PDA

View Full Version : Don't lynch me...I want the Ravens to win the Super Bowl

CrabbySteelerFan
01-13-2013, 10:32 PM
I wanted them to beat Denver. I want them to beat New England and then go on to win the Super Bowl. Once the Steelers have been eliminated from the playoffs I always root for any teams that are left in our division.

Up until that point I hate the Ravens (or Bengals and Browns) as much as any of you.

Rooting for teams outside our division makes less sense to me than rooting for teams in our division. I think it's those of you that DON'T cheer for the Ravens that are being more illogical.

A strong division only makes your team look that much better.

I think some of my reasoning stems from the nineties when many of my friends who were Dallas or Giants fans would talk about the superiority of the NFC East. I also had a lot of friends that went to ACC schools and would talk about the superiority of their basketball conference.

I never admit this in public to other Steeler fans because more often than not they'll go apesh*t. I often don't even bother to tell this to Ravens fans because they usually insist I'm lying.

I acknowledge that it doesn't seem quite right to cheer for the Ravens and even I am surprised by how quickly my hatred for them completely dissolves once the Steelers have been eliminated.

But if you're questioning my allegiance to the Steelers you should know that I record every Raven game during the regular season and only watch it if they lose so I can relish every moment. It's fun to watch them score a touchdown and celebrate knowing all along they will ultimately lose.

Also, I have a Steelers piggy bank that is over 30 years old. How many of you can say that?

:tt05: :steelersflag: :tt05: :steelersflag:

SteelersCanada
01-13-2013, 10:39 PM
31g0YE61PLQ

Vis
01-13-2013, 10:42 PM
YKss2uYpih8

harrison'samonster
01-13-2013, 10:43 PM
I record every Raven game during the regular season and only watch it if they lose so I can relish every moment. It's fun to watch them score a touchdown and celebrate knowing all along they will ultimately lose.

that's hilarious! I think if our rivals are better, it not only makes us look better, but actually makes us better.

That being said, I won't be rooting for them to win the SB.

SteelersCanada
01-13-2013, 10:46 PM
I think you just started a thread that is going to involve a lot of 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO' videos.

Fire Arians
01-13-2013, 11:02 PM
:buttkick:

PhantomJB93
01-14-2013, 12:06 AM
Yeah...I get your argument but nobody is going to give the Steelers more or less credit for what they do if the Ratbirds win or lose the SB. It makes sense from a Steeler fan standpoint trying to legitimize losing to them, but nothing more. It certainly won't make me feel any better.

Fuck the Ratbirds and I hope they lose in embarrassing fashion.

And I'll just leave this here to keep the trend going:
lITBGjNEp08

Stu Pidasso
01-14-2013, 12:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Lady Steel
01-14-2013, 12:31 AM
No.

SteelersCanada
01-14-2013, 12:35 AM
I knew the Vader one was coming eventually! Man, this thread has some potential.

CrabbySteelerFan
01-14-2013, 12:49 AM
You all are cracking me up with this No!!! sh*t. Glad to see you have a sense of humor.

Yeah...I get your argument but nobody is going to give the Steelers more or less credit for what they do if the Ratbirds win or lose the SB.

Yeah, that's the weak link in my argument. But like I said, it makes even less sense to me to root for teams outside the division.

BleedPurple
01-14-2013, 01:10 AM
You all are cracking me up with this No!!! sh*t. Glad to see you have a sense of humor.

Yeah, that's the weak link in my argument. But like I said, it makes even less sense to me to root for teams outside the division.

Nah,

At the end of the year, I like to be able to say "Sure it wasn't us, but at least it wasn't you either". Exceptions include the Cowboys, Jets, and Falcons, who I have a strange hatred for; I have no specific reason. . .I just can't bring myself to root for them

CrabbySteelerFan
01-14-2013, 01:20 AM
I record every Raven game during the regular season and only watch it if they lose so I can relish every moment. It's fun to watch them score a touchdown and celebrate knowing all along they will ultimately lose.

that's hilarious! I think if our rivals are better, it not only makes us look better, but actually makes us better.

That being said, I won't be rooting for them to win the SB.

I live 25 minutes from Baltimore. Before I watch the game I turn on the radio and laugh as I listen to Raven fans call in and complain about all the things that went wrong during the game. I usually do this for a good half hour.

And don't think for a second that I'll feel even a brief moment of sympathy if the Ravens lose to New England or in the Super Bowl. As always the first thing I'll do is click on the radio. More often than not one of the first five callers will talk about how the referees are engaged in a conspiracy against the Ravens.

By the way, I'd think that of all places on the internet a Steeler forum's spell check wouldn't spell check the word Steelers. That should be fixed.

CrabbySteelerFan
01-14-2013, 01:29 AM
Nah,

At the end of the year, I like to be able to say "Sure it wasn't us, but at least it wasn't you either". Exceptions include the Cowboys, Jets, and Falcons, who I have a strange hatred for; I have no specific reason. . .I just can't bring myself to root for them

I think a hatred of the Cowboys is almost universal among non-Cowboy fans. They bring it upon themselves by appointing themselves "America's team."

lloydwoodson
01-14-2013, 04:21 AM
9o19CaOSuD8

The_Joker
01-14-2013, 05:36 AM
Eh. Anyone but the 69ers, they're more annoying. I actually have some friends who are Ravens fans, so it won't bother me too much if they win it all. Then again, they're the Ravens...

Vis
01-14-2013, 05:51 AM
lgI2ZQVyrBo

Buddha Bus
01-14-2013, 07:51 AM
0_rc4ltH27A

SteelCityMom
01-14-2013, 10:59 AM
lT49R7Ffxzg

Buddha Bus
01-14-2013, 11:12 AM
mPk_P11GlW8

JkpzR5vVA9k

MACH1
01-14-2013, 11:34 AM
FJbmB9k2Y88

:chuckle:

Buddha Bus
01-14-2013, 11:45 AM
xoMgnJDXd3k

Kanata-Steeler
01-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Noooo, no, no.
Repeat after me, if it came down to it, you would "really want the Falcon's to WIN !"
:sign02:

stb_steeler
01-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Noooo, no, no.
Repeat after me, if it came down to it, you would "really want the Falcon's to WIN !"
:sign02:

That would be my vote.....Dont want to see 49ers sharing the sixth title with us, and dont want NE getting it either, dont want to hear all the brady hype for weeks to come!

steelax04
01-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Sorry, but I can't pull a "SEC" and root for the conference. Go Falcons!

PhantomJB93
01-14-2013, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but I can't pull a "SEC" and root for the conference. Go Falcons!

IDK why but it's much easier to root for your conference in college sports than in professional sports. I could never bring myself to root for the Ratbirds, Flyers, or Reds/Brewers, but I always find myself rooting for other ACC Schools (I'm a VT fan) in bowl games and college basketball.

silver & black
01-14-2013, 05:09 PM
I wanted them to beat Denver. I want them to beat New England and then go on to win the Super Bowl. Once the Steelers have been eliminated from the playoffs I always root for any teams that are left in our division.

Up until that point I hate the Ravens (or Bengals and Browns) as much as any of you.

Rooting for teams outside our division makes less sense to me than rooting for teams in our division. I think it's those of you that DON'T cheer for the Ravens that are being more illogical.

A strong division only makes your team look that much better.

I think some of my reasoning stems from the nineties when many of my friends who were Dallas or Giants fans would talk about the superiority of the NFC East. I also had a lot of friends that went to ACC schools and would talk about the superiority of their basketball conference.

I never admit this in public to other Steeler fans because more often than not they'll go apesh*t. I often don't even bother to tell this to Ravens fans because they usually insist I'm lying.

I acknowledge that it doesn't seem quite right to cheer for the Ravens and even I am surprised by how quickly my hatred for them completely dissolves once the Steelers have been eliminated.

But if you're questioning my allegiance to the Steelers you should know that I record every Raven game during the regular season and only watch it if they lose so I can relish every moment. It's fun to watch them score a touchdown and celebrate knowing all along they will ultimately lose.

Also, I have a Steelers piggy bank that is over 30 years old. How many of you can say that?

:tt05: :steelersflag: :tt05: :steelersflag:

I wanted the Ravens to beat the Donkos............. because I hate every team in my division. I couldn't care less if my division wins the SB. If my team isn't in it, I don't give a shit about any other team in my division. The Ravens can go ahead and lose now, because, well............ I don't give a shit.:wink02:

Fire Arians
01-14-2013, 05:09 PM
That would be my vote.....Dont want to see 49ers sharing the sixth title with us, and dont want NE getting it either, dont want to hear all the brady hype for weeks to come!

brady hype has been status quo for so long that ive learned to filter it out. ray lewis headlines would be more nauseating

zcoop
01-14-2013, 06:38 PM

Unfortunately, one of our hated teams or the 49ers will win it. The Falcons always choke in the big games. I won't get my hopes up.

dez09231
01-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Help us, Matt Ryan. You're our only hope.

Let's all of us send good vibes their way:

9TlyHws7x7Y

steel striker
01-19-2013, 08:11 PM
I hate Tom Brady and, the cheats more than the rats. I know it does not make any sense but, I can't take all of the Ray Lewis loves fest from BSPN either. I don't want the niners to win beacuse, then they would tie us for most sb sins. So I'm pulling for the falcons.

silver & black
01-19-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't care who wins as long as it isn't the Patr*ots. My wife is a 9ers fan, so, I guess I will pull for them, to keep things civil in the house....lol.