PDA

View Full Version : Ok .. here is a positive uplifting thread..

Rowland2110
01-24-2013, 05:47 AM
Steelers training camp.. Call me maybe! By Carly Rae Jepsen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKsNJb_62TM

lloydwoodson
01-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Good thread. Positivity is always welcome... but it is apparently not much of a conversation starter. A better thread title would have been "Roethlisberger stars in Steelers video." People go crazy for threads about quarterbacks- there are 4 pages of comments on David Garrard presently. :chuckle:

SteelersCanada
01-27-2013, 11:31 PM
This didn't get much attention because you didn't say our team sucked and is going to suck for a long time. Positivity isn't welcome on these boards now that we're 8-8. Didn't you hear? Tomlin and Ben suck!

More on topic, this is an uplifting video. I'm glad the guys there can have some fun under those conditions they're in - even if it's not like how they used to do it in the 70s/80s.

fer522
01-28-2013, 06:31 PM
dude you cant be posting anything positive!! dont you know that we suck, and that we are gonna have to fire Tomlin, Haley, DL, and even the waterboy :wink02:

awesome video!!!

vasteeler
01-28-2013, 07:34 PM
positive?!?....uplifting?!?....steelersfever?!? :jawdrop:

steelfury02
01-28-2013, 09:24 PM
I'm scared Steelers Fever. Take me back to the days where we were all so negative. So cold Steelers Fever, I'm . . .so . . .cold

Lady Steel
01-28-2013, 10:10 PM
I saw this video when it first came out. It's such a happy little tune. :dancing:

I was full of so much excitement and hope in our Quest for Seven in 2012. Onward and upward in 2013! :tt:

steelfury02
01-29-2013, 06:44 AM
I saw this video when it first came out. It's such a happy little tune. :dancing:

I was full of so much excitement and hope in our Quest for Seven in 2012. Onward and upward in 2013! :tt:

always nice to see some inside footage of the players - good reminder that they're just people too and are just as susceptible to ups and downs.

We're down, but we'll be back.

wwhickok
01-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Great thread

torpedoshell31
01-29-2013, 09:55 AM
I see Chris Rainey is featured in this video, now he's hoping that another NFL team will call him--maybe.

FrancoLambert
01-29-2013, 10:21 AM
Playing Devil's Advocate here.

Objectivity is often portrayed as negativity.
At 8-8 (which is undeniably mediocre), there is not a lot of positivity to be gleaned from this past season.
Which units of our team are definitely trending upwards?
O-line? Nope. WR's? Nope. Running backs? Nope. Special Teams? :sofunny:
DL? Maybe, if the younger guys get more of a chance to play and contribute.
CB's? May be the only unit with Lewis and Allen showing promise as starters.
QB? We're set with Ben but have no reliable backup.

Colbert didn't sound too positive with his year-end summary of the team.

Millers the sh!t
01-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Well said Franco.

I'd like to be part of this Board when things are going well in Pittsburgh. Ain't much positive things to write about right now, and I don't follow college football so I can't talk about drafting, so I haven't been posting nothing. Hopefully next season we are better and our season is a few weeks longer.

Millers the sh!t
01-29-2013, 12:11 PM
I see Chris Rainey is featured in this video, now he's hoping that another NFL team will call him--maybe.

New England will call him Maybe... And if so he will be utilized much better.