PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker's wife rants about Ray Lewis

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2013, 02:26 PM
What a classy group:chuckle:

And the 2013 award for "best rant by a Patriots' spouse after a season-ending loss" goes to........Anna Burns Welker....

After New England's 28-13 loss to Baltimore in Sunday night's AFC title game, the wife of Patriots receiver Wes Welker went on the offensive against the Ravens' Ray Lewis on Facebook.

Burns Welker decided she'd detail some of the non-football related background of Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who will end his lengthy career with an appearance in Super Bowl XLVII in two weeks.

"Proud of my husband and the Pats," Burns Welker wrote. "By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids, 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay. What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

For accuracy's sake, I'll point out that Lewis did not have four wives, as he has never been married.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/21/nfl-wes-welker-wife-rips-ray-lewis/1851907/

SteelersCanada
01-21-2013, 02:34 PM
He's turning into a crying, babbling emotional wreck and it's getting really old seeing it. If she had said that, I think the rest of the sports world would've agreed with her.

TRH
01-21-2013, 04:11 PM
He's turning into a crying, babbling emotional wreck and it's getting really old seeing it. If she had said that, I think the rest of the sports world would've agreed with her.

Hahaha.....

I actually like Ray Lewis to a point - i think he's a great leader. But man.....every time he's on TV now, he's crying like a little bitty baby. Enough of the crying - he would seem much more noble & a warrior-like if he would just stand up like a man.

As far as the wives up in NE - whats up with them? At the 1st meeting next year, if i was Belichik, i'd tell the group "tell your wives to shut their mouths. No reporters, no "twittering", etc.. I don't want to hear another word."

Ricco Suavez
01-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Did she say anything untrue?

CanuckCurtain
01-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Didnt Brady impregnate some hollywood actress(cant remember her name) and ditch her?
Thats pretty classy right?

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Did she say anything untrue?

He has not been married 4 times

He was not "acquitted" of murder - he entered a plea to obstruction and the other charges were dropped
'
Just guessing here, but Ms. Welker may have been drinking and tweeting:noidea:

JPPT1974
01-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Even if he did not do the murders, Ray may have known about it. And did not tell in order to protect his reputation. That is something he will take to his grave one day. Been unsolved thirteen years later! :(

Blackout
01-21-2013, 05:38 PM
I think his wife is just upset that the only balls Welker hasn't dropped are his own.

harrison'samonster
01-21-2013, 05:41 PM
Maybe his wife should teach him how to catch some balls.

ouch.

Fire Arians
01-21-2013, 06:04 PM
http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Anna-Burns-Welker.jpg

she's hot, she can say anything she wants

ZoneBlitzer
01-21-2013, 06:10 PM
http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Anna-Burns-Welker.jpg

she's hot, she can say anything she wants

Damn, is that really her? I believe everything she says.

steeltheone
01-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Didnt Brady impregnate some hollywood actress(cant remember her name) and ditch her?
Thats pretty classy right?

Digging pretty deep!

Fire Arians
01-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Digging pretty deep!

i dunno, it's tom brady, so not that deep, probably 2 1/2 inches

Blackout
01-21-2013, 06:45 PM
He pees sitting down.

TRH
01-21-2013, 06:50 PM
just a skinny broad with a big-time push up bra for those little things (and plenty of air-brushing as well). She's "sorta" hot, but tens of thousands of hotter babes out there than that.

Ricco Suavez
01-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Six kids, four different women, not wives. A plea bargain not an acquittal. A semantics of words that in essence is pretty close to being spot on. Poor sport, poor judgement, but not anything that is out of line as far as his life story. A thug then, a thug now but spouting the "same stuff" that Tebow takes flack for but with less believability.

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2013, 07:00 PM
just a skinny broad with a big-time push up bra for those little things (and plenty of air-brushing as well). She's "sorta" hot, but tens of thousands of hotter babes out there than that.

OK:noidea:

http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Wes-Welkers-girlfriend-Anna-Burns2.jpg

mikegrimey
01-21-2013, 08:11 PM
That's a funny rant, guess she didn't learn anything from Mrs Brady's angry post-loss rant last year.

Anyway, Lewis is a great FB player, but his constant blubbering and douchey appeals to a higher power are annoying to me. Granted, I'm a pretty hard line atheist, but i'm okay with people who want to believe in a creator/master, but I find it pretty insulting when they think said creator/master is concerned with their pigskin play while there's a seemingly neverending problem of famine, death and destruction throughout the world.

zcoop
01-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Hahaha.....

I actually like Ray Lewis to a point - i think he's a great leader. But man.....every time he's on TV now, he's crying like a little bitty baby. Enough of the crying - he would seem much more noble & a warrior-like if he would just stand up like a man.

As far as the wives up in NE - whats up with them? At the 1st meeting next year, if i was Belichik, i'd tell the group "tell your wives to shut their mouths. No reporters, no "twittering", etc.. I don't want to hear another word."

They're building up for a new reality show, Boston Housewives of Cheats. :chuckle:

torpedoshell31
01-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Welker dropped a pass in last years Super Bowl that would have allowed them to run the clock out and win the game, yesterday's game his dropped pass when they were up 13-7, cost them 3, maybe 7 points. After his drop, they punt to the Ravens, the Ravens march down and take the lead and never look back. His drop of an easy catch was the turning point of the game.

Atlanta Dan
01-21-2013, 11:10 PM
After sobering up and having a chat with the Patriots PR folks Ms. Welker has decided she was just kidding

"I'm deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook. I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday's game.

"It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8867098/anna-burns-welker-wes-welker-wife-apologizes-ray-lewis-comments

I know she wrote every word of the apology herself and really truly is sorry:wink02:

Blackout
01-22-2013, 12:37 AM
RayRay prob made a threat.

BleedPurple
01-22-2013, 12:58 AM
Six kids, four different women, not wives. A plea bargain not an acquittal. A semantics of words that in essence is pretty close to being spot on. Poor sport, poor judgement, but not anything that is out of line as far as his life story. A thug then, a thug now but spouting the "same stuff" that Tebow takes flack for but with less believability.

The issue I take with this is that only someone who did not know Ray Lewis, who did not watch him over the past decade and how he has turned his life around since that night, who has not seen his charity work, his impact on his team and his community, his commitment to his kids that you pass judgment on him for, his love for our city and its people, would call him fake or a thug. What has he done in the past 12 years that was thuggish? Dominate at the MLB position? Raise his kids? Donate his money and his time to charity and our community in ways that really didn't get any recognition until his "A Football Life" episode?

Those tears are real because he is the heart of this team, and his game has always been about his love for football.

There is no doubt in my mind that he made a terrible mistake 12 years ago in his choice of friends, but there is also no doubt in my mind that he has spent every day since then in genuine atonement for that night.

Lady Steel
01-22-2013, 01:05 AM
OMG, I think Bleed Purple is gonna cry. :laughing:

BleedPurple
01-22-2013, 01:08 AM
OMG, I think Bleed Purple is gonna cry. :laughing:

Implying I didn't when Ray came out of the tunnel for the last time at M&T.

Don't be jealous just because there are likely 0 first ballot HOFers on your team.

EDIT: active roster only, of course.

Lady Steel
01-22-2013, 01:12 AM
Honey, I'm not jealous of anyone. I don't need to be. I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

BleedPurple
01-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Honey, I'm not jealous of anyone. I don't need to be. I'm a Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

:noidea: I saw green.

EDIT: and I'm not sure you are mocking the tears if that is Ray Lewis, Pittsburgh Steeler, last ride to the superbowl

Lady Steel
01-22-2013, 01:16 AM
:noidea: I saw green.

Then make an appointment to get your eyes checked. :chuckle:

BleedPurple
01-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Then make an appointment to get your eyes checked. :chuckle:

I'll definitely have to do that before Sunday after next, I'm throwing this party you see and there's this game I really want to watch.

PhantomJB93
01-22-2013, 02:32 AM

This zinger is going severely under-appreciated in this thread and it disturbs me.

CanuckCurtain
01-22-2013, 02:36 AM
This zinger is going severely under-appreciated in this thread and it disturbs me.

Hey it might not be long but its skinny

CanuckCurtain
01-22-2013, 02:50 AM
I meant to quote Fire's 2 1/2 comment...good one Fire

Vis
01-22-2013, 03:01 AM

How many do you have?

Blackout
01-22-2013, 06:45 AM
How many do you have?
Well he had this imaginary girlfriend awhile ago but she died in a car accident.

Best imaginary boobs ever though.

WVABE
01-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Geez, another boney skunt runnin' off at the mouth.

TRH
01-22-2013, 10:00 AM
How many do you have?

I actually have a pretty goddamn decent wife - and i much prefer her, thank you very much :coffee:

JeromeBetties63
01-22-2013, 10:10 AM
The issue I take with this is that only someone who did not know Ray Lewis, who did not watch him over the past decade and how he has turned his life around since that night, who has not seen his charity work, his impact on his team and his community, his commitment to his kids that you pass judgment on him for, his love for our city and its people, would call him fake or a thug. What has he done in the past 12 years that was thuggish? Dominate at the MLB position? Raise his kids? Donate his money and his time to charity and our community in ways that really didn't get any recognition until his "A Football Life" episode?

Those tears are real because he is the heart of this team, and his game has always been about his love for football.

There is no doubt in my mind that he made a terrible mistake 12 years ago in his choice of friends, but there is also no doubt in my mind that he has spent every day since then in genuine atonement for that night.

Bleed, I agree with you on Ray turning things around. I believe in forgiveness and second chances. However, I wonder if a part of true reconciliation wouldn't be coming clean on that night? I don't know, I wasn't there, only Ray really knows what happened....but it seems to me the families deserve the truth.

JeromeBetties63
01-22-2013, 10:14 AM
I'll definitely have to do that before Sunday after next, I'm throwing this party you see and there's this game I really want to watch.

On a side note. The Ravens forum would not allow a post like this on their site if it were the other way around. That site is so touchy.

stb_steeler
01-22-2013, 10:19 AM

http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Wes-Welkers-girlfriend-Anna-Burns2.jpg

I wouldnt kick her out of bed :wink02:

Ravens1
01-22-2013, 10:24 AM
I actually have a pretty goddamn decent wife - and i much prefer her, thank you very much :coffee:

Picture please.

BleedPurple
01-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Bleed, I agree with you on Ray turning things around. I believe in forgiveness and second chances. However, I wonder if a part of true reconciliation wouldn't be coming clean on that night? I don't know, I wasn't there, only Ray really knows what happened....but it seems to me the families deserve the truth.

He testified against his former compatriots which should count for something, but I agree that I don't know if we will ever know if that is the whole truth, but I don't think anyone should make that judgment based on the minuscule info that we do have.

BleedPurple
01-22-2013, 10:33 AM
On a side note. The Ravens forum would not allow a post like this on their site if it were the other way around. That site is so touchy.

All in good fun, just having a little back and forth. That also is one of the reasons I like this board better, the mods aren't so trigger happy. Ravens24x7 isn't as bad as the official forums though.

wwhickok
01-22-2013, 01:32 PM
First of all I agree with Welkers wife 100%

But he will prove that you don't have to be a good person to be a fist ballot HOFer

Kanata-Steeler
01-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Welker was more afraid of getting hit, than he was of "trying" to catch the ball.
It's just aftermarket point of even bothering to "TALK" after you LOSE ? -I dunno?

sort-of like our "so-called" main receiver's, they couldn't catch a pass even if their Life-Insurance dpended on it. ? - screwy excuse's, they LOST, like we LOST earlier ! - EOF.

torpedoshell31
01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Wes Welker's wife was the 2005 Miss International Hooters winner-just for the record.

lloydwoodson
01-22-2013, 11:59 PM

Don't be jealous just because there are likely 0 first ballot HOFers on your team.

Troy Polamalu is a first ballot HOF. 7 ints in 2 different seasons as a strong safety is unreal. Not to mention plays like Troy single-handedly eliminating the Ravens from the playoffs in 08 with his 40 yard int return for a TD.

pRLZTBlzEAE

Just click the replay button to relive the moment again and again. You're welcome! :wave:

GMU Steeler
01-23-2013, 12:01 AM
Troy Polamalu is a first ballot HOF. 7 ints in 2 different seasons as a strong safety is unreal. Not to mention plays like Troy single-handedly eliminating the Ravens from the playoffs in 08 with his 40 yard int return for a TD.

pRLZTBlzEAE

Just click the replay button to relive the moment again and again. You're welcome! :wave:

Memories.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2013, 12:14 AM
when Troy isn't starting our record goes from 72% winning to 52% winning (yep, about our 8-8 record this season).

Ricco Suavez
01-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Ray Lewis's genuine atonement should begin with "coming clean" on what happened that night where two men lost their lives. I do believe a man can find forgiveness and redemption in a prison cell. Ray skirted the issue with money and lawyers, he had enough against him to be arrested (albeit I think it was in leverage to use against his companions) for his part in a double homicide. He is now the face of the NFL, I do not think so. I dont have to forget or forgive, he did nothing to be personally, but to just think that he is now a changed person and yet keeps that night a shroud of mystery is polar opposites.

Ricco Suavez
01-23-2013, 09:06 PM

Damn you're picky.:sofunny:

The_Joker
01-24-2013, 06:02 AM

Troy and Ben. He'll get his 3rd, don't you worry Rats fan ;)

8/10

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 10:53 AM

LOL, you are soo funny... Sorry but Baltimore loves him and he is highly respected.. Just not with your team, which we could care less about and as far as Welker's wife, she's pissed because they lost, plain and simple. Brady was spanked the 2nd half, and well, that's life. Ray Lewis's reputation is in tact, no matter what his haters or jealous less then stellar players think. :chuckle:

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Ray Lewis's genuine atonement should begin with "coming clean" on what happened that night where two men lost their lives. I do believe a man can find forgiveness and redemption in a prison cell. Ray skirted the issue with money and lawyers, he had enough against him to be arrested (albeit I think it was in leverage to use against his companions) for his part in a double homicide. He is now the face of the NFL, I do not think so. I dont have to forget or forgive, he did nothing to be personally, but to just think that he is now a changed person and yet keeps that night a shroud of mystery is polar opposites.

That is self contradicting. You don't know his heart or what changes he has made. Who made any of us a judge over him. How he stands with God is what matters. as The bible says let he who is without sin cast the first stone. A person can find redemption by asking God for forgiveness through Jesus Christ, not just from a prision cell. Just because Vick served time, does that mean he is completely forgiven. None of us know, only God does.

SteelersCanada
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM
That is self contradicting. You don't know his heart or what changes he has made. Who made any of us a judge over him. How he stands with God is what matters. as The bible says let he who is without sin cast the first stone. A person can find redemption by asking God for forgiveness through Jesus Christ, not just from a prision cell. Just because Vick served time, does that mean he is completely forgiven. None of us know, only God does.

Thanks for the Bible lesson. All of that looked like it was just a way to shrug off the fact that Lewis was involved somehow with what happened.

Uh, also, Lewis' reputation is taking a hit despite what Ravens fans want to think. He's playing like absolute shit. I'm sorry, if Timmons was making tackles 8 yards down the field consistently, I'd say we needed to address a serious problem that our Linebackers have. Why are they missing tackles and not hitting the gaps? He's playing piss-poor right now but because of his name, he's getting praise and treated like he's actually contributing.

That, and why is he crying like a little girl after every single game? Holy shit, man up Ray - you're supposed to be a tough guy.

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the Bible lesson. All of that looked like it was just a way to shrug off the fact that Lewis was involved somehow with what happened.

Uh, also, Lewis' reputation is taking a hit despite what Ravens fans want to think. He's playing like absolute shit. I'm sorry, if Timmons was making tackles 8 yards down the field consistently, I'd say we needed to address a serious problem that our Linebackers have. Why are they missing tackles and not hitting the gaps? He's playing piss-poor right now but because of his name, he's getting praise and treated like he's actually contributing.

That, and why is he crying like a little girl after every single game? Holy shit, man up Ray - you're supposed to be a tough guy.

Bull. That's your opinion, and I'm here to disagree. He's made some good tackles, and for what he has brought to the Ravens and the NFL he deserves it. All the naysayers including this forum claim we could not beat the Broncos not the Patriots. I remember the posts that our season will end at Denver. It is emotional for him because it did look like we were not going to make it into the playoffs, and then the team really came back and started clicking on all cylinders. Not a bible lesson, jus reality. Your team is out and you don't get it. After 12 years of no superbowl, this means a lot to him and the team and all the fans. Steelers fans have to deal with it this year. Maybe next year will be yours, we'll see.

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Let's also not forget Ben's criminal misgivings. The 3rd rape charge that he was able to scathe past. Is he an "good" example and a role model? LOL I think not... Read the story and research it if you chose.. Oh and you will just deny and make all the excuses. The NFL suspended him for 6 games.
http://www.politicolnews.com/roethlisberger-3rd-rape/

BleedPurple
01-24-2013, 12:10 PM
Troy and Ben. He'll get his 3rd, don't you worry Rats fan ;)

8/10

Ben is definitely not first ballot. He will get into HOF, but not the first round. They have a cap on number of inductees, and he is going to have too much talent knocking on the door.

Troy maybe, depending on what year he retires.

SteelersCanada
01-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Bull. That's your opinion, and I'm here to disagree. He's made some good tackles, and for what he has brought to the Ravens and the NFL he deserves it. All the naysayers including this forum claim we could not beat the Broncos not the Patriots. I remember the posts that our season will end at Denver. It is emotional for him because it did look like we were not going to make it into the playoffs, and then the team really came back and started clicking on all cylinders. Not a bible lesson, jus reality. Your team is out and you don't get it. After 12 years of no superbowl, this means a lot to him and the team and all the fans. Steelers fans have to deal with it this year. Maybe next year will be yours, we'll see.

No, talking about how he found God and only Jesus can judge him is a bible lesson. We don't care about whether or not Jesus forgave him.

Address what I said first. He made 'some good tackles', when? Go on Ravens boards and look at what some fans are saying - he's not productive and he's not doing anything. He's getting all this attention because of his 'last ride' and he's not earning all of this attention with his play. Again, if my Linebackers were making tackles consistently down field, I'd have to address a serious problem.

My team is out and I don't get it? The Steelers are out of the playoffs. I fully recognize and acknowledge that, but when Bettis was in the playoffs he wasn't praising Jesus and thanking God to the cameras, let alone crying at midfield and on his knees praying. He looks like a clown.

I don't have to deal with anything - the Ravens are in and the Steelers aren't. While I don't like it, I can accept it and move on to the offseason. For you to come on here and defend your team on Steelers boards and expect anything less than Ravens hate, makes you look like you're trying to start something with us. How about you celebrate RayRay on Ravens boards where people actually give a shit.

Let's also not forget Ben's criminal misgivings. The 3rd rape charge that he was able to scathe past. Is he an "good" example and a role model? LOL I think not... Read the story and research it if you chose.. Oh and you will just deny and make all the excuses. The NFL suspended him for 6 games.
http://www.politicolnews.com/roethlisberger-3rd-rape/

Oh, I'm sorry, was Ben convicted? Oh, he wasn't? That's funny, because Lewis was. I don't have to 'do some research' because I know exactly what happened - they had no evidence. Absolutely zero evidence that anything actually happened, but hey, I'm not here to defend Ben.

Lewis was convicted. Ben wasn't. Apples and oranges big guy.

BleedPurple
01-24-2013, 12:18 PM

Perception: He's playing like absolute shit.

Reality: Postseason: 44 tackles in 3 games, a couple that I can remember (no stat on the site I am looking at) behind the line of scrimmage. Ravens are now 8-1 with Ray, 5-5 without.

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 12:42 PM
No, talking about how he found God and only Jesus can judge him is a bible lesson. We don't care about whether or not Jesus forgave him.

Address what I said first. He made 'some good tackles', when? Go on Ravens boards and look at what some fans are saying - he's not productive and he's not doing anything. He's getting all this attention because of his 'last ride' and he's not earning all of this attention with his play. Again, if my Linebackers were making tackles consistently down field, I'd have to address a serious problem.

My team is out and I don't get it? The Steelers are out of the playoffs. I fully recognize and acknowledge that, but when Bettis was in the playoffs he wasn't praising Jesus and thanking God to the cameras, let alone crying at midfield and on his knees praying. He looks like a clown.

I don't have to deal with anything - the Ravens are in and the Steelers aren't. While I don't like it, I can accept it and move on to the offseason. For you to come on here and defend your team on Steelers boards and expect anything less than Ravens hate, makes you look like you're trying to start something with us. How about you celebrate RayRay on Ravens boards where people actually give a shit.

Oh, I'm sorry, was Ben convicted? Oh, he wasn't? That's funny, because Lewis was. I don't have to 'do some research' because I know exactly what happened - they had no evidence. Absolutely zero evidence that anything actually happened, but hey, I'm not here to defend Ben.

Lewis was convicted. Ben wasn't. Apples and oranges big guy.

I knew in typical fashion you would dance around this, and you are on Ravens boards, I've seen your posts. I'm in the NFL section here, not Steelers and have a right to comment in this thread. You better read up further on Ben's rape charges. His high profile and $ helped him avoid 3 different rape charges. Obviously he's a loser in his personal life or has been at different times. Rape? Give me a break. One charge, maybe a lie, But three? If you are so stupid to think he had no part or was not in any way wrong in any of them, then you can live in your fantasy world. He was suspended for 6 games so obviously the NFL was disturbed by his conduct. Ray Lewis deserves the recognition for his achievements and professionalism in the NFL. And if he choses to be thankful and emotional, so be it.

SteelersCanada
01-24-2013, 12:55 PM
I knew in typical fashion you would dance around this, and you are on Ravens boards, I've seen your posts. I'm in the NFL section here, not Steelers and have a right to comment in this thread. You better read up further on Ben's rape charges. His high profile and $ helped him avoid 3 different rape charges. Obviously he's a loser in his personal life or has been at different times. Rape? Give me a break. One charge, maybe a lie, But three? If you are so stupid to think he had no part or was not in any way wrong in any of them, then you can live in your fantasy world. He was suspended for 6 games so obviously the NFL was disturbed by his conduct. Ray Lewis deserves the recognition for his achievements and professionalism in the NFL. And if he choses to be thankful and emotional, so be it.

So, I'm not on Ravens' boards but nice try.

What am I dancing around? I answered everything directly.

Yep, he was accused of rape which is a very serious accusation. You seem to know more than the police, though, because you have very in-depth knowledge of the situation that Ben was in. Man, you should go to the police with this knowledge you have.

Rape is a serious accusation, but so is murder. I'm done with this thread because this is getting ridiculous. The double-standard that you're talking about is laughable. Ben wasn't convicted and there was absolutely 0 evidence that a crime was committed, but Ray was convicted and threw his buddies under the bus to avoid a murder charge.

Me guessing about Ray's murder charge is about as accurate as you guessing about Ben's rape charge. How about we let this thing go, ya?

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=SteelersCanada;1080569]So, I'm not on Ravens' boards but nice try.

QUOTE]

No need to lie.... Here's the thread and your responses. And I've seen you on others. Let's at least be honest. I am on here on a regular basis and don't hide it. You were on there in November.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/49468-its-officially-steelers-week/page__st__220__hl__steelerscanada#entry1218119

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
So, I'm not on Ravens' boards but nice try.

What am I dancing around? I answered everything directly.

Yep, he was accused of rape which is a very serious accusation. You seem to know more than the police, though, because you have very in-depth knowledge of the situation that Ben was in. Man, you should go to the police with this knowledge you have.

Rape is a serious accusation, but so is murder. I'm done with this thread because this is getting ridiculous. The double-standard that you're talking about is laughable. Ben wasn't convicted and there was absolutely 0 evidence that a crime was committed, but Ray was convicted and threw his buddies under the bus to avoid a murder charge.

Me guessing about Ray's murder charge is about as accurate as you guessing about Ben's rape charge. How about we let this thing go, ya?

And I agree to let it go. We disagree and that's cool. :thumbsup:

GMU Steeler
01-24-2013, 01:02 PM
Okay, I am not going to defend Roethlisberger's past but let's make things clear here. He was never charged with rape. Accused, yes but there is a difference. Anyhow, I think it's pretty funny that Welker's wife is ripping on Lewis for the multiple kids with multiple women thing considering her husband's QB did the same exact thing. Personally, I find Ray Lewis annoying. Respect his talents as a great ILB but I don't like his act. It's not only because he's a Raven. I mean part of it I admit is personal bias which is inevitable in topics like these but I do think it's silly too. Okay, seeing that you guys agreed to let it go and I will too.

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Okay, I am not going to defend Roethlisberger's past but let's make things clear here. He was never charged with rape. Accused, yes but there is a difference. Anyhow, I think it's pretty funny that Welker's wife is ripping on Lewis for the multiple kids with multiple women thing considering her husband's QB did the same exact thing. Personally, I find Ray Lewis annoying. Respect his talents as a great ILB but I don't like his act. It's not only because he's a Raven. I mean part of it I admit is personal bias which is inevitable in topics like these but I do think it's silly too. Okay, seeing that you guys agreed to let it go and I will too.

Respect your opinion, and thanks. I do think he is a little over dramatic, but I am not in his head or feeling what he is feeling. But I agree and appreciate your post.. Thanks!

harrison'samonster
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Actually, I counter Ray's dances with an equally irritating dance of my own while all my dogs are watching. They think I dance better.

SteelersCanada
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=SteelersCanada;1080569]So, I'm not on Ravens' boards but nice try.

QUOTE]

No need to lie.... Here's the thread and your responses. And I've seen you on others. Let's at least be honest. I am on here on a regular basis and don't hide it. You were on there in November.

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/49468-its-officially-steelers-week/page__st__220__hl__steelerscanada#entry1218119

Yep, then I got a 'warning' for trolling, despite the fact that I was paying a compliment. Thin-skinned moderators, apparently. :noidea:

I'm not on there anymore, and I had a few posts, none of which had anything to do with this topic or trying to stir shit up. Maybe I misspoke, but I haven't been on there since I was given a 'stern warning' by one of the mods. Eh, no harm no foul.

CTSxViper
01-24-2013, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=CTSxViper;1080570]

Yep, then I got a 'warning' for trolling, despite the fact that I was paying a compliment. Thin-skinned moderators, apparently. :noidea:

I'm not on there anymore, and I had a few posts, none of which had anything to do with this topic or trying to stir shit up. Maybe I misspoke, but I haven't been on there since I was given a 'stern warning' by one of the mods. Eh, no harm no foul.

No worries, thanks for the clarification....

Ricco Suavez
01-25-2013, 05:49 PM
The thing with Lewis is if, and I mean if he is a changed man then he should come clean about what happened the night two men lost their lives. What happened to his white suit? He was charged not just accused as in the case of Ben, who BTW had tests done to try and prove rape and all tests were inconclusive or negative. If he is truly a born again man then "do the right thing" and give those grieving families some closure. I just respect a man like Tebow who does his thing low key, and so far has held up under media scrutiny. Lewis is so far over the top that quite frankly he sickens my stomach. His act is done more for the camera than anything else, at least the fired up dance and speech. You dont like my opinions of your superstar than don't come on a Steeler board. I still give him props as a top 5 Lber maybe even #2 behind LT, never going to like him as a person.

BleedPurple
01-25-2013, 11:35 PM
The thing with Lewis is if, and I mean if he is a changed man then he should come clean about what happened the night two men lost their lives. What happened to his white suit? He was charged not just accused as in the case of Ben, who BTW had tests done to try and prove rape and all tests were inconclusive or negative. If he is truly a born again man then "do the right thing" and give those grieving families some closure. I just respect a man like Tebow who does his thing low key, and so far has held up under media scrutiny. Lewis is so far over the top that quite frankly he sickens my stomach. His act is done more for the camera than anything else, at least the fired up dance and speech. You dont like my opinions of your superstar than don't come on a Steeler board. I still give him props as a top 5 Lber maybe even #2 behind LT, never going to like him as a person.

Since your judgments are based completely on not knowing him and not bothering to even google his contributions following that night, you can hold on to your blind hatred if it helps you justify not liking Ray because he is a Raven.

Here's what I know: two men died that night, men who were starting fights in the club by breaking bottles over peoples heads, who were drug dealers and were indirectly responsible for Lewis' limo being shot 6 times. Lewis was NEVER tried for murder. He was charged to induce his testimony against his codefendents, and the charges were dropped.

The other defendents in the case were acquitted as the homicide was determined to be self defense. That was the truth as 12 jurors saw it 13 years ago. . . why do you think you know more about the case than those 12 men and women did? The truth is, the jury got it right after the first trial, and Lewis has nothing to come clean about.

You will no doubt counter by asking where the suit it. Well, since blood was found in his limo and no one disputes that the codefendents stabbed the victims, a bloody suit tells us nothing we don't already know: Lewis was there, and was likely touched by his friends after they stabbed the victims.

PS: Tim Tebow is about as subtle as a jumbo jet on the freeway.

Ricco Suavez
01-26-2013, 01:08 PM
First Purple I would like to read where you get these interesting "facts". I have read reports from Sports Illustrated and just recently from pro Football weekly and none of the incidents you stated were even mentioned. I even read that the limo driver testified that Ray told everyone to keep their mouths shut, not what I would expect from a victim shot 6 times. As far as Tebow his Faith in God is much less prevalent to the camera than Ray, now if the media rants about it constantly on Sportscenter that is different, but as far as interviews it is no comparison. You are right about one thing I do not know if he has really changed, I was just stating the obvious and that is if he is changed then he should not mind revealing what really happened that night. And BTW I would hate him if he was a Steeler, I did not like Joey Porter much for his antics, so why would I like Ray.

torpedoshell31
01-26-2013, 05:48 PM
I hate Ray Lewis and the Ravens and hope they lose by 50 points in the Super Bowl. Having said that, back to Mrs. Welker's comments about family values. This is a girl who has made a living posing nearly nude for magazines and winning Hooters contests. I mean she isn't exactly Anne of Green Gables.

Lady Steel
01-26-2013, 06:57 PM
The other defendents in the case were acquitted as the homicide was determined to be self defense. That was the truth as 12 jurors saw it 13 years ago. . . why do you think you know more about the case than those 12 men and women did? The truth is, the jury got it right after the first trial, and Lewis has nothing to come clean about.

Like the jurors in the OJ Simpson trial got it right?

Maybe Ray Lewis' "contributions" to society have been made out of guilt. You know, to kind of redeem himself or make himself feel all better. Or maybe not. Don't really care. The guy is a snitching bitch.

Atlanta Dan
01-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Since your judgments are based completely on not knowing him and not bothering to even google his contributions following that night, you can hold on to your blind hatred if it helps you justify not liking Ray because he is a Raven.

Here's what I know: two men died that night, men who were starting fights in the club by breaking bottles over peoples heads, who were drug dealers and were indirectly responsible for Lewis' limo being shot 6 times. Lewis was NEVER tried for murder. He was charged to induce his testimony against his codefendents, and the charges were dropped.

You will no doubt counter by asking where the suit it. Well, since blood was found in his limo and no one disputes that the codefendents stabbed the victims, a bloody suit tells us nothing we don't already know: Lewis was there, and was likely touched by his friends after they stabbed the victims.

PS: Tim Tebow is about as subtle as a jumbo jet on the freeway.

No - I will counter by asking if you believe Ray-Ray settled the civil suits brought by the families of the deceased because he is a nice guy?:noidea:

Traces of Baker’s blood were discovered inside Lewis’s stretch limousine, and the white suit he had been wearing that night was never found.

“I’m not trying to end my career like this,” Lewis said that night, according to one witness’s testimony....

Four years after the killings, Lewis settled two civil suits for undisclosed sums, although it is believed that Richard’s fiancee, KellyeSmith, who was pregnant with their daughter when Richard died, received at least $1 million. Baker’s late grandmother — he wasn’t married and had no children, and his parents had died before his own death — also is thought to have received about $1 million in a settlement. The settlements reportedly included a confidentiality clause.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/ray-lewiss-ties-to-atlanta-murders-now-a-footnote--except-among-victims-family/2013/01/24/3855a4de-664a-11e2-85f5-a8a9228e55e7_story.html

Paying out $2 million is a lot - OJ lost his civil suit after being acquitted in the criminal case - maybe an attorney more competent than the DA who indicted Lewis would have achieved a similar outcome if Lewis had not paid big $$$ to maintain the cover-up

Unkindness
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Ray Lewis is a great player. I think people can find redemption. I am a Christian and firmly believe God forgives all sin. However, we are subject to the laws of society.

Do I think Ray Lewis' killed anyone? No. But, I do think he knows what happened. He danced around it, covered it up and frankly-lucked out getting out of it fairly unscathed.

Worst of all, two mothers out there do not know who murdered their sons because of Ray Lewis' actions. I think he has changed, but I still believe that about this event. He has taken the steps required by the law in this event, but its still a mark on his career.

Let's not forget that Ben has had serious charges leveled against him. The victim ultimately did not want to press charges. She was afraid of the media storm. It's quote possible Ben encouraged this decision financially. In any event, its a shame she didn't pursue. Sex crimes are often not prosecuted because the victim is afraid of the process and publicity.

Ricco Suavez
01-27-2013, 05:28 PM
The only thing about Ben is no evidence of any kind could even bear out an arrest. First time he was accused I firmly believe she was a nut job in it for the money, hence waiting 1 year and a day to avoid criminal charges and only a civil suit. The emails and comments to friends of hoping for a "little Ben" tell a story of its on. The second time is purely a he said, she said scenario. Unprotected sex in a very enclosed space and no DNA evidence to even get an arrest, hard for me to believe. Next Ben does not go about spouting born again doing Gods work speeches. I know he is not a saint, and could very well be a scum sucking stalker, but no hard evidence to prove it. Ray could be genuine, not our place to say, but like you alluded to he knew something and to this day he has kept mum either for his own protection or for his friends. I just get so sick of his same ole shtick.

BleedPurple
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Worst of all, two mothers out there do not know who murdered their sons because of Ray Lewis' actions.

I do not know for the life of me why this lie is perpetuated. Please see article below, or google the result of the trial at your convenience.

"The companions subsequently were acquitted on grounds of self-defense; it was suggested, though never proved, that the two men killed threatened Lewis' group with a gun."

12 men and women acquitted on the basis of SELF-DEFENSE. this means that we do know who perpetrated the homicide--Lewis' co-defendents. There is not some mystery killer running around out there, the jury decided that the defendents stabbed the victims in self defense.

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8509545/ray-lewis-field-transformation-more-important-field-legacy

BleedPurple
01-30-2013, 01:18 PM
No - I will counter by asking if you believe Ray-Ray settled the civil suits brought by the families of the deceased because he is a nice guy?:noidea:

Traces of Bakerís blood were discovered inside Lewisís stretch limousine, and the white suit he had been wearing that night was never found.

ďIím not trying to end my career like this,Ē Lewis said that night, according to one witnessís testimony....

Four years after the killings, Lewis settled two civil suits for undisclosed sums, although it is believed that Richardís fiancee, KellyeSmith, who was pregnant with their daughter when Richard died, received at least $1 million. Bakerís late grandmother ó he wasnít married and had no children, and his parents had died before his own death ó also is thought to have received about $1 million in a settlement. The settlements reportedly included a confidentiality clause.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/ray-lewiss-ties-to-atlanta-murders-now-a-footnote--except-among-victims-family/2013/01/24/3855a4de-664a-11e2-85f5-a8a9228e55e7_story.html

Paying out $2 million is a lot - OJ lost his civil suit after being acquitted in the criminal case - maybe an attorney more competent than the DA who indicted Lewis would have achieved a similar outcome if Lewis had not paid big $$$ to maintain the cover-up

Suits are settled out of court all the time. Maybe because of the company he kept Ray did feel responsible, maybe he just wanted to avoid a second media circus surrounding this event, or maybe he just doesn't care about the money. Maybe $2M is a lot to you, but it is not to Ray Lewis, considering in his career he has signed over $100M in contract deals alone, not to mention commercial endorsements, public appearances, royalties, etc.

Atlanta Dan
01-30-2013, 06:38 PM
Suits are settled out of court all the time. Maybe because of the company he kept Ray did feel responsible, maybe he just wanted to avoid a second media circus surrounding this event, or maybe he just doesn't care about the money. Maybe $2M is a lot to you, but it is not to Ray Lewis, considering in his career he has signed over $100M in contract deals alone, not to mention commercial endorsements, public appearances, royalties, etc.

Yep - 95% of civil cases usually settle before trial ( my knowledge on that subject may be at least equal to yours). Wrongful death actions raerly if ever settle for $2 million if the case is bogus

My point is that $2 million is real money and is not simply something to "avoid the costs of trial" (my knowledge on that also may be at least equal to yours) - Ray Ray was never exactly Peyton Manning when it came to big $ endorsement deals he could use to pay that amount back in 2004 (gee I wonder why -must be racism:coffee:)

Ray Ray had a tremendous incentive for the record of what happened that night not to be developed by a competent attorney (Fulton County DA Paul Howard has a reputation of being something less than that - my knowledge of that subject also may be at least equal to yours) and was willing to pay $2 million to hush it up - if there was no genuine dispute of material fact as to Ray Ray's non-involvemnet he could have had the civil cases dimissed on a motion for summary judgment without the need to go through "the circus" of a civil trial

Or maybe we should just respond as Ray Ray does and say this is God's time and not to dredge up the past