PDA

View Full Version : Worst Steeler Team I've ever seen

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 12:39 AM
I'm sorry guys but I have to say it, this year I saw the worst steelers team I've ever seen in my life and I have been and avid steelers fan for about 14 years (im 24) so I don't really remember some of the teams from the 90's that well but this was the worst steelers team I have ever seen. A lackluster defense, no big play makers, once again, injuries plagued the team which is becoming more "the norm" that an occasional rash. The offence didn't scare anyone, we have a pathetic run game, our receivers under-preformed, and we clearly did not have depth at any position. *sigh* just had to get that off my chest. (draft a RB in the first round!)

MACH1
01-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Worst thread ever!!!

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 12:59 AM
What you think these guys were good or somethin?:

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Sorry for being negative but when the truth slaps you in the face accept it. Just because you're an "administrator" doesnt make you God. After seeing this team chase around their fumbles, trip over their own feet and break their ribs, and throw game losing interceptions on a regular basis, I think they sucked, forgive me. The team has talent, but they sure didnt use it.

MACH1
01-22-2013, 01:15 AM
Are you always this whiny, must be that time of the month.

Remember this isn't twitter and you don't need a new thread for every thought that passes through your head.

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 01:18 AM
This is a legit thread. I think it's the worst team we've had in 10 years. So what?: You just hate everything that's negative, you are the whiny one. Why don't you reply with something intelligent and prove me wrong rather than saying "whaaa! bad thread! no!" I know this isn't twitter, quit being a jerk.

aa14
01-22-2013, 01:42 AM
This is a legit thread. I think it's the worst team we've had in 10 years. So what?: You just hate everything that's negative, you are the whiny one. Why don't you reply with something intelligent and prove me wrong rather than saying "whaaa! bad thread! no!" I know this isn't twitter, quit being a jerk.

There is no fun or sport to be had when the steelers fan has already accepted his teams' fate. Horrible thread.

ricardisimo
01-22-2013, 03:33 AM
I think vanilla is better than chocolate. Let's discuss.

desertsteel
01-22-2013, 03:39 AM

I'll go with a Twist.

kan_t
01-22-2013, 03:44 AM
1999 W-L 6-10
2003 W-L 6-10
2006 W-L 8-8

I know you have been an avid steelers fan for only about 14 years so it's understood that you don't remember those years.....

Wait, I'm confused.

Justp94
01-22-2013, 04:26 AM
I'm sorry guys but I have to say it, this year I saw the worst steelers team I've ever seen in my life and I have been and avid steelers fan for about 14 years (im 24) so I don't really remember some of the teams from the 90's that well but this was the worst steelers team I have ever seen. A lackluster defense, no big play makers, once again, injuries plagued the team which is becoming more "the norm" that an occasional rash. The offence didn't scare anyone, we have a pathetic run game, our receivers under-preformed, and we clearly did not have depth at any position. *sigh* just had to get that off my chest. (draft a RB in the first round!)

You just spazzed out on our Team, yeah we have issues with our team, but that doesn't mean we won't fix it in a year or two because we're the Pittsburgh Steelers and on the rare occasion when something is bringing us down, we'll get right back on up and strive off the need to do better, be better, and perform at an all time high level that only the Steelers can achieve!!!! :tt03:

Let's Go Steelers! Time to rebuild and get back to the Steelers Way of Football in 2013 & Beyond! :tt04::tt02::tt:

ZoneBlitzer
01-22-2013, 04:30 AM
This is a rotten hyperbolic thread. But I'll say one thing. They actually weren't all that bad as you think. When a team has the kind of turnover ratio that the Steelers had, they are usually bottom of the barrel cellar dwellers. They weren't the KC Chiefs bad. Their losses were close if that counts for anything.

I would say that now they're teetering. They could remain the same, climb, or lose their footing and come crashing down.

The draft and personnel decisions will determine their fate.

VaDave
01-22-2013, 05:00 AM
This guy would have jumped off the Ft. Duquesne bridge if had to endure the 1965-1968 teams.......

teegre
01-22-2013, 07:49 AM

Orange sherbet.

TRH
01-22-2013, 09:05 AM
i don't think it was the worst Steeler "ever" or even in the last 10, 15 years or so, either. But....

The out-of-control injuries, poor coaching decisions, lack of interest & intensity from players on the field (half the time they look like they just got out of bed and didn't even have their morning coffee yet...), and some off-the-field distractions certainly made this year possibly the most frustrating - especially considering the level of talent we had.

Terminator
01-22-2013, 09:28 AM
I remember the 80's

*cries*

VaDave
01-22-2013, 09:30 AM
For crying out loud, we've had the best football team in the league over the last 40 some years. So we have a .500 season, and the world as we know it is ending.

The absolute most rediculous posts, are the ones where even when we've won the championship, we don't win them good enough. Talk about living in LaLa land.... Dude, get a grip.

VaDave
01-22-2013, 09:31 AM
I remember the 80's

*cries*

You should have been there for the '60s....

My dad said I should have been there for the '40s.......

stb_steeler
01-22-2013, 09:38 AM

You must be a youngin then......Ive seen quite i few worse seasons than this :wink02:

VaDave
01-22-2013, 09:40 AM
i don't think it was the worst Steeler "ever" or even in the last 10, 15 years or so, either. But....

The out-of-control injuries, poor coaching decisions, lack of interest & intensity from players on the field (half the time they look like they just got out of bed and didn't even have their morning coffee yet...), and some off-the-field distractions certainly made this year possibly the most frustrating - especially considering the level of talent we had.

I can't get frustrated by injuries, or mistakes. Those are humans under those jerseys.

What I do get frustrated by, a lack of preparation, inspiration, and motivation. All three of those self controlled atributes were seriously lacking all year long, players, & coaches alike. This need to be addressed this offseason.

IMO, when we clear a lot of players out this year, and there are going to be some changes. We obviously had more than a few players playing out the string. Maybe some of these guys with motivational issues, like, Mendenhall, and Wallace playing like they know they got a big contract coming if they stay healthy, move on, the attitdude in the clubhouse will improve.

SteelersCanada
01-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Why is this a thread? This is nonsense and needs to be closed.

It's like you're trying to get banned again, Blaze. If you don't have anything constructive to add, don't make threads that are just trying to stir shit up. There's already threads out there about how shitty our team is - there is no need for new ones.

JeromeBetties63
01-22-2013, 09:57 AM

I understand your frustration...but you are just wrong. The line is very thin in the NFL...an injury or two, a bad bounce, one missed play and you are 8-8 instead of making a super bowl run. This team wasn't that bad.

Fire Arians
01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
worse than the 1999 steelers? come on man!

Rotorhead
01-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Actually, we were one game away from replacing the Ravens in the playoffs, and look where they are now. Like it has already been said, its a fine line.

FanSince72
01-22-2013, 11:35 AM

Dude, I'm 55 and I lived through the 80's.

Trust me, it could be A LOT worse.

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 11:59 AM
I appreciate the intelligent posts that proved me wrong. I don't remember some of the teams as yes I am young. However it is clear that our team sucked this year, as much as I love them, they sucked, and it was more than a bad bounce, lol. I look forward to much improvement, and it is a good possibility the 2013 team could pull off another 12-4 season if we draft correctly and teach our players how to play like they mean it. As far as the vanilla or chocolate thing, vanilla.

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Actually, we were one game away from replacing the Ravens in the playoffs, and look where they are now. Like it has already been said, its a fine line.

Yeah we were one game away from replacing the ravens, then we went 2-5:tt04:

steelfury02
01-22-2013, 12:08 PM
attitude was a huge factor - for those without the attitude problems - I'm sure the injuries only hastened the idea of wanting to see some attitudes go, and get this season over with - these guys are human - they want to win, but Keisel even said he knew there were some off feelings he hasn't experienced or hasn't experience in a while - when you are feeling a negative tangible feeling before walking out of the tunnel - you have a bit of separation in the locker room - dedicated v. unproven attitudes

maddog78
01-22-2013, 12:10 PM
What is truly amazing about this franchise is that I've been watching for 35 years and the worst year was 1988 - 5-11. They've had a couple 6-10's and 7-9's, but for the most part .500 or over. I don't think you can find another team over that stretch that didn't have at least one bottom out year, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13, etc.

kan_t
01-22-2013, 12:26 PM
What is truly amazing about this franchise is that I've been watching for 35 years and the worst year was 1988 - 5-11. They've had a couple 6-10's and 7-9's, but for the most part .500 or over. I don't think you can find another team over that stretch that didn't have at least one bottom out year, 1-15, 2-14, 3-13, etc.
Yes that's impressive. 1969 was the last season they had 4 wins or less.

maddog78
01-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Yes that's impressive. 1969 was the last season they had 4 wins or less.

Fire Noll! Joe Greene is a bust!

i82much
01-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Seriously dude? Ravens fan here. I got news for you - count your freaking blessings hoss. Look around the NFL. You're complaining about the Steelers? If this is the worst team you've seen, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. Things could be a lot worse.

Seriously, this thread is like a trust fund baby complaining about the year his investments were down and he had to live on half a mil. Kiss my ass!!!

teegre
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Seriously dude? Ravens fan here. I got news for you - count your freaking blessings hoss. Look around the NFL. You're complaining about the Steelers? If this is the worst team you've seen, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. Things could be a lot worse.

Seriously, this thread is like a trust fund baby complaining about the year his investments were down and he had to live on half a mil. Kiss my ass!!!

To add to your already awesome post.

The Steelers have been to fifteen championship games... the most in the NFL. The Steelers have six Lombardis... the most in the NFL. The Steelers have the most wins by a franchise since 1970... except for the Dolphins. And, lastly, just this past season, the Steelers were 6-3 and one of the front-runners to win the SuperBowl (before BB's injury).

So, to be disappointed with this season speaks volumes to just how effing SPOILED Steelers fans can be.

My brother-in-law & I drive our wives nuts, when we complain about losing play-off games... because, our wives are Chargers fans, and most years, all that they want is to even make the play-offs (winning a SuperBowl is not even on their radar). So, again, Steelers fans are a spolied bunch... but, that might be why the team is so successful: a great season to a Chargers fan is "the worst season ever" to a Steelers fan.

Anyway... I like Cold Stone better than Dairy Queen.

GMU Steeler
01-22-2013, 01:16 PM
To add to your already awesome post.

The Steelers have been to fifteen championship games... the most in the NFL. The Steelers have six Lombardis... the most in the NFL. The Steelers have the most wins by a franchise since 1970... except for the Dolphins. And, lastly, just this past season, the Steelers were 6-3 and one of the front-runners to win the SuperBowl (before BB's injury).

So, to be disappointed with this season speaks volumes to just how effing SPOILED Steelers fans can be.

My brother-in-law & I drive our wives nuts, when we complain about losing play-off games... because, our wives are Chargers fans, and most years, all that they want is to even make the play-offs (winning a SuperBowl is not even on their radar). So, again, Steelers fans are a spolied bunch... but, that might be why the team is so successful: a great season to a Chargers fan is "the worst season ever" to a Steelers fan.

Anyway... I like Cold Stone better than Dairy Queen.
I think it's okay to be disappointed with this season. On the other hand, I do agree with you and him that it does speak volumes about us but then again, I do think it goes with the territory, we have as you said been to 15 championship games and won 6 SBs. So, I think expectations go up with that. On the other hand, I look at the local Redskins who have a pretty decent tradition and they just hosted their first playoff game since 1999 this season. As for the ice cream, I'm a Baskin Robbins guy but ice cream is ice cream, you're bound to get something good wherever you go.

i82much
01-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Hey OP - I mean no offense, btw. Just saying, every year there is some group of schleps trying to convince themselves that this is the year, Brady Quinn or Matt Cassell or Tim Tebow is going to put us over the top! And I think those folks would kind of projectile vomit if they came upon this thread, ya know what I mean?

desertsteel
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
worse than the 1999 steelers? come on man!

OP was in pre-school in 1999 lol

stb_steeler
01-22-2013, 01:45 PM

http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff473/texaslady1960/shockedface.jpg

wootawnee
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
We win one more game(2nd Bungle game) and it could have been us playing the Niners.......We win 2 more games(if we would not have lost the first Raven outing 13-10) , we win the division........This team was ready for a run when Ben went down......It was a tough season in the division.....!0-6 won it...Thats the NFL...... We collapsed in sorts when we lost our QB......The team kinda lost its momentum and continuity......

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry guys but I have to say it, this year I saw the worst steelers team I've ever seen in my life and I have been and avid steelers fan for about 14 years (im 24) so I don't really remember some of the teams from the 90's that well but this was the worst steelers team I have ever seen.

Sure you've been watching for 14 years?

2003 : 6-10 (the failed Tommy-Gun experiment)

A lackluster defense,

"Lackluster" defense ranked #1.....again (just like in 2002, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012)

(draft a RB in the first round!)

That would be a fatal knee-jerk reaction, considering that we already have a legit #1 RB on our roster (even though he was benched for a petty personallity conflict with the coaches) and we need to draft early at....nearly every position right now.

Piss-poor thread. Can't you do a better job living up to your namesake, BlazeQUIETLY?

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
OP was in pre-school in 1999 lol

6th grade thank you

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Sure you've been watching for 14 years?

2003 : 6-10 (the failed Tommy-Gun experiment)

"Lackluster" defense ranked #1.....again (just like in 2002, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012)

That would be a fatal knee-jerk reaction, considering that we already have a legit #1 RB on our roster (even though he was benched for a petty personallity conflict with the coaches) and we need to draft early at....nearly every position right now.

Piss-poor thread. Can't you do a better job living up to your namesake, BlazeQUIETLY?

Yeah lackluster defense, can't force turnovers #1 ranking is very misleading.
and are you F*cking kidding me about Mendenhall? yeah the majority of my post is whiny bullshit and I'm spoiled and maybe didnt pay attention to every team in the last 14 years, unlike some people I've had a pretty busy life, can't spend all my time watching football, but Mendenhall is a FAILED EXPERIMENT anyone who thinks he is a #1 running back is delusional, he blows.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah lackluster defense, can't force turnovers #1 ranking is very misleading.

It would be easier for you if you would just admit this thread is a dud and kill it-- instead of trying to stick by it.

There are 31 other teams that would love to have a "lackluster" #1 ranked defense.

and are you F*cking kidding me about Mendenhall?

No, I am not.

I know that you aren't aware of this, since you just started watching the Steelers (and don't try to tell us otherwise--- you already blew your cover on that one), but....

Look at Mendenhall's numbers since drafting him in 2008. Those are #1 RB numbers, especially when you consider the shoddy Oline he has been playing behind, and the "No-FB" scheme he had been running the ball in.

Arians' was known for his uber-predictable running plays-- often ommitting the RB from his formations until the one down when he would call a run.

With all the needs this team has-- you would have them drafting another RB in the 1st round? How are they supposed to rebuild this team if we have to draft a new franchise RB every two or three seasons?

yeah the majority of my post is whiny bullshit and I'm spoiled and maybe didnt pay attention to every team in the last 14 years, unlike some people I've had a pretty busy life, can't spend all my time watching football, but Mendenhall is a FAILED EXPERIMENT anyone who thinks he is a #1 running back is delusional, he blows.

Zzzzzzzzzz......

teegre
01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
I think it's okay to be disappointed with this season. On the other hand, I do agree with you and him that it does speak volumes about us but then again, I do think it goes with the territory, we have as you said been to 15 championship games and won 6 SBs. So, I think expectations go up with that. On the other hand, I look at the local Redskins who have a pretty decent tradition and they just hosted their first playoff game since 1999 this season. As for the ice cream, I'm a Baskin Robbins guy but ice cream is ice cream, you're bound to get something good wherever you go.

Disappointed... yes.

Worst Steelers team that I've ever seen... no way.

[NOTE: I have been disappointed forty-one seasons thus far (if you catch my drift: pleased six times). :wink02:]

More importantly, INDEED: ice cream is always good... but, in my opinion, it's all about the toppings. When you can mix in black cherries, white cake, & caramel... it goes from good to amaaazing!!!

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 02:57 PM
COOKIES!!!!!!!

teegre
01-22-2013, 02:59 PM
COOKIES!!!!!!!

Ah... the darkhorse.

Mrs. Field's versus Cold Stone... hmmm... what would Homer do???

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Ah... the darkhorse.

Mrs. Field's versus Cold Stone... hmmm... what would Homer do???

nuts and gum, together at last. mmmmmmm.......

teegre
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM
nuts and gum, together at last. mmmmmmm.......

I'm always quoting that episode. Nice one!!!

Hawaii 5-0
01-22-2013, 03:07 PM
I'll bet there are a lot of other teams' football fans who wish that their worst team they had ever seen had finished with an 8-8 record.

we are soooo lucky to be so spoiled.

GMU Steeler
01-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Disappointed... yes.

Worst Steelers team that I've ever seen... no way.

[NOTE: I have been disappointed forty-one seasons thus far (if you catch my drift: pleased six times). :wink02:]

More importantly, INDEED: ice cream is always good... but, in my opinion, it's all about the toppings. When you can mix in black cherries, white cake, & caramel... it goes from good to amaaazing!!!

Yep. And man that hypothetical sundae sounds good.

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm always quoting that episode. Nice one!!!

I just had to look that one up because I forgot which one that's from. Some classic lines in there:

My spidey senses tingling
You all have hideous hair!
Hello, Smithers. You're quite good at turning me on.
Now let's forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream.

GMU Steeler
01-22-2013, 03:18 PM
I just had to look that one up because I forgot which one that's from. Some classic lines in there:

"the wisdom of Gertrude Stein, the wit of Cathy Guisewite, the tenacity of Nina Totenberg, the common sense of Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and the down-to-earth good looks of Eleanor Roosevelt."
Funny thing is since seeing that episode, I've actually read some Gertrude Stein. Lemme tell you, that made Kafka look like a walk in the park comparatively.

MasterOfPuppets
01-22-2013, 05:39 PM
http://cdn.motinetwork.net/motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0912/spoiled-brats-kids-demotivational-poster-1259700549.jpg

teegre
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM

My favorite line might be:
After shooitng Ned Flanders, Marge asks Homer how Homer knew that Ned was a zombie... and Homer replies, "He was a zombie???"

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 06:09 PM
one of my favorites is in the episode Das Bus, when Otto is pulled away by a huge wave (seemingly to his death) the last thing he does is yell out "Zeppelin rules!". I tell the people I work if we're at a customer's house and they hear me yell that they know I've either fallen off a roof or a ladder.

teegre
01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
one of my favorites is in the episode Das Bus, when Otto is pulled away by a huge wave (seemingly to his death) the last thing he does is yell out "Zeppelin rules!". I tell the people I work if we're at a customer's house and they hear me yell that they know I've either fallen off a roof or a ladder.

Otto has some keepers, as well.

Bart: Who's driving the bus?
Otto: What bus???

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 06:21 PM
"Otto, there's a gremlin on the side of the bus!"

teegre
01-22-2013, 06:23 PM
"Otto, there's a gremlin on the side of the bus!"

"Don't worry, Bart dude."

SteelersCanada
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
This thread just took a left turn. Albeit a much better, more interesting left turn.

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 09:56 PM
have the rolling stones killed

Atlanta Dan
01-22-2013, 09:58 PM
You should have been there for the '60s....

My dad said I should have been there for the '40s.......

I started following the team in the Mike Nixon and Bill Austin eras in the mid-60s - this year's team was the '76 Steelers compared to that bunch

GMU Steeler
01-22-2013, 09:59 PM
have the rolling stones killed

Yes! I like a lot of quotes by Ralph and Chief Wiggum.There's an early Chief Wiggum quote in the first episode that features Fat Tony and Chief Wiggum says "Fat Tony is a cancer on this city and I am uhhh what cures cancer."

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 10:02 PM
:rofl:Yes! I like a lot of quotes by Ralph and Chief Wiggum.There's an early Chief Wiggum quote in the first episode that features Fat Tony and Chief Wiggum says "Fat Tony is a cancer on this city and I am uhhh what cures cancer."

:rofl:
my cats breath smells like cat food.

If you want to crack a nut, or get a girl, the key is persistence. (Eventually giving up and shooting the shell off the nut). Let that be a lesson to the rest of you....nuts.

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 10:41 PM
I can't believe someone is still trying to say mendenhall is a #1 back. Yes 99% of my post was garbage. However mendenhall sucks, he was okay for like 1 season but he spends to much time dancing around and goes down way to easy, anyone who thinks we should keep him as a back is just wrong. There is no way we he is worth a shit, ever. Blame it on the o-line? Is that why Dwyer and Redman were superior to mendenhall this year, and they them selves aren't even capable of playing an entire set of downs? don't get me wrong I'm not a steeler hater, I love this team, I just think that this year they didn't even look like they gave a shit if they won, and this was mainly the case after BB's injury.

teegre
01-23-2013, 07:44 AM
Yes! I like a lot of quotes by Ralph and Chief Wiggum.There's an early Chief Wiggum quote in the first episode that features Fat Tony and Chief Wiggum says "Fat Tony is a cancer on this city and I am uhhh what cures cancer."

All-time favorite:
It tastes like burning.

Others that are memorable:
Bushes are nice, cause they don't have pricked... unless they do. This one did. Ow!!!

That's where I saw the Leprechaun. He tells me to burn things.

wwhickok
01-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Its really easy to pick out the bandwagon fans.

BlaZeQuietly
01-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Its really easy to pick out the bandwagon fans.

I would hope you are not referring to me because if you are you have your definition of "fan" wrong. I've said time and time again that I love the steelers, but being a fan doesn't mean you defend every player to a T and act like everything is just fine when its not. It also doesn't mean you over look the players that don't even look like they wan't to be on the team much less win games (wallace is a great example).

Steeldude
01-23-2013, 11:06 AM
If that's the worst Steelers team you have ever seen then consider yourself lucky. The 80's were far, far worse. Pretty much everything before the 70's was worse.

ricardisimo
01-23-2013, 08:43 PM
All-time favorite:
It tastes like burning.

Others that are memorable:
Bushes are nice, cause they don't have pricked... unless they do. This one did. Ow!!!

That's where I saw the Leprechaun. He tells me to burn things.
"Miss Hoover! My worm, it crawled in my mouth, and may I have another worm, please?"