PDA

View Full Version : Argument with Green Bay fans

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-22-2013, 01:00 AM
As y'all probably know Green Bay has won 13 titles winning 9 of them before the super bowl even exited but do they really count in this era of football?

Cause back then there were like only 10 teams and they was no playoff format to win the championship all you had to do is get the most wins(if im not wrong) and since the Super Bowl era we have dominated and they have only won 4 so does this make us better are does Green Bay still have the bragging rights?

Lady Steel
01-22-2013, 01:10 AM
As y'all probably know Green Bay has won 13 tittles

Hehehe. You said tittles. :chuckle:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are better than everyone. We rule as we have the most Lombardi Trophies. :tt:

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-22-2013, 01:13 AM
Hehehe. You said tittles. :chuckle:

The Pittsburgh Steelers are better than everyone. We rule as we have the most Lombardi Trophies. :tt:

blame the spell check lol

PhantomJB93
01-22-2013, 02:26 AM
IDK, it's the same thing as Pitt fans who say they have 9 national championships (when 8 came when a NC wasn't hard to come by) or Maple Leafs fans who claim 13 Stanley Cups (all came in the original six era when there were very few teams before the NHL expansion).

Basically, outside of baseball, professional and collegiate sports (football, basketball, hockey) didn't really become popular (I don't just mean fans, I mean athletes who chose to play the sport) until the 60's, and anything that happened before then doesn't really count IMO. Again, the obvious exception is baseball, which has always been popular.

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 09:34 AM
I personally don't give them much credit, but I do acknowledge that they won them. Honestly, before too long ppl are going to start discrediting our 70's SB victories saying how much the game has changed.

On second thought I'd give them credit but still claim superiority.

tittles. heeeehe

TRH
01-22-2013, 10:01 AM
tell them to go argue with Cleveland fans....

GMU Steeler
01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Maybe it's not the same but I'd point out that no one counts championships from before the world series in baseball. Of course, the flip side is professional football was around for a lot longer than professional baseball was before the Super Bowl was established. I give them their due but at the same time/

i82much
01-22-2013, 01:58 PM
This is one of those questions where people are going to take the side that suits their biases. As a Baltimore guy, I'm not letting anybody tell me the Unitas championships in '58 and '59 didn't count. If I were a Steelers fan, I'd have two words for everyone - "Super Bowls." That's just how it goes.

Kanata-Steeler
01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
There is NO arguemwnt with a GB fan, because they BEAT us in a Superbowl that BEN and our Offense "should have" won ?, get it?
aka, subject of thread makes no sense, unless we're taking about if they prefer tea with their crumpets'?
Oh wait, YES, before the NFL became a "single" greedy "corporation" GB was the best Football team in AMERICA -hands down.

It's called history books, read about "Lombardi"

GMU Steeler
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
This is one of those questions where people are going to take the side that suits their biases. As a Baltimore guy, I'm not letting anybody tell me the Unitas championships in '58 and '59 didn't count. If I were a Steelers fan, I'd have two words for everyone - "Super Bowls." That's just how it goes.

Yeah biases play a role. Honestly, I think ultimately it's something you can't objectively measure. Hell, I think the Steelers having the best record since the merger is just as impressive if not in some way more impressive than the six Lombardis.

dez09231
01-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Those titles count, but they don't mean nearly as much as a Super Bowl because it was muccchhh easier to win against fewer teams. Let them say what they want to, they have to live in Wisconsin.

Ricco Suavez
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Superbowls are modern championships, AFC/NFC titles are still championships. In my opinion the older titles mean something to the fans and the organization, but the rules, players, the number of teams pale in comparisons to todays teams. Its like comparing Princeton's 20+ national football championships to Alabama's every how many. Packers have more titles, Steelers have more Lombardis. Perhaps if our defense could have stopped Rogers once or twice AND the offense had done more we could have won the last one.

WVABE
01-22-2013, 06:36 PM
A tittle is a tittle, no matter what year it was from if you won it all then your the champs.
Should the scab years counted, or how bout this year, those refs fucked some shit up, but it still counts.

MasterOfPuppets
01-22-2013, 06:42 PM
anything that happened while wearing leather helmets don't count.

torpedoshell31
01-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Growing up in the 1950's and 60's, the Packers were my favorite team because they were on TV every week because the Steeler games were always blacked out. The Steelers played at old Pitt Stadium back then and never sold out. So every week the team that was on TV was Lombardi's Packers with Bart Starr, Paul Hornung etc.
It wasn't until the Steelers started winning and 3 Rivers Stadium was built that they started to appear on TV. So I can see both sides of the argument having watched the old NFL and also the new NFL after the merger.

i82much
01-22-2013, 07:25 PM
anything that happened while wearing leather helmets don't count.

What about conceiving a baby?

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 07:33 PM
What about conceiving a baby?

not without 70,000 in attendance and millions and millions watching at home

i82much
01-22-2013, 07:36 PM
not without 70,000 in attendance and millions and millions watching at home

At the rate these halftime shows are going ...

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 07:38 PM
At the rate these halftime shows are going ...

:rofl: