971

stb_steeler
02-14-2013, 11:07 AM
as it should be

NHL: COOKE FACES NO HEARING OR DISCIPLINE FOR KARLSSON INJURY

The National Hockey League has already decided that there will be no hearing and no supplemental discipline for Penguins forward Matt Cooke regarding the injury to Ottawa Senators defenceman Erik Karlsson.

Cooke was tangled up with Karlsson near the puck along the boards on Wednesday night when his skate blade cut the left achilles of the Norris Trophy-winning blueliner.

The Senators said that Karlsson will require surgery and will be out indefinitely.

The league said on Thursday that the Department of Player Safety has reviewed the incident and that Brendan Shanahan has spoken with both general managers.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415971

I really dont see anything that warrants any discipline, it was coincidental contact....

Fire Haley
02-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Welcome aboard Beau!

WINNIPEG, Manitoba --

Beau Bennett might not sizzle in his NHL debut here Friday night. It wouldn't be fair to expect that, anyway. The Penguins' prized prospect is still a baby-faced 21-year-old, he's played only 35 pro games, and, really, he wasn't a mega-scorer in college or in the minors.

The Penguins will give Bennett every chance to do exactly that, based on conversations this week with team executives.

If it takes just a couple shifts Friday against the Jets, great.

If it takes a couple weeks, even the couple months between now and the April 3 NHL trade deadline, that's fine, too.

http://triblive.com/sports/dejankovacevic/dejancolumns/3473062-74/sblt-bennett-couple#ixzz2KygTfNFJ

http://triblive.com/csp/mediapool/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?STREAMOID=BDfvC $38fKKfW1BJY0cHE8$daE2N3K4ZzOUsqbU5sYtDPPCqWWfSZWe Dc3t1TTlFWCsjLu883Ygn4B49Lvm9bPe2QeMKQdVeZmXF$9l$4 uCZ8QDXhaHEp3rvzXRJFdy0KqPHLoMevcTLo3h8xh70Y6N_U_C ryOsw6FTOdKL_jpQ-&CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg

Fire Haley
02-15-2013, 11:25 PM
Beau didn't show much, neither did the Pens - Tangradi was hitting everything in a Pens jersey

but Fleury was a GOD

3-1 in a game game much closer than it should have been

sluggermatt15
02-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Beau didn't show much, neither did the Pens - Tangradi was hitting everything in a Pens jersey

but Fleury was a GOD

3-1 in a game game much closer than it should have been

Yes, Flower play SO well. IMO it was a shame he did not get a shutout because he deserved it. He was essentially standing on his head all night. I had a feeling it was going to be one of those games where the Penguins get a small lead, then let the opponent "hang around" all game, then finally cave in by losing the lead. But I am glad it did not turn out that way.

Penguins had a couple key PKs that really made the difference. Really great to see them step up. Winnipeg shot themselves in the foot, per se, when they were shorthanded by 2 men with 5 minutes left in the game. Great goal by Neal!

Let's hope this great effort continues tomorrow afternoon! Let's Go Pens!!

Fire Haley
02-17-2013, 08:03 PM
America, fuck yeah!

take that Canada, we got Hockey Day In America now

we talk about Hockey Hair and Hockey in Harlem, because that's American, fuck yeah, we know hockey

very entertaining 4-3 win

after blowing a 2 goal lead in the first 2 minutes

Fleury is a God, fuck yeah

sluggermatt15
02-18-2013, 08:53 AM
America, fuck yeah!

take that Canada, we got Hockey Day In America now

we talk about Hockey Hair and Hockey in Harlem, because that's American, fuck yeah, we know hockey

very entertaining 4-3 win

after blowing a 2 goal lead in the first 2 minutes

Fleury is a God, fuck yeah

Our 2-0 lead could have and should have been greater, maybe 3-0 or 4-0. Pens had a lot of great early chances in that game. Good to see them prevail though. When they were down, the team rose up, and that's what you like to see from them. That is what GREAT teams do, they make plays in the key situations. :tt04:

Fire Haley
02-18-2013, 10:51 AM
Our 2-0 lead could have and should have been greater, maybe 3-0 or 4-0. Pens had a lot of great early chances in that game. Good to see them prevail though. When they were down, the team rose up, and that's what you like to see from them. That is what GREAT teams do, they make plays in the key situations. :tt04:

Fleury saved their asses again.

I'm just wondering when Malkin will wake up, he's been skating around in a daze.

stb_steeler
02-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Fleury saved their asses again.

I'm just wondering when Malkin will wake up, he's been skating around in a daze.

Malkin's been puck hogging desperately trying to score while only ending up turning the puck over time after time.

Fire Haley
02-18-2013, 04:58 PM
here's a little nugget I found

Top 5 Penguins by penalty minutes

Malkin - 26
Engelland - 23
Glass - 19
Cooke - 18
Neal/Despres- 14

stb_steeler
02-18-2013, 05:57 PM

Malkin - 26
Engelland - 23
Glass - 19
Cooke - 18
Neal/Despres- 14

Damn Malkin....:mad:

Fire Haley
02-18-2013, 07:56 PM
If Bylsma was any kind of coach he'd light a fire under his ass.

We don't want our scorers sitting in the box. He gets lazy if you ask me.

And you'e not going to skate through 4 defenders every rush Geno. This ain't the KHL anymore - wake up!

stb_steeler
02-19-2013, 12:49 PM
Lets hope he shows up for a good game tonight! :thumbsup:

sluggermatt15
02-20-2013, 09:03 PM

Malkin - 26
Engelland - 23
Glass - 19
Cooke - 18
Neal/Despres- 14

That's a sign that Malkin is not on his game. He takes a lot of stupid penalties when he doesn't score. Thanks for pointing this out. I believe he also logged a lot of penalty minutes when he had around 80 points a few years ago.

SteelCityMom
02-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Let the Vokoun hate flow. WTF was he doing in against the Flyers anyway? Fleury has had two days off, and the next games are Florida and Carolina. Why the F would you play Vokoun against Philly?

Coaches decision to keep him in there (or play him in the first place) and Vokoun's play cost the Pens the game. Great game by most other players. Pens fought back to tie the game late and give the team a chance and Vokoun choked. Guarantee that's a win if Fleury's in net.

F them. Hope the coaches learn their lesson for next time.

Fire Haley
02-21-2013, 06:06 AM
what the hell is it about the Flyers that makes them lose their minds?

pretty entertaining game - in a gut-wrenching loss kind of way

bah

stb_steeler
02-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Let the Vokoun hate flow. WTF was he doing in against the Flyers anyway? Fleury has had two days off, and the next games are Florida and Carolina. Why the F would you play Vokoun against Philly?

Coaches decision to keep him in there (or play him in the first place) and Vokoun's play cost the Pens the game. Great game by most other players. Pens fought back to tie the game late and give the team a chance and Vokoun choked. Guarantee that's a win if Fleury's in net.

F them. Hope the coaches learn their lesson for next time.

I was wondering the same thing... Flower should have been saved to play this game!
Flyers have a way gettin into the Pens head and it shows.

sluggermatt15
02-22-2013, 07:14 PM
I was wondering the same thing... Flower should have been saved to play this game!
Flyers have a way gettin into the Pens head and it shows.

I didn't watch the game, but I agree. When we play a rival, especially Philly who is in our division, it is imperative we put the best players on the ice. That includes the goalie. I'd much rather have seen Flower in net Wednesday night and Vokoun in night tonight against Florida. Poor coaching decision.

The only reason I can understand that Bylsma would play Vokoun is because he wants to give him more reps. But still, not smart against the Flyers who you know play well in CONSOL.

stb_steeler
02-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Good game tonight.....Pens 3 Panthers 1
Still alot of turning the puck over but never the less a good win!

stb_steeler
02-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left in the third period of Friday’s game against the Panthers at CONSOL Energy Center after falling awkwardly into the boards and did not return.

“In terms of an injury update on Evgeni Malkin, he went into the boards hard there behind the net,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said after the game. “He left on his own accord and is getting further evaluated this evening. We’ll know more (Saturday). But again, he left on his own accord and skated off.”

On the play, Malkin was skating hard to the Panthers net when he got tangled up with defenseman Erik Gudbranson and crashed hard into the boards behind the cage. Malkin stayed down on the ice for a few moments and was attended to by Penguins athletic trainer Chris Stewart. Malkin went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game.

Fire Haley
02-23-2013, 08:49 AM
you know the hocky gods would never let us keep Sid and Malkin healthy for a whole year

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDw34cBCEAA4Zbx.jpg:large

Looked more like a whiplash to me.

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_TribMalkin had trouble walking straight while going to the locker room. Wouldn't expect him to return tonight.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPGBylsma Malkin is getting "further evaluated this evening. We'll know more tomorrow."

Bennett had a good game. Now if only they'd bench Kennedy for Boychuk.

Fleury was great. Sid still passing up the golden shots for more passing.

sluggermatt15
02-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin left in the third period of Friday’s game against the Panthers at CONSOL Energy Center after falling awkwardly into the boards and did not return.

“In terms of an injury update on Evgeni Malkin, he went into the boards hard there behind the net,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said after the game. “He left on his own accord and is getting further evaluated this evening. We’ll know more (Saturday). But again, he left on his own accord and skated off.”

On the play, Malkin was skating hard to the Panthers net when he got tangled up with defenseman Erik Gudbranson and crashed hard into the boards behind the cage. Malkin stayed down on the ice for a few moments and was attended to by Penguins athletic trainer Chris Stewart. Malkin went straight to the locker room and did not return to the game.

I read on The Pensblog that Malkin is experiencing concussion symptoms, following that hit. Judging by the look of it, I fully understand and believe that he did experience a concussion. The manner in which his head snapped backwards was gruesome. Very nasty to watch.

Good game tonight.....Pens 3 Panthers 1
Still alot of turning the puck over but never the less a good win!

Penguins let the Panthers hang around in the game. We were fortunate to tie the game at 1 in the 2nd. Whew! I thought it was going to go downhill after we gave up the first goal. But great work to battle back, tie it up, and then take the lead in the 3rd.

Pens definitely got lucky with some breaks, but again, Flower made some GREAT saves. Kept the team in the game. Weathered the storm by the Panthers at times. Hard fought win against a team coming off a blowout in Philly.

Let's hope we see Fleury in net again on Sunday night against Tampa Bay. I would think Vokoun would play against Florida on Tuesday night. I wonder what Bylsma has up his sleeve.

stb_steeler
02-23-2013, 11:31 AM
He did slam the wall pretty hard...Im bettin a concussion....:banging:

stb_steeler
02-23-2013, 11:33 AM
you know the hocky gods would never let us keep Sid and Malkin healthy for a whole year

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDw34cBCEAA4Zbx.jpg:large

Looked more like a whiplash to me.

Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_TribMalkin had trouble walking straight while going to the locker room. Wouldn't expect him to return tonight.

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPGBylsma Malkin is getting "further evaluated this evening. We'll know more tomorrow."

Bennett had a good game. Now if only they'd bench Kennedy for Boychuk.

Fleury was great. Sid still passing up the golden shots for more passing.

Crosby had a lot of turnovers, id like to see him advance the net more on his own.

sluggermatt15
02-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes, Sid did give the puck away too much. I think he should take more shots. He is extremely dangerous around the net. While he tends to be unselfish and pass up shots to make a pass to a teammate, I'd love for him to just unload the puck. If you've got a great angle or open lane, let it rip!

stb_steeler
02-23-2013, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4-G-1G_oGY
Like to see more of this

sluggermatt15
02-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Crosby's such a stud. I love to see him put points up and help the team. But whatever it takes for the team to win is the bottom line. If he has to score 5 goals per game, so be it. Last night he didn't score, but his teammates picked him up. Loved his effort on a few of the plays Root Sports pointed out, like the play where he raced 200 feet from the offensive zone back to play defense around the net. Talk about a complete player.

stb_steeler
02-23-2013, 12:30 PM
Crosby's such a stud. I love to see him put points up and help the team. But whatever it takes for the team to win is the bottom line. If he has to score 5 goals per game, so be it. Last night he didn't score, but his teammates picked him up. Loved his effort on a few of the plays Root Sports pointed out, like the play where he raced 200 feet from the offensive zone back to play defense around the net. Talk about a complete player.

Yeah i like the way he assist even tho hes not scoring, but we all know he has that ability to do it all....

Fire Haley
02-23-2013, 01:24 PM
Malkin experiencing concussion symptoms

Evgeni Malkin is experiencing concussion symptoms, including severe headache and mild disorientation, multiple sources confirmed Saturday.

Malkin was injured early in the third period of the Penguins’ win over Florida at Consol Energy Center on Friday.

He did not finish the game after sliding into the end-zone boards. The back of his head appeared to bounce off the boards, and Malkin’s neck snapped back in a seeming whiplash motion.

Malkin was slated for further medical evaluation Saturday, coach Dan Bylsma said after the game Friday night. Malkin was not available for comment.

He is not expected to play against Tampa Bay at home on Sunday night, the sources said.

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/2013/02/23/malkin-experiencing-concussion-symptoms/

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshellyBylsma: Malkin has been ruled out for Sunday. Still being evaluated. Following NHL protocol. #Penguins

Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshellyBylsma declined to say whether Malkin has had neuro cognitive concussion test. Malkin is not hospitalized. #Penguins

sluggermatt15
02-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Yeah i like the way he assist even tho hes not scoring, but we all know he has that ability to do it all....

That's what the best two way player does, he can score, help his team with passing, going into the corner for pucks, and playing the PK. Sid's versatility is unbelievable. I'm eager to see him back in action tonight against Tampa.

Fire Haley
02-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Malkin officially out with concussion symptoms...I figure he'll be out for a week or two....time for sid to light it up, just like malkin did when he was out

Penguins ‏@penguinsNeal playing with Crosby at #Pens morning skate:

Kunitz-Crosby-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Jeffrey-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

sluggermatt15
02-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Malkin officially out with concussion symptoms...I figure he'll be out for a week or two....time for sid to light it up, just like malkin did when he was out

Penguins ‏@penguinsNeal playing with Crosby at #Pens morning skate:

Kunitz-Crosby-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Jeffrey-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Looks like some good lines to me. Maybe this will be an opportunity for Crosby and Neal to generate some chemistry. Neal was the guy the Penguins traded for a couple years back to help Sid with scoring. Both guys are playing well. Neal's lighting it up on the PP. :tt02:

stb_steeler
02-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Is it 7.00 PM yet? :popcorn:

Fire Haley
02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Looks like some good lines to me. Maybe this will be an opportunity for Crosby and Neal to generate some chemistry. Neal was the guy the Penguins traded for a couple years back to help Sid with scoring. Both guys are playing well. Neal's lighting it up on the PP. :tt02:

yeah - I think Sid and Neal should be good

personally, I'd replace Kennedy with Boychuk, he's got some spark - I don't know why Bylsma has such a love affair with TK.

Fire Haley
02-24-2013, 05:26 PM
the plot thickens

@Dejan_Kovacevic: I just asked Bylsma to clarify if Malkin had headaches, disorientation at any point. He said Malkin hasn't had them at any point.

Fire Haley
02-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said Malkin was diagnosed with a concussion after slamming back-first into the end boards during Friday night's win over Florida.

Bylsma said Malkin, whose head snapped back when he hit the boards, initially suffered short-term memory loss, but he is improving. Still, Malkin will not join the team when it begins a three-game road swing Tuesday. "He's feeling fine and his memory is returning," Bylsma said

I'm beginning to hate 3-0 leads - but they hung on. Great game and congrats to Beau Bennett on his first NHL goal

stb_steeler
02-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma said Malkin was diagnosed with a concussion after slamming back-first into the end boards during Friday night's win over Florida.

Bylsma said Malkin, whose head snapped back when he hit the boards, initially suffered short-term memory loss, but he is improving. Still, Malkin will not join the team when it begins a three-game road swing Tuesday. "He's feeling fine and his memory is returning," Bylsma said

I'm beginning to hate 3-0 leads - but they hung on. Great game and congrats to Beau Bennett on his first NHL goal

Id rather they didnt score so fast, seems like they need to rely on the D alot then.
But, hey its a win and was a good game. Tampa's a fast team!

Fire Haley
02-25-2013, 02:27 PM
oh no - Penguins ‏@penguinsALERTPenguins have signed defenseman Mark Eaton to a one-year contract.

wtf? the league passed on him

Don't understand why you sign a DMan unless you're planning on no longer playing Bortuzzo or Despres...or maybe a trade in the works? Don't need 8 right now when you have 7 healthy.

And when Malkin comes back, who gets sent down?

Can't send Boychuk down he will become a Carolinas prospect again.

We have to be trading a D-man. I don't see any other reason.....Kennedy?

stb_steeler
02-26-2013, 01:05 PM
I didnt get the signing either....:noidea:

stb_steeler
02-26-2013, 01:06 PM
oh no - Penguins ‏@penguinsALERTPenguins have signed defenseman Mark Eaton to a one-year contract.

wtf? the league passed on him

Don't understand why you sign a DMan unless you're planning on no longer playing Bortuzzo or Despres...or maybe a trade in the works? Don't need 8 right now when you have 7 healthy.

And when Malkin comes back, who gets sent down?

Can't send Boychuk down he will become a Carolinas prospect again.

We have to be trading a D-man. I don't see any other reason.....Kennedy?

I can see Kennedy goin before Despres.....

Fire Haley
02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Well, they put Malkin on IR so they got at least a week to decide who goes down

speaking of trades, I'd go after Iginla or Kulemin....

interesting...

"Another name to watch, of course, before April 3 is Jarome Iginla. We don’t know yet if he’d be willing to waive his no-trade clause for a trade. But if he’s willing, and if the Flames are finally willing to move him, one team to keep an eye on is Pittsburgh. I believe the Penguins have interest in Iginla, who found success with Sidney Crosby on Team Canada at 2010 Olympics. The Penguins have also had success in the past with aging wingers Bill Guerin and Gary Roberts, two players in particular who found new life in their legs after arriving in Pittsburgh. Iginla would be a nice fit there, too."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22337/rumblings-ducks-canucks-and-bad-ref-luck

stb_steeler
02-26-2013, 04:16 PM
Well, they put Malkin on IR so they got at least a week to decide who goes down

speaking of trades, I'd go after Iginla or Kulemin....

interesting...

"Another name to watch, of course, before April 3 is Jarome Iginla. We don’t know yet if he’d be willing to waive his no-trade clause for a trade. But if he’s willing, and if the Flames are finally willing to move him, one team to keep an eye on is Pittsburgh. I believe the Penguins have interest in Iginla, who found success with Sidney Crosby on Team Canada at 2010 Olympics. The Penguins have also had success in the past with aging wingers Bill Guerin and Gary Roberts, two players in particular who found new life in their legs after arriving in Pittsburgh. Iginla would be a nice fit there, too."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22337/rumblings-ducks-canucks-and-bad-ref-luck

Agree'd :wink02:

stb_steeler
02-26-2013, 04:22 PM
UPDATES FROM BYLSMA
Following morning skate, coach Dan Bylsma had a few updates...
Tomas Vokoun will get the start in goal tonight against his former team
Mark Eaton will not play vs. the Panthers
Right now Evgeni Malkin, who is out with a concussion, is following protocol and is simply resting. No off-ice workouts for Malkin and no timetable on when he'll resume workouts

Fire Haley
02-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Tyler I have a turnip for a brain Kennedy strikes early

sluggermatt15
02-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Vokoun just got pulled. It's not looking good for the Penguins tonight. Too many penalties and the PK cannot convert.

Fire Haley
02-27-2013, 06:38 AM
too many penalties from lazy disciplined play

Sid and Letang got caught up ice so many times I lost count, they ended up giving waaaying too many good scoring chances

Vokoun didn't look too good.... but I blame Letang and the PK a lot more.

other than that it was an entertaining loss

stb_steeler
02-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Vokoun just got pulled. It's not looking good for the Penguins tonight. Too many penalties and the PK cannot convert.

Bylsma must have planned on a loss or Vokoun should not have been in the first place.

stb_steeler
02-27-2013, 12:48 PM
You cant win when your in the penalty box. Where the hell is the discipline!

Fire Haley
02-27-2013, 01:40 PM
It's the same exact crap from last year. I can just sense another early exit in the playoffs watching all this undisciplined arrogant play...

Lindy Ruff isn't looking bad right now

stb_steeler
02-27-2013, 03:01 PM
It's the same exact crap from last year. I can just sense another early exit in the playoffs watching all this undisciplined arrogant play...

Lindy Ruff isn't looking bad right now

It be a shame, especially with the point standings....:mad:
These guys have the talent to go all the way!

Fire Haley
02-27-2013, 09:26 PM
good news, I hope

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins Malkin skated for 30 minutes today in Pittsburgh.

"Malkin did skate back in Pittsburgh," head coach Dan Bylsma said. "He was symptom-free (Tuesday) and progressed to exercise today. I think he was on the ice for 30 minutes or so."

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=657783&navid=DL%7CPIT%7Chome

stb_steeler
02-28-2013, 12:26 PM
I doubt Gino plays tonight.....:noidea:

Fire Haley
02-28-2013, 01:21 PM
they already said he won't play this week on the road trip - we'll see next week

stb_steeler
02-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Kunitz-Crosby-Neal
Bennett-Sutter-Dupuis
Cooke-Jeffrey-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Orpik-Martin
Niskanen-Letang
Engelland-Bortuzzo
Eaton-Despres

stb_steeler
02-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Pens playing like their not even in the game.
Slow and turn overs!

Fire Haley
02-28-2013, 08:26 PM
Pens getting the shit kicked out of them

3-1 Canes

sluggermatt15
02-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Pens getting the shit kicked out of them

3-1 Canes

Now 4-1 Carolina. Pens just looking awful and out of sync. The PP looks like a mess and they keep turning the puck over. I don't get it. They played well in the final 2 games of the recent 3 game homestand, but now seem to forget how to play on the road...

Fire Haley
02-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Why the hell is Disco Dan putting Sid's line on the ice with 30sec to go in both periods - they gave up 2 goals both times by standing around on defense.

Hire Lindy

Fire Haley
02-28-2013, 10:08 PM
. Pens just looking awful and out of sync. The PP looks like a mess and they keep turning the puck over....

same old story

hard to believe they were winning this game easily till that last 30 sec of the 1st

sluggermatt15
03-01-2013, 07:51 AM
same old story

hard to believe they were winning this game easily till that last 30 sec of the 1st

Yep. This is what we see when the Penguins play like the typical Penguins. They have to break out of this funk. Seems like it happens every so often. IMO Carolina isn't even a great team. Especially considering a tall task against the Canadiens is tomorrow night in Canada. I hope Disco has his boys ready.

Why the hell is Disco Dan putting Sid's line on the ice with 30sec to go in both periods - they gave up 2 goals both times by standing around on defense.

Hire Lindy

Bylsma has to find a way to get this team righted! I think he has some expectations to deal with this year, and if he does not live up to them, there may be consequences. I agree that his coaching decisions during this game have been somewhat questionable.

Fire Haley
03-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Letang has been horrible too - he's been infected with the same 'drop pass to nowhere' turnover hockey that is now a staple of our offense.....and Martin is injured now, great.

I feel sorry for Vitale, stuck between Adams and Glass - wtf does Glass ever do but take penalties?
Still pissed Despres has been benched the last few games.

stb_steeler
03-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Yep. This is what we see when the Penguins play like the typical Penguins. They have to break out of this funk. Seems like it happens every so often. IMO Carolina isn't even a great team. Especially considering a tall task against the Canadiens is tomorrow night in Canada. I hope Disco has his boys ready.

Bylsma has to find a way to get this team righted! I think he has some expectations to deal with this year, and if he does not live up to them, there may be consequences. I agree that his coaching decisions during this game have been somewhat questionable.

Carolina hasnt won in the last 3 games until we showed up!.....:banging:

Fire Haley
03-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Geno enjoying his rest

y9GooiZ4AwM

stb_steeler
03-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Geno enjoying his rest

y9GooiZ4AwM

Seen this during intermission last night...Awesome!....Put his ass in lol

sluggermatt15
03-01-2013, 09:45 PM
Letang has been horrible too - he's been infected with the same 'drop pass to nowhere' turnover hockey that is now a staple of our offense.....and Martin is injured now, great.

I feel sorry for Vitale, stuck between Adams and Glass - wtf does Glass ever do but take penalties?
Still pissed Despres has been benched the last few games.

Despres may get the nod since Martin is hurt. Let's see if this team can deal with the injury adversity, It may define the next several weeks as the schedule toughens up - TB, Phi up next after tomorrow.

Fire Haley
03-02-2013, 06:15 AM
almost to the halfway point - Habs are a hot team right now, lets see how we look against Therrien's boys

Devils are tanking with Marty OUT, Philly, Rangers and Lightning not doing much better

Team PTS

*Canadiens 29
*Penguins 26
*Hurricanes 21
Bruins 28
Senators 27
Maple Leafs 26
Devils 24
Jets 21

Flyers 21
Rangers 20
Lightning 19
Islanders 18
Panthers 17
Sabres 17
Capitals 15

*Division leaders are seeded 1, 2, and 3 in Conference standings

Eastern Conference

Atlantic GP W L OTL Pts GF GA Diff Home Road Last 10 Streak

Pittsburgh 21 13 8 0 26 70 58 +12 5-4-0 8-4-0 5-5-0 Lost 2
New Jersey 20 10 6 4 24 49 52 -3 6-2-2 4-4-2 4-5-1 Lost 3
Philadelphia 22 10 11 1 21 64 67 -3 6-3-1 4-8-0 5-5-0 Won 1
NY Rangers 19 9 8 2 20 48 49 -1 7-4-1 2-4-1 5-3-2 Won 1
NY Islanders 21 8 11 2 18 61 73 -12 2-8-1 6-3-1 4-5-1 Lost 3

Northeast GP W L OTL Pts GF GA Diff Home Road Last 10 Streak

Montreal 20 13 4 3 29 58 43 +15 8-3-1 5-1-2 7-1-2 Won 1
Boston 17 13 2 2 28 51 36 +15 5-1-1 8-1-1 8-1-1 Won 5
Ottawa 21 12 6 3 27 49 39 +10 9-1-2 3-5-1 6-3-1 Lost 1
Toronto 22 13 9 0 26 64 55 +9 4-5-0 9-4-0 6-4-0 Won 1
Buffalo 21 8 12 1 17 54 67 -13 3-6-1 5-6-0 4-6-0 Won 2

Southeast GP W L OTL Pts GF GA Diff Home Road Last 10 Streak

Carolina 19 10 8 1 21 54 55 -1 4-4-0 6-4-1 5-4-1 Won 1
Winnipeg 20 10 9 1 21 55 61 -6 4-5-0 6-4-1 6-4-0 Won 3
Tampa Bay 20 9 10 1 19 71 64 +7 6-4-1 3-6-0 3-6-1 Lost 3
Florida 20 6 9 5 17 51 73 -22 3-4-4 3-5-1 2-4-4 Lost 1
Washington 19 7 11 1 15 52 59 -7 5-5-0 2-6-1 5-5-0 Lost 1

sluggermatt15
03-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Nice that the Pens have a game-in-hand over Philly. I think the Flyers play today too. Maybe we can catch them and TB on the down next week.

But I agree with your reasoning. We're struggling a little bit, but so are the teams behind us. It's not like the rest of the East is gaining ground on us while we're down. I guess timing is everything, ; ).

Fire Haley
03-02-2013, 02:02 PM
From the morning skate.

Eaton-Niskanen
Orpik-Letang
Despres-Engelland

oh no, not Vokoun again

Fire Haley
03-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Sid tells it like it is

"The last couple of games, I don't think it's been too good," said Crosby. "For whatever reason, we've been pretty loose with our coverage and made it pretty easy on the two teams we've played the last couple of games. I think that the focus has to be on our work ethic and making sure it's there every night.

"We have to realize we can't show up and win. We're a good team when we work hard as a group. We can't expect to show up in team's buildings on the road, just put our gear on and expect to win. We're a good team, but we're better than the last couple of games."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417199

sluggermatt15
03-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Sid tells it like it is

"The last couple of games, I don't think it's been too good," said Crosby. "For whatever reason, we've been pretty loose with our coverage and made it pretty easy on the two teams we've played the last couple of games. I think that the focus has to be on our work ethic and making sure it's there every night.

"We have to realize we can't show up and win. We're a good team when we work hard as a group. We can't expect to show up in team's buildings on the road, just put our gear on and expect to win. We're a good team, but we're better than the last couple of games."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417199

Thanks for sharing this story. I concur. The Penguins just can't "show up" and expect to win on the road (yet alone for any game!). The other team is going to come out pumped up with the crowd behind them. Add the fact they know they are playing Pittsburgh, Sidney Crosby, and a top team in the league, and that FORCES Pittsburgh to have to play tough.

IMO the Penguins have to be the aggressor. Run your offense, dump the puck, start cycling it in the offensive zone - get something going! Put pressure on the opposition. If it bites you in the bum, recover and realize what you did wrong. That's why there are coaches on the bench who sit there and watch the plays (aside from where the puck is).

Fire Haley
03-02-2013, 10:25 PM
7-6 in OT - hello Brandon Sutter

what a roller coaster - could the CBC broadcasters pull for the Habs any harder?

Pig Nosed boy has GOT to be benched! - this should have been an easy win - up 4-2 with a minute left in the period and ol turnip brain TK takes a penalty to open the floodgates

but at least they had some spark tonight, Despres showed up on the game winning rush - take that danny boy

SteelersCanada
03-02-2013, 10:43 PM

what a roller coaster - could the CBC broadcasters pull for the Habs any harder?

Pig Nosed boy has GOT to be benched! - this should have been an easy win - up 4-2 with a minute left in the period and ol turnip brain TK takes a penalty to open the floodgates

but at least they had some spark tonight, Despres showed up on the game winning rush - take that danny boy

The CBC is absolute trash in everything it does. Trust me, if it were up to most Canadians, it would've been scrapped a long time ago.

Fire Haley
03-02-2013, 11:12 PM
ole ole ole!

Fire Haley
03-03-2013, 05:31 AM
The CBC is absolute trash in everything it does. Trust me, if it were up to most Canadians, it would've been scrapped a long time ago.

oh yeah, Pens had some new guy named DAY-Pray that played a great game

announcer called him that for the whole 3 hrs, don't they speak french In Canada?

SteelersCanada
03-03-2013, 11:50 AM
oh yeah, Pens had some new guy named DAY-Pray that played a great game

announcer called him that for the whole 3 hrs, don't they speak french In Canada?

Which is a little pathetic considering the pandering the CBC does to the French in Quebec.

Oh, and most Canadians outside of Quebec - even in Ontario and we're right next door - can barely speak a word of French because honestly, who gives a shit.

stb_steeler
03-03-2013, 12:02 PM

I dont think either defense showed up last night... Looked more like hated rival Pens/Flyers game more than anything! But we'll take the W.....

sluggermatt15
03-03-2013, 12:14 PM

I also had the unfortunate opportunity to watch the game on the CBC feed... I agree they were biased towards the Habs. But it was great to watch the Pens win!

Our defense and goaltending has to get it together. We can't continue to give up 5-6 goals per game and think we can win. Penguins are at their best when the goalie makes saves and keeps them in the game. I just don't trust the consistency of the offense to be able to score at will. Yeah we've got the players to do so, but I'd rather see the Pens win 3-1, 2-1 games.

Great way to build momentum going into tomorrow night against Tampa at CEC.

Fire Haley
03-04-2013, 05:27 AM
Was looking at the Pens stats, TK has just 4 points in 22 games. Pens really screwed up when they signed Kennedy over Talbot.

Fire Haley
03-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Geno is baaaaack!

enjoy your time in the press box Beau - we gotta keep TK happy

SOB!

PIT puts Zach Boychuk on waivers

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/statuses/308626392529133568

Boychuk goes back to Carolina, they get first dibs on him if they want him, being that they lost him to waivers, they can claim him and send him directly back to Charlotte (AHL).

Fire Haley
03-05-2013, 12:00 AM
4-3 - good game, a rare 3rd period comeback, defense looked better, calmer

Not sure if you guys heard it, but Pierre McGuire said Cooke asked Malkin why he didn't pass it to him instead of Neal on the EN goal, and Geno replied, "Because you'd miss!"

Good stuff, because the empty netter ended up being the game winner

oh yeah...

jvLutZUMdIQ

SteelCityMom
03-05-2013, 07:10 AM
I fell asleep during the 2nd period last night...but let me get this straight. The game ended 4-3 and an empty netter was the winner? What kind of retard pulls his goalie in a tie game? No wonder the Lightening are in 13th place.

That is a pretty sick goal as well! Glad to see him back!

Fire Haley
03-05-2013, 07:57 AM
I fell asleep during the 2nd period last night...but let me get this straight. The game ended 4-3 and an empty netter was the winner? What kind of retard pulls his goalie in a tie game?

not quite

Pens were up 3-2 with a minute left, TB pulled their goalie

Pens scored empty netter - 4-2.

game over?

nope

Lightning scored with 8 sec left to make it 4-3 and were gunning for more to tie it up with 0.5 sec left.

Fire Haley
03-05-2013, 11:08 AM
trade talks are heating up

NOooooooooooooo! not Despres!

trading Despres would be beyond stupid - I'd trade Orpik or Adams first

Pens looking at Jack Johnson (Columbus), Jarome Iginla (Calgary).

The NHL trade deadline expires in less than a month.

The Penguins may again me be looking to strike before it by moving a young defenseman.

Simon Despres, 21, is available – and the Columbus Blue Jackets’ three senior members of hockey operations attended the Penguins’ 4-3 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning at Consol Energy Center on Monday night.

New general manager Jarmo Kekalainen, his assistant Chris MacFarland, and senior advisor Craig Patrick – who preceded Ray Shero as Penguins general manager – watched the game from the media level.

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/2013/03/05/tradelog-pens-looking-at-jack-johnson-columbus-jarome-iginla-calgary/

The Penguins are also exploring the possibility of adding a veteran winger, and there is reported buzz within the NHL that Shero is intrigued by Calgary right winger Jarome Iginla, who is the Flames’ captain.

DO IT!

Fire Haley
03-05-2013, 11:48 AM
plan the parade

Penguins Sign Forward Tom Kostopoulos

Kostopoulos’ contract is a two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level.

Kostopoulos will be placed on waivers on Tuesday at 12 p.m. If he clears waivers, he will be re-assigned to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Wednesday afternoon.

Kostopoulos, 34, re-joins the Penguins organization for his second stint after previously playing for the team between 2001-04, when he tallied 26 points (10G-16A) and 76 penalty minutes in 79 regular-season games.

The 6-foot, 197-pound Kostopoulos was originally drafted by the Penguins in the seventh round (204th overall) of the 1999 NHL Draft. His best season with the Penguins came in 2003-04 when he notched nine goals, 13 assists and 22 points in 60 games. His nine goals were a career high.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=658632&cmpid=pit-twt-penguins

stb_steeler
03-05-2013, 12:08 PM
I see Beua Bennet was sent back....
Geno made a hellava goal lastnight...Welcome back!!!!:applaudit:

Fire Haley
03-05-2013, 12:35 PM
I see Beua Bennet was sent back....

he's back up - Boychuk was claimed by Nashville so that opened up a slot for Beau on the Pens

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG: Beau Bennett actually is at the Penguins' practice, and is skating on a line with Malkin and Neal.

stb_steeler
03-05-2013, 01:01 PM
not quite

Pens were up 3-2 with a minute left, TB pulled their goalie

Pens scored empty netter - 4-2.

game over?

nope

Lightning scored with 8 sec left to make it 4-3 and were gunning for more to tie it up with 0.5 sec left.

If you ask me that was a high stick to make that goal....Garbage points!

sluggermatt15
03-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Was looking at the Pens stats, TK has just 4 points in 22 games. Pens really screwed up when they signed Kennedy over Talbot.

Yeah it sure seems that way. But you know, Talbot was the same way when he was with us. He would play in a lot of games but his production was low. The fans complained about it. I think what made him improve was leaving Pittsburgh for a change of scenery. He may have found his game in Philly. I think if he was still with us he'd be the same old Max. Sometimes a guy needs a new team to wake up.

Fire Haley
03-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Eaton suprised me, he looked pretty solid.

maybe we got a change of scenery gift there

SteelCityMom
03-06-2013, 08:06 AM
I guess I understand a little bit of frustration with TK, but comparing him to Talbot? It's not like Talbot was ever a mass producer of points for us. And Talbot is almost always in the minus column, whereas this year TK is a -1, and if you look at his stats, it's the only time he's got a minus on there.

Talbot had a good year with the Flyers last year, his best ever. Still not better than TK's best year ever, and not really better than what TK generally averages.

With the Flyers struggling this year, Talbot has one more point. In 23 games, Talbot has 1 goal and 4 assists. TK has 2 goals and 2 assists. I'm just not seeing where the front office has screwed up by keeping TK over Talbot. :noidea:

Oh, and Talbot consistently takes a lot more penalties than TK. In 6 years, TK has gotten 172 PIM. Talbot, in 8 years, has gotten 406.

Fire Haley
03-06-2013, 10:19 AM
I guess I understand a little bit of frustration with TK, but comparing him to Talbot? It's not like Talbot was ever a mass producer of points for us. .

No, but Talbot brought us some sandpaper, some grit.

We don't have much right now, and it will hurt down the road.

Cooke and Sutter are good 3rd liners, I have no problems with them. Adams as a decent 4th liners because he does everything a coach asks, good PKer, hits, fights, good D. I'd like Glass and TK to be replaced with someone with real grit and size. I'd love to get Rupp back for the 4th line (Glass is a horrible replacement),

Fire Haley
03-06-2013, 11:53 AM
more trade rumblings

PENGUINS

The Penguins have a number of young defensemen in their organization who are drawing interest, but we’ll see just how keen Shero is to divest himself of any of them for a rental player.

As I reported last week and it’s been reported elsewhere, the Penguins are believed to have interest in Flames winger Jarome Iginla but just how much they’d be willing to pay on that front, or whether Iginla would have any interest in waiving his no-trade clause to go to Pittsburgh, who knows. Not to mention that the Flames haven’t yet decided whether they’re even moving Iginla.

Know this, Shero has never been shy of trade-deadline moves, topped by the Marian Hossa deal in the 2007-08 season, which helped the Penguins reach the Stanley Cup finals.

But it’s going to have to be a sensible price for Shero to make any kind of trade this season. There’s some realization in Pittsburgh that you can’t trade away future assets year after year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/22544/rumblings-where-iginla-alfredsson-could-land

sluggermatt15
03-06-2013, 12:58 PM
No, but Talbot brought us some sandpaper, some grit.

We don't have much right now, and it will hurt down the road.

Cooke and Sutter are good 3rd liners, I have no problems with them. Adams as a decent 4th liners because he does everything a coach asks, good PKer, hits, fights, good D. I'd like Glass and TK to be replaced with someone with real grit and size. I'd love to get Rupp back for the 4th line (Glass is a horrible replacement),

Yeah Talbot was a grinder and played tough. I do miss that. Penguins need more of that, IMO. Maybe take one or more of these younger guys and turn them into a lower line player?

stb_steeler
03-06-2013, 06:51 PM
The Flyers may have a record that’s just under .500, putting them in fourth place in the Atlantic Division and one point out of a playoff spot. They’re not pleased with their first half of the season. But none of that matters heading into Thursday’s tilt against rival Pittsburgh – both teams always come to play in those games.

C'mon Thursday night!!!!

Fire Haley
03-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I know you homerific yinzers never watch any other hockey but the Pens but, Mark Staal took a nasty shot to the face in that game last night.

I happened to catch the replay of that - holy shit!, I thought it blew his eyeball out

faceshields are the way to go

stb_steeler
03-06-2013, 07:28 PM
I know you homerific yinzers never watch any other hockey but the Pens but, Mark Staal took a nasty shot to the face in that game last night.

I happened to catch the replay of that - holy shit!, I thought it blew his eyeball out

faceshields are the way to go

HAHA your wrong, i did see it! :nana:

stb_steeler
03-06-2013, 07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGIA6V96Hhs

Fire Haley
03-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Pens at Flyers tonight

a win could just about put the nail in the coffin for their season

Have to be disciplined, sometimes it´s better to slow the tempo down and play some defense. Just look at what the Rangers and Devils are doing vs Flyers. Flyers are absolutely toothless against them.. Being on the road could possibly help us with it.

stb_steeler
03-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Stay out of the penalty box, eliminate the turn overs, keep a level head, dont play down to their level......

Fire Haley
03-07-2013, 11:08 PM
LOL

Pens / Flyers never fail to entertain!

hahahahah - Flyers - - - hahahahah

stb_steeler
03-08-2013, 10:49 AM
I thought we we goners after that 4-1 score.. Glad to see our boys came back and made the Flyers look defenseless.

Fire Haley
03-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Kunitz is having an unbelievable year

Sid was in beast mode. He dominated every inch of the ice and Beau was 100% responsible for Neal's goal....and yes, I laughed when Kennedy scored.

Vokoun: very solid performance when there was no margin for error.

I still don't understand why Despres was benched, but I'll give Bylsma a pass today.

stb_steeler
03-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Bennett kid is coming along nicely...He is a smart player and has eyes in the back of his head.:applaudit:

sluggermatt15
03-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Great win last night. Way to come back from being down 4-1, against a rival on the road. I was really impressed. It's nice to see Kunitz elevating his game. He appears more in sync and in rhythm with the offense. Maybe he is starting to find his role... whatever it is I hope he keeps it up!

My concerns... the PK. We yielded 2 more PPGs last night. The Flyers seem to kill our PK every time we play them. I cannot remember the last time we held them off the board on the PP. This leads me...

Fleury. Somehow he cannot solve the Flyers. They seem to get to him. He can never produce a shutout against them or hold them to a goal. They must be able to somehow get inside his head. Vokoun got the W last night, but Flower's GAA will take a hit. He's got to find a way to elevate his game against Philly. Especially if we play them in the playoffs again.

Fire Haley
03-09-2013, 10:59 AM
Sid single-handedly demolished the Flyers

http://imgius.com/photos/20130309136283102134196.gif

It's Hockey Night in Canada!

Crush the Leafs

sluggermatt15
03-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Sid single-handedly demolished the Flyers

http://imgius.com/photos/20130309136283102134196.gif

It's Hockey Night in Canada!

Crush the Leafs

I agree on both ends. *** the Leafs!! We owe them for beating us earlier this season. We've played moderately well in Toronto since the lockout so I hope Lady Luck is on our side tonight! Plus, it's always nice to beat the Canadian teams. :tt02:

stb_steeler
03-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Great win last night. Way to come back from being down 4-1, against a rival on the road. I was really impressed. It's nice to see Kunitz elevating his game. He appears more in sync and in rhythm with the offense. Maybe he is starting to find his role... whatever it is I hope he keeps it up!

My concerns... the PK. We yielded 2 more PPGs last night. The Flyers seem to kill our PK every time we play them. I cannot remember the last time we held them off the board on the PP. This leads me...

Fleury. Somehow he cannot solve the Flyers. They seem to get to him. He can never produce a shutout against them or hold them to a goal. They must be able to somehow get inside his head. Vokoun got the W last night, but Flower's GAA will take a hit. He's got to find a way to elevate his game against Philly. Especially if we play them in the playoffs again.

Flyers always seem to get garbage goals on Fleury....:mad:

Fire Haley
03-09-2013, 01:21 PM
"According to Ron Cook of the Post-Gazette and 93.7 The Fan, Vokoun told his teammates to stop playing dumb hockey. Stop making silly plays with the puck, play simple, and everything will fall into place."

I could of told them that

Fire Haley
03-09-2013, 01:24 PM
#Pens coach Bylsma said Marc-Andre Fleury will be tonight's starting goaltender against the Maple Leafs.

SteelCityMom
03-09-2013, 01:45 PM
"According to Ron Cook of the Post-Gazette and 93.7 The Fan, Vokoun told his teammates to stop playing dumb hockey. Stop making silly plays with the puck, play simple, and everything will fall into place."

I could of told them that

Haha! Nice one Vokoun.

Sometimes you need to hear it from a teammate. Surprised Brooks hasn't blown his top yet lol.

sluggermatt15
03-09-2013, 02:54 PM
#Pens coach Bylsma said Marc-Andre Fleury will be tonight's starting goaltender against the Maple Leafs.

I like this move. Give Flower the opportunity to redeem himself. I bet he is itching to get out there and put together a solid 60 minutes.

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 12:39 AM
Well that was a draining game. 5-4 shootout win after giving up a 3-1 lead.

Fun to watch wide open games though., you gotta admit.

Sid was a beast all night again, I'd say the rust is officially off him and Beau is fitting in nicely on Malkins line

MALKIN UPDATE: Upper body injury on Malkin. Not a head injury. He was kept out for precautionary reasons.

shoulder is what I'm hearing

sluggermatt15
03-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Well that was a draining game. 5-4 shootout win after giving up a 3-1 lead.

Fun to watch wide open games though., you gotta admit.

Sid was a beast all night again, I'd say the rust is officially off him and Beau is fitting in nicely on Malkins line

MALKIN UPDATE: Upper body injury on Malkin. Not a head injury. He was kept out for precautionary reasons.

shoulder is what I'm hearing

I wonder if he is day-to-day, and if he will play tonight. I sure hope he is not going to miss more time. Smart coaching move to keep him on the bench; no need to risk sending him out there.

It was a fun game to watch, up and down the ice. Still, the PK looked pretty bad. I believe Toronto converted on 2 of 3 PPs. Pens need to get it together on defense. On the Leafs 2nd goal, why was Letang playing in front of the net? He's not even a big player. I believe Orpik usually works with the screener...

Are we looking at Vokoun tonight?

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Are we looking at Vokoun tonight?

haven't heard anything yet... Islanders usually play us tough

and yes, the PK sucks - 23rd in the league

So passive. they just stand around and let teams do whatever they want with it

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 11:01 PM
6-1

Sid blows them out of the water - 5 assists.

Kunitz with the hat trick = SOCK MONKEYS covering the ice

http://3.cdn.nhle.com/penguins/v2/ext/images/201213Promos/PromoItems/PromoItems%202/20130108_Promotional_Items_064.jpg

hahahah

stb_steeler
03-11-2013, 11:19 AM
Congrats Kunitz on the hat trick :applaudit:

stb_steeler
03-11-2013, 11:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXSLY8Ovk98

stb_steeler
03-11-2013, 01:08 PM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/BFCvbB-CUAEUcH3_zps08aac7ed.jpg

Fire Haley
03-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Evgeni Malkin will sit out 1-2 weeks

Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin will sit out one to two weeks with an upper-body injury, coach Dan Bylsma said Sunday.

The injury is not related to the concussion that had sidelined the league's MVP for four games, the coach said.

Malkin appeared to hurt his shoulder in the final minutes of regulation in a 5-4 overtime victory against Toronto on Saturday night

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9039163/pittsburgh-penguins-evgeni-malkin-1-2-weeks-shoulder-injury

stb_steeler
03-11-2013, 07:07 PM
A five-assist game on Sunday night against the New York Islanders helped Penguins captain Sidney Crosby earn the NHL’s ‘Second Star’ award for the week ending March 10.
Crosby’s five assists against the Islanders marked the second time in his career that he’s had five helpers in a game, and the first time he’s done so since Dec. 13, 2006 against Philadelphia. It was also the fifth time in his career that Crosby has recorded five or more points in a game.

Crosby led all players last week in both points (11) and assists (9) in four games played. In fact, Crosby’s nine assists were equal to the point totals of the second-highest scorers – linemate Chris Kunitz and Anaheim’s Ryan Getzlaf.

The NHL’s leading scorer with 45 points (12G-33A), Crosby began the week with a goal and an assist against Tampa Bay on March 4. He followed that up with three helpers in the Penguins’ dramatic 6-5 comeback win at Philadelphia on March 6. Crosby scored once in Pittsburgh’s 5-4 shootout victory at Toronto on March 9.

On Tuesday night, Crosby will be looking to build up his season-long eight-game point streak when the Penguins host the Boston Bruins at 7:30 p.m. at CONSOL Energy Center. During his run, Crosby has amassed five goals, 15 assists and 20 points for a 2.5 point-per-game average.

Fire Haley
03-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Big game with the Bruins tonight - they played late in Ottawa in a shootout last night- maybe they'll be feeling sleepy

stb_steeler
03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
The Bruins are an interesting team when it comes to special teams. They have the NHL’s No. 1-ranked penalty kill that's allowed just seven power-play goals against on 91 chances for an obscene 92.3 percent success rate, with Chara and defense partner Dennis Seidenberg anchoring their top unit. However, their power play has been an anomaly this season, as it’s one of the NHL’s least successful. But it says a lot about their team that they’re winning games despite their struggles there.

sluggermatt15
03-12-2013, 07:02 PM
The Bruins are an interesting team when it comes to special teams. They have the NHL’s No. 1-ranked penalty kill that's allowed just seven power-play goals against on 91 chances for an obscene 92.3 percent success rate, with Chara and defense partner Dennis Seidenberg anchoring their top unit. However, their power play has been an anomaly this season, as it’s one of the NHL’s least successful. But it says a lot about their team that they’re winning games despite their struggles there.

Interesting stats there. IMO concerning Boston's lackluster PP, it depends on how many penalties they are drawing. If they are drawing penalties and not scoring, then they are not a very opportunistic hockey team. If it's the opposite, then it may reflect their rugged style of play. Based on this, the Pens will need to make due if they receive any PP opportunities. Not having Malkin does not help. Hope Kunitz can keep it going in his absence! :tt04:

Fire Haley
03-12-2013, 10:19 PM
woo-hoo!

What comeback!

down 0-2 in the 3rd

3-2

Brandon Sutter is a GOD!

take that beantown

stb_steeler
03-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Pens really need to work on their PP......

stb_steeler
03-13-2013, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE8oyZBqd6k

sluggermatt15
03-13-2013, 07:17 PM
Wow what a game! Great comeback by Pittsburgh and it was nice to see Sutter step up and come through. My hat goes off to him. Also makes me smile Kunitz scored another goal. 18 thus far, that is awesome production out of him. I liked the way we played when we were down 2-0. I say this because we demonstrated a lot of effort and a relentless effort to create scoring chances. Pens just couldn't fit the space behind Khudobin. When you never give up, you finally get something, and that was the first goal.

Love what I am seeing out of this team in terms of spirit and effort. Just hope they can find a way to work on the defense and PK. Come playoff time we will NEED special teams to be clicking. Let's bring it strong against the Leafs tomorrow at ACC!!

Fire Haley
03-14-2013, 11:00 AM
Lets go!

7 in a row!

stb_steeler
03-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Come on 7pm......:tt02:

Fire Haley
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
don't even bother watching the first 50 min anymore

3 goals in 7 min is plenty!

Fleury deserved this one. Sid was all we needed to take the 3rd.

Orpik - you suck!

Oh Leafs, just give us Kessel now, you know you're doomed when you can't win a game like that

stb_steeler
03-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Hell every time i leave the room during the 3rd period they score! :toofunny:

stb_steeler
03-15-2013, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmxE2Pj8k40

sluggermatt15
03-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Pascal Dupuis and Chris Kunitz have been VERY clutch this season, to date. I'm loving it. It's amazing how these guys are stepping up. It seems like when the Pens are down, someone makes a play and turns the game into a win. I'm enjoying this ride and I hope we keep it strong this weekend! Two tough games back-to-back.

LET'S GO PENS!!!

Fire Haley
03-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Kick em when they're down!

OK Sid - time to finish of the Rags today (I hate early games)

sluggermatt15
03-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Kick em when they're down!

OK Sid - time to finish of the Rags today (I hate early games)

I am not a fan of these matinee games either. I'd much rather watch a night game. Now what am I going to do tonight? lol j/k :banging:

Crosby's been on fire. Rangers are struggling. This is an important division game for the Pens. If I recall correctly they have been mediocre against the division over the past few seasons. That needs to change. Rangers have had our # at CONSOL. Hoping that changes today! :tt02:

sluggermatt15
03-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Wooo hooo 8-game winning streak!!! Pens looked pretty solid. There were a few times when we were up 1-0 I thought the Rangers were going to tie the game. They had some good scoring chances, but Fleury made the saves. Hats off to him. I was glad to see him earn a shutout. He definitely deserved it, and is now the franchise's all-time shutout leader with 23 career shutouts! Congrats MAF!!!

Fire Haley
03-16-2013, 05:02 PM
Rags are done.

I was afraid Pens would just wear themselves out skating circles around them all game but they held on to get Fleury his shutout.

way to go 8-0!

CrickRat23
03-17-2013, 05:49 PM
The Pens are on a nine game win streak after a win against the Bruins today. This team is looking pretty good right now.

Fire Haley
03-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Vokoun, Joe Vitale - heros of the day!

Sid still beats them all...suck it Boston, you diving wenches

Hope Letang isn't hurt bad.

stb_steeler
03-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Great way to hold em off...The D is looking good!

CrickRat23
03-18-2013, 01:01 PM
I agree the D has been playing pretty good. The penalty kill has also looked pretty sharp. Any word on Letang and his injury.

stb_steeler
03-18-2013, 03:14 PM
LOSING LETANG
Defenseman Kris Letang suffered a lower-body injury late in the first period and did not return in the game. Head coach Dan Bylsma said after the game that Letang will be further evaluated. With Letang out, the remaining five defensemen – Brooks Orpik, Paul Martin, Matt Niskanen, Mark Eaton and Deryk Engelland – had to adjust accordingly.

sluggermatt15
03-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Vokoun, Joe Vitale - heros of the day!

Sid still beats them all...suck it Boston, you diving wenches

Hope Letang isn't hurt bad.

SO happy we beat Boston. Can't stand them. Like how we've been beating up on them lately. I hope it continues.

Crosby's goal was a thing of beauty. Love the way he's playing since Malkin went down. Hope Letang isn't hurt too bad. We need him in the lineup. Way to go for Vokoun. He rose to the task and really made some nice saves and plays. My hat goes off to him. Nice way to stand in for Flower on the second of back-to-backs.

stb_steeler
03-19-2013, 11:53 AM
It seems Letang been out hurt quite a bit this season :doh:

Fire Haley
03-20-2013, 01:50 AM
10 in a row bitches!

Huge 4 minute penalty kill - then - the winning goal!

Fleury is back, Good team defense. Not a great game but they did enough to keep the win streak alive.

steelax04
03-20-2013, 09:27 AM
10 in a row bitches!

Huge 4 minute penalty kill - then - the winning goal!

Fleury is back, Good team defense. Not a great game but they did enough to keep the win streak alive.

I've been on the fence about hockey and since I get the Caps games I figured I would watch last night. That four minute PK and then the 3-2 rush for the game winner made me jump out of my seat and my wife yelled downstairs to see what was wrong. I think that officially makes me a fan now.

stb_steeler
03-20-2013, 11:27 AM
It seems the team doesnt play as well when Letang is out. But Flower was excellent again :hatsoff:

stb_steeler
03-20-2013, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFO-3R5JbDs

CrickRat23
03-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Flower has really been seeing the puck well these last few games. He definatly has kept them in some games. I hope the offense can pick it up and get back to scoring 4 or 5 goals a game. They need to take some pressure off of Flower.

stb_steeler
03-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Evgeni Malkin continues to practice with his teammates since Tuesday. He's hopeful to be in the lineup Friday against the Islanders.

Kris Letang skated on his own Wednesday and Thursday. He's iisted as day-to-day.

PENGUINS:
D Kris Letang, lower body
F Evgeni Malkin, upper body

ISLANDERS:
D Matt Carkner, groin
D Calvin de Haan, shoulder
F Michael Grabner, shoulder
F Jesse Joensuu, sports hernia
G Anders Nilsson, undisclosed
D Brian Strait, fractured ankle
F David Ullstrom, groin

Fire Haley
03-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Looks like Geno could be back against the Isles - nothing about Letang

Malkin working on the power play with Niskanen, Crosby, Kunitz and Neal. #Pens -MC/PensInsideScoop/

stb_steeler
03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
Can't wait...C'mon 7 pm.......:popcorn:

stb_steeler
03-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Pittsburgh Penguins
Neither Evgeni Malkin nor Kris Letang will play tonight against the New York Islanders. Both are still day-to-day, per coach Bylsma.

Matt Cooke will be in the game, as will Tomas Vokoun.

sluggermatt15
03-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Pittsburgh Penguins
Neither Evgeni Malkin nor Kris Letang will play tonight against the New York Islanders. Both are still day-to-day, per coach Bylsma.

Matt Cooke will be in the game, as will Tomas Vokoun.

Not a bad game by Vokoun last evening. He made some stellar saves in urgent times. I don't think the second goal he allowed was his fault. The defense did not box out Josh Bailey in front of the net. Other than that I am pleased with Vokoun's play as of late.

Too bad Malkin and Letang are still out. Would love to see them return as soon as they can. It's great to see this team is holding down the fort while they are injured. Guys are stepping up and making plays. Sid has emerged as the best player in the league, MAF is shining. We're not taking as many stupid penalites as we did last year.

The next 4 or 5 are at home. It's time to re-establish to the league that we can win at home. I'd like to see this team start to play more comfortably there. It's inevitable we will have home ice advantage throughout the Eastern Conference playoffs if we keep up our winning ways. Definitely something great to have, and I think it's something the Penguins can benefit from.

Keep it goin' boys! :tt02:

Fire Haley
03-23-2013, 10:22 AM
11-0 baby!

ugly win against the Isles - but Vokoun gets an assist! atta boy - you saved the game in the 1st

meanwhile, who the hell is Trevor Smith?

I see they placed malkin on IR - enjoy the rest Geno

sluggermatt15
03-23-2013, 12:38 PM
11-0 baby!

ugly win against the Isles - but Vokoun gets an assist! atta boy - you saved the game in the 1st

meanwhile, who the hell is Trevor Smith?

I see they placed malkin on IR - enjoy the rest Geno

Interesting that Malkin is now on IR. I heard earlier this week he was skating with teammates. So it looks like he will not return as soon as I thought. Hmm. Might as well rest him up for the playoffs if that is what it takes. Hard to believe the Pens only have 16 games left.

Initially, I thought Letang's injury was worse than Geno's. Because I don't believe a timetable was given on Kris' injury.

Agree it was an ugly win. Seems like every time we play the Isles at NY we always go down early or trail. So glad we won't have to play in that building much longer... Pens have a pretty poor record there, anyway.

Fire Haley
03-23-2013, 03:08 PM
fun fact for the game:

Thomas Vokoun is now leading Tanner Glass in points.

sluggermatt15
03-24-2013, 10:21 AM
fun fact for the game:

Thomas Vokoun is now leading Tanner Glass in points.

Haha, that's great. In a sense it's not difficult for a goalie to assist on an empty net goal. All they have to do is make a long pass that is well placed, like Vokoun did the other night, and scoring an EN goal is a possibility. Dupuis has 15 goals now. Wow. I believe team lead is Kunitz with 19.

I expect Flower back in net tonight. Dear Penguins, please play defense tonight. You will need to in order to win.

Fire Haley
03-24-2013, 11:52 AM
#Flyers say Briere has upper-body injury and won't play tonight

#Malkin and Letang out. Fleury will start.

#Penguins Kennedy will return to Pens' lineup tonight.

Fire Haley
03-24-2013, 06:58 PM
Dallas Stars forward Brenden Morrow has waived his no-trade clause to help his team complete a trade with Pittsburgh that sees the veteran sent to the Penguins.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/2011/10/13/morrow_84323.jpg

He has spent his entire 12-year career with the Stars. In 835 career games he has 243 goals and 285 assists.

A member of Canada' Olympic Gold Medal-winning team in 2010, Brenden Morrow also has 78 career playoff games under his belt. He has 17 goals and 25 assists in the post-season

The Pens also receive a third-round draft pick in 2013 in exchange for prospect defenceman Joe Morrow and a fifth-round pick in 2013.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Fire Haley
03-24-2013, 10:26 PM
12-0!

OT is fine with me

8 games in a row allowing less that 3 goals - Fleury is playing solid....that and a patient Pens team is all it takes.

Sid is blazing

stb_steeler
03-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Good solid game last night.... Cant wait till Malkin & Letang get back!

CrickRat23
03-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Pens are hot right now. This win streak is giving Malkin some much needed rest and recovery time. When he comes back ( and Letang ) this team will be scary good. I also hope that Brenden Morrow can bring some veteran leadership similar to what Billy Guerin did a few years back. Keep it up Pens.

Fire Haley
03-25-2013, 02:39 PM
The Pittsburgh Penguins have acquired defenseman Douglas Murray via trade with the San Jose Sharks.

In return, the Sharks get Pittsburgh’s 2013 second-round pick. The Pens are also obliged to send a 2014 second-rounder to San Jose if Murray re-signs with Pittsburgh this summer.

In 29 games this season, the 33-year-old defenseman has three assists and 26 penalty minutes. He is averaging a little over 17 minutes of ice-time per game.

Murray is playing in the final year of a four-year, $10 million contract that carries an annual average value of $2.5 million against the salary cap. He will be an unrestricted free agent at the conclusion of the year.

http://nhl.si.com/2013/03/25/penguins-strike-again-add-douglas-murray-from-san-jose/

so, we got our Chara - biiiiiiiiiiig slow moving defenseman from the Sharks

KMYNurmRO7s

Cup or bust!

so who sits? - better not be Despres - Letang, Niskanen, Martin, Orpik, Eaton, Engelland and now Murray. That's 7 veteran defensemen.

stb_steeler
03-25-2013, 03:05 PM
I dont understand picking up a 240lbs defenseman......Dont like the deal :doh:

stb_steeler
03-25-2013, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mu15zs3i9U

Fire Haley
03-25-2013, 04:05 PM

Gearing up for Boston. I'd say. Tough net clearing guys to protect Fleury is what we're getting.

Pens are already loaded with talent on offense and have tons of D prospects - Despres, Pouliot, Maata, Harrington, Samuelsson, Bortuzzo, Doumouli - - it's all about The Cup now.

They already have the talent....

They are filling up on character guys.....

stb_steeler
03-25-2013, 04:16 PM
We didnt need to give up a 2nd round draft for this guy...we're loaded, plus this guy Murray had alot of penalty time.... I dont like the deal :noidea:

Fire Haley
03-25-2013, 05:18 PM
We didnt need to give up a 2nd round draft for this guy...we're loaded, plus this guy Murray had alot of penalty time.... I dont like the deal :noidea:

we can always get more draft picks -, the hell with 3-4 years down the road - most hockey picks never make it to a NHL roster level anyway....I'm sick of 1st rd losses in the playoffs, add some grit, do whatever you can Shero

Fire Haley
03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
this puts it into better perspective...Hockey is NOT football!

THE VALUE OF A DRAFT PICK?

In the last 10 years there were 2700 players drafted and only 439 of them (16.2%) turned into NHL players.

FIRST ROUND (286 picks)

25 became dominant players. (8.8%)
148 turned into decent players. (51.7%)
113 were short lived or busts (39.5%)

SECOND ROUND (326 picks)

4 became dominant players. (1.2%)
70 turned into decent players. (21.5%)
252 were short lived or busts. (77.3%)

http://oilersnation.com/2011/2/25/value-in-acquiring-draft-picks

sluggermatt15
03-25-2013, 08:58 PM

I'm not a fan of this deal either. I like our current set of defensemen. They seem to be playing just fine. Despres will work his way into being a solid player, I can see it.

I'm afraid this Doug Murray will be like an Eric Godard-type player. He's used for enforcer purposes and won't contribute much to scoring and killing penalties. A second-round pick is too steep of a price for a guy like that. Maybe a fourth or fifth rounder, but not a second. SMH.

Fire Haley
03-26-2013, 09:03 AM
Morrow and Murray add an element of toughness, coach Dan Bylsma said.

The Penguins have not admitted they lacked that attribute in their last three playoff losses — all to lower-seeded opponents — but Shero and Bylsma have each recently referred to a favorite phrase: “tough to play against.”

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/3721657-74/penguins-murray-shero#ixzz2OeFTkQlF

Gearing up for a 7 game series with Boston - that's what we're doing.

stb_steeler
03-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Morrow and Murray add an element of toughness, coach Dan Bylsma said.

The Penguins have not admitted they lacked that attribute in their last three playoff losses — all to lower-seeded opponents — but Shero and Bylsma have each recently referred to a favorite phrase: “tough to play against.”

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/3721657-74/penguins-murray-shero#ixzz2OeFTkQlF

Gearing up for a 7 game series with Boston - that's what we're doing.

Thats great an all, but if this guy sits in the box alot during those 7 games with Boston, what good will that be?

Fire Haley
03-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Thats great an all, but if this guy sits in the box alot during those 7 games with Boston, what good will that be?

Can we get to the post season before the crying starts?

Headline: Pens win the Cup!!!! - Pens fans still not happy, worried about next 12 years!

Fire Haley
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM
13-0!

they are geting uglier - I'd almost trade this win for a healthy Fleury

nice hit pigboy

http://i50.tinypic.com/70akp4.jpg

CrickRat23
03-26-2013, 10:28 PM
I missed the game tonight, so I did not get to see how they played. But it was a shutout and another win so its all good.

Fire Haley
03-27-2013, 12:00 AM
PK and some lucky goaltending bounces saved us. it was all Habs for 50 min

Neal is totally lost without Malkin. Hope Kennedy didn't give Fleury a concussion.

stb_steeler
03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Can we get to the post season before the crying starts?

Headline: Pens win the Cup!!!! - Pens fans still not happy, worried about next 12 years!

So what you are saying is, people cant state their opinion. Its sports talk, its what we do!

CrickRat23
03-27-2013, 01:07 PM
What happened to Flower? Did Morrow play?

Fire Haley
03-27-2013, 01:27 PM
Kris Letang has been placed on Pittsburgh's injured reserve list again after he sustained a broken toe in his return to the lineup Tuesday night.

The Penguins placed Letang on injured reserve Wednesday with what the team called a lower-body injury, and recalled defenseman Simon Despres from the American Hockey League

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nhl/180941/kris-letang-(broken-toe)-heads-back-to-ir

-----------------

if it isn't one thing it's another

maybe some good news?

Bylsma: Letang lower body, 7-10 days; Malkin still day to day; Fleury still being evaluated but not ruled out as backup Thu

https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/316962168614567936

Fire Haley
03-27-2013, 01:32 PM
What happened to Flower?

Did Morrow play?

Fleury got clobbered in the head by Kennedy - could be just a neck strain

Morrow didn't look too bad, scrappy in the corners, gave out some hits, about what I expected

Still, Bylsma benched Vitale for Glass yet again, bring back Joe! - Joe brings life to the 4th line - why won't they listen to me?

Fire Haley
03-27-2013, 01:40 PM
So what you are saying is, people cant state their opinion. Its sports talk, its what we do!

state your opinion then be prepared to take shit for it

that's real sports talk :tt02:

stb_steeler
03-27-2013, 03:08 PM
state your opinion then be prepared to take shit for it

that's real sports talk :tt02:

Yeah ok.....:doh:

Fire Haley
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
this board is fucking dead - there's only just you and me to argue hockey anyway

Habs/Bruins tonight -- I might have to check them out

stb_steeler
03-27-2013, 04:35 PM
this board is fucking dead - there's only just you and me to argue hockey anyway

Habs/Bruins tonight -- I might have to check them out

Guess i'll watch it myself...BORED!

sluggermatt15
03-27-2013, 09:22 PM
Fleury got clobbered in the head by Kennedy - could be just a neck strain

Morrow didn't look too bad, scrappy in the corners, gave out some hits, about what I expected

Still, Bylsma benched Vitale for Glass yet again, bring back Joe! - Joe brings life to the 4th line - why won't they listen to me?

I also prefer Vitale. Guy makes plays on the fourth line and he scores from time to time... he had a big goal the other night, even though it was only his second of the season. Glass has to pick it up, IMO. I wish Byslma would continue to play Vitale instead of him but maybe Joe can show Disco he deserves the spot on the fourth line.

I hope Flower is all right. I would assume he was kept out of the 3rd period due to precautionary reasons. Bylsma is the kind of coach who would do that and NOT take any risks by leaving him in. A move that I agree with.

Fire Haley
03-27-2013, 10:47 PM
What a wild game that was - Habs down 0-2, come back to tie the game with 8 sec left, 5-5, 3 goals in the 3rd

Habs then get a 6 rd shoot-out win - that's entertainment!

now looks like Iginla to Boston

SteelCityMom
03-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Shit just got real...

I like the trade, I've wanted Iginla here for a long time. Maybe a sign of something more serious with Malkin right now? Or maybe just beefing up as much as they can for the playoffs. Not sure, but I love it.

Flames trade Iginla to Penguins
Thursday, 03.28.2013 / 3:44 AM / 2013 Trade Deadline
By Shawn P. Roarke - NHL.com Senior Managing Editor

In a shocking turn of events on a wild Thursday morning, the Calgary Flames announced that they've traded franchise icon Jarome Iginla to the Pittsburgh Penguins for the Pens' first-round pick in the 2013 NHL Draft and the rights to unsigned draft choices Kenneth Agostino and Ben Hanowski.

Throughout much of Wednesday night, several media outlets reported Iginla was being traded to the Boston Bruins for a first-round pick and two minor leaguers. But the Flames announced the deal with Pittsburgh at 1:30 a.m. ET Thursday, not long after their 4-3 home victory against Colorado -- a game that Calgary played without Iginla, who was scratched about two hours before the opening faceoff.

"That info was not correct," Calgary general manager Jay Feaster said of the reports.

Penguins GM Ray Shero said he made sure to let Feaster know he wanted in on any talks concerning Iginla.

"We talked to Jay and said if you're going to move Iginla, we would be interested," Shero said. "Over the last day or so, it became apparent they were going to move him. We started getting into more names and scenarios."

The addition of an unconditional first-round pick clinched the deal.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=662496&navid=nhl:topheads

In all reality, our lineup right now should be illegal lol.

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 06:22 AM
woo-hoo!

that's what I'm talkin' about

oh shit, Boston fans are having a conniption

SteelCityMom
03-28-2013, 06:34 AM
I am in absolute shock right now. I didn't even know that Shero was still trying to get him.

2 captains in a week, plus a bruising defenseman? Yes please, and thank you!

In Shero we trust.

Puts a ton of pressure on the Pens now though...anything less than a SCF is total failure at this point. They're looking good for it right now though.

SteelCityMom
03-28-2013, 06:39 AM
All three pickups were absolute steals as well. Especially Iginla. I cannot believe what they gave up their captain for. We don't really need the picks anyway. We've got a fairly young team, with lots of talent in the AHL...Pens are set.

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 06:44 AM
Shero just trolled the whole hockey world

Trolololololololololololololololololololololololol ololololololololololololololololololololololololol ololololololololololololololololololololololololol ololololololololololololololololololololololololol ololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Iginla for two college kids and a 29th pick

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 06:59 AM
I am in absolute shock right now. I didn't even know that Shero was still trying to get him. .

Twitter was all over the Iginla to Boston trade

It was a FACT - ESPN and TSN reporters announced it as FACT

Shereo says twitter is for morons!

TROLLED!

BWAhahahahah

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 07:06 AM
Iginla re-united with Sid

press conferences

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/hc-lots-of-hockey-left-in-iginla/

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 07:39 AM
This is the silver lining for losing out on Parise this off-season

Pens cleard $10M in cap to afford Parise and has since not made any moves up or down the cap so there you go...pro-rated salaries of Murray, Morrow and Iginla is just about $6m in total..

leaving the Pens STILL with $4M in cap space and keeping the active roster intact

oh..and...

HAHAHAHAHHAHA BOSTON HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 08:52 AM
NHL InsiderAaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl 11s-Iginla traded to Bruins #TSN

Boston fans?

http://i50.tinypic.com/15s3n1z.gif

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 10:25 AM
ha ha

Lovin' it...

Kick to the face, kick to the gut: An evening with the Boston Bruins

What the hell just happened?

The sting of losing a wildly uneven game to the Montreal Canadiens Wednesday night was at least tempered as Bruins fans went to bed with the comforting thought that Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla indeed appeared like he was going to trade his burning “C” for a spoked “B,” a shrewd move by Boston GM Peter Chiarelli that would dramatically improve the Bruins’ offense.

By sunrise, the stark reality smacked them awake like one of Tyler Seguin’s smelling salts. Iginla is in Pittsburgh, traded for an inferior package, and leaving Boston with a 1-2 punch to the gut with only one point in the standings to show for it.

As if the Bruins’ 6-5 loss to the Canadiens weren’t painful enough, blowing a two-goal, third-period lead, and ultimately losing in a dreadful shootout, Boston lost out on their guy by no fault of its own. The Bruins reportedly offered Calgary a package that included defenseman Matt Bartkowski, 19-year-old center Alexander Khokhlachev, and a first-round draft pick. But Iginla has a no-movement clause, and he told Flames GM Jay Feaster that he’d rather play for the Penguins.

The cost? Two college kids and a first-round draft pick.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2013/03/kick_to_the_fac.html?comments=all#aComments

stb_steeler
03-28-2013, 11:42 AM
I also prefer Vitale. Guy makes plays on the fourth line and he scores from time to time... he had a big goal the other night, even though it was only his second of the season. Glass has to pick it up, IMO. I wish Byslma would continue to play Vitale instead of him but maybe Joe can show Disco he deserves the spot on the fourth line.

I hope Flower is all right. I would assume he was kept out of the 3rd period due to precautionary reasons. Bylsma is the kind of coach who would do that and NOT take any risks by leaving him in. A move that I agree with.

Vokoun gets the start tonight....

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
(@JoshYoyo_Trib)"Recently asked a member of Pens organization to give me top 10 prospects in organization. Neither Agostino nor Hanowsi made the list".

I don't even care if they lose tonight

New lines?....I'll go with...

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla

Neal - Malkin - Dupuis

Morrow - Sutter - Bennett

Cooke - Vitale - Adams (but you know Bylsma will put Kennedy in there

Iginla/Crosby/Neal/Letang/Malkin. That PP is sick. A second unit of Bennett/Sutter/Kunitz/Niskanen/Martin isn't bad either, haha.

Somebody find me a jersey

http://i.imgur.com/QkkLgcW.gif

SteelersCanada
03-28-2013, 12:11 PM
New lines?....I'll go with...

Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla

Neal - Malkin - Dupuis

Morrow - Sutter - Bennett

Cooke - Vitale - Adams (but you know Bylsma will put Kennedy in there

The guys on TSN had Crosby, Iggy and Dupuis as the first line with Geno, Neal and Kunitz as the second line. I mean either way, the first two lines are stacked.

Should we just give the Penguins the cup now?

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Should we just give the Penguins the cup now?

sure, we'll take it - all the best players in the world play for the Pens, why not?

Habs and Leafs fans must be pissed, but not quite as bad as Beantowners!

SteelersCanada
03-28-2013, 12:40 PM
sure, we'll take it - all the best players in the world play for the Pens, why not?

Habs and Leafs fans must be pissed, but not quite as bad as Beantowners!

A pissed off Habs fan is the only kind of Habs fan I like.

Leafs fans are kind of in the middle about it - the Bruins and Habs didn't win here, but there's a chance that the Penguins and Leafs will play each other in the playoffs and, well, we all know how that would go. Get your brooms out.

Fire Haley
03-28-2013, 12:54 PM
ha ha

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/884962_10151639482525809_2113043438_o.jpg