PDA

View Full Version : Please Get rid of Haley heres why.....

Plasiton
01-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Hey I have a great idea.Lets run up the middle again.Was this the most non exsplosive steelers offense ever?Todd Haley couldn't keep his head coaching job because of his inaffective offensive game plan.Why would he get to keep his OFF CO job because of it?The steelers don't have a Bettis like back anymore.I mean there were games this year that I literally could call every play the whole game.If I can do that don't you think other teams D Co's can't?Oh wait, they did.In EVERY game this year.I mean PLAIN JANE game plans Haley.Your horrible.I know 12 year olds that call a better game on Maddon than you do.I know the excuse for getting rid of Ariens was that Big Ben got hit too much.Well guess what.We gave up more sacks than last year.Ben had one of the worst injuries he's ever had this year.Statisically our offense was down in almost ever catagory this year.Player by player, all individual statistics were down.Our rushing game has gone from ground and pound, with nice outside speed to OMG predictable.I mean what exactly did Haley bring to the team that gets him anouther year of work with this orginazation?
Also.Tomlin.I like you a lot.But, we have missed the playoffs 2 of the past 4 seasons.You need to get it together.This is simply inexcusable from the greatest football orginazation in the world.we aren't the cowboys or dolphins for gods sakes.
Watching my Steelers this year was embarassing.
One more thing.Can you guys please get a new conditioning coach.I am tired of watching our players go down every game.Its almost epidemic now.Every year we lose half our team to injuries.That say to me someone isn't doing their job.
But then I think a lot of heads for the steelers should be on the chopping block. I have been a fan for 40 years.Since the day I was born, no other team has gotten my time, money, or cheers except the Steelers.This was one of the worst Black and Gold teams I have ever seen.The fact we have more talent than most teams in the League, and we just stunk it up all year.Makes me physically ill.
Please fire Haley.Don't waste anouther year on a man that doesn't know how to use the personel he has on the field.
One more thing.To all the offensive and defensive players ST's too.PICK IT UP GUYS.
You looked horrible out there this year.Too many drops, fumbles, missed tackles, and big plays given up in ALL phases this year.Simply embarassing guys.
I am an ashamed Steelers fan.This is NOT STEELERS FOOTBALL!
That is all for now.

Bayz101
01-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes, lets fire an offensive coordinator after his first year.

steelfury02
01-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Hey I have a great idea.Lets run up the middle again.Was this the most non exsplosive steelers offense ever?Todd Haley couldn't keep his head coaching job because of his inaffective offensive game plan.Why would he get to keep his OFF CO job because of it?The steelers don't have a Bettis like back anymore.I mean there were games this year that I literally could call every play the whole game.If I can do that don't you think other teams D Co's can't?Oh wait, they did.In EVERY game this year.I mean PLAIN JANE game plans Haley.Your horrible.I know 12 year olds that call a better game on Maddon than you do.I know the excuse for getting rid of Ariens was that Big Ben got hit too much.Well guess what.We gave up more sacks than last year.Ben had one of the worst injuries he's ever had this year.Statisically our offense was down in almost ever catagory this year.Player by player, all individual statistics were down.Our rushing game has gone from ground and pound, with nice outside speed to OMG predictable.I mean what exactly did Haley bring to the team that gets him anouther year of work with this orginazation?
Also.Tomlin.I like you a lot.But, we have missed the playoffs 2 of the past 4 seasons.You need to get it together.This is simply inexcusable from the greatest football orginazation in the world.we aren't the cowboys or dolphins for gods sakes.
One more thing.Can you guys please get a new conditioning coach.I am tired of watching our players go down every game.Its almost epidemic now.Every year we lose half our team to injuries.That say to me someone isn't doing their job.
But then I think a lot of heads for the steelers should be on the chopping block. I have been a fan for 40 years.Since the day I was born, no other team has gotten my time, money, or cheers except the Steelers.This was one of the worst Black and Gold teams I have ever seen.The fact we have more talent than most teams in the League, and we just stunk it up all year.Makes me physically ill.
Please fire Haley.Don't waste anouther year on a man that doesn't know how to use the personel he has on the field.
One more thing.To all the offensive and defensive players ST's too.PICK IT UP GUYS.
You looked horrible out there this year.Too many drops, fumbles, missed tackles, and big plays given up in ALL phases this year.Simply embarassing guys.
That is all for now.

I have disabled family members, so I'm allowed to say this - if this is some sort of social worker helping their client enjoy their favorite team and spending some time with their fellow fans, I applaud you - I just ask that you copy edit afterwards so we can provide your client with a meaningful response

If not, one of our many helpful members, including myself will point you to the Haley is a marty-baller, or was it lover? ...threads where we can verbally duke it out! lol:flap:

Plasiton
01-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Where have you people been?Haley was horrible before he got to pittsburgh.He is horrible now.I don't care how many years you give him.Our offense this year was pathetic.The players played like crud.The coaches got out coached by almost every team they played, even in our wins.We looked BAD.Steelers are going in the wrong direction.I don't expect it to change anytime soon either.Meanwhile we had better start drafting better as well.Because the last 4 or 5 years are busting except for maybe pouncey.If he can quit getting hurt.
By the way I am new to this forum.I don't know any links or topics prior to the first one I posted.Sorry.

Terminator
01-18-2013, 10:46 AM

Sounds like a good plan to me :noidea:

Haley sucks balls. And I will personally make a bet with anyone that we miss out on the playoff's next season again, specifically because of a lackluster offense.

steelfury02
01-18-2013, 10:46 AM
Where have you people been?Haley was horrible before he got to pittsburgh.He is horrible now.I don't care how many years you give him.Our offense this year was pathetic.The players played like crud.The coaches got out coached by almost every team they played, even in our wins.We looked BAD.Steelers are going in the wrong direction.I don't expect it to change anytime soon either.Meanwhile we had better start drafting better as well.Because the last 4 or 5 years are busting except for maybe pouncey.If he can quit getting hurt.
By the way I am new to this forum.I don't know any links or topics prior to the first one I posted.Sorry.

who do you want instead for this magical fix?

BKAnthem
01-18-2013, 10:50 AM
I definitely agree with you on the Strength and condtioning,

MACH1
01-18-2013, 11:00 AM
:doh: That is all.

teegre
01-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Exit the ubiquitous "Wallace" threads.

Insert the obligatory & redundant "Fire Haley" threads.

SteelersCanada
01-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Why do these threads have the problem isolated completely, but with absolutely no solution?

The simple fact of the matter is, Haley had to run it up the middle. We didn't have a RB that had the speed or agility to bounce it to the outside and make a play outside the tackles. Dwyer and Redman are overweight and out of shape RBs that can only put their heads down and run it up the middle. There isn't any talent at that position on our roster.

Watching the Steelers in week 10 when we were arguably the best team in football was embarrassing? I love these threads that have absolutely no logic or reasoning whatsoever.

The playcalling could use some work, but he has another offseason with Ben to get it right. Here's an idea, let's not freak out and overreact because of one down season marred by injuries, including Ben going down. I mean, I know it's a lot to ask, but hey, let's giv'er a shot.

tony hipchest
01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
dwyer and redman were hurt all season. messageboard jockeys have no idea how to guage the pain these guys are trying to play through.

due to circumstances, many nfl players play when they have no business even standing on the sidelines.

-see troy polamalu.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey I have a great idea.Lets run up the middle again.Was this the most non exsplosive steelers offense ever?Todd Haley couldn't keep his head coaching job because of his inaffective offensive game plan.Why would he get to keep his OFF CO job because of it?The steelers don't have a Bettis like back anymore.I mean there were games this year that I literally could call every play the whole game.If I can do that don't you think other teams D Co's can't?Oh wait, they did.In EVERY game this year.I mean PLAIN JANE game plans Haley.Your horrible.I know 12 year olds that call a better game on Maddon than you do.I know the excuse for getting rid of Ariens was that Big Ben got hit too much.

So...when we had Arians-- it was, 'you have to be patient with the running game and force the opposing defense to defend it. Even if the run game does not succeed at first, you must stick to it and be patient'.

Now, the gameplan is too bland?

Some Steelers fans are never happy...

Well guess what.We gave up more sacks than last year.Ben had one of the worst injuries he's ever had this year.Statisically our offense was down in almost ever catagory this year.Player by player, all individual statistics were down.Our rushing game has gone from ground and pound, with nice outside speed to OMG predictable.I mean what exactly did Haley bring to the team that gets him anouther year of work with this orginazation?

Well guess what? Prior to the Big Ben injury, our offense was on pace to break records and Ben was having a career season.

No, he did not get sacked more this year than last. He was sacked 30 times this year, as opposed to the 40 times last year.

The run game stunk because look who we had-- an undrafted free agent that was injured to start the season (Redman), a fatass that almost ate his way out of training camp (Dwyer), a wife-beater (Rainey), and a guy who has never had a run longer than 4 yards (Batch).

Question: were you a fan of the Steelers back in the 1980's? Cowher had some rough years there when Chuck's guys aged out. Missing the playoffs two separate seasons is too much for you? Goddam Steelers fans are spoiled.

I hear the Jags are looking for a few good fans?

I don't know, kiddo. His offense was on pace to break Steelers records until Ben got hurt.

His Kurt Warner-led offense in Arizona almost stole SBXLIII from the jaws of our untouchable defense.

That is all for now.

Thank goodness for that.

SteelersCanada
01-18-2013, 11:43 AM
dwyer and redman were hurt all season. messageboard jockeys have no idea how to guage the pain these guys are trying to play through.

due to circumstances, many nfl players play when they have no business even standing on the sidelines.

-see troy polamalu.

That's not really an excuse. Arian Foster, Shady McCoy and Matt Forte were all playing hurt this season too and they actually contributed to their teams. Adrian Peterson broke 2000 yards almost to the day in which he tore his ACL.

The difference? Those are good backs. We don't know what it's like to have a good RB.

Plasiton
01-18-2013, 11:51 AM

Haley sucks balls. And I will personally make a bet with anyone that we miss out on the playoff's next season again, specifically because of a lackluster offense.

Hi Terminator.
Actually if we follow suit we will make it to, and win or lose the super bowl next year.if you look back at the past 9 years.We go like this.We finish 3rd in the division and don't make the playoffs.Then we have 2 good years.Usually get to the SuperBowl.Then we finish third again.So next year should be good,and either next or the following year we will get to the SuperBowl.But Haley throws a wrench in it.We shall see.

austinfrench76
01-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Please let's not fire Haley...I will say it again...

BB playing like and MVP, we are sitting pretty and in line to make the playoffs and possibly win the division and BB gets hurt. We regress BUT still beat Baltimore in Baltimore, BB returns, he's different, we lose games we shoudln't and we don't make the playoffs.

Haley has nothing to do with BB's BS interceptions, and make no mistake, those INT's cost us the playoffs. It was Haley's 1st year, let's see how next year goes. I mean, who are we? The freakin Cleveland Clowns??? Change coaches every year that soemthing doesn't go the way the fan base thinks it should???! NO!

Plasiton
01-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Ok I didn't mean to start a same old same old.
Our running backs are middle of the pack at best.But it was Haley that wouldn't leave well enough alone, and stick with one guy.All running backs need reps to get going.Over the course of a game, and a season.Haley would have a different back in, every down.Not letting any of them get into the role of starter, and leader of the rb core.the few times he did.We got a back to run for 100 yards or close.Yes Rashard was hurt for half the season, and worthless the other half.But we have 4 other backs Pick one.Go with it.By the way if the "backs aren't fast enough to hit the outside" then you screen, pitch,or overload that side with blockers.Or screen more to you WR's.Seamed to work pretty well last year doing it that way.

We have arguably the best 3 or 4 man corp of recievers (including the TE), in the entire league.Use them.Haley has no idea what to do with that much talent and it went to waist for most of the season.If it wasn't for the talent of said recievers Ben wouldn't of had any yards.They had to pickup all their yardage of of 3 and 4 yard dink and dunk crud.Oh I know.There were a few tosses down the field.Also the recievers dropped too many balls as well.But Haley is a joke when it comes to game planning.Except fo Miller the passing game was terrible.

I am not some 16 year old.I am 40.Sat with my uncles and mom and dad through the 70' & 80's.The best of times , the worst of times.The 90's were better.Not great.We had a payed off Super Bowl loss in 95, that tore my heart out.AND YES I do think Neil was payed.You can think what you want.this has been the best decade of Steelers football since the 70's.I appreciate that.But we have taken a back seat to the PATS for 10 years, and now we are getting (even in the good years) owned by the RAVENS for the past 3 or 4 years.By the way I live in Baltimore now.ARRRGH.
I do expect better, and more consistancy EVERY year.Not every 2 or 3 years.Period.
It is because of this I don't want to see anouther 10 year SuperBoewl drout.

The defense is going to get old waiting on this slow, predictable offense to figure out what the heck they are doing.By the way I didn't say Ben got sacked more, I said the team gave up more sacksAnd actually it might be tied with last year.
We need Players at every posistion on the team.Backup QB,2nd TE,solid 4th WR that can actually do KR's and PR's.We still need more good O linemen.
On Defense we need Linemen, LB's, CB's, and Safeties that can stay healthy.
We need Turnovers.Thats the only thing I can say about that is truely bad.We aren't getting Turnovers or Sacks.That needs to change.

The Steelers need to get better in all facets of the game.That is all.TY.:wave:

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Ok I didn't mean to start a same old same old.
Our running backs are middle of the pack at best.But it was Haley that wouldn't leave well enough alone, and stick with one guy.All running backs need reps to get going.Over the course of a game, and a season.Haley would have a different back in, every down.Not letting any of them get into the role of starter, and leader of the rb core.the few times he did.We got a back to run for 100 yards or close.Yes Rashard was hurt for half the season, and worthless the other half.But we have 4 other backs Pick one.Go with it.By the way if the "backs aren't fast enough to hit the outside" then you screen, pitch,or overload that side with blockers.Or screen more to you WR's.Seamed to work pretty well last year doing it that way.

Honestly, I think this one is on Tomlin.

We have arguably the best 3 or 4 man corp of recievers (including the TE), in the entire league.Use them.Haley has no idea what to do with that much talent and it went to waist for most of the season.If it wasn't for the talent of said recievers Ben wouldn't of had any yards.They had to pickup all their yardage of of 3 and 4 yard dink and dunk crud.Oh I know.There were a few tosses down the field.Also the recievers dropped too many balls as well.But Haley is a joke when it comes to game planning.Except fo Miller the passing game was terrible.

No, it wasn't. Ben was being mentioned in MVP conversations and our offense was on pace to break franchise records.

Haley cannot make the receivers catch the ball. Brown had an off-year, and Wallace just plain stinks as anything other than a post runner. But either way, prior to the Ben injury, this offesne was rolling. It only neeeded to work on its red zone success rate some.

The defense is going to get old waiting on this slow, predictable offense to figure out what the heck they are doing.

Actually, since the offense was 2nd in ToP, the offense was doing EVERYTHING it should to keep the defense fresh and to help them out. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

By the way I didn't say Ben got sacked more, I said the team gave up more sacksAnd actually it might be tied with last year.

And you are still wrong. 40 sacks is still more than 30.

The only one area where I think we can honestly blame Haley-- is that his offensive scheme this year was built entirely around Big ben's skillset. He had no contingency plan for if Ben got hurt.

Leftwich and Batch are two completely different types of QBs from Ben. When he got hurt, they were not ready to have the backup QB come in and take over. We need to draft or find some backup QBs that are more similar to Ben's skuillset, so we can expect them to maintain the gameplan if they have to fill in, instead of having to throw out the whole playbook as a result.

Fire Arians
01-18-2013, 04:39 PM
cool story bro!

steelfury02
01-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Haley will be here.

You mad bro? lol

vasteeler
01-18-2013, 05:11 PM
i keep telling myself to stay away from SF until our next win.....why cant i:doh:

haleys off. was working well until ben got hurt and we had to mix and match our o-line.

fer522
01-18-2013, 05:47 PM

That is all for now.

Bruce Arians why are you still mad? Didn't you just get the Arizona job? Oh wait that's why you're mad!!!!

FrancoLambert
01-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Getting rid of Haley after just 1 season would be the ultimate knee jerk reaction and
not the way the Steelers usually conduct business (character issues aside).
He DESERVES more time.

stb_steeler
01-18-2013, 09:16 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p232/sailorkiddygrade/cowjumpedoverthemoon.jpg

torpedoshell31
01-18-2013, 09:33 PM
The season ended up certainly not the way we had envisioned it, but it sure wasn't the worse season I ever witnessed as a Steeler fan. Try sitting through a 1-13 record that we had in 1969.

Plasiton
01-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Honestly, I think this one is on Tomlin.

No, it wasn't. Ben was being mentioned in MVP conversations and our offense was on pace to break franchise records.

Haley cannot make the receivers catch the ball. Brown had an off-year, and Wallace just plain stinks as anything other than a post runner. But either way, prior to the Ben injury, this offesne was rolling. It only neeeded to work on its red zone success rate some.

Actually, since the offense was 2nd in ToP, the offense was doing EVERYTHING it should to keep the defense fresh and to help them out. Couldn't be farther from the truth.

And you are still wrong. 40 sacks is still more than 30.

The only one area where I think we can honestly blame Haley-- is that his offensive scheme this year was built entirely around Big ben's skillset. He had no contingency plan for if Ben got hurt.

Leftwich and Batch are two completely different types of QBs from Ben. When he got hurt, they were not ready to have the backup QB come in and take over. We need to draft or find some backup QBs that are more similar to Ben's skuillset, so we can expect them to maintain the gameplan if they have to fill in, instead of having to throw out the whole playbook as a result.

:tt03: well lets see.

We shall compare Bens 2010 season.Because its the closest to match with this season, because he also only played 12 games.Because of the suspension.Remember he was hurt at the end of that season too.Like every season it seams like haha.they also made it to the superbowl and like last year had one of the hardest scheduals in the league.They had one of the easiest scheduals this year.I also added in 2011 season just for comparison.

2010 att/comp: 389/240 yards:3200 per:61.7 Yds/Att: 8.23 TD's:17+2 rush tds int:5
2011 15 GP :513/324 :4077 :63.2 :7.09 :21 +0 :11
2012 :449/289 :3265 :63.3 :7.30 :26 + 0 :8
Yds per game: 2010: 266 2011: 271.8 2012: 272
team sacks given up. 2011 42 2012 37.
Rushing stats: 2010: 1924 2011: 1903 2012: 1537

If I see any trend here it is that the only reason Ben had a little higher average is because Haley's horrible dink and dunk offense kept leaving us falling behind, and having to play catchup.For a guy that was supposed to protect Ben.And be a running backs coach.The running game was the worst its been in years.Run up the middle every other down with a different RB everytime for 2 yards.Then a 5 sack difference is not protecting Ben.Plus he got crushed and his life in danger with the broken rib and dislocated shoulder.Does NOT sound like his gameplan worked, or he was better than Arians.I will wait and see cause I dont own the team.Arians is a head coach now.Haley lost that gig and just put up a blown season for us.Thanks a lot.And guess what.I am angry.Very.We just put in our 3rd non playoff year in the past 6.That really pisses me off.I look at the big picture.Bens Stats were looking better because the rest of the offense is falling apart.
Haley also proved he cant call a game in clutch moments.We lost almost every loss at the end of games, the offense not getting it done.Close but no cigar.We had 4 trys to guarantee a playoff spot.The D gettin it done.The offense blowing it.I blame Tomlin, Haley, and the players.But mostly the turd Haley.LOL.

maddog78
01-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Rooney is the guy who wants 1975 football back in Pittsburgh. If he really wants to build his team around Jonathan Dwyer, may as well trade Ben while he still has trade value.

It would suck but I don't see us winning another ring trying to emulate the 1970's Steelers in a passing league.

GoFor7
01-18-2013, 11:40 PM
Rooney is the guy who wants 1975 football back in Pittsburgh. If he really wants to build his team around Jonathan Dwyer, may as well trade Ben while he still has trade value.

It would suck but I don't see us winning another ring trying to emulate the 1970's Steelers in a passing league.

Makes you wonder what Artie is thinking watching these playoffs....

"Doesn't matter what those other teams do because the Steeler way is the right way!"

Keep pounding your head into a wall Artie... :coffee:

defence
01-18-2013, 11:47 PM
:tt03: well lets see.

We shall compare Bens 2010 season.Because its the closest to match with this season, because he also only played 12 games.Because of the suspension.Remember he was hurt at the end of that season too.Like every season it seams like haha.they also made it to the superbowl and like last year had one of the hardest scheduals in the league.They had one of the easiest scheduals this year.I also added in 2011 season just for comparison.

2010 att/comp: 389/240 yards:3200 per:61.7 Yds/Att: 8.23 TD's:17+2 rush tds int:5
2011 15 GP :513/324 :4077 :63.2 :7.09 :21 +0 :11
2012 :449/289 :3265 :63.3 :7.30 :26 + 0 :8
Yds per game: 2010: 266 2011: 271.8 2012: 272
team sacks given up. 2011 42 2012 37.
Rushing stats: 2010: 1924 2011: 1903 2012: 1537

If I see any trend here it is that the only reason Ben had a little higher average is because Haley's horrible dink and dunk offense kept leaving us falling behind, and having to play catchup.For a guy that was supposed to protect Ben.And be a running backs coach.The running game was the worst its been in years.Run up the middle every other down with a different RB everytime for 2 yards.Then a 5 sack difference is not protecting Ben.Plus he got crushed and his life in danger with the broken rib and dislocated shoulder.Does NOT sound like his gameplan worked, or he was better than Arians.I will wait and see cause I dont own the team.Arians is a head coach now.Haley lost that gig and just put up a blown season for us.Thanks a lot.And guess what.I am angry.Very.We just put in our 3rd non playoff year in the past 6.That really pisses me off.I look at the big picture.Bens Stats were looking better because the rest of the offense is falling apart.
Haley also proved he cant call a game in clutch moments.We lost almost every loss at the end of games, the offense not getting it done.Close but no cigar.We had 4 trys to guarantee a playoff spot.The D gettin it done.The offense blowing it.I blame Tomlin, Haley, and the players.But mostly the turd Haley.LOL.

Hey bro!! You are completely wasting your time here. You are 100 percent correct on all you are saying. But we are dealing with fans who don't have a clue. haley was a mistake period. to give the guy another season is like just giving up on next season. So in a nutshell; you are bang on with Haley. I have no faith in this offence with him there next year.

Plasiton
01-19-2013, 01:51 AM
At least one person gets me.hahahah:hatsoff:

Plasiton
01-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Getting rid of Haley after just 1 season would be the ultimate knee jerk reaction and
not the way the Steelers usually conduct business (character issues aside).
He DESERVES more time.

In the words of Clint. "Deserves got nothin to do with it"

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2013, 12:07 PM

:doh: That is all.

:rofl:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Makes you wonder what Artie is thinking watching these playoffs....

"Doesn't matter what those other teams do because the Steeler way is the right way!"

Keep pounding your head into a wall Artie... :coffee:

He is probably thinking that of the top 10 Rushing teams in the NFL-6 made the playoffs. Of the top 20 rushing teams in the NFL...10 of them made the playoffs.

He is probably thinking that if he had a better running game, it would open up the passing game more and the Steelers would be in the playoffs.

VaDave
01-19-2013, 12:55 PM
That is all for now.

If you've only been a fan for the last 40 years, you missed out of the 1965-1968 era squads. Those WERE the worst teams I've ever seen. I understand that absolute worst was the CARD-PITS of the 40's. That may have been the worst team in the history of the NFL.

sloppyjoe
01-19-2013, 10:19 PM

if we miss the playoffs it will be because of tomlin.

lloydwoodson
01-20-2013, 12:36 AM
He is probably thinking that of the top 10 Rushing teams in the NFL-6 made the playoffs. Of the top 20 rushing teams in the NFL...10 of them made the playoffs.

He is probably thinking that if he had a better running game, it would open up the passing game more and the Steelers would be in the playoffs.

Yep the team that won each game rushed for the most yards every time (except the GB vs MIN game where MIN had their backup QB).

mikegrimey
01-20-2013, 07:12 AM
I find it hilariously sad that the OP claims he gets physically ill when watching a bad steelers team. I hope I never achieve that level of fandom, when my body's health is dependent on the steelers looking good. Congrats sir, you're a pretty big fan!

FrancoLambert
01-20-2013, 10:02 AM
In the words of Clint. "Deserves got nothin to do with it"

I must respectfully disagree with you.
The inconsistent play of the O-line (being generous here), running backs, wide receivers, and QB were more to blame than Haley's playcalling. Hmmmm.... I just listed the entire offense as being the main culprits, not the OC.
He does DESERVE another year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-20-2013, 10:54 AM
I find it hilariously sad that the OP claims he gets physically ill when watching a bad steelers team. I hope I never achieve that level of fandom, when my body's health is dependent on the steelers looking good. Congrats sir, you're a pretty big fan!

True, I have been a fan for over 30 years. I remember screaming at the TV when they drafted Troy Edwards and Jon Tait was still on the board.

I'm a pretty intense fan, but I've seen enough super bowl wins and understand that 31 teams each year get disappointed. I dont get sick when steelers lose.......I do feel sick when clowns have a weekly knee jerk reactions and want to put coaches in the hall of fame one week and fire them the next week.

steelfury02
01-20-2013, 11:27 AM
sometimes I make alphabet letters in the commode

Millers the sh!t
01-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Thank me too Platison

VictoryFormation
01-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Even though the Patriots lost, anybody that watched Tom Brady yesterday knows that he is the type of quarterback that would fit best into the Todd Haley offense. Brady is a quick-release, accurate, short-pocket-passer. Ben Roethlisberger is a very talented quarterback, but he doesn't excel in that area. Therefore, Todd Haley is not a good fit for the Steeler offense.

LVSteelersfan
01-21-2013, 03:45 PM
Haley is going nowhere. Not a reason in the world to keep bitching about him. We looked pretty damn good on offense after 9 games. It was the defense that was stinking things up in the first part of the season. Then the injuries started hitting the Offense and everything went downhill from there. When Ike went out, that sealed the deal for an 8-8 season. Who the HELL is Josh Victorian and why was he starting for the Pittsburgh Steelers? He had no business back there.

steelfury02
01-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Even though the Patriots lost, anybody that watched Tom Brady yesterday knows that he is the type of quarterback that would fit best into the Todd Haley offense. Brady is a quick-release, accurate, short-pocket-passer. Ben Roethlisberger is a very talented quarterback, but he doesn't excel in that area. Therefore, Todd Haley is not a good fit for the Steeler offense.

he was excelling at the rate of MVP-talk and a 5-3, going on 6-3 record before his injury

I'd say give it a fair shake first. The difference Between Ben and Brady in the dink and dunk, is that when guys are being smothered, Ben doesn't limp like an imp like Marsha - he makes something happen out of nothing. When Brady's guys are covered - that's it. Ben buys some extra time and improvs his way to a route that was never intended

Relax - Haley system is least of this team's concerns.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
01-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Ben needs to stop whinning about losing arians and deal with.

Blackout
01-21-2013, 05:52 PM
I thought our offensive was pretty solid before BB got injured. If they can keep it consistent throughout a whole season, and BB doesn't get injured, I definitely see us getting a SB ring.

AndyWitmyer
01-22-2013, 06:09 AM
"Hey I have a great idea.Lets run up the middle again."

Come on, let's be fair to Haley...whose playbook was apparently akin to learning a new language from the Rosetta Stone. Maybe Todd had to dumb down the offensive playcalling to something Ben could understand. "Run up the middle again" sounds like something he might get.

lloydwoodson
01-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Every team runs up the middle- some teams just execute better than others.

Running outside is how you get stopped for negative yardage.