sloppyjoe
01-20-2013, 09:31 PM
qb in the division.

renatus
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
1 sb vs 3 ?

desertsteel
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm not quite ready to concede that yet... but, he was the best this year and he is trending up and Ben is trending down. We shall see what the next 3-4 years hold.

sloppyjoe
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
I'm not quite ready to concede that yet... but, he was the best this year and he is trending up and Ben is trending down. We shall see what the next 3-4 years hold.

yup, two qbs headed in opposite directions.
gonna have to battle cincy for a wc spot from here on out i think

sloppyjoe
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM
1 sb vs 3 ?

old news. when was the last time ben was clutch?

SteelersCanada
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM
LOL. Oh, you just say the smartest things man.

Are you for real? You're lucky you can't get banned for stupidity.

illmatic
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
I doubt even most Ravens fans would say Flacco is better than Big Ben. He's doing great in the playoffs, but if it wasn't for that 4th quarter game-tying hail mary lats week, the same people praising him would be blaming him, for his missed throws to Smith last week.

TRH
01-20-2013, 09:49 PM
there's 10 other guys on the field also - not just Flacco. The Ravens receiving crew has been MUCH better than ours - so has their offensive line - and they have this running back, whats his name again? Rice?

SteelersCanada
01-20-2013, 09:51 PM
No, you're right sloppyjoe. The guy that was outgunned and outplayed by Charlie Batch is better than Roethlisberger. Ignoring the fact that he's missing hardware and regular season wins against Ben, he's definitely better than him.

I can't tell if this is serious or not yet. It makes me sad that this thread exists on a Steelers forum.

sloppyjoe
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
LOL. Oh, you just say the smartest things man.

Are you for real? You're lucky you can't get banned for stupidity.

still trolling me because i made you look stupid and caught you in a lie?...your vagina sore from the pounding i gave it eh?

SteelersCanada
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
still trolling me because i made you look stupid and caught you in a lie?...your vagina sore from the pounding i gave it eh?

Oh, yeah, you caught me in a lie. You caught me saying Woodley gained weight without me having personally weighed him. Yep, I lied about that. Let's ignore the fact that almost everyone the board was complaining about the fact that he gained weight, we're all bullshitting. You know better, though.

I hope you're kidding for your sake. I suggest you put your helmet on before you post so your head doesn't hit the keyboard.

Just looking out for your safety big guy.

harrison'samonster
01-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Flacco impressed me tonight, but until he wins more SB's than Ben, lol

ZoneBlitzer
01-20-2013, 09:58 PM
He didn't turn the ball over. Guy had a good game.

If the Ravens win the SB, they should cut him like they did to Dilfer.

CTSxViper
01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
Flacco proved himself tonight. Beat the (2) best QB's in the playoffs hand down :)

dez09231
01-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Who's more likely to win a head-to-head game, or any game for that matter? A Super Bowl? Who completes a higher percentage of passes? Who throws more td passes and fewer interceptions? How is Flacco better again...?

fansince'76
01-20-2013, 10:10 PM
The same Flacco that lost to Batch...in Baltimore? Yeah, OK...

lloydwoodson
01-20-2013, 10:18 PM
Flacco has thrown 15 tds and only 2 ints in his last 3 playoffs. The people who are calling Flacco bad based on his rookie and second season have their heads buried in the sand.

dez09231
01-20-2013, 10:24 PM
That's swell. Still wouldnt take him over Ben, even in a playoff game. Neither would you.

CTSxViper
01-20-2013, 10:24 PM
The same Flacco that lost to Batch...in Baltimore? Yeah, OK...

Give it up guys, everyone said we could not beat Peyton and we did, and the same said we could not beat Brady and we did. Everyone's worst nightmare Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh! Enjoy! :applaudit:

CTSxViper
01-20-2013, 10:25 PM
That's swell. Still wouldnt take him over Ben, even in a playoff game. Neither would you.

Ben, who is Ben??? Oh that Ben... LOL See you all later this year!

CTSxViper
01-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Who's more likely to win a head-to-head game, or any game for that matter? A Super Bowl? Who completes a higher percentage of passes? Who throws more td passes and fewer interceptions? How is Flacco better again...?

Compared to Ben? He was of no effect last year. Let's see how he plays later this year. Maybe he will come back strong, or maybe he will not...

dez09231
01-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Ben, who is Ben??? Oh that Ben... LOL See you all later this year!

The same Ben who has lost to Baltimore what, once? Maybe twice? The Ben who owns the Ravens, and multiple rings. You know Ben. You know Ben well.

dez09231
01-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Compared to Ben? He was of no effect last year. Let's see how he plays later this year. Maybe he will come back strong, or maybe he will not...

26 touchdown, 8 picks. Higher completion percentage, ypa, ypg, and qb rating than Flacco... oh yeah, and an MVP candidate. Word though, Ben was "no effect".

White_Steel_Wolfe
01-20-2013, 10:36 PM

Ray Rice is worth more than Joe Flacco in the Ravens offense, lol.

harrison'samonster
01-20-2013, 10:45 PM

no doubt! He is their offensive MVP

CTSxViper
01-20-2013, 10:54 PM

Umm ok sure... Flacco out threw Brady... Check your stats....

CTSxViper
01-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Read the cover of Sports Illustrated and look what Flacco did. He has earned his place finally. Sorry Ben is history and done.. You will see....

harrison'samonster
01-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Read the cover of Sports Illustrated and look what Flacco did. He has earned his place finally. Sorry Ben is history and done.. You will see....

I thought you said you were going to bed. Which issue of Sports Illustrated are we talking about? What did Flacco do that I'm suppose to look at? Is it Ben that's history and done, because on the other thread you said it was the Steelers that were history and done. Or is it your expert opinion that both are history and done? History in a good way, like George Washington?

dez09231
01-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Coming off of a career year and carrying a largely anemic offense and he's "done" at 30? You're an amazing prophet. Tell me, how many points will the Ravens lose to SF by, oh wise, obviously young sage?

SteelersCanada
01-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Ben is history and done? I'm sorry, whatever credibility to had (which was very little, by the way) is now completely gone. Stop talking like Flacco has done shit in his career. Congratulations, Flacco won a playoff game in his first 5 seasons. Roethlisberger won two Super Bowls in his first 5 seasons.

I think it's interesting to point out that Joe Flacco actually had worse stats than Ben Roethlisberger in every single statistical category except yardage, and that was only because he started 3 more games than Ben. But, no, Flacco is a better Quarterback and Ben is done, despite not having won a Super Bowl compared to Ben's two, or the fact that Ben has bent over Joe in both playoff games they've gone head to head. It's also important to note that Ben was in the MVP candidacy before he was hurt and Flacco was being unanimously laughed at because he was whining and crying for respect.

I think you should walk away with whatever shred of dignity you have left, pal. You're just embarrassing yourself.

Lady Steel
01-20-2013, 11:09 PM
I thought you said you were going to bed. Which issue of Sports Illustrated are we talking about? What did Flacco do that I'm suppose to look at? Is it Ben that's history and done, because on the other thread you said it was the Steelers that were history and done. Or is it your expert opinion that both are history and done? History in a good way, like George Washington?

:laughing:

SteelCurtain5643
01-20-2013, 11:12 PM
He's probably only playing this good because hes afraid RayRay will stab him if they lose. Yes I went there LOLZ

harrison'samonster
01-20-2013, 11:15 PM
He's probably only playing this good because hes afraid RayRay will stab him if they lose. Yes I went there LOLZ

let's put it this way, the best coaching decision Harbaugh has made in his career was only allowing plastic knives at team meals.

SteelersCanada
01-20-2013, 11:16 PM
Coming off of a career year and carrying a largely anemic offense and he's "done" at 30? You're an amazing prophet. Tell me, how many points will the Ravens lose to SF by, oh wise, obviously young sage?

I feel like I should ask him the lotto numbers for next week. He's obviously some kind of wizard that can see into the future, so let's take advantage of his miraculous gift and make some money off of it.

I'm assuming he can't do it himself because he isn't old enough to buy a lotto ticket.

dez09231
01-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Ben is history and done? I'm sorry, whatever credibility to had (which was very little, by the way) is now completely gone. Stop talking like Flacco has done shit in his career. Congratulations, Flacco won a playoff game in his first 5 seasons. Roethlisberger won two Super Bowls in his first 5 seasons.

I think it's interesting to point out that Joe Flacco actually had worse stats than Ben Roethlisberger in every single statistical category except yardage, and that was only because he started 3 more games than Ben. But, no, Flacco is a better Quarterback and Ben is done, despite not having won a Super Bowl compared to Ben's two, or the fact that Ben has bent over Joe in both playoff games they've gone head to head. It's also important to note that Ben was in the MVP candidacy before he was hurt and Flacco was being unanimously laughed at because he was whining and crying for respect.

I think you should walk away with whatever shred of dignity you have left, pal. You're just embarrassing yourself.

/thread

NSMaster56
01-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Ben has three SB appearances and two rings in his first six years (AND two head to head playoff wins OVER Flacco's Ravens), but Flacco makes his first SB after five years in the NFL and suddenly he's 'better'?

Al Gore invented the internet for retarded arguments like this.

pczach
01-21-2013, 10:20 AM
Sorry Ben is history and done.. You will see....

I'm writing that down right now. Thanks for your keen football insight.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall listening to what you were saying with 40 seconds left in the Denver game. One blown coverage, and he's a national hero. Don't get me wrong. I think Flacco is a pretty good QB. Rice, Boldin, Smith, Pitta,...they've got some really good weapons. Makes all the difference in the world.

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 02:35 PM

Catching up on typical bs posts here... Shred of dignity? Ben is overrated and let's see what he does next year. This year was pathetic, blah blah blah on his injury. Lew is was out on injuries, and so was Webb, and Suggs and some others and we still beat your team and all the others you said we could not. Flacco is showing he is a very good QB. I thinks Ben's mentality, attitude, age and arrogance will be his undoing moving forward. Time will tell...

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm writing that down right now. Thanks for your keen football insight.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall listening to what you were saying with 40 seconds left in the Denver game. One blown coverage, and he's a national hero. Don't get me wrong. I think Flacco is a pretty good QB. Rice, Boldin, Smith, Pitta,...they've got some really good weapons. Makes all the difference in the world.

I agree, I just think Ben is on a downward trend now. No question what he did in the past for you, but let's see where he is again next year...

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 02:38 PM
let's put it this way, the best coaching decision Harbaugh has made in his career was only allowing plastic knives at team meals.

LOL, Should I bring up Tomlin??? No you wouldn't want that. All this forums threads and discussions on getting rid of Tomlin? He should take clock management 101. The Ravens coach Harbaugh is offering it... :thumbsup:

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Ben has three SB appearances and two rings in his first six years (AND two head to head playoff wins OVER Flacco's Ravens), but Flacco makes his first SB after five years in the NFL and suddenly he's 'better'?

Al Gore invented the internet for retarded arguments like this.

Flacco is not better overall, just played a much better season then Ben. Flacco is playing pretty close to perfect right now. It does not take a SB win to be an elite QB.

harrison'samonster
01-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Flacco is not better overall, just played a much better season then Ben. Flacco is playing pretty close to perfect right now. It does not take a SB win to be an elite QB.

so Flacco's gonna be worth that 20 million? If you think he's outplayed Manning, and Brady, and he's better than Roethlisberger then he should be worth it.

You think he's worth it?

The_Joker
01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
qb in the division.

Sup brah, let me hit that puff puff

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 04:06 PM
so Flacco's gonna be worth that 20 million? If you think he's outplayed Manning, and Brady, and he's better than Roethlisberger then he should be worth it.

You think he's worth it?

$20 Million, not yet, but that's up to the Ravens. The amount would also take into consideration his value throughout the entire contract tenure. It may be a little to soon to look for that $ amount, but let's be honest if he wins the Superbowl, his value will absolutely increase and that's up to Steve Bisciotti. Tom Brady's Salary + bonuses for 2013 will hit close to $22M, and Peyton at $20M. His agent is looking at those (2) QB's but that is starting point for contract negotiations and I am sure the final number will be less. We'll see...

NSMaster56
01-24-2013, 07:55 PM

'Elite' is an arbitrary and unprovable term.

If the OP meant that right now this minute (and 'in the vacuum' of the 2012 season) Flacco is simply 'better' than Big Ben, sure he is (by default).

But it's such an ADD/ADHD opinion. For a few weeks Brandon Weeden might have looked like a better QB than Flacco and/or Big Ben. Who cares?

Joe Dumars might have outplayed MJ for a game or maybe even a week, too, but it doesn't really mean anything in the bigger picture.

BrandonCarr39
01-26-2013, 10:35 PM
We'll see if the Ravens can beat the Niners - the Niners D is far better than the Pats, Broncos, and Colts.

JeromeBetties63
01-26-2013, 11:55 PM
We'll see if the Ravens can beat the Niners - the Niners D is far better than the Pats, Broncos, and Colts.

It's a shame the Seahawks blew that game. They smoked the 49ers and they woulda smoked the Ravens D.

kan_t
01-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Joe Flacco blasts cold-weather Bowl

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco didn't mask his feelings Monday when he was asked about the NFL's championship being decided next year at MetLife Stadium, the first outdoor Super Bowl at a cold-weather site.

"I think it's retarded. I probably shouldn't say that. I think it's stupid," he told reporters after the Ravens arrived in New Orleans for Sunday's Super Bowl. "If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one.

"Other than that I don't really like the idea. I don't think people would react very well to it, or be glad to play anybody in that kind of weather," he said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8892985/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-rips-plan-play-2014-super-bowl-nj
:rofl:

Last time I checked, there was no retractable roof in M&T Bank Stadium.

Imagine if Ben said that.......

Fire Arians
01-29-2013, 02:52 PM
andy dalton > flacco

harrison'samonster
01-29-2013, 04:31 PM
andy dalton > flacco

very true

harrison'samonster
01-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Joe Flacco blasts cold-weather Bowl

Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco didn't mask his feelings Monday when he was asked about the NFL's championship being decided next year at MetLife Stadium, the first outdoor Super Bowl at a cold-weather site.

"I think it's retarded. I probably shouldn't say that. I think it's stupid," he told reporters after the Ravens arrived in New Orleans for Sunday's Super Bowl. "If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one.

"Other than that I don't really like the idea. I don't think people would react very well to it, or be glad to play anybody in that kind of weather," he said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8892985/joe-flacco-baltimore-ravens-rips-plan-play-2014-super-bowl-nj
:rofl:

Last time I checked, there was no retractable roof in M&T Bank Stadium.

Imagine if Ben said that.......

I think cold weather SB's should be every other year. This isn't baseball. This is football which is played in bad weather. I don't care if the final score of the game is 9-6, that's how this game should be played.

Is Joe Flacco the QB to take us that extra step into the arena league?

Buddha Bus
01-30-2013, 04:14 PM
If the Ravens win the SB, they should cut him like they did to Dilfer.

It would be better than paying him what he thinks he's worth. If the Ravens unload the dump truck of money at his feet that he wants, they are going to be doomed.