PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis should have to watch the Super Bowl

wwhickok
01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Ray Lewis was flagged two weeks in a row for BLATANT torpedo-like helmet to helmet hits on receivers. If it were Harrison he would be suspended.

Ray Lewis should have to sit on the sidelines and watch the Baltimore Murderous Thugs lose.

steelfury02
01-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Ray Lewis was flagged two weeks in a row for BLATANT torpedo-like helmet to helmet hits on receivers. If it were Harrison he would be suspended.

Ray Lewis should have to sit on the sidelines and watch the Baltimore Murderous Thugs lose.

honestly - as much as I dislike the Ravens and Lewis's ensuing spectacle post-game - there was two calls that should have been made against the Patriots as well - for as much crappy holding penalties - they overlooked Brady's spike to the leg/groin area of Reed and I believe it was on a fair catch he caught - Patriot lowered his helmet on him - pretty blatant on the last one

Quackjack
01-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Don't be a sore loser now, we have more important things to bitch about.

wwhickok
01-21-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm not being a sore loser I am speaking the truth.

I do agree with your assessment of the two incidents with the patriots.

steelfury02
01-21-2013, 09:43 AM
relax people, we're all Steelers fans here - just cause 1 of our 2 hated teams are in the SB, along with 2 annoying coaches, doesn't mean we should verbally bash each other

And please, no more butt hurt over the Rooney rule crap - having billions makes you a little nutty - Tomlin is a good coach, just breathe.

harrison'samonster
01-21-2013, 09:46 AM
I don't know if Goodell would suspend anybody for a SB game. Maybe fines, and if he was coming back next year maybe a 1 game suspension though.

SteelersCanada
01-21-2013, 10:07 AM
You're not wrong. But, this is "his last ride" so they're not going to say shit all to him. If it was Harrison, he'd be looking at a $100 000+ fine.

It's going to get really, really old over the next couple weeks hearing about this prick.

NSMaster56
01-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Ray Lewis shouldn't be suspended for the Super Bowl, but all camera operators should be banned from capturing his diva behavior.

You're retiring and it's VERY emotional...

We get it Ray-Ray.

torpedoshell31
01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Does anyone remember the SNL spoof of Ray after the Ravens last Super Bowl? They had him as a cartoon character visting the cartoon world of Disney. In it he is present when Bambi is killed and has blood splattered on his uniform from Bambi. He also steals Pinocchio and then lies about it, saying he was practicing for the game against the Steelers instead. He also is there in Beauty and the Beast when the Beast is stabbed, and he kills the Lion King and sings a song about killing a mothereffing lion. I'm sure youtube has it on their site.

GMU Steeler
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Does anyone remember the SNL spoof of Ray after the Ravens last Super Bowl? They had him as a cartoon character visting the cartoon world of Disney. In it he is present when Bambi is killed and has blood splattered on his uniform from Bambi. He also steals Pinocchio and then lies about it, saying he was practicing for the game against the Steelers instead. He also is there in Beauty and the Beast when the Beast is stabbed, and he kills the Lion King and sings a song about killing a mothereffing lion. I'm sure youtube has it on their site.

Yeah, I have a MP4 copy of it since I like SNL TV Funhouse skits. Not sure how I'd upload it here.I liked the part where Shannon Sharpe is telling Geppetto from Pinnochio to leave the man alone because he is the best linebacker in football and he didn't take your puppet.

harrison'samonster
01-24-2013, 01:58 PM

I don't know if that's the one I remember, but did he keep saying "I didn't see nothin'" and keep running away?

GMU Steeler
01-24-2013, 02:03 PM
I don't know if that's the one I remember, but did he keep saying "I didn't see nothin'" and keep running away?

Yep, that's the one.

harrison'samonster
01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
Yep, that's the one.

Ha! yeah i do remember it a little.

BleedPurple
01-24-2013, 02:30 PM

You are a bitter nut whose team is out of the playoffs. Also, nobody cares about your perception of the Ravens, because as of 2010 you are the Pittsburgh Irrelevants, and we watched you lose in week 14..

harrison'samonster
01-24-2013, 02:37 PM
You are a bitter nut whose team is out of the playoffs. Also, nobody cares about your perception of the Ravens, because as of 2010 you are the Pittsburgh Irrelevants, and we watched you lose in week 14..

the OP's got a point. back to back games with penalties like that there could be a warning or fine. I hate the new rules mostly because of the inconsistency, also add to the fact that a lot of the hits occur because the offensive player lower's there own head.

BleedPurple
01-24-2013, 02:50 PM
the OP's got a point. back to back games with penalties like that there could be a warning or fine. I hate the new rules mostly because of the inconsistency, also add to the fact that a lot of the hits occur because the offensive player lower's there own head.

I agree with everything you said except that the OP has a point. He did get flagged for bogus PFs, which could have resulted in a suspension. They were completely bogus, as you can see he is leading with the shoulder, not the helmet.

The shoulder makess contact first in both of this hits. Unfortunately, if my 1st grade anatomy serves me, the shoulder is connected pretty closely to the head, and where the shoulder goes the head follows.

When you hit a man in the chest with your shoulder, his momentum is going to cause his head to whip forward and down, driving his chin to his chest. When that happens your helmets are going to touch, no question, every single time. In real time it is impossible to distinguish head or shoulder first, so they just kind of whip the flag out for any hit that looks hard, as long as you are not a running back, which is a whole different hypocrisy.

NSMaster56
01-24-2013, 07:00 PM

:rofl:

Pot, meet kettle.

You do realize that one could point out that "you are just a bitter Ravens fan whose team is still 5 Super Bowls behind the Steelers. Also, nobody cares about your perception of the Steelers, because they have watched you lose for the last 11 years" right?

But that'd just be an objective POV.

BleedPurple
01-25-2013, 10:44 PM
:rofl:

Pot, meet kettle.

You do realize that one could point out that "you are just a bitter Ravens fan whose team is still 5 Super Bowls behind the Steelers. Also, nobody cares about your perception of the Steelers, because they have watched you lose for the last 11 years" right?

But that'd just be an objective POV.

:coffee: You've been trying for those trophies since the superbowl was implemented.

Since '96 (the year the Ravens became a football team), if we win next week, it will be dead even. Unless you want to use a near half century head start as an excuse. . .:noidea:

EDIT: and before we even go there, our history is not with the Cleveland browns, who still exist as a franchise. I would be saying the same thing if Pittsburgh brought their 4 rings to Baltimore in '96 instead of the hapless Browns, because we are the Ravens, and our history started with our first season.

Quackjack
01-26-2013, 08:20 AM
Guys guys guys, we can all agree on one thing.

Bengals fans are annoying.

NSMaster56
01-26-2013, 02:02 PM
:coffee: You've been trying for those trophies since the superbowl was implemented.

Since '96 (the year the Ravens became a football team), if we win next week, it will be dead even. Unless you want to use a near half century head start as an excuse. . .:noidea:

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Just like how you point out how the Ravens will be 'dead even' with Burgh since they moved to BAL if they win next Sunday. That is true.

The Steelers are not a case of the Habs in Hockey or Yanks in baseball beating up on a handful of teams (in a diluted playoff) and 'padding' thier title numbers.

Since the implementation of the SB and then the merger, the Steelers are, for now, GOAT (with the 49ers, Cowboys, Packers and Pats also in the discussion).

Not trying to 'pick a fight', just pointing out facts.

The Ravens are an excellent franchise and they have the last 12+ years as proof. Still, the last 12 years and this recent run to the SB shouldn't cloud judgment and lead to ADD logic where the long[er] term excellence of other franchises like the Steelers is marginalized or negated.

Don't let immediate news blind you to history.

NSMaster56
01-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Bengals fans are annoying.

Do such people exist?

Never met one. :chuckle:

BrandonCarr39
01-26-2013, 09:38 PM
Ray Lewis should be in jail(with the key thrown away) instead.

BleedPurple
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
It's not an excuse, it's a fact. Just like how you point out how the Ravens will be 'dead even' with Burgh since they moved to BAL if they win next Sunday. That is true.

The Steelers are not a case of the Habs in Hockey or Yanks in baseball beating up on a handful of teams (in a diluted playoff) and 'padding' thier title numbers.

Since the implementation of the SB and then the merger, the Steelers are, for now, GOAT (with the 49ers, Cowboys, Packers and Pats also in the discussion).

Not trying to 'pick a fight', just pointing out facts.

The Ravens are an excellent franchise and they have the last 12+ years as proof. Still, the last 12 years and this recent run to the SB shouldn't cloud judgment and lead to ADD logic where the long[er] term excellence of other franchises like the Steelers is marginalized or negated.

Don't let immediate news blind you to history.

I agree on the history, Steelers have more rings. But I'm not bitter about it as the last poster suggested for the reasons I posted. Same reason I wouldn't be bitter about a colleague having more employee of the month awards if I had been with the company for 6 months and him 10 years. It comes with the territory.

Will we have as many rings as P-burgh some day? Maybe, but I doubt it considering the league has changed so much and dynasties being so rare in the age of the free agent. But who cares, for me bragging rights change season to season.

SteelersCanada
01-30-2013, 01:04 PM
http://www.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ray-lewis-deer-antler-spray.jpg

Just sayin'.

I hope he doesn't freeze in the big lights of the Super Bowl. Ya, I have like 20 of these and they're all silly and ridiculous, but also funny.

SteelCitian
01-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Why would a Ravens fan be on here except to troll?

BleedPurple
01-30-2013, 02:24 PM
http://www.everyjoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/ray-lewis-deer-antler-spray.jpg

Just sayin'.

I hope he doesn't freeze in the big lights of the Super Bowl. Ya, I have like 20 of these and they're all silly and ridiculous, but also funny.

lol, I have seen a few good ones, on a side note could they get any more ridiculous? Does the media have to report on every whackjob with an unsubstantiated claim?

Buddha Bus
01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Does the media have to report on every whackjob with an unsubstantiated claim?

Yes.... just ask Ben Roethlisberger. :wink02:

Buddha Bus
01-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Sorry if someone already posted this.

dOQel6qiosc

NSMaster56
01-30-2013, 08:50 PM
I agree on the history, Steelers have more rings. But I'm not bitter about it as the last poster suggested for the reasons I posted. Same reason I wouldn't be bitter about a colleague having more employee of the month awards if I had been with the company for 6 months and him 10 years. It comes with the territory.

Will we have as many rings as P-burgh some day? Maybe, but I doubt it considering the league has changed so much and dynasties being so rare in the age of the free agent. But who cares, for me bragging rights change season to season.

It's all good.

You didn't sound 'bitter', just more 'little brother/Napoleon complex' like.

All other stuff aside, it's just good to have a legit rival like B-More.

Having competition of their level helps set the bar of excellence and makes victory mean a little more.

All the best on Sunday.

Lady Steel
01-31-2013, 12:02 AM
Sorry if someone already posted this.

dOQel6qiosc

"I can't get this paint off my face." :sofunny:

"I drove two blocks up and crashed into a ditch." :laughing:

"I'm going to go to the 50 yard line of the Super Dome, kneel down, and ascend into Heaven." The sad thing is, the real Ray Lewis probably actually believes that.

SteelersCanada
01-31-2013, 10:16 AM
Toomer unloads on Ray Lewis, calling him a caricature and a hypocrite

Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2013, 10:27 AM EST

Former Giants receiver Amani Toomer, who currently has a show on NBC Sports Radio Network and contributes to Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network, used plenty of words to describe Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis to Mike Garafolo of USA Today at the media center on Wednesday.

“It’s definitely all about him,” Toomer said of Lewis.

“Once a guy goes to the center of the field, goes into the victory formation on the last play of his last home game . . . . I just don’t think the Giants or any organization I’ve ever been a part of, even growing up, would allow somebody to single themselves out like that.

“If you single yourself out after you make a play, that’s one thing. But to walk out on the field reminds me of the WWE, like The Rock coming out. You’re becoming a caricature of yourself. It’s exhausting. I don’t know why somebody would want that.”

Toomer also talked about the discrepancy between Ray Lewis the Man of God and Ray Lewis the man who was accused of double murder and who pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and who has still never publicly answered this simple question, which anyone with a pulse is qualified to ask: “Ray, what happened that night?”

“If you want to say you’re Mr. Religious and all of that, have a clean record. Don’t say all of that stuff if you know there’s stuff that might come back,” Toomer said. “Those are the things that, when I look at him, I just think hypocrisy.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/31/toomer-unloads-on-ray-lewis-calling-him-a-caricature-and-a-hypocrite/

-- He's not wrong.

wwhickok
01-31-2013, 11:29 AM
SC, great post.

BleedPurple
01-31-2013, 12:08 PM
Toomer unloads on Ray Lewis, calling him a caricature and a hypocrite

Posted by Mike Florio on January 31, 2013, 10:27 AM EST

Former Giants receiver Amani Toomer, who currently has a show on NBC Sports Radio Network and contributes to Pro Football Talk on NBC Sports Network, used plenty of words to describe Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis to Mike Garafolo of USA Today at the media center on Wednesday.

“It’s definitely all about him,” Toomer said of Lewis.

“Once a guy goes to the center of the field, goes into the victory formation on the last play of his last home game . . . . I just don’t think the Giants or any organization I’ve ever been a part of, even growing up, would allow somebody to single themselves out like that.

“If you single yourself out after you make a play, that’s one thing. But to walk out on the field reminds me of the WWE, like The Rock coming out. You’re becoming a caricature of yourself. It’s exhausting. I don’t know why somebody would want that.”

Toomer also talked about the discrepancy between Ray Lewis the Man of God and Ray Lewis the man who was accused of double murder and who pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice and who has still never publicly answered this simple question, which anyone with a pulse is qualified to ask: “Ray, what happened that night?”

“If you want to say you’re Mr. Religious and all of that, have a clean record. Don’t say all of that stuff if you know there’s stuff that might come back,” Toomer said. “Those are the things that, when I look at him, I just think hypocrisy.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/31/toomer-unloads-on-ray-lewis-calling-him-a-caricature-and-a-hypocrite/

-- He's not wrong.

Yea, well. Ray's dance wasn't for Amani Toomer, or the Giants. It wasn't for the people watching, it was for Baltimore. It was his last home game, and that is the dance he does coming out of the tunnel EVERY time the defense is introduced.

I don't expect you to understand, but it was Ray's way of thanking the fans. You'll notice there hasn't been a repeat at someone else's field.

I think we've covered the murder topic in several other threads.

EDIT: A few other things. Amani Toomer played in a much bigger city for a much smaller amount of time, did not have near the accolades of Ray, and was really just not on the same level. He did not spend his entire career with the Giants, and so maybe that is why he didn't have a big send off like Ray got. Envy is an ugly thing.

Nevermore
01-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Yea, well. Ray's dance wasn't for Amani Toomer, or the Giants. It wasn't for the people watching, it was for Baltimore. It was his last home game, and that is the dance he does coming out of the tunnel EVERY time the defense is introduced.

I don't expect you to understand, but it was Ray's way of thanking the fans. You'll notice there hasn't been a repeat at someone else's field.

I think we've covered the murder topic in several other threads.

EDIT: A few other things. Amani Toomer played in a much bigger city for a much smaller amount of time, did not have near the accolades of Ray, and was really just not on the same level. He did not spend his entire career with the Giants, and so maybe that is why he didn't have a big send off like Ray got. Envy is an ugly thing.

This.

torpedoshell31
01-31-2013, 06:13 PM
I was hoping that one of the Colts would have run over and taken out Ray's knees during the middle of his dance. That was probably the most classless display I ever saw on a football field.

Nevermore
01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
I was hoping that one of the Colts would have run over and taken out Ray's knees during the middle of his dance. That was probably the most classless display I ever saw on a football field.

Because he gave every fan in that stadium that day exactly what they wanted? That he essentially gave a curtain call to his career in Baltimore after the fans chanted his name for the last 5 minutes of regualtion?

He was on his home field, with his fans screaming his name and was offered by the head coach to go out and give them what they wanted. And he did.

It had absolutely nothing to do with the Colts. It was all about a thank you to Baltimore. If you are not a Ravens fan, you will never understand.

zcoop
01-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Toomer sounds like he has a lot of built up Haterade in him. Why all the hate playa?

GMU Steeler
01-31-2013, 08:15 PM
Toomer sounds like he has a lot of built up Haterade in him. Why all the hate playa?

Ravens did beat the Giants pretty bad in that one Super Bowl but Amani had a good career and ended up getting a ring albeit at the end of his career. Anyhow, didn't see what happened when they played the Colts so I won't comment on that but I can see why his almost WWE act can annoy people. Whatever though. It's part of his game. Ravens fans can love the guy all they want and the rest of us can be annoyed by him.

i82much
02-02-2013, 05:45 PM

Oh get over yourself. Compared to Suh stomping people? TO on the Dallas Star? Come on.

ZoneBlitzer
02-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm starting to turn on Lewis. The more I think about, the more I realize that this guy definitely doped up. There's no way you come back from that injury that early. So, yeah he shouldn't be playing. Suggs too. His recovery from a triceps tear is also very suspicious.

harrison'samonster
02-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Oh get over yourself. Compared to Suh stomping people? TO on the Dallas Star? Come on.

those were the two examples I thought of when I read his quote earlier. You must be reading my mind.

That being said, it did seem disrespectful considering it was a playoff game.

ZoneBlitzer
02-02-2013, 07:09 PM
^ that was Harbaugh!s call to get him out there. He says it in an episode of Sound FX. "I want to put you out there in the victory formation,..you can do one last dance..," or words to that effect.

BleedPurple
02-02-2013, 07:21 PM

Superbowl 35 still sticks in his craw.

BleedPurple
02-02-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm starting to turn on Lewis. The more I think about, the more I realize that this guy definitely doped up. There's no way you come back from that injury that early. So, yeah he shouldn't be playing. Suggs too. His recovery from a triceps tear is also very suspicious.

Based on absolutely nothing, a dust argument. I guess Ben is doped up when he plays with a broken nose and badly sprained ankle.

Same thing with AP, Brett Favre, and every other player who has played hurt.

Ridiculous.

ZoneBlitzer
02-02-2013, 07:29 PM
^ that is a ridiculous counter. All the evidence points to him doping. 37, an injury that normally takes 6 months at minimum to heal? I don't think so. AP was out for the year and rehabbed. And a broken nose and sprained ankle are entirely different things. They are far more benign injuries.

Still I have to say that it is more than likely that a lot of the NFLers dope up. They are bigger, faster and stronger than ever. This will be the next controversy for the league to deal with.

BleedPurple
02-02-2013, 07:35 PM
^ that is a ridiculous counter. All the evidence points to him doping. 37, an injury that normally takes 6 months at minimum to heal? I don't think so. AP was out for the year and rehabbed. And a broken nose and sprained ankle are entirely different things. They are far more benign injuries.

Still I have to say that it is more than likely that a lot of the NFLers dope up. They are bigger, faster and stronger than ever. This will be the next controversy for the league to deal with.

-He's 37. That is not evidence of doping, sorry. The guy is a workout fiend and a health nut.

-He had an injury that normally takes 6 months. Again, means nothing, AP's injury would normally take a full season to get back to normal, he was playing like a madman after one offseason. his recovery was miraculous as well. Based on your standard of evidence AP is guilty. Plus Ray is in the biggest arm brace I've ever seen.

-An upper ankle sprain takes weeks to heal. Ben didn't miss a start.

harrison'samonster
02-02-2013, 08:29 PM
-He's 37. That is not evidence of doping, sorry. The guy is a workout fiend and a health nut.

-He had an injury that normally takes 6 months. Again, means nothing, AP's injury would normally take a full season to get back to normal, he was playing like a madman after one offseason. his recovery was miraculous as well. Based on your standard of evidence AP is guilty. Plus Ray is in the biggest arm brace I've ever seen.

his age plus the speedy recovery is hard to buy. We don't know if he's taken something or not, but that is suspicious.

SteelersCanada
02-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Based on absolutely nothing, a dust argument. I guess Ben is doped up when he plays with a broken nose and badly sprained ankle.

Same thing with AP, Brett Favre, and every other player who has played hurt.

Ridiculous.

Look, I'm with you that he probably didn't dope and he's just playing through a bad injury as best he can, but comparing torn triceps to a broken nose or a sprained ankle is a little silly.

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2013, 08:32 AM

ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons thinks Ray-Ray took PEDs for his miracle recovery

When Ray Lewis suffered a complete tear of his triceps in mid-October, we thought he was finished for the season only he returned to action a little more than two months later. During the third month of his "recovery," he made 17 tackles in a double-overtime playoff game in Denver. In 13-degree weather. At age 37.

So when Lewis's name landed in this week's PED scandal, nobody tumbled over in shock....

I believe that Ray Lewis cheated. I believe that to be true based on circumstantial evidence, his age, his overcompetitiveness, the history of that specific injury, and the fact that his "recovery" made my shit detector start vibrating like a chainsaw.

I believe in my right to write the previous paragraph because athletes pushed us to this point

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

From a simple cost/benefit standpoint Lewis has every incentive to do anything to recover this season. Lewis is retiring - if Goodell figures out he was doping what is Goodell going to do - suspend him?:noidea:

BleedPurple
02-03-2013, 12:57 PM
ESPN Sports Guy Bill Simmons thinks Ray-Ray took PEDs for his miracle recovery

When Ray Lewis suffered a complete tear of his triceps in mid-October, we thought he was finished for the season only he returned to action a little more than two months later. During the third month of his "recovery," he made 17 tackles in a double-overtime playoff game in Denver. In 13-degree weather. At age 37.

So when Lewis's name landed in this week's PED scandal, nobody tumbled over in shock....

I believe that Ray Lewis cheated. I believe that to be true based on circumstantial evidence, his age, his overcompetitiveness, the history of that specific injury, and the fact that his "recovery" made my shit detector start vibrating like a chainsaw.

I believe in my right to write the previous paragraph because athletes pushed us to this point

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

From a simple cost/benefit standpoint Lewis has every incentive to do anything to recover this season. Lewis is retiring - if Goodell figures out he was doping what is Goodell going to do - suspend him?:noidea:

On a side note, a huge pet peeve of mine is when people use quotation marks incorrectly when trying to provide sarcastic emphasis or in place of the words so-called. It's really bad when a professional writer does it.

For instance. You wouldn't say Ray Lewis' miraculous "recovery", because it was a recovery god damn it, you aren't questioning it, you are questioning the miracle part.

Correct: Ray Lewis' so-called "miraculous" recovery.

Incorrect: Ray Lewis' miraculous so-called "recovery".

Thanks for listening

BleedPurple
02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Look, I'm with you that he probably didn't dope and he's just playing through a bad injury as best he can, but comparing torn triceps to a broken nose or a sprained ankle is a little silly.

I agree, they aren't comparable, how about a dislocated rib / separated shoulder though? That was a miraculous recovery as well, there were reports of Ben being out the rest of the season.

I don't think Ben was doping, I'm just saying it is not unheard of to come back from injury more quickly than expected.

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2013, 02:59 PM
On a side note, a huge pet peeve of mine is when people use quotation marks incorrectly when trying to provide sarcastic emphasis or in place of the words so-called. It's really bad when a professional writer does it.

For instance. You wouldn't say Ray Lewis' miraculous "recovery", because it was a recovery god damn it, you aren't questioning it, you are questioning the miracle part.

Correct: Ray Lewis' so-called "miraculous" recovery.

Incorrect: Ray Lewis' miraculous so-called "recovery".

Thanks for listening

Why don't you e-mail Simmons :coffee:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/6831215/e-mail-sports-guy

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2013, 03:03 PM
I agree, they aren't comparable, how about a dislocated rib / separated shoulder though? That was a miraculous recovery as well, there were reports of Ben being out the rest of the season.

I don't think Ben was doping, I'm just saying it is not unheard of to come back from injury more quickly than expected.

Ravens seem to have great record recently of coming back early from "season ending" (hope I got the quotation marks in the right place according to your elements of style) injuries such as achilles tendon (Suggs) and triceps tears (Ray Ray) - perish the thought that is anything other than coincidental and because both of them are such great competitors

CTSxViper
02-03-2013, 11:46 PM
"I can't get this paint off my face." :sofunny:

"I drove two blocks up and crashed into a ditch." :laughing:

"I'm going to go to the 50 yard line of the Super Dome, kneel down, and ascend into Heaven." The sad thing is, the real Ray Lewis probably actually believes that.

To All You Lewis Haters.... Suck it down, your worst wishes came true. Ray Lewis retires and Baltimore wins and Flacco is Elite. Your team didn't and you hate it. Tough Shit! You post crap like this, and guess what... It comes back to haunt you! :flipoff:

Buddha Bus
02-03-2013, 11:48 PM
To All You Lewis Haters.... Suck it down, your worst wishes came true. Ray Lewis retires and Baltimore wins and Flacco is Elite. Your team didn't and you hate it. Tough Shit! You post crap like this, and guess what... It comes back to haunt you! :flipoff:

Funny part is, Ray Lewis DID end up watching this Super Bowl (albeit on the field). :wink02:

SteelCurtain5643
02-03-2013, 11:50 PM

Flacco is still not elite, he's nowhere near manning Brady or Rodgers

CTSxViper
02-03-2013, 11:51 PM
Funny part is, Ray Lewis DID end up watching this Super Bowl (albeit on the field). :wink02:

True... But what a way to retire. The Ravens fought hard and Lewis gets to go out in incredible style. To all who were sincere in their thanks, Thank you very much! Good luck later this year...:drink:

Buddha Bus
02-03-2013, 11:53 PM
True... But what a way to retire. The Ravens fought hard and Lewis gets to go out in incredible style. To all who were sincere in their thanks, Thank you very much! Good luck later this year...:drink:

Not gonna argue there. Very reminiscent of The Bus in Detroit.

CTSxViper
02-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Flacco is still not elite, he's nowhere near manning Brady or Rodgers

LOL you make me laugh.. He shut them both out as well as your beloved Ben. He is Elite. Deal with it. This forums entire argument was he would not be until he won a superbowl. He did and while the sting bites you in the ass, he deserves it. :thmbup:

SteelCurtain5643
02-03-2013, 11:59 PM
LOL you make me laugh.. He shut them both out as well as your beloved Ben. He is Elite. Deal with it. This forums entire argument was he would not be until he won a superbowl. He did and while the sting bites you in the ass, he deserves it. :thmbup:

No he's really not. You can't put him in the same category as those guys. Nowhere close. He lost to Charlie mutherfuckin batch. He just got hot at the right time. He's not elite and anyone who says so is delusional

CTSxViper
02-04-2013, 12:10 AM
No he's really not. You can't put him in the same category as those guys. Nowhere close. He lost to Charlie mutherfuckin batch. He just got hot at the right time. He's not elite and anyone who says so is delusional

Bullsh*t. Batch got lucky and he's a has been. Flacco rose to the top and beat all the best QB's. He endured to the end, something that Ben, Brady, & Manning could not do. It's not he who starts the race, but who finishes, and Ravens did. Read this forums posts. You contradict your own statements about him. H won the SB and is elite. He brought us to the playoffs and now all they way. Your argument holds no water. Batch won one game against us, don't even begin to compare him...

Lady Steel
02-04-2013, 12:14 AM

:toofunny:

BleedPurple
02-04-2013, 12:16 AM
Flacco is not elite, which is immeasurable and can't be slapped onto someone after one post season.

He is a champion.

He is a superbowl MVP.

He was the better QB throughout the post season.

Those are facts, let's stick to that and drop all this elite nonsense. Until he is HOF he is not elite.

GMU Steeler
02-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Flacco is not elite, which is immeasurable and can't be slapped onto someone after one post season.

He is a champion.

He is a superbowl MVP.

He was the better QB throughout the post season.

Those are facts, let's stick to that and drop all this elite nonsense. Until he is HOF he is not elite.

Have no problem with this because this is what it is.

Lady Steel
02-04-2013, 12:22 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483689_10151534411335809_170172020_n.jpg

Blacksburg Zach
02-04-2013, 12:44 AM

Wait, Flacco shut them out?. I didn't realize he was out there making tackles or forcing turnovers on defense. I give Flacco credit for playing great football and scoring a lot of points on the offensive side of the ball, but he did not shut anybody out. The defense shut out opponents, and Flacco played exceptionally well offensively by leading his team to a lot of points.

BleedPurple
02-04-2013, 01:35 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/483689_10151534411335809_170172020_n.jpg

omg I freaking love this.:applaudit: