PDA

View Full Version : hot brett farve rumor

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 11:01 AM
is that he is gonna retire as soon as the next few days. kirwan and ryan were talking about this today although they said their job was not to break news but to analyze it. they said with or without farve green bay is gonna be hurting this season.

sirius broadcasted from green bay camp yesterday so maybe someone got some inside scoop.

appearantly hes having a press conference at 12:30 est. not sure if its standard
http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/08/15/2/

BlackNGold203
08-16-2006, 11:06 AM
wouldnt surprise me...he looked old in that preseason game....

AZ_Steeler
08-16-2006, 11:11 AM
I heard this too, but I also heard that his Wednesday press conference with the media is a normal thing and the report of his retirement was a false alarm.

I know I would hate to see him retire after such an awful season last year!

boLT fan
08-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Bwahaha the Chargers gave Favre second thoughts about playing again.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Aaron Rodgers was to ba a #1 pick wasnt he.....There shouldnt be too much to wory about as for as a quarterback goes....Green Bay got lucky to get him where they did...
Yes farve would be missed....but replacing him with rodgers should make the FO happy

Hines86Ward
08-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Favre has a weekly PC after every game he plays, so it's a normal thing. He's not retiring, someone up in Minneapolis blew it out of proportion...

Ambridge
08-16-2006, 03:45 PM
:dancing: :jammin: :yep: :thmbup: :party: :getdown: :excited: :celebrate :danceshout: :partay:

Oh!.......how I hope this is true. I'm sick and tired of Brett Favre:monkey:

Livinginthe past
08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
:dancing: :jammin: :yep: :thmbup: :party: :getdown: :excited: :celebrate :danceshout: :partay:

Come on that guy throws one of the greatest deep balls in the NFL - the fact that half of them are interceptions shouldnt cloud your enthusiam for him.

NM

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 04:21 PM
specualation got hot as the weekly regularly sceduled weds press conference was delayed by an hour. some thought that he was looking for his release instead of announcing a retirement which would allow him to play elsewhere.

instead he came out and reiterated that he thinks he made the right choise by NOT retiring, and hes looking forward to this year with the packers. odd subject. he mustve heard the rumors too.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-16-2006, 04:25 PM
Bwahaha the Chargers gave Favre second thoughts about playing again.

Do you guys play the Jets?

BBC
08-16-2006, 04:39 PM
specualation got hot as the weekly regularly sceduled weds press conference was delayed by an hour. some thought that he was looking for his release instead of announcing a retirement which would allow him to play elsewhere.

instead he came out and reiterated that he thinks he made the right choise by NOT retiring, and hes looking forward to this year with the packers. odd subject. he mustve heard the rumors too.

The press conference had been scheduled for some time, the Packers always have press conferences (Brett's been having one just about once a week now). Why the media decided to blow this one into a spiral of speculation baffles me.

LambertIsGod58
08-16-2006, 05:42 PM

Must be you don't like winners and class.......

AZ_Steeler
08-16-2006, 05:53 PM

I couldn't agree with you more. This guy has come into the league and brought it every single game he played, a true warrior! Look at the number of consecutives starts as a QB, and the one game that I will always remember of Favre was right after his Father passed away and he went out and played that Monday nighter against the Raiders... truly amazing!!! I'm not looking forward to him retiring, he's one great QB to watch regardless how good or bad the Packers are...

Hawk Believer
08-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I couldn't agree with you more. This guy has come into the league and brought it every single game he played, a true warrior! Look at the number of consecutives starts as a QB, and the one game that I will always remember of Favre was right after his Father passed away and he went out and played that Monday nighter against the Raiders... truly amazing!!! I'm not looking forward to him retiring, he's one great QB to watch regardless how good or bad the Packers are...

I would think that people who are fans of Roethlesburger would tend to like Farve. To me I see a lot of parallels between Farve and Ben. They both have a blue collar ethic to themselves and seem to use toughness and pluck to succeed more than finesse. I am not saying they aren't both incredible athletes, but they have a very different (perhaps more ugly) style then your Manning or Marino types. But I think I enjoy watching a QB win more by guts than finesse. When I think of Farve, I see him almost getting pounded in a collapsed pocket and somehow getting this ugly ass shovel pass off to a guy at the line of scrimmage as he's being pulled down. Thats fun for me to watch. I think Ben's tackle in the Colts game is an example that why I think he is similar. I don't know if Manning would have laid out and made that tackle after the interception.

And neither of them seem very fond of shaving.

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 06:09 PM
i wouldve loved farve to get released and see the steelers pick him up on a 1 year deal. farve could still win in pittsburgh especially if ben had to miss some time with another broken thumb or something. (see bens latest injury)

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I like Favre,but this has gotta be his last season.He's a legend,but all legends must stop playing at some point.

Personally,I think he's holding the team back from rebuilding into a championship contender.By still playing,he's keeping the Packers in the past isntead of looking towards the future.They drafted Aaron Rodgers in the first round to succeed Favre..the longer Favre plays,the fewer years Rodgers has as a starter...and the less time they have to build around Rodgers and his talents.

LambertIsGod58
08-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I like Favre,but this has gotta be his last season.He's a legend,but all legends must stop playing at some point.

Personally,I think he's holding the team back from rebuilding into a championship contender.By still playing,he's keeping the Packers in the past isntead of looking towards the future.They drafted Aaron Rodgers in the first round to succeed Favre..the longer Favre plays,the fewer years Rodgers has as a starter...and the less time they have to build around Rodgers and his talents.

I think GB is very far removed from being a contender...even now they are a better team with Favre.

boLT fan
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
I think GB is very far removed from being a contender...even now they are a better team with Favre.

But they aren't going to be a contender until long after Favre leaves. They need to move on with a new system and QB and get a fresh start. He's just delaying the rebuilding process for the Packers and Aaron Rogers.

I just think he's over staying his welcome...

LambertIsGod58
08-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Aaron Rogers is a pretender in my book...they are going nowhere with him. They have a better shot signing Ryan Leaf.

Ambridge
08-17-2006, 05:47 PM

Two better words to describe Brett Favre are "Morose" and "Melancholy".
I bet a Director of a Funeral Home could give a more lively Press Conference than those Dull and Glum borefests Brett feels he needs to torture the football media with.
BTW-Brett sure has shown a lot of class the past two seasons the way he's held the Packers hostage while he decides to take his sweet old time deciding whether to retire or not.

LambertIsGod58
08-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Two better words to describe Brett Favre are "Morose" and "Melancholy".
I bet a Director of a Funeral Home could give a more lively Press Conference than those Dull and Glum borefests Brett feels he needs to torture the football media with.
BTW-Brett sure has shown a lot of class the past two seasons the way he's held the Packers hostage while he decides to take his sweet old time deciding whether to retire or not.

Sorry, he's not out jeopardizing his team riding a motorcycle without a helmet...Brett Favre has earned the right to do as he wants to do.

Ambridge
08-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Brett Favre has earned the right to do as he wants to do.

No player however good he may have been at one point is above the team and their respective organization especially when they are clearly on the downside of their careers.
The Packers by all means should have cut ties with Favre when he decided to drag out his retirement decision and the only reason they didn't is because they were afraid of the negative fan opinion they might receive.
Favre is definately guilty of leading Green Bay around by the nose during the off season and the Packers FO is even more guilty for letting him get away with it.

LambertIsGod58
08-18-2006, 05:22 PM
No player however good he may have been at one point is above the team and their respective organization especially when they are clearly on the downside of their careers.
The Packers by all means should have cut ties with Favre when he decided to drag out his retirement decision and the only reason they didn't is because they were afraid of the negative fan opinion they might receive.
Favre is definately guilty of leading Green Bay around by the nose during the off season and the Packers FO is even more guilty for letting him get away with it.

Then I guess Bettis should have been gone alot sooner then...