PDA

View Full Version : Niners vs. Falcons game thread

MACH1
01-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Wheres Crabtrees 6 game suspension?

SteelersCanada
01-20-2013, 03:18 PM
He doesn't play for Pittsburgh - he gets a free pass.

Vis
01-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Atlanta looks good early again. Will they screw up in the 2nd half again?

SteelersCanada
01-20-2013, 03:44 PM
This defense was top 3 in the NFL? What?

Blacksburg Zach
01-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Julio Jones made that catch look easy.

Vis
01-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Fun game.

pczach
01-20-2013, 04:39 PM
It's what you try to explain about football to fans here. In games like this, playoff games, teams gameplan for the other team much more than a regular season game.That's why you see so many surprising outcomes in games. Atlanta can out-scheme SF. Have the right plays called against the right defenses, guess right on the tendencies of other teams on big downs, and things like that. Coaching and gameplanning can win games. That's why great teams that are too predictable sometimes struggle and go down in the playoffs. If the other team knows what's coming, they can stop it. Of course it doesn't hurt to have a guy like Julio Jones who is covered like a blanket and can still make acrobatic catches. Wouldn't it be nice if Ben had someone like that?

TRH
01-20-2013, 04:44 PM
SF looks like they're "coasting' instead of "playing". Where have i seen that before???? VERY familiar around these parts.....

Atlanta completely outplaying them 1st half. 49ers have no answer for anything Matt Ryan's doing. They better figure something out and figure something out real fast - or they'll be sitting home watching the SB on television like the rest of us.

Edman
01-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Matt Ryan can go eat one.

Kanata-Steeler
01-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Even the corupt Ref's wanna makw sure it's the dream-team scenario - just to make sure pats-49ers get in.
this ia disgusting, the guy had barely even touched Kapernick ? wtf ?

This is begginning to stink of Baseball, or NBA lies, sooooo sad.

Kanata-Steeler
01-20-2013, 05:49 PM
hopefully, Atlanta drives that pigskin, right down HarBULL and Kaputnik's throat -but hey, welcvome to the NFL playoffs.
:)

Blacksburg Zach
01-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Sh!t, the whiners are going to the Super Bowl.

PhantomJB93
01-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Fuck you Matt Ryan. Fuck you. I swear to god if the fucking Harbaugh Bowl happens because you and your piece of shit team don't know how to keep a lead...

Blacksburg Zach
01-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Fuck you Matt Ryan. Fuck you. I swear to god if the fucking Harbaugh Bowl happens because you and your piece of shit team don't know how to keep a lead...

And I just know the Harbitch bowl is going to happen the way this year is going. Anything and everything has gone wrong for Steelers fans this year.

mikegrimey
01-20-2013, 06:02 PM
^ taking it a bit hard u fink?

If it was the steelers, we would have botched up the return on that last punt

WVABE
01-20-2013, 06:04 PM
What a pathetic performance, and what a horrible call by the ref.
This game stinks with Vegas.

SteelCityMom
01-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Thank god hockey is back to distract me from this mess.

I don't even want to watch the SB this year. I can deal with the Steelers not being in it, but screw these options.

GMU Steeler
01-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Thank god hockey is back to distract me from this mess.

I don't even want to watch the SB this year. I can deal with the Steelers not being in it, but screw these options.

That makes me wish I could get into hockey. But yeah it's either going to be Harbaugh versus Harbaugh or Harbaugh versus Belichick/Brady. Sheesh. What the heck is wrong with Atlanta getting nice leads and then blowing them? First last week and now this week.

TRH
01-20-2013, 06:16 PM
if Ryan would have played the last 15 minutes like he played the 1st 3 quarters, Atlanta would have won. Damnit.

Although the most dejected player of the day wasn't even on the Atlanta squad - it was on SF's. Poor Alex Smith. Looked like he wanted to kill somebody over on the sidelines.
If i was him, it wouldn't even be 2 seconds after the SB was over and i'd be on the phone with my agent - start talking to other teams. NOW.

steelerchad
01-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Don't think Douglas made that call either, but Harbaugh whined like his brother on that one. I thought for a moment we were going to get a full on tantrum. Had they lost we would have gotten the lovely compaining about the call as to why they lost in the postgame interview. That 4th and 4 that ended was a missed call. The ref in the middle had his back to the play and I guess no one else saw the clutch, grab, and hold on by the defender for the entire route. He had him by the shirt with 2 hands for a full 3 count.

Don't really care though. Don't wan't to see 49ers with 6, but that will be the lesser of 2 evils as watching the Pats get another or the Ravens get one would make me physically ill.

zcoop
01-20-2013, 11:05 PM
if Ryan would have played the last 15 minutes like he played the 1st 3 quarters, Atlanta would have won. Damnit.

Although the most dejected player of the day wasn't even on the Atlanta squad - it was on SF's. Poor Alex Smith. Looked like he wanted to kill somebody over on the sidelines.
If i was him, it wouldn't even be 2 seconds after the SB was over and i'd be on the phone with my agent - start talking to other teams. NOW.

Typical Falcons, choke, choke, then choke some more. I had season tickets for 12 years here and went to the games for entertainment (actually supported them because they were no threat to the Steelers). There's something about the teams in the this town that just can't seem to get over the hump.

NSMaster56
01-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Typical Falcons, choke, choke, then choke some more.

This.

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Typical Falcons, choke, choke, then choke some more. I had season tickets for 12 years here and went to the games for entertainment (actually supported them because they were no threat to the Steelers). There's something about the teams in the this town that just can't seem to get over the hump.

Not to mention we had the obligatory violent crime after the game in the charming area around the Georgia Dome

Fan stabbed following Falcons loss in stable condition

A fan stabbed in the neck following the Falcons game was listed in stable condition late Sunday night at Grady Memorial Hospital, Channel 2 Action News reports.

According to Channel 2, a Falcons fan, having just left the Georgia Dome after Atlanta’s NFC Championship Game defeat, began arguing with a small group of 49ers fans in the silver lot outside Gate D. The argument escalated, say witnesses, with the Falcons booster punching a San Francisco fan.

At that point, someone pulled out a knife, slashing one of the fans, a 35-year-old man, in the throat area,

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/report-falcons-fan-stabbed-following-loss/nT3Nc/

Typical Atlanta sporting event

pczach
01-21-2013, 09:56 AM
Not to mention we had the obligatory violent crime after the game in the charming area around the Georgia Dome

Fan stabbed following Falcons loss in stable condition

A fan stabbed in the neck following the Falcons game was listed in stable condition late Sunday night at Grady Memorial Hospital, Channel 2 Action News reports.

According to Channel 2, a Falcons fan, having just left the Georgia Dome after Atlanta’s NFC Championship Game defeat, began arguing with a small group of 49ers fans in the silver lot outside Gate D. The argument escalated, say witnesses, with the Falcons booster punching a San Francisco fan.

At that point, someone pulled out a knife, slashing one of the fans, a 35-year-old man, in the throat area,

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/report-falcons-fan-stabbed-following-loss/nT3Nc/

Typical Atlanta sporting event

Wow, people are such assholes! What can possibly happen in a football game that would make you do that horseshit? Unbelievable....:poop: