PDA

View Full Version : You knew this was coming from peezie

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-17-2006, 12:29 AM
Porter missed out on all the fun yesterday concerning the comments by Mudd he fired back today..

Porter: Bring on the Colts

By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, August 17, 2006

Steelers linebacker Joey Porter usually fires first.

On Wednesday, he fired back.

Porter perked up when he saw comments from Indianapolis Colts offensive line coach Howard Mudd, who popped off to The Indianapolis Star a day earlier.

Referring to the Steelers' 21-18 victory in an AFC divisional playoff game seven months ago, Mudd said of the Steelers, "They are the champions, and I respect them, but the Pittsburgh Steelers did not beat the Colts. The Colts beat the Colts. Let's go play again. Right now."

Porter, who called the Colts "soft" the week of the game, responded sharply.

"I don't know what he's so mad about," Porter said. "(The referees) tried to help you all win that game. They tried their best to help you all win that game. The game was a blowout. We would have blown them out, for real, if you want to be that technical about it. I thought we should have beaten them by two touchdowns, easily, but with all the help they got from the refs and stuff, that gave them an opportunity to be close."

Porter was referring to officials reversing a possible game-clinching interception by safety Troy Polamalu with 5 1/2 minutes left in the game and the Steelers leading, 21-10. The NFL later said the reversal was wrong.

Porter, who had two of the Steelers' five sacks in the game, believes Mudd was wrong, too.

"When you get dogged out and beat like that and have a sour taste in your mouth that you have to sit with for six months, you can say anything," Porter said. "So, if he feels like we didn't beat them, hopefully we'll meet up again, and we'll get to settle the score again.

"We're ready right now."

OX1947
08-17-2006, 03:20 AM
Just keep fighting!!! Just KEEP FIGHTING, KEEP FIGHTING THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!! AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.....

Haiku_Dirtt
08-17-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm guessing Mudd was summoned into the HC office. Tony? Where there is smoke there is fire. "Let's just say we had protection issues!"

In a perfect world Joey retires as a Steeler.

klick81
08-17-2006, 12:04 PM
Hahahaha...sore ass losers.

SteelerFanInCA
08-17-2006, 12:08 PM
I figured it wouldn't be long before we heard from Joey. Joey's pretty much right when he says the game was a blow out. I think the score of the game made it look a lot closer that it actually was.

Way to go Peezie!!!

AZ_Steeler
08-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Mudd was out of line to say those types of comments to begin with, he's not even on the field! Their defense wasn't stopping the Steelers passing attack, the only reason the score was as close as it was is because Cowher shutdown the offense and brought out the running game. I think if Cowher had kept it going like he did in Denver the score would have been way more lopsided.

Let Mudd run his mouth though all he's doing is giving the Steelers bulletin board material in the event they meet one another in the playoffs.

I actually believe Porters comments were a little soft compared to how he normally is. Maybe I didn't read it with the right tone of voice or his mouth is out of shape :wink:

PisnNapalm
08-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Just keep fighting!!! Just KEEP FIGHTING, KEEP FIGHTING THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!! AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA.....

Is that Mudd that said that? Everytime I see him I think of Joe Besser from the 3 Stooges.

http://www.threestooges.com/bios/bios.asp?intStoogeID=5

stlrtruck
08-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Evidently the first mud-hole that was stomped in the Colts wasn't enough. So I hope we have another shot at them so we can finish the job.

Elvis
08-17-2006, 05:19 PM
So, now its gonna be the Colts that are disrespecting our Super Bowl Win. Well....... Ok.. First Quarter action... a NON Pass Interference call against the Colts that would have moved the ball deep into Colts terrortory... Bad Call... Might Have Cost Us Points!!
Then the sorriest call I have seen since the Tuck Rule call in New England a few years back... the OverTurning of An Obvious Interception.. Thats 2 plays;... one could have given us 3 or more points and the other with about 5 minutes left that would have all but finished the Colts... but the Refs wanted to give them Every Break that they could give them in their home stadium.
God Bless
Elvis

OX1947
08-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Is that Mudd that said that? Everytime I see him I think of Joe Besser from the 3 Stooges.

http://www.threestooges.com/bios/bios.asp?intStoogeID=5

Yah, I have rewinded that on the DVD so many times and just listened to it. Its the funniest thing on their....