PDA

View Full Version : Got to root for Ravens over Niners

Steelers5895
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
can't have them win their 6th plus would be nice to give the Niners a Super Bowl blemish.

harrison'samonster
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
now that it's come down to it, I don't know who I'm going to root for. I will have a hard time caring who wins i guess. If the 49ers win, we'll just have to go out and take the lead next season!

lipps83
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
can't have them win their 6th plus would be nice to give the Niners a Super Bowl blemish.

That's kind of my thinking. Don't want to see the Ravens win, but I don't want the 49'ers to have 6 more. I think the 49'ers just might take it though.

Blacksburg Zach
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
I will not root for the purple browns. If the steelers want to have the most Super Bowl wins, they should get there next year and win instead of relying on another team to lose this year.

desertsteel
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM

Not in a million years will I root for the ratbirds. As for the niners winning 6... the Steelers don't need any charity. If they want to be on top then let them win number 7 next year. maybe it will light a fire under them.

OX1947
01-20-2013, 09:47 PM
I dont know, I find it hard to see B-More losing. They have so much MO and their defense shut down Brady like he was a 3rd stringer. Plus, Lewis last game ever, yah, i would find it surprising if they lose.

AndyWitmyer
01-20-2013, 09:49 PM
The Baltimore Ravens are like the Pittsburgh Steeler's obnoxious little brother with a single ring and nothing more - still, they're a great rival, they outplayed the Steelers this year, and they alone represent our division; the AFC North. To Baltimore (and a message to their fans): You've destroyed the Patriots in their house - go out there and get that 2nd ring.

AndyWitmyer
01-20-2013, 09:49 PM
And watching Tom Brady end the season with a pick in the endzone, in their own stadium? - priceless.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-20-2013, 09:58 PM
And watching Tom Brady end the season with a pick in the endzone, in their own stadium? - priceless.

Yeah, that was sweet.

Sweeter will be Ray Lewis going out a loser in the Super Bowl. I can only hope.

steelfury02
01-20-2013, 09:59 PM
I'll root for a Beyonce nipple slip - that is all

steelfury02
01-20-2013, 10:02 PM
I think Ray Lewis is going to make love to their owner aka Ray Liotta

FrancoLambert
01-20-2013, 10:05 PM
NEVER EVER ROOT FOR THE RAVENS
I won't even watch the game.
The Ray Lewis Evangelical Tour will be in full gear for the next two weeks.
By game time I'll be sick to my stomach.
Add the two Harbaugh whiners.....think I'll go to a movie.

fer522
01-20-2013, 10:06 PM
As long as the tv commercial are good I can care less who wins :noidea:

StainlessStill
01-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Worst. Case. Scenario. For. One. Nauseating. Year.

Sorry guys, sharing 6 rings is still sacred. Watching Balty is just not happening for me. Go 9'ers.

ohio blackngold
01-20-2013, 10:10 PM

hate to see either team win seeing how they're coached by 2 of the biggest crybaby coaches in the league.
but i don't wanna see gay lewis the thug go out on a winning note so...go niners...ouch that hurt saying that

Lady Steel
01-20-2013, 10:18 PM
I hate Ray Lewis and the Ratbirds. Go Niners!

AndyWitmyer
01-20-2013, 10:24 PM
:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::yeehaw:Sorry guys - I know its blasphemy, but oh well! The Ravens represent the AFC North - they played better than we did - they have one ring and are the least of my concerns when it comes to the Pittsburgh Steelers. So, yeah - my support is for Baltimore - all the way!

Oooh, and it feels so taboo!!!

zcoop
01-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Don't have a dog in the fight but I'll watch because I'm a fan of the game. Whoever wins, wins. Glad to Marcia and Bellcheat get that azz spanked though.

Cherinko
01-20-2013, 10:28 PM
Rather SF tie us in rings than Baltimore even win a preseason game. F Baltimore. Go SF.

Lady Steel
01-20-2013, 10:29 PM
:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::yeehaw:Sorry guys - I know its blasphemy, but oh well! The Ravens represent the AFC North - they played better than we did - they have one ring and are the least of my concerns when it comes to the Pittsburgh Steelers. So, yeah - my support is for Baltimore - all the way!

Oooh, and it feels so taboo!!!

Looking for my "dislike" button. :laughing: :wink:

Hawaii 5-0
01-20-2013, 10:36 PM
NEVER EVER ROOT FOR THE RAVENS

that is a rule that I also live by. :sign02:

Go 49ers...

SteelCurtain5643
01-20-2013, 10:43 PM
I can never ever root for the Ratbirds, EVER. It makes me sick to see those **********s in the superbowl. I could care less about San Fran winning a 6th, because if Ray Lewis does, omfg i think ill boycott any sports shows for such a long time. Bad enough we gotta deal with it 2 more weeks now. GO NINERS!

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-20-2013, 10:51 PM
I never thought in a million years this would happen the ratfucks vs the whiners smh

ricardisimo
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
I always root for the AFC anyways, but watching Jim Harbaugh's latest little tantrum pretty much sealed it for me.

Atlanta Dan
01-20-2013, 10:55 PM
I think Ray Lewis is going to make love to their owner aka Ray Liotta

Ray-Ray wearing the T-shirt with the photo of Art Modell was a nice touch

SoCalFan
01-20-2013, 10:59 PM
This rat team reminds me of when our Steelers won one for Bettis in his last season! Dam, no matter who wins I'm disappointed!

chuppachupp
01-20-2013, 11:14 PM
It seems like I was the only Steelers fan who was rooting for the Ravens to take out the Patriots. I don't know how anyone could root for them after they came into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship twice in the past 10 years. And with how arrogant, smug, and classless their coach and players are, I was rooting for the Ravens like I was rooting for the Steelers.

Anyways, I found these post game comments hilarious:

"Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant pricks," Suggs crowed to a media crowd, speaking about the team he loves to hate: The Patriots.

"These are the most arrogant assholes in the world, starting with [coach Bill] Belichick on down." And later he added: "That's funny, ever since Spygate they haven't been able to win."

SteelCurtain5643
01-20-2013, 11:14 PM
I dont think we will ever see as much whining and bitching on one field as we do in the super bowl. I wonder if John will grab and pull his brother back when he doesnt shake his hand lol

austinfrench76
01-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Uh, no. Sorry bro. F#ck the Ratbirds and they horse they rode in on. The main reason is the article below for me. But, this is the worst case scenario for us IMO. Would have been nice to see Atlanta win it all and not give either Bitchbaugh or Bilicheat the ring! What truly sucks is that Lewis is going to get an insufferable amount of coverage over these next 2 weeks and probably go out like Bettis. And he doesn't deserve it.

I just read an article a couple of days ago about the family of one of the kids that Ray Ray and/or his buddies stabbed and although it does seem improbable that he did it the mother says ON RECORD that it is clear that he knew what happened. Hence, the obstruction charge he plead guilty too. It's sad and the world revears him because now he "found God" and all. Sad. Here's the link to the article. Sorry if it's already been posted in another thread...

http://t.co/K7K4PZ5c

tanda10506
01-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Either way it's pathetic. We are so far away from a SB that the Niners getting their 6th will suck, but the only team I will root for Baltimore over is New England.

Hawaii 5-0
01-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Either way it's pathetic. We are so far away from a SB that the Niners getting their 6th will suck, but the only team I will root for Baltimore over is New England.

the only solace I can find regarding the Ratbirds being in the Super Bowl is that the Patriots* are not...

Steeler-in-West
01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
I was rooting for Atlanta today but the worst possible outcome occured. Can't bring myself to root for the ravens or niners or either of the Harbaughs (classless crybabies). I would actually rather root for the Houston Oilers (ha!) than these two teams,

and as anyone who remembers that classic rivalry knows, that's really tough to say for a steeler fan...

RowHH
01-21-2013, 12:02 AM
If the Taliban had a football team and they played against Baltimore, I'd have to think about it.

Go 49ers.

Hawaii 5-0
01-21-2013, 12:05 AM
If the Taliban had a football team and they played against Baltimore, I'd have to think about it.

Go 49ers.

nothing to think about...

Go Taliban!

SteeleReign
01-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Hilarious! Thanks, i needed that!

Go 49ers.

teegre
01-21-2013, 12:38 AM
Tony Hipchest & I were discussing this (earlier in this thread or in another thread)...

I respect Jim Harbaugh. He was local (University of San Diego), and turned that program around. Then, he went to my second-favorite non-alum school (Stanford), and turned that program around. Thus, not only have I been rooting for him for five years, I respect the hell out of him... (although, that clipboard throw & ensuring tantrum was a tad lame).

John... well... John is simply a whiny douche.

Reason #1 to root for SanFran.

Now... I was all for the Ravens TODAY (& today only). Why? The Taperiots cheated... and robbed the Steelers of (at least) one more SuperBowl appearance and/or robbed the Rams, Panthers, and Eagles of a SuperBowl victory.

Regardless, I felt dirty... like I had spent three hours cheering for a murderer. Oh.

Speaking of Knifey, the camera-hog, the second that the Ravens had eliminated "the greater evil", I immediately hated them again... specifically, when they kept showing "The Murderer" over & over. They went on & on about how he had rallied this team. Good God!!! I hope that Frank Gore trucks Knifey (a la The Bus trucking Urlacher, circa 2005) for the game-winning TD.

Reason #2 to root for SanFran.

SF ties the Steelers. Eh.

Knifey, the camera-hogging murderer, loses his final game. YES!!!

SteelersCanada
01-21-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm going to be cheering for Patrick Willis and that's it.

So, go Patrick Willis!

PhantomJB93
01-21-2013, 01:05 AM
I wish there was some way for the just-as-annoying-and-childish-but-still-a-decent-football-coach-unlike-his-brother Harbaugh to get fired and for the 49ers to have one less Super Bowl win. It would make my decision on who to root for much easier. But I'm still going with the 9ers without a second thought. We can still use the 6 rings argument against other fans, just not against the 9ers. Plus we'll just get 7 next year.

teegre
01-21-2013, 01:16 AM
I wish there was some way for the just-as-annoying-and-childish-but-still-a-decent-football-coach-unlike-his-brother Harbaugh to get fired and for the 49ers to have one less Super Bowl win. It would make my decision on who to root for much easier. But I'm still going with the 9ers without a second thought. We can still use the 6 rings argument against other fans, just not against the 9ers. Plus we'll just get 7 next year.

This year's SuperBowl's storyline: The Harbaugh Bowl: Ravens-49ers.

Next year's SuperBowl's storyline: The First to Seven: 49ers-Steelers.

steelers33
01-21-2013, 02:37 AM
The 49ers will win. The AFC is really down this year. The 49ers have a dominant defense, a dominant offensive line, and explosive playmakers. They will win unless Kaepernick turns the football over. I suspect the extra two weeks will help their d-lineman Justin Smith to have more recovery time from his torn triceps, which will make him and Aldon Smith more effective.

Steel_Bus_24
01-21-2013, 02:54 AM
I will not watch that sh** bowl

Seeing anyone talk about it the next two weeks will be hard enough

I will never allow myself to even entertain the idea of wanting the ravens to win.

Rick5895
01-21-2013, 04:32 AM
I always root for the AFC anyways, but watching Jim Harbaugh's latest little tantrum pretty much sealed it for me.

I usually would vote for the AFC as well, however, 2 teams I actually despise are Rabirds and Cheatriots. I tried but it was hard to watch the AFC game yesterday. There is no way I can hgope the Rats win. Steelers need to win #7. The niners being tied in SB wins is not enough for me to root for the Ratbirds. Never EVER NEVER!!

kan_t
01-21-2013, 04:46 AM
1) Never root for the Ravens.

2) There are lots of likeable 49ers players, e.g. Patrick Willis.

3) Tieing the Steelers in SB wins means little to me. Being the best frachise or not is not only measured by SB wins anyway.

4) Never root for the Ravens.

TheVet
01-21-2013, 04:48 AM
I'm going to look at the line and the matchups, figure it out, and then place my bet. Then I'll root for that team.

Right now I think it's likely to be the Ravens, because 5 points is too much of a spread in my opinion.

TheVet
01-21-2013, 04:57 AM
This year's SuperBowl's storyline: The Harbaugh Bowl: Ravens-49ers.

Next year's SuperBowl's storyline: The First to Seven: 49ers-Steelers.

:applaudit:

Now this I like!

:drink:

WVABE
01-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Ought to be an entertaining SB and a lot of crying, question is, which bro will cry the most (JIM).

AFC needs a win.

EbonySteel86
01-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Sucks being a Steelers fan watching this game, but the only team in the NFC that I would root against in the SB is Dallas. Go Niners!

The_Joker
01-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Ugh... go Rats....

:"( Why us?

maddog78
01-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Rooting against the Niners winning a 6th is like trying to hold the tide back with a broom. That team is young, loaded, and well-coached. I hope they don't have 8 the next time the Steelers are competitive.

beer72
01-21-2013, 08:39 AM
Gotta go Niners....

Steelers>NFL
01-21-2013, 08:50 AM
1) Never root for the Ravens.

2) There are lots of likeable 49ers players, e.g. Patrick Willis.

3) Tieing the Steelers in SB wins means little to me. Being the best frachise or not is not only measured by SB wins anyway.

4) Never root for the Ravens.

Took words right out of my mouth. I could care less if SF ties Pitts. in total SB wins.
It's not like it is the Cowgirls, Raiders or Ravens will tie them. Now that would suck.
So I am rooting hard for SF to send Ray Ray into promise land a loser.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-21-2013, 01:17 PM
I have a feeling that the Ravens are going to win smh

wwhickok
01-21-2013, 01:21 PM

So do I unfortunately.

All Im going to say is that it could be argued that this "post season" for the Ravens is "good for the ratings".

VictoryFormation
01-21-2013, 02:56 PM
No way that I could root for the Ravens to win the Super Bowl, no matter what. If I was at the game, and the Ravens were about to score the game-winning touch down, I would run out onto the field, grab the football off the line, and run away with it until security finally tackled me, and put me away.

http://i47.tinypic.com/24zf31y.jpg

LVSteelersfan
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Are the Ratbirds in the Super Bowl? Who cares? Didn't watch the game because it was two douchebag teams that I hate with a passion. I hope someone knocks Ray Lewis into next week and the 49ers win by 5 TDs. Will never root for Ratbirds. It is the Steelers own fault that the 49ers are possibly going to make it to 6 before we got to 7. Should have beaten Green Bay and Dallas both. May the Steelers be the first team to 7. Eff the Ratbirds and the bus they rode in on. I will never ever root for them.

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2013, 03:22 PM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend

http://www.netnax.net/imgs/sports/san-francisco-49ers1.png

LVSteelersfan
01-21-2013, 03:29 PM

No way the Ratbirds will win. That defense is going to knock unibrow into next week. Doesn't matter what their defense does. Flacco will be on his backo so much he will never be able to even get a pass away. The Ratbirds are totally outmatched in this one. Not even close. Unless there is a conspiracy and the refs let the Ratbirds win so Ray Lewis can go out on a winning note. I sure hope not. There were some horrendous non-calls in that Atlanta game yesterday. No way the 49ers should be in it. Didn't watch the other game. Had no desire to watch them. The only reason I am going to watch the Super Bowl is a good friend of mine who is a 49er fan (no accounting for taste) is having a Super Bowl party. PARTY, PARTY, PARTY. Who cares who wins. I hope they play to a tie that they can never break. Game goes on for hours and hours and hours and never ends. So they make the Harbaugh brothers go out in a cage match to break the tie. Oh well, it was a good thought any way.

madtowndrunkard
01-21-2013, 03:55 PM
I will never root for the Ravens... 49ers all the way!!!

In fact I hope the Ravens lose on a last second FG...by a horrible 49ers kicker. That way it will hurt 10X as much as the likely ass whoopin they are about to receive.

I see it this way... the Ravens are a product of consistency and discipline on the field... they've got strength and a couple playmakers on both sides to win games because the other guy is likely to make more mistakes. They win with experience and consistency.

Against a team like NE - they can win it because the only way to beat brady is to be disciplined and mistake free....... against a team like the 49ers with brute force in the trenches and explosive speed by their play makers... it's a recipe for disaster for the Ravens.

The niners exposed the Packers with their speed... the Ravens are going to have similar problems that the packers had. The ball hawking skills of Reed will be meaningless in a game like this. The Ravens LB's can fluster a pocket QB... with the niners...they'll have to pick their poison.

The Falcons offense was good enough to make it a game.. the Ravens won't have that luxury. I'll agree it's probably the worst matchup we've seen in years...but it will be fun to watch the Ravens lose.

MasterOfPuppets
01-21-2013, 04:02 PM
way!!!

In fact I hope the Ravens lose on a last second FG...by a horrible 49ers kicker. .
i'm rooting for a horrible beat down...something along the lines of 42-0....:noidea:

Stairway2-7
01-21-2013, 04:05 PM
Ill be cheering the Ravens over the Niners.

AndyWitmyer
01-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Man, talk about being blinded by hate - I understand and actually respect the depth of competition that makes the Steelers-Ravens rivalry among the best league has ever seen - but some of the "Ratbird" statements remind of stuff I (and some of my friends) might have said in 4th or 5th grade. No offense, but holy cow. I'd rather root for a team with one ring and a rivalry, than a team with 5 going on 6 rings that I have no feeling for one way or the other.

Some of you are acting as though the "Stairway to Seven" is only just around the corner. May I remind you how long it took just to get to ring number 6? While I'm as hopeful as any other fan of the black and gold that seven is just around the corner, to blithely assume that it's no big deal if the 49ers tie us because we'll be gettin' number 7 in a year or two - well, just be careful what you wish for.

steelerchad
01-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Man, talk about being blinded by hate - I understand and actually respect the depth of competition that makes the Steelers-Ravens rivalry among the best league has ever seen - but some of the "Ratbird" statements remind of stuff I (and some of my friends) might have said in 4th or 5th grade. No offense, but holy cow. I'd rather root for a team with one ring and a rivalry, than a team with 5 going on 6 rings that I have no feeling for one way or the other.

Some of you are acting as though the "Stairway to Seven" is only just around the corner. May I remind you how long it took just to get to ring number 6? While I'm as hopeful as any other fan of the black and gold that seven is just around the corner, to blithely assume that it's no big deal if the 49ers tie us because we'll be gettin' number 7 in a year or two - well, just be careful what you wish for.

Good point.
I would be willing to bet if Vegas had odds on which team would win 7 first right now, the 49ers would be a slight favorite even before this Super Bowl is played. If the 49ers win, they would definately be a favorite to get there first.

That being said. Can't cheer for the Ravens. Just can't do it.

Ricco Suavez
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
I got to breathe or die, I dont't got to root for the Ravens. I hate the Ravens, the Raven Players, the Raven coaches, the Raven Fans, and the Raven loving media. I am a hater, a hater of anything Raven, I hate Raven Symone, Raven haired swim suit models. I hope the 49ers beat them the worst any team has ever been beat in a SB. I hope Ray Lewis is stabbed in the tunnel by the families of his victims and they get a deal to beat the rap while exalting the Lord almighty in a way most convincing.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-21-2013, 05:28 PM
I got to breathe or die, I dont't got to root for the Ravens. I hate the Ravens, the Raven Players, the Raven coaches, the Raven Fans, and the Raven loving media. I am a hater, a hater of anything Raven, I hate Raven Symone, Raven haired swim suit models. I hope the 49ers beat them the worst any team has ever been beat in a SB. I hope Ray Lewis is stabbed in the tunnel by the families of his victims and they get a deal to beat the rap while exalting the Lord almighty in a way most convincing.

:rofl:

Stangboy06
01-21-2013, 05:32 PM
I dont know, I find it hard to see B-More losing. They have so much MO and their defense shut down Brady like he was a 3rd stringer. Plus, Lewis last game ever, yah, i would find it surprising if they lose.

there gonna win for the KILLA!

Wallace17
01-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Oh my god kill me! I do not want either team to win. All i am hearing is how good flacco is. The world could of ended im december and I would have been happy. At least there is a penguins game on feb 3rd. Go ratbirds we are the only team that can call us sixburgh

steelfury02
01-22-2013, 09:53 AM

Maybe Steelers Fever Moderators and Admins can make a suggestion on what shots to down, or what medication to take for a SB pairing such as this - I usually get excited to watch the SB, no matter who is in it. It would be different if someone else was in over our hated rivals, or if they were in, but they were going up against the Falcons. To have the NFC equivalents of the Ravens and my 2nd least favorite coach go up against my most hated team - this is a BAD SB - and, honestly - I will watch it - but won't be paying close attention like I normally do - probably because of the beer and wings :drink:

All that said, let's at least keep 1 thing clear - we'll get to see 2 Harbaughs crying and whining - which is good joking material - AND 1 of them will go home heartbroken, while the other knows they had to beat their brother to do it. Seems poetic for a couple of whiners to me. :tt03:

FanSince72
01-22-2013, 12:28 PM

The way I look at it is that SF may win its sixth, but we've been to eight, which is more than they can say.

stb_steeler
01-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Yeah SB's are hard to come by, if niners tie us guess what?. They'll be almost just as good next year unless the ole SB hangover takes affect.

Fire Arians
01-22-2013, 03:05 PM
i can never root for the ravens no matter what, even if the niners were playing for #7

i want to see ray lewis cry his eyeballs out in disappointment, that will make the season for me

4G63
01-23-2013, 02:43 PM
No way the Ratbirds will win. That defense is going to knock unibrow into next week. Doesn't matter what their defense does. Flacco will be on his backo so much he will never be able to even get a pass away. The Ratbirds are totally outmatched in this one. Not even close. Unless there is a conspiracy and the refs let the Ratbirds win so Ray Lewis can go out on a winning note. I sure hope not. There were some horrendous non-calls in that Atlanta game yesterday. No way the 49ers should be in it. Didn't watch the other game. Had no desire to watch them. The only reason I am going to watch the Super Bowl is a good friend of mine who is a 49er fan (no accounting for taste) is having a Super Bowl party. PARTY, PARTY, PARTY. Who cares who wins. I hope they play to a tie that they can never break. Game goes on for hours and hours and hours and never ends. So they make the Harbaugh brothers go out in a cage match to break the tie. Oh well, it was a good thought any way.

Based on what? The Broncos had the best pass rush/most sacks this year and only managed one coverage sack in overtime. Flacco was sacked once against the Patriots. Hate to break it to you but the current arrangement of the O-line has been phenomenal this post season and I don't foresee the 49'ers fairing much better. We'll obviously see though...

Fire Arians
01-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Based on what? The Broncos had the best pass rush/most sacks this year and only managed one coverage sack in overtime. Flacco was sacked once against the Patriots. Hate to break it to you but the current arrangement of the O-line has been phenomenal this post season and I don't foresee the 49'ers fairing much better. We'll obviously see though...

aldon smith is gonna eat flacco's lunch

LVSteelersfan
01-23-2013, 04:07 PM

You can dream all you want. The 49ers defense is much better than the Broncos defense. There is no comparison between the two. Flacco will be flustered into many mistakes. Count on it.

BritishSteel
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Asking whether to root for The Fake Browns and the 69ers is a bit like asking whether you'd prefer being kicked in the nuts or punched in the face.

I'll go with the 'who the fuck cares' and watch re-runs of The Rockford Files.

Ricco Suavez
01-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Like me some James Garner, a man's man.

SteelersCanada
01-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Don't compare the Patriots front 7 to the 49ers front 7. Vince Wilfork and Chandler Jones are very good, yes, but other than that, they're young and inexperienced. Aldon Smith and Justin Smith along with Bowman and Willis will be able to get to Flacco - don't kid yourself. They're going to have to adjust their gameplan to fit the pass rush that the 9ers possess or they're going to get their shit pumped.

I hope that Oher doesn't start at LT because Aldon Smith will take him on a date, make him pay for dinner and then bend him over at the end of it.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2013, 07:34 PM
49ers defense is a lot better than the Pats. But if the Ravens can protect the ball they've got a chance.

i82much
01-23-2013, 07:34 PM
You can dream all you want. The 49ers defense is much better than the Broncos defense. There is no comparison between the two. Flacco will be flustered into many mistakes. Count on it.

Not picking on you, but it took me about 20 seconds to find these in your post history:

"Rooting for the Broncos because I have a lot of family and friends that live in the Denver area and are fans. Can't stand Ratbirds ... Ratbirds will get their butts kicked."

"Hate Ratbirds number 1. Hate Patsies number 2. I hope they kill each other and whoever wins can barely limp into the Super Bowl. The reality is that the Ratbirds are going to get creamed by New England."

Just sayin'.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
01-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Don't compare the Patriots front 7 to the 49ers front 7. Vince Wilfork and Chandler Jones are very good, yes, but other than that, they're young and inexperienced. Aldon Smith and Justin Smith along with Bowman and Willis will be able to get to Flacco - don't kid yourself. They're going to have to adjust their gameplan to fit the pass rush that the 9ers possess or they're going to get their shit pumped.

I hope that Oher doesn't start at LT because Aldon Smith will take him on a date, make him pay for dinner and then bend him over at the end of it.

Ohers been playing rt.

I'm for the niners. I don't want to see Lewis preaching and cryin for 4 months. Th niners had 5 when we had 4 so I doesn't bother me they will have only tried us, it's not like there going for seven. As a steelers fan you can't want the ravens to win.

SteelersCanada
01-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Ohers been playing rt.

I'm for the niners. I don't want to see Lewis preaching and cryin for 4 months. Th niners had 5 when we had 4 so I doesn't bother me they will have only tried us, it's not like there going for seven. As a steelers fan you can't want the ravens to win.

McKinnie is playing LT? I don't know, that seems like a sideways move to me.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2013, 07:45 PM
McKinnie is playing LT? I don't know, that seems like a sideways move to me.

they're using Oher's run blocking skills to run to the right side now that they've made the switch. Oher's never seemed that special of a LT to me to begin with, but I'm no expert on line-men

SteelersCanada
01-23-2013, 07:51 PM
they're using Oher's run blocking skills to run to the right side now that they've made the switch. Oher's never seemed that special of a LT to me to begin with, but I'm no expert on line-men

Makes sense. He's not that great a LT, you're right. He's a good run blocking Tackle though.

Even still, I don't see McKinnie having that much success going against Aldon Smith and they're going to have to have Rice chip and head into the flat if they're going to have any success stopping him. Quick routes and dump-offs to Rice into the flat is how they're going to have success. I very, very much doubt Flacco is going to have a clean pocket, let alone time to hit guys like Boldin or Smith deep down the field. I hope we're all ready to see Flacco do his signature throw-it-and-hope-for-a-flag play because it's some how been working this season.

teegre
01-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Not picking on you, but it took me about 20 seconds to find these in your post history:

"Rooting for the Broncos because I have a lot of family and friends that live in the Denver area and are fans. Can't stand Ratbirds ... Ratbirds will get their butts kicked."

"Hate Ratbirds number 1. Hate Patsies number 2. I hope they kill each other and whoever wins can barely limp into the Super Bowl. The reality is that the Ratbirds are going to get creamed by New England."

Just sayin'.

Third time's a charm.

Just sayin'... :wink02:

i82much
01-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Third time's a charm.

Just sayin'... :wink02:

hah! touche ... with an accent over the "e" that i don't know how to type ...

torpedoshell31
01-23-2013, 09:13 PM
When Winston Churchill was asked how he could make a pact with Stalin in order to defeat Hitler, he replied "If Hitler invades Hell, I'll make a pact with the devil!" This is how I feel about rooting for the 49ers, if the Ravens were playing the Hades Pitchforks, I'd root for the Pitchforks.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2013, 09:17 PM
When Winston Churchill was asked how he could make a pact with Stalin in order to defeat Hitler, he replied "If Hitler invades Hell, I'll make a pact with the devil!" This is how I feel about rooting for the 49ers, if the Ravens were playing the Hades Pitchforks, I'd root for the Pitchforks.

Ha! nice

MasterOfPuppets
01-23-2013, 10:38 PM
INDEED....i'd root for the taliban before the ratbirds ...:popcorn:

fstar129
01-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Trust me I cant stand either team or their head coaches but If I had to choose a team to stand behind it would be the... ???

On one side I really dont want Lewis to get his storybook ending. However they do represent our division the afc north.

I don't want the niners to win because they will tie the stees in sb wins. Not only that but this niners team is really good. If it weren't for a couple fumbled punts last year in the nfc championship game the niners might be going for their 7th ring this year. This team has the potential to win a few sb's over the next 5 years. As long as Kapernick isnt a fluke. Unfortunately they have the coaching, talent and youth to make a run over the next few years. They remind me of the young stees core group of players that beat seattle in 06.

Many of you say you dont care if the niners tie us in sb wins if that means the Ravens lose. Who would you choose if the niners were going for their 7th ring this year?

steelersforever58
01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Not really a tough choice, my irrational hatred of lewis and the ravens exceeds my desire for the Steelers to be the only team with 6 rings. And we were first to do it.