PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Scenario, who do you cheer for?

Fire Arians
01-13-2013, 08:44 PM
If it's the 49ers vs the Ravens?

Niners get their 6th ring to tie us all time? Or a whole offseason of dealing with obnoxious ravens fans and an extended ESPN circle jerk on O.J. Lewis?

BrandonCarr39
01-13-2013, 08:49 PM
I'm a Dallas fan, but the Niners winning would make it one more SB win than them, and the Ravens beat Dallas not only in gut-wrenching fashion this year, but in sting-wrenching fashion in their TX Stadium finale in 2008.

With that being said, I'm not the world's biggest fan of Atlanta either.

Blacksburg Zach
01-13-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm going to pull for the meteor if the whiners and purple browns play in the super bowl, but in all seriousness, I would reluctantly pull for the 49ers in this scenario. SF would only tie the Steelers in Lombardis if they won, which the Steelers can fix by winning it all once again, but the endless trolling from purple browns fans as well as the blowjobs ESPN would give to Ray Lewis in the Event of a purple browns victory would be much less tolerable. Sadly, a Harbaugh would win a ring either way if this super bowl match up comes to fruition.

torpedoshell31
01-13-2013, 08:54 PM
As bad as a choice as this is, I would actually root for the 49ers to tie us with 6 rings than ever root for Ray-Ray and the Ravens. As you pointed out, the 6 month off season would be unbearable with Ray on the cover of SI, every commercial would show a commerative football you could buy with the Ravens logo on it and probably Ray's face. ESPN and the NFL Network would give a round the clock salute to Lewis and push hard for him to attain sainthood. Just the thought of it sickens me, so I would have no choice but to root for the 49ers, a team I also despise.

Fire Arians
01-13-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm a Dallas fan, but the Niners winning would make it one more SB win than them, and the Ravens beat Dallas not only in gut-wrenching fashion this year, but in sting-wrenching fashion in their TX Stadium finale in 2008.

With that being said, I'm not the world's biggest fan of Atlanta either.

interesting, i thought for dallas fans it'd be a no brainer since the dallas-sf rivalry was pretty intense during the 90's especially. all the SF fans I know hate dallas with a passion and vice versa

harrison'samonster
01-13-2013, 09:00 PM
if the 49ers tie us in SB wins, we'll just have to go out and get that #7. Go 9ers!

zcoop
01-13-2013, 09:06 PM
if the 49ers tie us in SB wins, we'll just have to go out and get that #7. Go 9ers!

I'd also be ok with a 49er win, but the cheaters could beat them. They would destroy the ratbirds though. So, if the 49ers win so be it.

SteelersCanada
01-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Please don't let the Harbaugh Bowl happen. If for whatever reason it does happen, I'll cheer for the 49ers because I like Willis and Davis. That being said, I still don't want to see them in it.

BrandonCarr39
01-13-2013, 10:07 PM
interesting, i thought for dallas fans it'd be a no brainer since the dallas-sf rivalry was pretty intense during the 90's especially. all the SF fans I know hate dallas with a passion and vice versa

Yeah, it's been awhile, but the luster from that era seems to have worn off. The salary cap era may have hurt both teams over the long haul which pretty much made the rivalry disappear.

Fire Haley
01-13-2013, 10:30 PM
screw all that

Go Pats!

NSMaster56
01-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Don't know why people are 'afraid' of the Niners matching the Steelers.

They're a classy organization and records were meant to be broken.

Besides, the Steelers were first to four, the Niners were first to five and the Steelers the first to six.

Makes sense that they'd be first to seven (if the Steelers don't get there next year first).

BrandonCarr39
01-13-2013, 11:00 PM
It's hard to root against Colin Kaepernick(sp). He's certainly fun to watch.

PhantomJB93
01-13-2013, 11:12 PM
It's hard to root against Colin Kaepernick(sp). He's certainly fun to watch.

Yeah I don't dislike a single player on the Niners and if they weren't coached by Harbaugh or had 5 Super Bowls already I would easily be rooting for them at this point. But it's hard for me to ignore those two facts so I will be rooting for Atlanta and, should they lose, New England over the 9ers. Although I will root for the 9ers in the nightmare scenario.

Lady Steel
01-13-2013, 11:30 PM
I really don't care who wins since the Steelers aren't in it. I hate both the Patriots and the Ravens, and don't want the 49ers to get that 6th Lombardi, so I just want to drink with family and good friends during the Super Bowl. :laughing:

NSMaster56
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM
just want to drink with family and good friends during the Super Bowl. :laughing:

Why wait? :noidea: :chuckle:

Quackjack
01-14-2013, 04:32 AM
Falcons. No brainer. If not, then Pats, and hell Rats before 69ers.

dez09231
01-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Atlanta if they go, New England if it's New England vs. SF, SF if they play Baltimore.

SteelCityMom
01-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Atlanta if they go, New England if it's New England vs. SF, SF if they play Baltimore.

Yup, my exact picks as well.

Kanata-Steeler
01-14-2013, 10:55 AM
- 1st: WORST Nightmare Scenario = Ravens vs 49ers, with the Rats, or 49ers' winning.
..., we would never hear the end of how great Flacco, Lewis,.. are, LoL, and just to rub salt in the wound, welcome to "HarBowl" !!!!
Although, I'd still go for the Rats', so Steelers' stay alone as all-time leader's of SB's.

- 2nd WORST Nightmare Scenario = 49er's', or Pats winning.
Again, we'd never hear the end of it from all the "NEPatriots" fans/worshipers around here?, and even worse, depending on your point-of view, a 49er's win, would tie us for all-time SB's.

Actually, no matter how you look at it, right now (fan-wise), everything is a "nightmare" scenario. :(

UNLESS, the Falcons win the SB.

So, imho, I'm rooting for the Falcons to win SB (imho), anything but the Pats', or Rats', or 49er's, in that order.

Fire Haley
01-14-2013, 10:57 AM
I want a repeat of last year

Ravens lose to keep them out of the SB, and the Pats lose in the big one, another stinging humilation we can cheer the rest of the year

I don't give a fuck about the NFC

lloydwoodson
01-15-2013, 09:21 PM
I couldn't care less who wins the superbowl if the Steelers aren't playing.

JeromeBetties63
01-17-2013, 02:33 AM
If it's the 49ers vs the Ravens?

Niners get their 6th ring to tie us all time? Or a whole offseason of dealing with obnoxious ravens fans and an extended ESPN circle jerk on O.J. Lewis?

I'm not watching...but give me the 49ers in that scenario.

Quackjack
01-17-2013, 04:39 AM
I couldn't care less who wins the superbowl if the Steelers aren't playing.

"I don't like football" is what you just said.

BlaZeQuietly
01-17-2013, 12:04 PM
I Like the 49ers. The Seahawks are my NFC team if I had to pick one. I would much rather see a Kaepernick win a ring than Flacco or brady, if the falcons earn it than I don't care if they win. I'm so sick of New England being so good I would probably be depressed for like 3 years if the Ravens win, which they won't, NE should take care of them @ home

WVABE
01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Pats are the only afc team I've ever rooted against, gotta go with them if they make it though.

illmatic
01-19-2013, 02:20 AM
I can't think of anything worse than a Steelers fan rooting for the Patriots. After all the painful losses they've caused us, and Tom Brady spiking the ball at Heinz Field after running it in for a TD in a blowout, there is no way I will root for them.

The Ravens are our biggest rivals, yes, but we've dominated that rivalry, especially in the playoffs. I don't mind seeing them make it to the Super Bowl and winning it. It would certainly make our rivalry even bigger and more intense, and I'm all for that. Plus it would be great to see Ray Lewis go out with a ring, just like The Bus did. He's always been the one Raven I liked and respected.

The 49ers winning would tie us, yes, but I am cheering for them from the 4 teams left. I'm not a fan of Harbaugh and hated how they benched Alex Smith after all that he's done, but they are a fun team to watch and have a lot of likable players.

The Falcons winning would probably be best for Steelers fans, but Falcons in the Super Bowl will be terrible. I'm a football fan, and would much rather watch 49ers vs. Ravens or 49ers vs. Patriots, both of which would be amazing Super Bowls.

A true nightmare Super Bowl for me would be Cowboys vs. Patriots. I'd much rather have the 49ers tie us than the Cowboys tie us.

PhantomJB93
01-19-2013, 02:46 AM
I don't mind seeing them make it to the Super Bowl and winning it.

:eyecrazy:

steel striker
01-19-2013, 07:05 PM
I'd rather have the falcons win it all but, I don't think that going to happen. I hate the cheats more than the rats because, of that smug sob Precious Brady. I could not stomach all of the Ray Lewis love fest by BSPN. I don't want the niners to tie us in super bowl wins.

ZoneBlitzer
01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
I don't know who I'll root for. I like the way both teams play. But usually I go with the underdog and I think the Niners will be the underdog.

I have a feeling that Kaepernick might choke and freeze due to his inexperience.