PDA

View Full Version : "The Tuna" - speaks - get your ass on the field

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-17-2006, 03:17 AM
Oh Boy Oh Boy this is going to be good.... get the :popcorn: ready and :drinkup: it also appears by the comments in this article from his fellow teammates they don't want to play in the sandbox with him. What a cancer this guy is.

Laying down the law
T.O. practices, proving Parcells is still in total control

OXNARD, Calif. -- If you're wondering why Terrell Owens chose Wednesday to make his sudden return to the practice field after having skipped the 14 previous sessions, the answer is rather simple: The Dallas Cowboys' mercurial receiver apparently decided he'd rather deal with a twinge in his left hamstring than with his sore head coach.

SI.com has learned that the previous afternoon, during the team's training-camp practice in Oxnard, Calif., Cowboys coach Bill Parcells approached trainer Jim Maurer and pointedly said, "Look, you tell Terrell that tomorrow I want him out here for practice. Tomorrow's the day. I don't care. Tomorrow's the day."

Apparently, Owens got the message, rejoining his teammates on the field Wednesday afternoon for the first time since Aug. 2. And, equally important, Parcells sent a message to his players that he remains firmly in charge of his team.

"Before T.O. got back out there, a lot of people were starting to second-guess Bill," one Cowboys player says. "For the first time ever, he'd shown a little weakness, like he might not be totally in control, and like he didn't know how to handle this situation. Because, let's face it, it's been a total spectacle so far."

Don't think that the "Tour de Terrell" stunt Owens pulled last week -- wearing the Discovery Channel pro cycling team's silver and blue jersey and a racing helmet while riding his stationary bike on the sideline during practice -- didn't irk Parcells, who reacted disgustedly. "As soon as he saw T.O. in the jersey, and saw all the TV cameras heading over, Parcells got up and walked to the other end of the field," says the same Cowboys player. "It's like he was saying, 'There's no way you're gonna get a shot of me in the same frame as that crap.'"

Dallas players are well aware that owner Jerry Jones was a driving force behind the courtship of Owens, who replaced reasonably popular wideout Keyshawn Johnson following the team's near-playoff 2005 campaign. They also know that Parcells absolutely loathes it when a player misses practice with a vague ailment -- and it was natural to question just how injured Owens was. Despite having consistently complained of hamstring pain, the wideout was rumored to have run a 4.48 40-yard dash on Tuesday. An MRI exam on Aug. 5, three days after he said he first injured the hamstring, reportedly came up clear.

If the surest way to rile Andy Reid, Owens' former coach in Philadelphia, was to undermine his authority and publicly embarrass his starting quarterback, the quickest way into Parcells' doghouse surely is to do exactly what Owens had been doing for the better part of two weeks.

Remember the brouhaha that occurred a decade ago when Parcells, then the Patriots' coach, referred to wideout Terry Glenn as "she"? The infamous jab came because Glenn -- now, incidentally, Dallas's other starting wideout -- had missed a series of practices with a hamstring injury.

From the other Cowboys' perspective, it was hard not to imagine that the coach had developed similar feelings about Owens. But until Parcells' ultimatum to Maurer, they weren't sure if the Tuna had the juice or gumption to take on Jones' prized free-agent signee.

"We all just sat and wondered, 'Who's gonna win this battle?'" says the Cowboys player. "As a player, you can't help but get distracted when something like that is going on. The guy comes out last every single practice, has somebody carrying his helmet and is always putting on his uniform at the last minute, and then he's out there riding the bike and drawing attention to himself. Even if he's not trying to be a deterrent -- and he clearly is -- it's obvious that the coach isn't happy.

"The bottom line is, he appeared to be healthy and wasn't practicing. So we'd sit and wonder, Who's gonna win? How's it gonna go down?'"

Give this round to the Tuna -- and stay tuned.

83-Steelers-43
08-17-2006, 08:44 AM
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NasaNews/ReleaseImages/Erin.A2001252.1527_tn.jpg It's brewing.

BlackNGold203
08-17-2006, 08:55 AM
I cant think of anyone more deserving of having a stick of dynamite explode in his ass than Jerry Jones...

This will exonerate both Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb.....

I hope Parcells benches his ass...and gets into it publically with Jones...

Let's face it...Jones wants to COACH that team....always has...

*sits back and watches*

:cool: :cool:

klick81
08-17-2006, 12:23 PM
WOW.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-17-2006, 01:33 PM
Im sure that in TO's contract there is a section about his behavior and the money he will lose if he acts up....If TO is health he will be out there practicing!
If he acts up he will lose a bunch of money or possibly be released from the team...
Owners decision.

memphissteelergirl
08-17-2006, 01:43 PM
I cant think of anyone more deserving of having a stick of dynamite explode in his ass than Jerry Jones... :hasign:
This will exonerate both Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb.....

I hope Parcells benches his ass...and gets into it publically with Jones...

Let's face it...Jones wants to COACH that team....always has... :iagree:

*sits back and watches*

:cool: :cool:

It's gonna be so much fun watching Jones' team implode over this...

Get the :pizza: :popcorn: :cheers:...this is gonna be a heckuva show!

RoethlisBURGHer
08-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Oh I can't wait for the Cowgirls to implode!

Haiku_Dirtt
08-17-2006, 04:59 PM
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NasaNews/ReleaseImages/Erin.A2001252.1527_tn.jpg It's brewing.

Dude you crack me up.

Tuna :shout: TO :fingers:

:popcorn: :drinkup:

Ambridge
08-17-2006, 07:14 PM
"Before T.O. got back out there, a lot of people were starting to second-guess Bill," one Cowboys player says. "For the first time ever, he'd shown a little weakness, like he might not be totally in control, and like he didn't know how to handle this situation. Because, let's face it, it's been a total spectacle so far."

Players starting to wonder about Parcells toughness??
The tiny cut is starting to fester.

Petesburgh66
08-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Still believe this will blow up in Jone's face next year.

hmmmmmmmm
08-18-2006, 12:45 AM
Nothing is gonna happen so quit speculating.....NADA!!!! "Cowgirls Cowgirls...its gonna blow up in Jones face....Cowgirls Cowgirls" Shut up with it........NADA!!!!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-18-2006, 01:24 AM
Nothing is gonna happen so quit speculating.....NADA!!!! "Cowgirls Cowgirls...its gonna blow up in Jones face....Cowgirls Cowgirls" Shut up with it........NADA!!!!

...you can't see it's already happening?? If Vegas had some odds on this I'd be laying my greenbacks down on this one like yesterday. :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

hmmmmmmmm
08-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Youd end up getting this 0 and a sad look.

memphissteelergirl
08-18-2006, 03:42 PM
...you can't see it's already happening?? If Vegas had some odds on this I'd be laying my greenbacks down on this one like yesterday. :dollar: :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

I think our friend has a case of selective vision....:rolleyes:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-18-2006, 03:57 PM

Yea...okay...Parcells and Jones will use their collective degrees is Abnormal Psychology to overcome T.O.'s destructive behavior and obvious social insecurities.
Hell, the next thing you know T.O. will be apologizing for his past actions and will give back some of the money he stole from San Fran and Philly. Better yet..I bet he will have one last press conference to say that he will no longer seek out attention from reporters but has turned a new leaf in which he plans to spend the rest of his time in charitable endeavors with his two friends Donavon McNabb and Jeff Garcia.:dang:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Unfortunately there is no cure for cancer and it WILL spread.

SteelerFanInCA
08-18-2006, 06:18 PM
The melt down is a coming...... Stay tuned for more ....

hmmmmmmmm
08-18-2006, 06:53 PM
Yea...okay...Parcells and Jones will use their collective degrees is Abnormal Psychology to overcome T.O.'s destructive behavior and obvious social insecurities.
Hell, the next thing you know T.O. will be apologizing for his past actions and will give back some of the money he stole from San Fran and Philly. Better yet..I bet he will have one last press conference to say that he will no longer seek out attention from reporters but has turned a new leaf in which he plans to spend the rest of his time in charitable endeavors with his two friends Donavon McNabb and Jeff Garcia.:dang:

Never know huh...he didnt steal money from either...either. Its whatever you wanna think....youll see after the regular seasons over

tony hipchest
08-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Never know huh...he didnt steal money from either...either. Its whatever you wanna think....youll see after the regular seasons oversee what? roy williams break his leg in practice and watch him miss the playoffs.

or see parcells call him "she" and he get his feelings hurt and cry on tv about his grammama?

t.o. is sensitive. he wrote a whole book because donnovan told him to shut the f--k up. he doesnt have the thick skin to hang with parcells. and parcells is being asked to handle her with kids gloves.

parcells is pissed which means one thing. bye bye :salute:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Never know huh...he didnt steal money from either...either. Its whatever you wanna think....youll see after the regular seasons over

I'm afraid the "love fest" won't last that long, it will emplode long before the regular season is over. Stay tuned.

:splat:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-20-2006, 03:08 PM

yep your absolutely right nothing is going to happen and we'll see after the regular season is over." Hmmmm it's looking like we won't have to "wait" that long. It's only a matter of time before The Tuna either 1) tears T.O's eyes out or 2) takes his "injured" :rofl: hamstring and chokes him with it. Guess it's back to the stationary Tour De Oxnard CA bike for Owens. What a waste this guy is just another Dennis Rodman in a football uniform.

The Owens cancer has hit stage 4 two weeks into the preseason. I don't know why anyone would think that changing the scenery would change this ass hole, but we're talking Jerry Jones here and Owens. I'm off to Vegas to make that bet.... :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

Talk about :whistle: past the graveyard.

I got my :popcorn: :pizza: :beerbang: ready anyone care to join me this is going to be GOOD!

T.O., TUNA WAR COMING?

A league source tells us that Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is claiming that he has re-injured his hamstring, and he is blaming it on the fact that he was rushed back to practice before he was ready, and that he got too many reps during practice.

We're told that Owens is now taking the position that he won't be playing or practicing until he concludes that he is at 100 percent, and that he's privately saying that he might not be at 100 percent until the second week of the regular season.

The Cowboys are scheduled to have a one-hour walk through on Sunday morning in preparation for Monday night's game at the Saints. But since coach Bill Parcells has said that Owens won't play on Monday night due to the 14 practices that he missed due to the hamstring injury, it's unlikely that Owens will be expected to participate. The Cowboys are off on Tuesday, and resume practice on Wednesday.

Whether Owens is merely blowing smoke remains to be seen. But if he decides to take a pass on practice until he believes he's back to 100 percent, the stage will be set for all-out war between T.O. and the Tuna.

WWIIOwheelz
08-20-2006, 04:46 PM
LOL! Where/what site did that come from?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-20-2006, 09:23 PM
LOL! Where/what site did that come from?

video is on espn.com website click on "agent reacts"

got it from profootballtalk.com - seems the guy who runs this site is not real well liked but 9 times out of 10 he usually get the story before everyone else. His site was the first to break the Chad Johnson locker room fight where everyone else was saying "nothing happened" when as time passed we found out it actually did.

:shout: :shout: :shout: UPDATE UPDATE ---- T.O' agent speaks

so my guess is it's all true and not some BS story -

ROSENHAUS TAKES UP FOR T.O.

Want more proof that the situation between Cowboys coach Bill Parcells and receiver Terrell Owens is dangerously close to an implosion? Look no farther than Sunday's appearance by agent Drew Rosenhaus on ESPN's SportsCenter, in which Rosenhaus gives the media a tongue lashing for putting pressure on Owens to practice while suffering from a "serious injury."

Said Rosenhaus, to Bob Ley: "I represent approximately eighty players in the NFL, and many of them are injured and most of them don't have injuries that are as serious as Terrell's and they don't get any flak. I think this is a non-story. Terrell Owens has a *serious injury. He has a pulled hamstring. He is coming off of this injury to the best of anyone's ability and I think that the pressure that has been placed on him by the media is just ridiculous. (*my comments - according to the MRI there is NO injury)

"Let me just state it again: He is injured. He wants to practice. He wants to play. Let me remind everybody about what he did at the Super Bowl a few years ago where he came off of an injury that people thought might have been career threatening. It's ludicrous to suspect that he's doing anything but working at his hardest to come back. Terrell loves to practice. People have criticized him in the past for many things but no one has ever said that he doesn't love to work and love to practice. He is hurt, and he's still hurt."

By focusing his attention solely on the media, Rosenhaus ignores the fact that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones recently urged Owens to practice at less than 100 percent. Likewise, it's been no secret that coach Bill Parcells has been frustrated by Owens' failure to practice on a hamstring that showed no damage in an MRI. Indeed, Mike Silver of Sports Illustrated reported last week that Owens' Wednesday return to practice was the direct result of a direct order from the Tuna to the team's trainer that Owens will be on the field the next day.

Owens then practiced on Wednesday through Saturday morning, before retreating to his stationary bike for the afternoon session. On Saturday night, we heard that Owens is now claiming that the premature resumption of practice resulted in an aggravation of the injury, that he won't come back until he believes that he is at 100 percent, and that he might miss the first game of the regular season as he heals.

Most telling regarding his agent's comments, in our view, is the fact that Rosenhaus speaks in the present tense. "Terrell Owens has a serious injury. . . . He is injured."

Our take? It's a deliberate effort by Owens, through Rosenhaus, to defuse any further criticism from the media -- or from anyone associated with the team -- when Owens fails to dress out for practice on Wednesday, the team's next scheduled practice session, and beyond.

And it's further proof that a real battle is looming between Owens and Parcells, which still could result (we believe) in Owens' name being omitted from the 53-man roster. If the Cowboys release him before the start of the regular season, the team would avoid responsibility for $5 million in salary, which otherwise will become fully guaranteed as of September 10.

We also think that the decision of Rosenhaus to stick his nose into the situation will serve only to aggravate Parcells, and could made it easier for the Tuna to persuade Jones that the team should cut its losses by cutting T.O.

SteelShooter
08-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Well, just about everyone predicted this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but not this early!