PDA

View Full Version : I Took This Test, It Says I am going To Hell!~ Go Ahread take it, but BE HONEST

Lyn
08-16-2006, 03:39 PM
http://www.needgod.com/001.shtml

BlackNGold203
08-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Does the fact that you're headed for Hell concern you?

I'm screwed......

move over Lyn...that's my seat!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-16-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm going to Hell as well. Don't tell my Dad he is a preacher.

Koopa
08-16-2006, 03:52 PM
hey if i have to go to hell at least i'll have family, and fellow steeler fans lol

Livinginthe past
08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Im going to heaven.

All I did was lie in my answer to question 1.

The rest just fell into place.

NM

HometownGal
08-16-2006, 05:21 PM
Geez Louise - one of the reasons I'm headed to Haydes in a handbasket is because I had lustful thoughts. Good way to go, huh? :naughty: :lust:

Cape Cod Steel Head
08-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Hell who doesn't have lustful thoughts? I'll see you there.

Livinginthe past
08-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Hell who doesn't have lustful thoughts? I'll see you there.

Ned Flanders.

NM

AZ_Steeler
08-16-2006, 05:42 PM
The good thing is we all can be forgiven...

Cape Cod Steel Head
08-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Ned Flanders.

NMI stand corrected:dang:

pucho58
08-16-2006, 06:12 PM
I am also going to Hell. I'm concern but man its hard to be good. Steelers game or church. I'm going to Steelers game. Drinking beer or reading the bibe. I'm going to drink. If I got to go,I hope my punishment isn't sitting in the dog pound for eternity.

83-Steelers-43
08-16-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm going to hell. There's a surprise!

I'll make sure I kick the Devil in the ass and stare him down.

Hawk Believer
08-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Ned Flanders.

NM
I believe that Ned had lustful thoughts for a Christian country singer once. But that was after he was widowed. And then he did get drunk and married a skanky Las Vega waitress along with Homer. But I don't know if he was lusting after her.

Here are some of Flander's sins...

A Look at Ned's Dark Side
7F08 Involved in a petty gamble with Homer
7F13 Yells at a swindling cable man
9F01 Involved in a car chase with Homer
9F17 Give the pagan Simpson family an April Fools joke
9F20 Watched "Married With Children" once
Has a spyhole in the bathroom, ala "Psycho"
9F22 Bart suspects Ned is out to get him
1F04 He is, in fact, the devil
1F14 Harbors anger towards Homer; dreams of killing him
1F22 Possibly a murderer
2F03 Rules the world, and drives its inhabitants to slavery
3F20 Nearly kills himself with needless panic
4F07 Explodes in front of his friends and neighbors
4F13 Hires Lisa as his babysitter, despite her nasty resume
5F02 Participates in a witch hunt
5F07 Stealing from the Simpsons (even if it was his own barbeque grill!)
AABF02 Hallucinates at the wheel
AABF06 Doesn't trim his mustache
Tries sitting down backwards
Gets his first taste of bloodlust
Goes on an all-night bender
AABF11 Grabs a chunk of Moe's hair
AABF15 Shows signs of resentment for Homer making it into heaven
AABF20 Won a new refrigerator, electric can-opener and milkshake machine because they were evidence in a murder trial
BABF01 Becomes a killer Werewolf -- later succombs to the evil 'Beetleboots' craze
BABF03 Crosses paths with a mad scientist in the couch gag
BABF05 Joins a motorcycle gang called the "Hell's Satans"
BABF06 Ned laughs along with the crowd when Bart says church can be fun!
BABF10 Considers abandoning his faith after Maude's death
CABF15 He becomes creepily obsessed with turning Rachel Jordan into Maude

Hawk Believer
08-16-2006, 06:44 PM
The good thing is we all can be forgiven...

Thats the wierd thing about that link. I was waiting for them to share the "good news" and it didn't seem to come up. It seems like an odd strategy for promoting Christianity to emphasize that we are all hopeless sinners but not mention the whole salvation thing.

3 to be 4
08-16-2006, 06:54 PM
It is VERY important to be told the good news. That while all of us our sinners, all of us are forgiven through the blood of Jesus Christ. He paid the price for these sins. All of them, past, present, and future. Once you've repented and accepted Christ you are forgiven and no longer condemned. And you are no longer judged by his law. We dont become better, He becomes bigger in our hearts and because of that, it is expected we will do better things.
But the very good thing about the test is it does establish that none of us are without sin and all of us need forgiveness.

Livinginthe past
08-16-2006, 07:09 PM
I believe that Ned had lustful thoughts for a Christian country singer once. But that was after he was widowed. And then he did get drunk and married a skanky Las Vega waitress along with Homer. But I don't know if he was lusting after her.

Here are some of Flander's sins...

A Look at Ned's Dark Side
7F08 Involved in a petty gamble with Homer
7F13 Yells at a swindling cable man
9F01 Involved in a car chase with Homer
9F17 Give the pagan Simpson family an April Fools joke
9F20 Watched "Married With Children" once
Has a spyhole in the bathroom, ala "Psycho"
9F22 Bart suspects Ned is out to get him
1F04 He is, in fact, the devil
1F14 Harbors anger towards Homer; dreams of killing him
1F22 Possibly a murderer
2F03 Rules the world, and drives its inhabitants to slavery
3F20 Nearly kills himself with needless panic
4F07 Explodes in front of his friends and neighbors
4F13 Hires Lisa as his babysitter, despite her nasty resume
5F02 Participates in a witch hunt
5F07 Stealing from the Simpsons (even if it was his own barbeque grill!)
AABF02 Hallucinates at the wheel
AABF06 Doesn't trim his mustache
Tries sitting down backwards
Gets his first taste of bloodlust
Goes on an all-night bender
AABF11 Grabs a chunk of Moe's hair
AABF15 Shows signs of resentment for Homer making it into heaven
AABF20 Won a new refrigerator, electric can-opener and milkshake machine because they were evidence in a murder trial
BABF01 Becomes a killer Werewolf -- later succombs to the evil 'Beetleboots' craze
BABF03 Crosses paths with a mad scientist in the couch gag
BABF05 Joins a motorcycle gang called the "Hell's Satans"
BABF06 Ned laughs along with the crowd when Bart says church can be fun!
BABF10 Considers abandoning his faith after Maude's death
CABF15 He becomes creepily obsessed with turning Rachel Jordan into Maude

Ha ha props to you HB.

I must admit - as I was typing it I had a mini flashback to him and his adulterous thoughts!

Thats certainly a comprehensive list you've got there!

NM

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 07:25 PM

worthy of applause. and you are correct. ned has fallen to lust. at 1st i was confusing homer with lurlee (?) the country singer he managed. then i thought that you mustve liked the 007 episode where homer got the job in washington (his boss gave him the denver broncos as a gift when he departed). :chuckle:

wal mart has seasons 2-6 for 30 bucks and 7 & 8 for $40. i know i must have them but that is a pretty big investment considering the simpsons are the best longest living sitcom ever. to get them all would cost alot and each season is about 5 disks and almost 600 minutes long.

Hawk Believer
08-16-2006, 07:35 PM
then i thought that you mustve liked the 007 episode where homer got the job in washington (his boss gave him the denver broncos as a gift when he departed). :chuckle:

That was one of my favorite episodes. That mixture of dot.com, you can bring your dog to work managment style combined with a Bond supervillan was brilliant IMO. And the Broncos thing was great (though it seemed a bit dated when Elway was finishing his career out.) "Its not the Cowboys, but its a start."

I think I have seen some many Simpson episodes I could not bring myself to squander money on purchsing the box set though.

tony hipchest
08-16-2006, 07:47 PM
That was one of my favorite episodes. That mixture of dot.com, you can bring your dog to work managment style combined with a Bond supervillan was brilliant IMO. And the Broncos thing was great (though it seemed a bit dated when Elway was finishing his career out.) "Its not the Cowboys, but its a start."

I think I have seen some many Simpson episodes I could not bring myself to squander money on purchsing the box set though.
i could be wrong but im pretty sure that was the year (or year before) elway went on to win his 1st sb.

i think i will have to wait for someone selling their collection on ebay. $600-$700 is a bit obsessive to pay for every episode. (maybe i'll just start telling people thats what my 3 year old wants for birthdays and x-mas :busted: )

Black@Gold Forever32
08-16-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm going to hell. There's a surprise!

I'll make sure I kick the Devil in the ass and stare him down.

Well 83, if your going to Hell as well. I would be glad to join you. But what would Hell be for us. I think it would being surrounded by Bengals, Browns and Ravens fans. As well as watching non-stop Ravens, Browns and Bengals games. That would be truely suck.

BlackNGold203
08-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Ned Flanders.

NM

wait...didnt he get it on with that chick from the christian rock band????

SteelCzar76
08-16-2006, 09:34 PM
(Choir from Vampire in Brooklyn singing,.."Evil is Good,....Evil is good" in the background")

(Bible belt Preachers voice) "And Gawd saaaid,...if'a yuuuuaa don't believe in Jeeeezzzuuss as Gawd himself'ahh,....then he's got sumthin fo that azzzzahh".

"And that includes a red hot trident and many other unfathomable tortures for,... (Falsetto) allllllllllll,... eternityyyyyy".
And that's a mighty long time,....but i'm here to tell ya,...there's sumthin else. Shut up,...follow my holy azz blindly,.....and when you die after leading a miserable life of suffering, servitude and underachievement,....you will live in a cloud city with streets paved of gold. And there will be choclates, teddy bears, sherbert ice cream cones and nipple rings for all the good little boys and girlsa".

That is,.....Unless yo punk azz, is Jewish, Buhddist, Jehovah's witness, Wiccan, Muslim, Scientologist or anything else that isn't what i'ma talkin bout right nowwa"

"We'd now like to take an offering"

LMAO

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

(Oh yeah,... Reverend Evilisgood ministries offers this same wonderful message of joy hope and happiness for the the small fee of 29.95,...on DVD, VHS, CASSETTE,...OR WHATEVER YO PUNK AZZ CAN AFFORD) lmfao !!!

SteelCzar76
08-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Seriously though,..... according this test,....i'm playing 500. ball right now. I'm a,... (Chris Farley Tommyboy voice),......Siiinner. LOL

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

Lyn
08-16-2006, 10:58 PM
I do not see how anyone can take this test and pass it. And I believe in God bigtime. I go to church (not every Sunday though). Going to church is not a big thing in God's eyes. Our Priest told us that people feel the need to go to church, it is nothing God needs or requires. I also used to teach in a Catholic school so I did a variety of teaching in the Catholic manner, after school classes, etc. But........

-I have told a lie (Is there a person who has NOT EVER told a lie)

-I did steal something (who hasn't)

-I have looked at a man other than my husband and thought mmmmmmmm

-I have used God's name in vain (not often but once is too much)

So I am on his bad person list but who that has taken this test is not? He has a huge job with all of us terrible people, we need help!~

CAH
08-16-2006, 11:08 PM
CORRECT: You would go to Hell.

Does the fact that you're
headed for Hell concern you?

Nope. Most of my friends will be there, too.

(no problem. I don't believe in heaven or hell anyway) LOL

Lyn
08-16-2006, 11:22 PM

Yes, it does concern me and more than I would have thought because I know I am a good person and yet I am not acceptable to God, yeah it bothers me, there I said it!~ :)

3 to be 4
08-16-2006, 11:27 PM
I do not see how anyone can take this test and pass it. And I believe in God bigtime. I go to church (not every Sunday though). Going to church is not a big thing in God's eyes. Our Priest told us that people feel the need to go to church, it is nothing God needs or requires. I also used to teach in a Catholic school so I did a variety of teaching in the Catholic manner, after school classes, etc. But........

-I have told a lie (Is there a person who has NOT EVER told a lie)

-I did steal something (who hasn't)

-I have looked at a man other than my husband and thought mmmmmmmm

-I have used God's name in vain (not often but once is too much)

So I am on his bad person list but who that has taken this test is not? He has a huge job with all of us terrible people, we need help!~

Thats the whole point of the test, Lyn. Everybody falls short. We are all sinners. Nobody is without Sin except for God. But Christ came and died on the cross to pay the price for our sin. Through Him we have Salvation. The test shows why we need Christ.
Unfortunatly, like much of the message you hear, especially on TV, the good news is not stressed enough. So many people feel, "why bother becoming a Christian, I'll never be good enough". and its a shame. Because becoming perfect people is not what accepting Christ is about. Its about accepting that through HIS perfection, we are Saved from judgement.
Its not the bad news of Jesus Christ, its the good news. His love.
Man twists it into religion, dont look at Christians, look to Christ.

SteelCzar76
08-16-2006, 11:40 PM

Yes, it does concern me and more than I would have thought because I know I am a good person and yet I am not acceptable to God, yeah it bothers me, there I said it!~ :)

How could you be "Unacceptable" to the creator Lyn ? Is this creator not infallible, omnipotent and above HUMANKIND'S understanding of what is good or evil,....right or wrong ? Would'nt this creator know exactly every move and or deed done by your heart, hands and mind,...before life was breathed into you to do so ? Are not ALL things this creators's will ? God by any name is,.... NECESSARY. Not ANY man or woman born of womans interpretation. Look within yourself and you'll see this,....God is there as well as in everything that exists. But then again,....what do i know,.....i'm a Siiiiinner. LOL

"One, Ma"

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

Hawk Believer
08-16-2006, 11:47 PM
How could you be "Unacceptable" to the creator Lyn ? Is this creator not infallible, omnipotent and above HUMANKIND'S understanding of what is good or evil,....right or wrong ? Would'nt this creator know exactly every move and or deed done by your heart, hands and mind,...before life was breathed into you to do so ? Are not ALL things this creators's will ? God by any name is,.... NECESSARY. Not ANY man or woman born of womans interpretation. Look within yourself and you'll see this,....God is there as well as in everything that exists. But then again,....what do i know,.....i'm a Siiiiinner. LOL
"One, Ma"

That reminds me of a movie I haven't seen in a long time: Time Bandits. At the end of the movie the bad guys are defeated but not without a terrible cost. God is one of the characters at this point, portrayed as a dottering old British guy. The main character, a kid asks him why, if he was God, had he allowed evil to kill so many good people. And God pauses and searches his mind, then stutters out his response " Ah, I think it had something to do with free will."

19ward86
08-16-2006, 11:50 PM
ok, every person while in their teen years religious or not will have lustful feelings about someone, hormones arent ignorable.

Hawk Believer
08-16-2006, 11:56 PM
ok, every person while in their teen years religious or not will have lustful feelings about someone, hormones arent ignorable.
Yeah, if God didn't make us lustful we wouldn't make it as a species.

It all gets back to what we have been saying. The site points out that we are all sinners. But it does a terrible disservice by failing to mention the main point of the New Testament. Its all hell fire and brimstone, no ressurection and salvation.

SteelCzar76
08-17-2006, 12:11 AM
Yeah, if God didn't make us lustful we wouldn't make it as a species.

It all gets back to what we have been saying. The site points out that we are all sinners. But it does a terrible disservice by failing to mention the main point of the New Testament. Its all hell fire and brimstone, no ressurection and salvation.

It has to be vague Hawk,...so that whomever is in power at the time can intepret it in any way to suit their ends. It has to be "Hellfire brimstone",.. "salvation only if you fall in line",...so as to control their,.....SHEEP. Who's gonna argue with God ?

3 to be 4
08-17-2006, 07:09 AM
It has to be vague Hawk,...so that whomever is in power at the time can intepret it in any way to suit their ends. It has to be "Hellfire brimstone",.. "salvation only if you fall in line",...so as to control their,.....SHEEP. Who's gonna argue with God ?

Just remember, this test is not the Bible. Dont base Jesus Christ on "the test". read Matthew.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-17-2006, 11:46 AM
The problem with the test is that at the point where I confessed that I had done all those things that would be considered less than perfect in Gods eyes....It asked if I would go to heaven or hell. I can honestly say that I will go to heaven (even though the test tells me I am incorrect)..because my salvation is not based on what I did but based on that moment in time in which I put my faith In God and in what HE DID on the cross. That is the BASIC premise of Christianity. If we got what we deserved it would be death (not just the physical death but eternity in hell...) but someone ELSE paid the cost for our shortcomings and therefore I can honestly say.."yea...I have done some things that I am not proud of, BUT because I have followed the biblical plan for salvation..I AM going to heaven.
p.s.(Not preaching just pointing out the inconsistancy of the test.)
p.p.s (Also the argument that God knows that we are going to sin so He cant blame us for oursin is inaccurate...He does see things from beginning to end..but still allows free will...i.e, If you are driving at 120mph around a curve and I am sitting on my front porch and can see you coming ...and can see the bridge out on the other side of the curve...I know that you are going to wreck but I am not responsible for your choice)

..and for the record, ARKIE and I would like to apologize to all the wonderful ladies in the forum for being a conspirator in making you all sin by lusting..(LOL)

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Some questions spring to mind.

1. Is it possible to keep 'sinning' and then ask for forgiveness afterward and still get to heaven?

2. Does it matter about the severity of the sin?

3. Is there a 'power ranking' for the ten commandments - is murder more of a sin than adultery?

4. Is not believing in god a sin?

5. Does this mean that a multiple murder who renounces his sinful ways on his deathbed is more likely to get to heaven than someone who just doesn't believe in God?

NM

Lyn
08-17-2006, 12:52 PM

1. Is it possible to keep 'sinning' and then ask for forgiveness afterward and still get to heaven?

3. Is there a 'power ranking' for the ten commandments - is murder more of a sin than adultery?

5. Does this mean that a multiple murder who renounces his sinful ways on his deathbed is more likely to get to heaven than someone who just doesn't believe in God?

NM

1. I think so

2. I don't know

3. I don't know

4. YES

5. I think so

As you can plainly see I am not a schlor of the bible. We need someone who is in the know to answer your very excellent questions. Where is 3 to be 4?

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-17-2006, 02:09 PM

NM
IF you are curious as to what Christianity teaches..please keep in mind that ALL religions believe that to not follow their teaching is failure to "understand" truth..each individual must rationally, thoughtfully look into what is taught and then sometimes have to take that "step of faith" that comes with connecting with God

1. Is it possible to keep 'sinning' and then ask for forgiveness afterward and still get to heaven? ...that would indicate an unrepetant heart..If someone truly was putting their faith in something, they wouldnt be looking for that type of "loophole"

2. Does it matter about the severity of the sin? I am not an expert, but the bible states that "If you have failed in one of my commandments, then you have disobeyed them all"..and also states that "if you have lusted in your mind about another mans wife, than you have already committed adultry"... I think that is Gods way of saying ..you cant do this one your own...perfection is the criteria, and since it is impossible to be perfect..you need a substitute..a sacrifice... to take on your imperfection..and that substitute must be perfect.

3. Is there a 'power ranking' for the ten commandments - is murder more of a sin than adultery? I think the answer for this question is answered in question #2...I have thought about this and think that we (as humans) can see that there is more of an earthly impact in some sins as opposed to others..but if all sins are strictly disobedience towards God...then they are not numbered in His eyes. I think when finite minds try to comprehend infinite wisdom ..we try to fit it into a box that we can understand. (think about the futility of placing the infinite into a mental box of our design..how arrogant is that!)

4. Is not believing in god a sin? From my understanding since The Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity and the Bible states that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the "unpardonable sin"...then yes. As defined... Blasphemy of the Holy spirit is denying the truth that Christ is the Saviour. According to Christian belief.. if you die and dont believe..or die believing but never accept Christ as your savior..THAT is blasphemy of the Spirit...as in the moment when your heart was convicted of the truth as given by the Spirit

5. Does this mean that a multiple murder who renounces his sinful ways on his deathbed is more likely to get to heaven than someone who just doesn't believe in God?..again according to Christianity...its not what we have or have not done that gets us to heaven...its very clear in scripture that the best we can do earns us a spot in hell...therefore the ONLY way to heaven is to have your sins paid for..and the only acceptable payment to get into heaven, where perfection is reguired,...is to have that payment (sacrifice) be perfect. If sin is defined as not only what we do...what we think..and even what we fail to do...then the list of all that we have counted against us grows everyday. I recall that the one of the prophets described his rightousness as "dirty rags" in the eyes of a perfect God. So to better answer your question...according to scripture the thief who hung beside Christ was told that he would be in paradise with Jesus...yet some very "good" people who would never have their sins paid for would not be acceptable. If what we count as rightousness is "dirty rags" then how would God view even the smallest of sin

again..you are asking for what Christianity believes.

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 02:35 PM
IF you are curious as to what Christianity teaches..please keep in mind that ALL religions believe that to not follow their teaching is failure to "understand" truth..each individual must rationally, thoughtfully look into what is taught and then sometimes have to take that "step of faith" that comes with connecting with God

1. Is it possible to keep 'sinning' and then ask for forgiveness afterward and still get to heaven? ...that would indicate an unrepetant heart..If someone truly was putting their faith in something, they wouldnt be looking for that type of "loophole"

2. Does it matter about the severity of the sin? I am not an expert, but the bible states that "If you have failed in one of my commandments, then you have disobeyed them all"..and also states that "if you have lusted in your mind about another mans wife, than you have already committed adultry"... I think that is Gods way of saying ..you cant do this one your own...perfection is the criteria, and since it is impossible to be perfect..you need a substitute..a sacrifice... to take on your imperfection..and that substitute must be perfect.

3. Is there a 'power ranking' for the ten commandments - is murder more of a sin than adultery? I think the answer for this question is answered in question #2...I have thought about this and think that we (as humans) can see that there is more of an earthly impact in some sins as opposed to others..but if all sins are strictly disobedience towards God...then they are not numbered in His eyes. I think when finite minds try to comprehend infinite wisdom ..we try to fit it into a box that we can understand. (think about the futility of placing the infinite into a mental box of our design..how arrogant is that!)

4. Is not believing in god a sin? From my understanding since The Holy Spirit is part of the Trinity and the Bible states that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the "unpardonable sin"...then yes. As defined... Blasphemy of the Holy spirit is denying the truth that Christ is the Saviour. According to Christian belief.. if you die and dont believe..or die believing but never accept Christ as your savior..THAT is blasphemy of the Spirit...as in the moment when your heart was convicted of the truth as given by the Spirit

5. Does this mean that a multiple murder who renounces his sinful ways on his deathbed is more likely to get to heaven than someone who just doesn't believe in God?..again according to Christianity...its not what we have or have not done that gets us to heaven...its very clear in scripture that the best we can do earns us a spot in hell...therefore the ONLY way to heaven is to have your sins paid for..and the only acceptable payment to get into heaven, where perfection is reguired,...is to have that payment (sacrifice) be perfect. If sin is defined as not only what we do...what we think..and even what we fail to do...then the list of all that we have counted against us grows everyday. I recall that the one of the prophets described his rightousness as "dirty rags" in the eyes of a perfect God. So to better answer your question...according to scripture the thief who hung beside Christ was told that he would be in paradise with Jesus...yet some very "good" people who would never have their sins paid for would not be acceptable. If what we count as rightousness is "dirty rags" then how would God view even the smallest of sin

again..you are asking for what Christianity believes.

Thanks for taking time to answer the questions.

I have a few more.

1. Isn't it possible for people to be genuinely repentant yet still sin on a regular and predictable basis?
You are saying that if you know you are going to sin again then you aren't seen to be 'repentant', but everyone in here is going to break one of the commandments in the next day or so.

2. Does this mean, for adultry for example, that becasue I know I am going to have inappropriate lustful thoughts that I am unrepentant before I begin?

3. How about if I suffer from psychotic/schizophrenic episodes, where I commit numerous sins but attempt to genuinely repent them while I am in a more sane state of mind?

4. Can you explain the 'substitute' thing a little further? Im not sure I understand what is meant by this term. Is it just something you do to make up for the fact we cannot hope to attain the level of sinlessness demanded by the commandments?

Thanks again.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for taking time to answer the questions.

I have a few more.

1. Isn't it possible for people to be genuinely repentant yet still sin on a regular and predictable basis?
You are saying that if you know you are going to sin again then you aren't seen to be 'repentant', but everyone in here is going to break one of the commandments in the next day or so.

2. Does this mean, for adultry for example, that becasue I know I am going to have inappropriate lustful thoughts that I am unrepentant before I begin?

3. How about if I suffer from psychotic/schizophrenic episodes, where I commit numerous sins but attempt to genuinely repent them while I am in a more sane state of mind?

4. Can you explain the 'substitute' thing a little further? Im not sure I understand what is meant by this term. Is it just something you do to make up for the fact we cannot hope to attain the level of sinlessness demanded by the commandments?

Thanks again.

NM

To understand Salvation you must understand the two componants: Justification and Sanctification. Justification is an act of God's free grace, wherein he pardons all our sins and accepts us as righteous in his sight. From my understanding that means Christ died Once for all our sins. All that is needed is true repentance and belief. Sanctification is the continuous operation of the Holy Spirit by which he purifies the sinner from sin, renews his holy nature in the image of God, and enables him to perform good works. Our continued sin does not affect Justification but definatly hampers Sanctification. One can still have a life without blessings by not allowing sanctification due to his continued sin...but that does not mean that he is not Justified in Gods sight.
That being said...we all sin and continue to sin aven after repentance..the Bible states that "He who says he is without sin is a liar and the truth is not in them"..soooo there is a constant battle in our bodies between the old nature and the new nature...Which one wins?..its like two dogs that are identical in every way..if they fight, the one that will win is the one that you feed the most.
Also keep in mind the fact of accountability...small children, the mentally disabled...ect,... are not held accountable for that which they cannot mentally understand.
In regards to your last question...Christ is the substitute for our sins...our sins have to be oaid for since heaven reguires us to be "perfect"...someone is going to pay that price...if we pay the price we will go to hell and pay for eternity...if we allow Christ to pay the price, since he was perfect and takes all those sins upon himself he can be our substitute and we can enter heaven blameless

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-17-2006, 04:07 PM
To understand Salvation you must understand the two componants: Justification and Sanctification. Justification is an act of God's free grace, wherein he pardons all our sins and accepts us as righteous in his sight. From my understanding that means Christ died Once for all our sins. All that is needed is true repentance and belief. Sanctification is the continuous operation of the Holy Spirit by which he purifies the sinner from sin, renews his holy nature in the image of God, and enables him to perform good works. Our continued sin does not affect Justification but definatly hampers Sanctification. One can still have a life without blessings by not allowing sanctification due to his continued sin...but that does not mean that he is not Justified in Gods sight.
That being said...we all sin and continue to sin aven after repentance..the Bible states that "He who says he is without sin is a liar and the truth is not in them"..soooo there is a constant battle in our bodies between the old nature and the new nature...Which one wins?..its like two dogs that are identical in every way..if they fight, the one that will win is the one that you feed the most.
Also keep in mind the fact of accountability...small children, the mentally disabled...ect,... are not held accountable for that which they cannot mentally understand.
In regards to your last question...Christ is the substitute for our sins...our sins have to be oaid for since heaven reguires us to be "perfect"...someone is going to pay that price...if we pay the price we will go to hell and pay for eternity...if we allow Christ to pay the price, since he was perfect and takes all those sins upon himself he can be our substitute and we can enter heaven blameless[/QUOTE]

3 to be 4
08-17-2006, 07:54 PM
thank you Lamberts. awesome stuff.

the thing is, once you are Saved, you start to understand this stuff clearer. Its not about understanding and then believing. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding..........

and also, a Born again Christian isnt, as you say, looking for loopholes. if you are looking for them, you probably arent ready to accept Christ anyway. Its a repented heart looking to change your ways that usually comes to Christ.

But you explained things much better than I.

blackvelvet
08-19-2006, 11:01 AM
same here. one that i don't get is the last one. I said, i don't worship any false gods, and the results said i picked yes. ?? Oh well. At least it's a fake, and not the real thing.