PDA

View Full Version : Brady's Leg Kick

Ravens1
01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
What a *****. Not only is he protected by tailor made rules, but he gets away with a blatant move that others would be penalized for.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21593913/bernard-pollard-on-tom-bradys-kick-slide-thats-bull-crap

wwhickok
01-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Not going to cry over it. Ray Lewis should be suspended for 1 game for his second intentional and Blatant Helmet to Helmet hit in two games but thats not going to happen either.

harrison'samonster
01-21-2013, 02:08 PM
I don't really have a problem with what Brady did. I see it more of a reaction to protect himself (a knee-jerk reaction if you will). I would do the same thing if a 200-some lb person was possibely going to fall on me and break my ribs.

As far as Lewis' hit, I got a little sick seeing him flagged for that hit on the tight end.

SteelersCanada
01-21-2013, 02:25 PM
That hit by Lewis on Hernandez is a flag now. It wasn't a few years ago, but it is now. I understand Steelers fans wanting to defend it because that's exactly how we hit, but it's a flag and he should get fined. Clark, Harrison or Timmons would've been fined for it and Ray Ray needs to be fined too. But, of course he won't be because it's his "last ride" and he's a crying emotional fucking wreck.

Seriously, why is he always crying?

Don't get me started on that asshole Pollard.

A little bit OT: he was protecting himself from Eddy - I don't have a problem with it. If he's fined, Ray should be fined.

Ravens1
01-21-2013, 02:36 PM
No doublt knee jerk from Brady as he does all he can to protect himself, including not running it out for the first down his team so desperately needs.

I did like that the refs weren't calling every thing and just letting the men play for the most part. Some games, when there is incidental facemask grazing they call it. 30 yards and two first downs given up for roughing calls. Didn't matter,

TRH
01-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Not going to cry over it. Ray Lewis should be suspended for 1 game for his second intentional and Blatant Helmet to Helmet hit in two games but thats not going to happen either.

Once again, the NFL's "rules" are not applied to everyone and are clearly unfair and dished out at random. Same hits get fines, no fines, different fine amounts (even if same # of offenses, etc). One day soon you'll see this end up in a high-powered attorney's hands - and the NFL will have brought it on completely by themselves.

Reed "wins" suspensions after being fined (c'mon, NO ONE every wins appeals..), Lewis is "untouchable" (what else did he do in the playoff games but commit clear, violent, illegal helmet-to-helmet head hits? if you answered "nothing", you'd be correct.....), and so on, and so on....
But if Harrison and a host of other guys throughout the league who are not media or NFL darlings or don't have some kind of soap opera storyline going, would be fined immediately to the moon and beyond. We'll see if the NFL fines him for these very clear illegal helmet hits - but my guess is no.

CanuckCurtain
01-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Ed was awfully close to have knee surgery...i watched the replay a couple of times...that leg was planted or pretty close to being so but injury or no injury i think that should of been a penalty

Blackout
01-21-2013, 05:48 PM
I think Giselle taught Brady how to do that kick.

vasteeler
01-21-2013, 05:52 PM
i could buy him trying to protect himself if he had not given the extra kick at the end

harrison'samonster
01-21-2013, 06:19 PM
i could buy him trying to protect himself if he had not given the extra kick at the end

I don't know, it's definitely not a legal move, but after watching it several times, I still think even with the extra kick he could have been trying to protect himself instinctively. I guess no harm not foul.

Fire Arians
01-21-2013, 06:19 PM
i woulda laughed if he kicked ed reed in the nuts

ZoneBlitzer
01-21-2013, 06:23 PM
I thought that was a blatant kick by Brady. As for the personal fouls against the Ravens, they were a joke. You lower your shoulder to make a hit. Ray did that and so did the TE. I don't know what else your supposed to do. The game is turning into a joke. Now there is only one thing for defenders to do and that is go for the knees. That's what the NFL wants.

Ravens1
01-22-2013, 10:25 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/22/3903124/nfl-review-tom-brady-kick-patriots-ravens

steelerchad
01-22-2013, 10:29 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/22/3903124/nfl-review-tom-brady-kick-patriots-ravens

yeah. Good luck with that happening. The NFL fining or suspending an offensive player is rare, a QB unheard of, Tom Brady the golden boy of the NFL impossible.

steelerchad
01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
I don't know, it's definitely not a legal move, but after watching it several times, I still think even with the extra kick he could have been trying to protect himself instinctively. I guess no harm not foul.

Looked a lot like Suh's little extension at the end of the leg going up. split second reaction. he may have thought Reed was coming in for a hit, but doesn't really look like it to me.

torpedoshell31
01-22-2013, 08:42 PM
As was pointed out, Brady slid to protect himself instead of trying to put his head down and pick up a crucial first down. Later on a 4th down play he simply threw it out of the endzone instead of taking a hit. That's why as great as Brady is, he would never be accepted in a blue-collar town like Pittsburgh. We would rather have Ben, who despite his occassionly maddening throws at least plays his heart out and never quits on the field.

i82much
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
As was pointed out, Brady slid to protect himself instead of trying to put his head down and pick up a crucial first down. Later on a 4th down play he simply threw it out of the endzone instead of taking a hit. That's why as great as Brady is, he would never be accepted in a blue-collar town like Pittsburgh. We would rather have Ben, who despite his occassionly maddening throws at least plays his heart out and never quits on the field.

Dude gets tackled by the ref. At least Sanchez's butt-fumble was another football player. Cmon, Brady! That guy would get knocked over in an intersection by a grandma with a walker.

PATS16N0
01-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Brady's Mortal Kombat Sub-Zero combo kick was bad ass. Fuck the Ravens, injure people then cry to Goodell for fine. Wish Brady kicked his knee cap in

i82much
01-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Brady's Mortal Kombat Sub-Zero combo kick was bad ass. Fuck the Ravens, injure people then cry to Goodell for fine. Wish Brady kicked his knee cap in

Enjoy the off-season.

Unkindness
01-23-2013, 08:41 PM

It was a ***** move. He played scared all night.

Now he has been fined $10k. Should have been more.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130400/article/tom-brady-fined-10k-for-sliding-into-ed-reed

Ravens1
01-23-2013, 10:13 PM
yeah. Good luck with that happening. The NFL fining or suspending an offensive player is rare, a QB unheard of, Tom Brady the golden boy of the NFL impossible.

Glad you're not my broker.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2013, 10:25 PM
surprised they fined him. Hard to make a case that it was or wasn't intentional.

Atlanta Dan
01-23-2013, 10:34 PM

Bitter?:chuckle:

Since you we're so eager to start a "how will posterity remember Peyton" thread after his OT loss to the Ravens I am surprised you have not contributed to the "how will posterity remember Brady" thread after his latest playoff wipeout. 13 points and a shutout in the second half at home - 8 years since the last ring - looks like catching Montana and Bradshaw is getting out of reach:coffee: