PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger gives a shit

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 11:11 PM
I really like Big Ben. He has been my favorite player ever since he busted onto the scene. His style of play, and his determination to win is unmatched by any player in the NFL in my opinion. We had a bad season this year but one person I can't blame is Ben. Did anyone see him on the sideline when we lost to the Bengles, and knew we were out of the playoffs? His head was hung, he knew the team let down their fans, and he would not be playing in January. Although I do think his career might be a little short due to taking such a beating, I believe that as long as we surround him with some talent. (better o-line, maybe a big #1 receiver, find a reliable running back) This offense would be stellar. I really hope we straighten this shit out for 2013, that man deserves another shot to win us a championship. With all of this (negative/positive crap on this forum right now I just wanted to point out a bright spot.)

harrison'samonster
01-22-2013, 11:16 PM
Oh I don't question his desire to win. He's got heart and he's a winner. I think they all deserve a little blame for this season though. That's ok though, there will be a next year!

Penn
01-22-2013, 11:17 PM
nobody gets a pass for this dreadful season

Ben threw crippling favre-esque interceptions in the bengals and cowboys game which immediately led to defeats. You can say antonio brown shouldnt fumble on a return too but that doesnt take away Bens poor play in his last few games

BlaZeQuietly
01-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Ben wasn't the same after the injury. I think if we had a good back up ben wouldn't have been back for the chargers game where he obviously was only like 40%, he probably would have sat the cowboys game to. Yeah he threw some game losing interceptions at the end of the season, but they wouldnt have mattered if the rest of the team was up to par. Ben was playing MVP caliber football before he went down, when we beat the giants I was thinking we were on our way to # 7, then Ben get's hurt , Lefty comes in, breaks his ribs tripping over his own feet, batch comes in, saves our ass in the ravens game. Then it was like some people just gave up while Ben was out, I don't know what the hell happened, things were looking pretty good, we were like 8th in the power rankings for a while.

BlaZeQuietly
01-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Ben lol

Fire Arians
01-23-2013, 12:20 AM
i bet he takes a shit too

BlaZeQuietly
01-23-2013, 12:25 AM
i bet he takes a shit too

I bet I won't tomorrow, I railed 12 percocets in the last hour that binds me up.

lloydwoodson
01-23-2013, 01:16 AM
I bet I won't tomorrow, I railed 12 percocets in the last hour that binds me up.

No bro! You are doing it wrong. Take those percs an an anal suppository and get back to us on how it went. Great thread by the way that gave me lots to think about.

BlaZeQuietly
01-23-2013, 01:24 AM
No bro! You are doing it wrong. Take those percs an an anal suppository and get back to us on how it went. Great thread by the way that gave me lots to think about.

Believe it or not that supposedly does work with some stuff, you wont catch me sticking any pills up my ass though.

lloydwoodson
01-23-2013, 01:31 AM
Believe it or not that supposedly does work with some stuff, you wont catch me sticking any pills up my ass though.

Never again huh? :rofl:

Edman
01-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Saying is one thing. Doing is another.

VaDave
01-23-2013, 06:37 AM
This was a year where it just didn't turn out they way you drew it up on paper. Make no mistake, there was no way this was going to be a championship season, even from the get go. I had us at not more than a playoff capable team. We desended for a multitude of reasonf to playoff conteneder status, which has caused much consternation within Steeler Nation.

Some of the suggestions for improvement run the gamit from firing the office janitor, to blowing up the whole enterprise with a neutron bomb. Truth be told, we should be very greatful for the last 40 years of excellence football.

kent
01-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Ben definitely made some mistakes this year that lost some games. He just didn't seem to have that late game magic of the past. No doubt in my mind though that he will return to form this year. He is a leader or men and it's nice to see how he's matured over his career on and off the field.

lipps83
01-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Ben definitely made some mistakes this year that lost some games. He just didn't seem to have that late game magic of the past. No doubt in my mind though that he will return to form this year. He is a leader or men and it's nice to see how he's matured over his career on and off the field.

He did at the beginning of the season but not the 2nd half. I would sum that up to his shoulder and ribs were still hurting him.

Not an excuse overall, just why I think he lost that magic towards the end this year.

SteelerEmpire
01-23-2013, 10:13 AM
He needs to work on his deep passing and his clutch ability has declined slightly. Other than that he's the man.

desertsteel
01-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Ben gets most of the credit when we win so he gets at least some of the blame when we lose.

maddog78
01-23-2013, 12:17 PM
nobody gets a pass for this dreadful season

Ben threw crippling favre-esque interceptions in the bengals and cowboys game which immediately led to defeats. You can say antonio brown shouldnt fumble on a return too but that doesnt take away Bens poor play in his last few games

He stunk in the Bengals game. He was fantastic in the Cowboys game until the pick. Led a 4th quarter drive to put them up 7 before Brown and the #1 defense choked it away.

Ben is far down the list of reasons we lost in Dallas, behind Brown and the defense that let Romo complete 30-42.

The defense also choked away Tennessee and Oakland, and in Denver, Ben's 4th qtr TD to Wallace put the Steelers up 19-14 before the defense gave up 11 straight. Ben failed to lead a 2nd 4th quarter go-ahead drive.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
He stunk in the Bengals game. He was fantastic in the Cowboys game until the pick. Led a 4th quarter drive to put them up 7 before Brown and the #1 defense choked it away.

Ben is far down the list of reasons we lost in Dallas, behind Brown and the defense that let Romo complete 30-42.

The defense also choked away Tennessee and Oakland, and in Denver, Ben's 4th qtr TD to Wallace put the Steelers up 19-14 before the defense gave up 11 straight. Ben failed to lead a 2nd 4th quarter go-ahead drive.

Admittedly, the defense struggled early in the season. Every part of this team has to take some blame for the outcome of this season

don't know how you can put the Dallas loss on the defense in any way. We had injured CB's.
Their only score in the 4th QT to tie the game came from a drive starting in Pittsburgh territory after a ST's fumble.
Their score to end the game in over time started on the Pittsburgh 1 yard line after we turned the ball over.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-23-2013, 01:17 PM
I really like Big Ben. He has been my favorite player ever since he busted onto the scene. His style of play, and his determination to win is unmatched by any player in the NFL in my opinion.

Why do you always have to resort to hyperbole and over-the-top claims in your postings? What proof do you have that he is the most determined player in the NFL? If he was that dedicated to winning, he might spend more time in the filmroom....

We had a bad season this year but one person I can't blame is Ben.

Why not? Did Byron Leftwich sneak onto the field during the Chargers and Cowboys games and throw those costly pick-6's for Ben?

Did anyone see him on the sideline when we lost to the Bengles, and knew we were out of the playoffs? His head was hung, he knew the team let down their fans, and he would not be playing in January.

OMG. So...if I go out and kill a bunch of people....and then hang my head and act all mopey afterwards-- it isn't my fault anymore?

If you think so, you may want to lay off the ass repositories and smoke a joint instead or something.

StainlessStill
01-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Funny thing is, Ben did bring us back many of times this season. He just had to do it over and over and over again. When defense's are BLOWING leads, that means our QB, who was a 3rd and long JUGGERNAUT in the first half of the season, was making plays and givin leads. It's hard to have late game magic 2-3 times a game. When it was pretty much a washed out season, did he make some bad throws? Of course, he deserves fault where fault is due, but without Roethlisberger, we are staring at a 4-5 win season.

Appreciate Ben. Before you know it.............

Fire Arians
01-23-2013, 01:24 PM
OMG. So...if I go out and kill a bunch of people....and then hang my head and act all mopey afterwards-- it isn't my fault anymore?

only if you settle for a few million like ray lewis did

maddog78
01-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Admittedly, the defense struggled early in the season. Every part of this team has to take some blame for the outcome of this season

don't know how you can put the Dallas loss on the defense in any way. We had injured CB's.
Their only score in the 4th QT to tie the game came from a drive starting in Pittsburgh territory after a ST's fumble.
Their score to end the game in over time started on the Pittsburgh 1 yard line after we turned the ball over.

The offense had injured linemen. Injuries happen. if LeBeau's schemes are worthless unless all 11 starters are healthy, we need a new DC.

Dallas' offensive line was a mess and the Steelers didn't get a sniff all game. They stunk on D.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
The offense had injured linemen. Injuries happen. if LeBeau's schemes are worthless unless all 11 starters are healthy, we need a new DC.

Dallas' offensive line was a mess and the Steelers didn't get a sniff all game. They stunk on D.

Unfortunately true. I recall before the Dallas game, rubbing my hands together, expecting a big game out of Woodley and Harrison, with Dallas having only 1 starter on their Oline. With all of our starting front 7 in there, and Dallas having an Oline filled with 2nd and 3rd stringers-- we generated 0 sacks and like 2 hurries.

I am not one of those who thinks our defense "stinks" or anything, but it sure does need in influx of youth and some adjustments to the sceme.

harrison'samonster
01-23-2013, 01:52 PM

I didn't say that Lebeau's schemes are worthless without all 11 starters healthy. The steelers gave up one drive that covered 80 yards.

Other than that they gave up a 50 yard field goal (1st Qtr)
They gave up a TD on a drive that started at the PIT 42 yrd line (2nd Qtr, after we go 3 and out)
3rd QTR: They go three and out, we go three and out, then they have their long drive.
4th QTR: They get one 1st down, then punt away -- Special teams fumbles back to them and their drive starts on OUR side.
Overtime: Their winning drive started on OUR 1 yard line

Stunk?

This is the last post I'm doing about the Defense on this thread, there are already other threads on the D, sorry for stealing the thread!

teegre
01-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Funny thing is, Ben did bring us back many of times this season. He just had to do it over and over and over again. When defense's are BLOWING leads, that means our QB, who was a 3rd and long JUGGERNAUT in the first half of the season, was making plays and givin leads. It's hard to have late game magic 2-3 times a game. When it was pretty much a washed out season, did he make some bad throws? Of course, he deserves fault where fault is due, but without Roethlisberger, we are staring at a 4-5 win season.

Appreciate Ben. Before you know it.............

Trust me, I appreciate BB. There was no one happier in April 2004 than I was.

BUT... he is not without fault.

The Tennessee & the Oakland games are generally the games people point to, when they blame the defense. And, the defense deserves blame. BUT, so does the offense. In the Tennessee game, they had a blocked kick, and there were a couple of key fumbles in the Oakland game.

Most importantly, in order to seal the victory, in each of those games, BB needed to complete a third-down conversion. Not a long pass; not a TD; but, a simple third-down conversion. In both instances, BB overthrew (or overlooked) an open Heath Miller... which resulted in a punt, and the defense giving up the winning score. If those third-downs are completed, the defense never has to even walk onto the field.

Make sense?

The line between 8-1 and 6-3 is as simple as two throws... just as the line between 4-5 and 6-3 is as simple as BB bailing out the defense.

maddog78
01-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Trust me, I appreciate BB. There was no one happier in April 2004 than I was.

BUT... he is not without fault.

The Tennessee & the Oakland games are generally the games people point to, when they blame the defense. And, the defense deserves blame. BUT, so does the offense. In the Tennessee game, they had a blocked kick, and there were a couple of key fumbles in the Oakland game.

Most importantly, in order to seal the victory, in each of those games, BB needed to complete a third-down conversion. Not a long pass; not a TD; but, a simple third-down conversion. In both instances, BB overthrew (or overlooked) an open Heath Miller... which resulted in a punt, and the defense giving up the winning score. If those third-downs are completed, the defense never has to even walk onto the field.

Make sense?

The line between 8-1 and 6-3 is as simple as two throws... just as the line between 4-5 and 6-3 is as simple as BB bailing out the defense.

More like 1-8 if Ben doesn't lead the league in 3rd down passing before he got hurt.

torpedoshell31
01-23-2013, 08:00 PM
2 plays in the Ravens-Pats game is why I prefer Ben over Tom Brady. The first is on Brady's leg up in the air slide against Ed Reed. This was a crucial 3rd down play and Brady safely slid down instead of trying to get the first down. Ben would have at least tried to run over Reed for the first down.
The second play was late in the game and the Pats had once last chance facing a 4th down deep in Ravens territory. While facing pressure, Brady simply threw the ball out of the end zone on 4th down rather than risk getting hit on the play. Ben might have thrown a pick, might have tried to run for the first down, or completed a pass on the play. One thing he wouldn't have done is quit on the play and ultimately quit on the game like Brady did.

BlaZeQuietly
01-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Why do you always have to resort to hyperbole and over-the-top claims in your postings? What proof do you have that he is the most determined player in the NFL? If he was that dedicated to winning, he might spend more time in the filmroom....

Why not? Did Byron Leftwich sneak onto the field during the Chargers and Cowboys games and throw those costly pick-6's for Ben?

If you think so, you may want to lay off the ass repositories and smoke a joint instead or something.

Quit tearing apart every damn thing I say do I need to make a sig bet with you and force you to put something humiliating in your signature to get you off my back you negative nancy?

lloydwoodson
01-23-2013, 11:22 PM

:rofl: "repositories"