PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to win?

truesteelerfan
01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Seems every Steeler fan has an opinion on this Sunday's Game - Won't watch - hope everyone gets hurt and they can't finish the game, root for division rival Baltimore to prove AFC North is the top in the league and keep SF from tieing us with 6 trophies, or rooting for SF to ensure a loss for the Ratbirds. So I wanted to see what the majority really feel. What do you think Steelers Nation - Who should we be rooting for?

Fire Arians
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
anybody but the ravens, even if they were playing the cowboys

harrison'samonster
01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
I went with the Ravens. Not because I want them to win but because I think they'll pull it off. I'll watch the game and I think it will be a good one, but when it comes down to it I'm not going to be rooting for one over the other.

SteelersCanada
01-29-2013, 01:48 PM
I don't know, it's like Sophie's choice. I would've preferred Brady and Bill win back to back than this be the match up. I mean, if there is a positive to take away from this, it's the fact that the Ravens are losing 3 - 4 key guys next year and will be significantly weaker in 2013 than they were this year. If they win, I don't see guys like Reed or Birk coming back and if you couple that with Lewis leaving, that's a lot of key veterans leaving at the same time. We all know what it's like to lose key veterans at once without any true leadership left.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-29-2013, 01:55 PM
It's easy-- the Ravens.

If the 49ers win, they overtake us in SB win percentage. We would be sitting at 6-2, while the Niners would then be 6-0.

If the Ravens win-- it means nothing other than the AFC North now owns 3 of the last 8 titles, and 4 of the last 8 SBs played by an AFC North team, and we still keep our 2-0 postseason record against them.

Blacksburg Zach
01-29-2013, 02:02 PM
I have to begrudgingly root for the 49ers here. I can never bring myself to root for the ravens, and I believe that if the Steelers want to remain alone on the top of the Lombardi mountain, they should go to the super bowl and win within the next couple of years rather than relying on the 49ers to lose

The_Joker
01-29-2013, 02:08 PM
... Rats...

pete74
01-29-2013, 02:44 PM
I'm not a fan of either but I think the Ravens have the better QB and team so Ithink they win another ttitle

teegre
01-29-2013, 02:49 PM
I can not ... will not... root for Ray Lewis.

Not in a box. Not in a house.
Not with a fox. Not with a knife in a limo.

LVSteelersfan
01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Sorry, just can't with a good conscience root for Ray Lewis and Suggs. Hate them both with a passion. And people saying Baltimore is the better team are smoking crack. 49ers D is going to kick Flacco's butt all over the place.

JackH
01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
The only reason I'll watch the game is because of the commercials. Especially the one where Kate Upton watches the washing of a Mercedes. I'd watch her watch anything.

As for the teams, well you got the Ravens who beat a team 13-10 in the regular season that lost their starting QB the week before and in this game the backup QB got hurt on the first series when he scored a TD and couldn't throw worth squat the rest of the game. If the Ravens hadn't won that game, they wouldn't have made the playoffs. The team they beat that day would have. And might be playing in the Super Bowl instead of the Ratbirds.

And then you got the 49ers that got totally dominated by the Giants 26-3 and the Seahawks 42-13.

Neither team deserves to win the Super Bowl.

Ricco Suavez
01-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Is there a game this weekend?

Atlanta Dan
01-29-2013, 04:01 PM
I agree with Ryan Clark

Steelers safety Ryan Clark gave his Super Bowl prediction on ESPN Radio and acknowledged that he's torn.

"I'm in a tough position because the Steelers' organization, they want the 49ers not to tie us [with six Super Bowl titles]," Clark said. "But I couldn't live with the Ravens winning and hearing it all season. So, I'm going with the 49ers."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/71653/ryan-clarks-super-bowl-prediction

Men of Steel
01-29-2013, 04:04 PM
It's easy-- the Ravens.

If the 49ers win, they overtake us in SB win percentage. We would be sitting at 6-2, while the Niners would then be 6-0.

If the Ravens win-- it means nothing other than the AFC North now owns 3 of the last 8 titles, and 4 of the last 8 SBs played by an AFC North team, and we still keep our 2-0 postseason record against them.

So what if the 49ers have a "better" SB win percentage if they win.

If a team is 1-0 in superbowls, their win percentage is 100%, while ours is 75%. Does that make their 1 superbowl better than our 6, because of a "better" win percentage?

Let the niners have this one! its all about LOMBARDI'S. So what if they tie us for 6. They still wouldnt be "overtaking" us there. We'd be all tied up, and good! More motivation for this organization to take the lead again and win an unprecedented 7th SB.

I preffer that waaaay much more than hearing dirty ratbird fans brag about how they officially own us forever if they win this next superbowl.

GO NINERS!

WVABE
01-29-2013, 04:13 PM
I would enjoy watching lil bro jim cry&cry so big bro can see what everyone else see's.

Goin with afc whether I like it or not.

kent
01-29-2013, 04:47 PM
I just want to say Ray Lewis crying at the end of the game again, but this time not tears of happiness.

ZoneBlitzer
01-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Hard choice but I kind of lean to the Ravens. I've always respected Lewis and Reed, two of the greatest ever at their positions. They both have the kind of football philosophy that I like. I like both their defenses as well. I like the kid Kap too, but I like the character that the Ravens have. Also if the Niners win, they'll be the first to 7 before the Steelers. They are young and super talented in all the right positions. Their graph is going up. As for the Ravens, it could be just a one and done kind of thing.

torpedoshell31
01-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Maybe Ray will grow antlers after the game from tacking his illegal buck velvet substance. If you remember when he first had his injury everyone including the Ravens said his season was over. Now we know how a guy in his late 30's healed so quickly. Again, if this was James Harrison he would be not only be suspended for the Super Bowl, but probably for the first 6 games next year.

steelfury02
01-29-2013, 05:55 PM
I respect Lewis's career, kind of despise his camera whoring and his "relationships with god"

seems those preaching in front of the camera are the ones farthest away from being a good person - ya know, the type of person who is charged with obstruction in a murder case, and, with good authority, I know someone who was there that night and Lewis was more interested in fleeing the scene and not being caught than being concerned with a dying man.

yea, he also has 10 bajillion women and 10 trajillion kids - "go Ray"

eff that. I think the Ravens will win, but in no way do I root for anyone like that

Rick5895
01-30-2013, 03:48 AM
I only wanted the Rats to win once, there first super bowl, and then only because Rod Woodson was playing there and I wanted him to get a ring.
So what if the niners tie us for wins in Super Bowls, not enough for me to have to hear the endless ray Lewis garbage if he goes out with a title.
I have family in the bay area as well and they are huge Niners fans, which is reason enough for me

wwhickok
01-30-2013, 06:09 AM
San Fransisco. I do not believe the Ravens have the better team especially defensively.

steelfury02
01-30-2013, 07:28 AM
San Fransisco. I do not believe the Ravens have the better team especially defensively.

the Ravens defense does seem to have "it" this year - timely turnovers

I wouldn't be too shocked to see Mr. "Retarded" Flacco have a meltdown because the game is too big for him. He has been just about flawless since their reg season win over the Giants.

teegre
01-30-2013, 07:29 AM
So what if the niners tie us for wins in Super Bowls, not enough for me to have to hear the endless ray Lewis garbage if he goes out with a title.

^^THAT^^

SteelCitian
01-30-2013, 08:19 AM
My mind is made up-I want Ray Lewis to go out a LOSER!

steelfury02
01-30-2013, 08:23 AM
^^THAT^^

lol yea, I don't know why I tortured myself watching a little bit of media day - thought I could at least get to hear what Suggs had to say, especially after enjoying his New England comments

What I'm already taking away from this upcoming SB is that no one compares this to Jerome riding off into the sunset, and for that, I'm thankful. NFL Network even said to Warren Sapp - no matter what, someone has to ask him the questions - he is a controversial figure - even the idiot AFC North ESPN guy said Lewis will go in with 2 asterisks next to him: Obstructionist to Murder and now banned substance user - and the journalist is a Bmore guy.

The Ravens fans deserve their "well-respected" star:rofl:

I enjoy what he has done on the field, but to pretend like he is some godly hero is laughable.

maddog78
01-30-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm torn. Hate the Ravens, but I think if a division rival wins the Super Bowl, it's like a thumb in the eye of the Steelers. The front office would hopefully find motivation to do everything it takes to get back and win it. It would also help to shut up overconfident vets, like Woodley, who said the Ravens would never even get to a Super Bowl because the Mighty Steelers (tm) were in the way.

On the other hand, I hate the Ravens. And a 6th Lombardi for SF might have the same effect on ownership.

On the third hand, I think SF is poised to win several in the coming years, so maybe delaying the first in that run wouldn't be so bad.

OK, I'm out of hands.

maddog78
01-30-2013, 09:20 AM
The only reason I'll watch the game is because of the commercials. Especially the one where Kate Upton watches the washing of a Mercedes. I'd watch her watch anything.

As for the teams, well you got the Ravens who beat a team 13-10 in the regular season that lost their starting QB the week before and in this game the backup QB got hurt on the first series when he scored a TD and couldn't throw worth squat the rest of the game. If the Ravens hadn't won that game, they wouldn't have made the playoffs. The team they beat that day would have. And might be playing in the Super Bowl instead of the Ratbirds.

And then you got the 49ers that got totally dominated by the Giants 26-3 and the Seahawks 42-13.

Neither team deserves to win the Super Bowl.

Teams that lost to them in the playoffs deserve to be in the Super Bowl, then? Sorry, that's a silly argument. If you're there, you deserve to be there. This isn't college football.

maddog78
01-30-2013, 09:22 AM
It's easy-- the Ravens.

5 out of 6 is still a better percentage than 6 out of 8.

Terminator
01-30-2013, 10:22 AM
It makes me sick to know the 49ers could tie our SuperBowl record, but I will never, in this life or the next, root for the Baltimore Ravens.

The thought of THEM winning the SuperBowl fills my soul with the fire of 10,000 suns.

ebsteelers
01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
hoping the ravens win and it lights a fire under someone in pittsburgh A$$..

hate the team but respect them..

played against both ray rice,
and anthony davis from 49ers..

always hated that ray had to go to the ravens as i always liked him at rutgers, same with flacco leaves locally

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
01-30-2013, 01:58 PM
Sometimes I wished we could just dominate for 3 years in a row and being the first ever to 3 peat lol

I can always dream.

ebsteelers
01-30-2013, 02:02 PM
maybe i'll just watch re runs of gator boys and finding big foot all night,

not check the newspaper facebook, or anything else until august...

teegre
01-30-2013, 02:14 PM
lol yea, I don't know why I tortured myself watching a little bit of media day - thought I could at least get to hear what Suggs had to say, especially after enjoying his New England comments

What I'm already taking away from this upcoming SB is that no one compares this to Jerome riding off into the sunset, and for that, I'm thankful. NFL Network even said to Warren Sapp - no matter what, someone has to ask him the questions - he is a controversial figure - even the idiot AFC North ESPN guy said Lewis will go in with 2 asterisks next to him: Obstructionist to Murder and now banned substance user - and the journalist is a Bmore guy.

The Ravens fans deserve their "well-respected" star:rofl:

I enjoy what he has done on the field, but to pretend like he is some godly hero is laughable.

Amen!!!

(Get it?)

FrancoLambert
01-30-2013, 05:11 PM
Beyonce.

wwhickok
01-30-2013, 05:32 PM
I used to respect the Ravens but this season has really made me realize how big of frauds they are as people.

StainlessStill
01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
It's a travesty to see 11 votes for Baltimore. FUCKING travesty.

stb_steeler
01-30-2013, 05:42 PM
There should have been a 3rd option.... #3. NEITHER

Millers the sh!t
01-30-2013, 06:06 PM
Don't know what all you bastard are talking about. This is gonna be a great game and I'm ten times more proud that two teams with strong defense and running game are in the Bowk instead of the ****** high flying score machine teams like the pats or someone else the league is trying to breed for the next generation of fans. Anyone who'd rather see Brady and the pats or cowboys play or win another superbowl over the ravens or Niners can go to hell, both those teams sold their souls to the devil and anyone associated with them can go to hell with them. The patriots and cowboys fucked us out of more superbowl appearances or wins than the ravens and. I'd much rather a team win based around old school tough football values than the new school ***** teams.

Blacksburg Zach
01-30-2013, 06:42 PM
There should have been a 3rd option.... #3. NEITHER

The meteor would have also made a nice 3rd option.

steve314
01-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Sometimes I wished we could just dominate for 3 years in a row and being the first ever to 3 peat lol

I can always dream.

How is that possible, when they apparently need to keep the schedule of missing the playoffs every three years?

teegre
01-31-2013, 06:23 PM
The meteor would have also made a nice 3rd option.

Argh... so true. There goes my hopes of a threepeat.

Oh well... four in five years is also very nice.

zcoop
01-31-2013, 06:27 PM
Don't have a dog in the fight, but I think the ratbirds will win. This should be a pretty good game. Thank God NE is not in it, I can't stand that Brady Bunch.

palasport
01-31-2013, 07:14 PM
Ravens for the win I don't really want the Ravens but thats who I would rather win for a few simple reasons,first I think if the Ravens lose Lewis WILL play another year,cause what player wants to end his carrer on a lost Super Bowl? second the Forty niners are cheaters just like the Ravens (wonder if it runs in the family) remember the mysterious stadium lights going out like three times in that night game in San Fran only when we got the ball? and three because they would have six rings and be undeafed in the Super bowls when we lost two super bowls, come on peeps swallow your pride, either way we didn't make the play-offs so the Ravens might as well make our Division look good and tough (which it is) Ohh and that Kaepernick or however his name is spelled needs to go down,who kisses there arm? he belongs in San Francisco if you know what I mean.

Blacksburg Zach
01-31-2013, 07:46 PM
The fact that 40 percent of Steelers fans who voted in this poll want the Purple Browns to win is an absolute travesty. Granted, no matter who wins, Steeler nation loses, but the 49ers are the lesser of these two evils in my eyes.

Steel Peon
01-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Whoever wins, we lose.....but, whoever loses, we win.....that being said, the sting of the Ravens winning it all wouldn't be half as bad as all the "Greatest NFL Franchise of All Time" shit that we'll be bombarded with if the 9ers win. Then immediately afterwards we'll get to hear all the "We're just getting started, next we're going for 7 and 8" shit, so no thanks, Go Ra.....t....s.....s......there I said it.

lloydwoodson
01-31-2013, 08:43 PM
The fact that 40 percent of Steelers fans who voted in this poll want the Purple Browns to win is an absolute travesty. Granted, no matter who wins, Steeler nation loses, but the 49ers are the lesser of these two evils in my eyes.

I agree it is bizarre for people to be cheering for the Ravens- especially the Steelers players who have picked for them to win or want them to win. So much for the Steelers using the Ravens success as their own motivation. They aren't going to be fired up next year just because their bestest friends the Rvens went to the Superbowl last year.

Blacksburg Zach
01-31-2013, 09:16 PM
Whoever wins, we lose.....but, whoever loses, we win.....that being said, the sting of the Ravens winning it all wouldn't be half as bad as all the "Greatest NFL Franchise of All Time" shit that we'll be bombarded with if the 9ers win. Then immediately afterwards we'll get to hear all the "We're just getting started, next we're going for 7 and 8" shit, so no thanks, Go Ra.....t....s.....s......there I said it.

I'd rather hear about the "Greatest NFL franchise of all time" stuff than Ray "God's linebacker" Lewis is the greatest ever stuff. The Greatest franchise thing wouldn't bother me so much because I already hear that about the packers on a regular basis. Also, I live in an area with a lot of rats fans, and they would never let me hear the end of it if their team won the super bowl. Not only that, but the legion of Baltimore band wagon jumpers that would form from a super bowl win would be far more insufferable than potential 49er band wagon jumpers. G...o ni....ne.....r.......s.....s, but only because somebody has to win.

teegre
01-31-2013, 09:48 PM
I'd rather hear about the "Greatest NFL franchise of all time" stuff than Ray "God's linebacker" Lewis is the greatest ever stuff.

Hey God. I killed a bunch of kids, but I ate right.
Sincerely,
Chris Rock

maddog78
01-31-2013, 10:12 PM
I agree it is bizarre for people to be cheering for the Ravens- especially the Steelers players who have picked for them to win or want them to win. So much for the Steelers using the Ravens success as their own motivation. They aren't going to be fired up next year just because their bestest friends the Rvens went to the Superbowl last year.

Jesus, are you ten years old?

joeyssteelcurtain
02-01-2013, 09:22 AM
What the hell is wrong with all you crazy people wanting the ratbirds to win.. I iam going to be a big niners fan on sunday. I want ray ray the murderer to go out a looser.

Steelers>NFL
02-01-2013, 09:53 AM
NEVER root for the Ratbirds!!! EVER!!!!!!!

So 9ers, welcome to the 6-pack club!

Men of Steel
02-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Hey God. I killed a bunch of kids, but I ate right.
Sincerely,
Chris Rock

"i doubt that on judgement day my diets gonna come into question"

-Chris rock isTHE shit.

oh yea. GO NINERS! :tt03:

teegre
02-01-2013, 03:09 PM
"i doubt that on judgement day my diets gonna come into question"

-Chris rock isTHE shit.

oh yea. GO NINERS! :tt03:

For almost any topic, I have found that Chris Rock has a take and/or a quote that encapsulates my opinion perfectly.

FanSince72
02-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Who I WANT to win is SF.

Who I THINK will win is Baltimore.

FrancoLambert
02-01-2013, 06:00 PM

:hatsoff:
Couldn't agree with you more.
I'm amazed, shocked, pissed off that the Raven support from Steeler fans reaches 40%.
Screw supporting the AFC North representative.
They're the Rats.
I would NEVER root for them.

sluggermatt15
02-01-2013, 06:25 PM
I think the obvious answer for Steelers fans is to root against the Ravens. I can understand that. But for me personally, I don't care who wins the game. I just want to see a competitive game between the two best teams in the playoffs, some exciting plays, and maybe even an outcome that hinges on the final play. That would be great. May the team that plays the best on Sunday win.

sax
02-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Ravens
Why? AFC North Three teams in playoffs last year
Two teams in playoffs this year
This is ONE tough division

Close game.....maybe OVER time.......

RAVENS 31
49ers 28

Like to pick the underdog team! Except DALLAS ! Love to see them lose!

later,
sax

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Go Ravens!

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2013, 09:07 AM
Proving that even a broken clock is right twice a day, Ron Cook writes a column with which I agree

It's hard to work up a good case of hate against the 49ers. Not so with the Ravens. There is Ray-Ray. There are the two or three ferocious hair-pulls every season with the Steelers. There is Ray-Ray. There is Terrell Suggs, who once claimed to "own Ben Roethlisberger's ass" on the football field. There is Ray-Ray ...

You get the idea.

What is there to hate about the 49ers? That they are coached by a Harbaugh? Well, you might have heard the Ravens also are coached by a Harbaugh. Talk about off-setting penalties....

If you still are having a hard time wrapping your arms around the 49ers winning because of that whole sixth Lombardi business, try looking at it this way. The confetti still will fall from the sky and stick to Lewis' sweaty face. But it won't be in his honor. It won't be in the Ravens' honor. And it won't feel wonderful.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/cook-keeping-score-on-lombardi-trophies-is-meaningless-673178/

Lady Steel
02-03-2013, 11:17 AM
It seems Steelers Nation is pretty evenly divided, which is understandable. My stomach churns just thinking about the possibility of cheering on the Ratbirds. GO NINERS!

There darn well better be some good Super Bowl commercials this year. They have been pretty lame in recent years.

National Anthem to be sung by Alicia Keyes and the halftime show by Beyonce and Destiny's Child, so there's that.

steelersfan299
02-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Why are Steelers fans rooting for the Ravens? I hate the Ravens, really hope San Fran pulls it off but I don't think they will.

Fire Arians
02-03-2013, 02:17 PM
Why are Steelers fans rooting for the Ravens? I hate the Ravens, really hope San Fran pulls it off but I don't think they will.

sf has a good chance if they dont turn the ball over. the san francisco defense is good and can force flacco into mistakes

ricardisimo
02-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I'd much rather the title stay in our division. Lewis will be gone next year anyway, so we won't have to deal with his chest-puffing one way or the other. With a little luck Reed won't be back either. It's a one-off that points out just how strong our division is.

caseydog
02-03-2013, 02:32 PM
I was torn, but in the end, I remembered the 49ers teams that one all those Super Bowls in the 80s, and respect them. They earned their five rings. If they tie us at six, we'll just have to go win our seventh.

Joe Montana, a Western PA boy who, when asked by the media who he favored in SB XLV, said "I've been a Steelers fan all my life."

On the other hand, like others here, I just can not support the ratbirds. I do NOT want to see Ray Lewis retire the way Jerome Bettis did -- on top. I'd love to see him miss a tackle leading to the game winning 49ers touchdown.

I'd also like to see the Curse of the Terrible Towel put a whammy on Ray Rice today. A fumble taken for a 49ers TD would be nice.

CD

FrancoLambert
02-03-2013, 02:36 PM
I'd much rather the title stay in our division. Lewis will be gone next year anyway, so we won't have to deal with his chest-puffing one way or the other. With a little luck Reed won't be back either. It's a one-off that points out just how strong our division is.

But it's the Ravens. Our arch rivals. C'mon Steeler Nation!
I'd much rather have them stay in the irrelevant category of "teams with 1 Super Bowl win."
I know how tough our division is. I don't need them to win to validate that.

The_Joker
02-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Screw it, go Niners!

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2013, 03:08 PM
It seems Steelers Nation is pretty evenly divided, which is understandable. My stomach churns just thinking about the possibility of cheering on the Ratbirds. GO NINERS!

There darn well better be some good Super Bowl commercials this year. They have been pretty lame in recent years.

National Anthem to be sung by Alicia Keyes and the halftime show by Beyonce and Destiny's Child, so there's that.

And America The Beautiful to be sung by school children from Newtown - the NFL regards breast cancer as another opportunity to market the brand so exploiting a mass murder of school children as part of the pregame pageantry makes perfect sense

Edman
02-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Put me in the camp of not giving a damn what happens today.:coffee:

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2013, 03:30 PM
MARK CUBAN, owner, Dallas Mavericks: 49ers, 28-16. Because I hate the Ravens, just like every kid from Pittsburgh does.:thumbsup:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8903324/celebrity-super-bowl-picks

PhantomJB93
02-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Anybody who is, God forbid, rooting for the Ratbirds: We can always win another Super Bowl and retake that title. We can never take one back from them.

teegre
02-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Anybody who is, God forbid, rooting for the Ratbirds: We can always win another Super Bowl and retake that title. We can never take one back from them.

^^THAT^^

SoCalFan
02-03-2013, 09:49 PM
AT least we are still on top with 6! Plus, we get to beat the SB champs next year 2x!

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 10:32 PM
AT least we are still on top with 6! Plus, we get to beat the SB champs next year 2x!

This!

steeltheone
02-03-2013, 10:40 PM
Screw the 6...They are the champs...Puke

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Screw the 6...They are the champs...Puke

Look at the bright side, last 2 AFC teams that won the Superbowl are in the AFCN

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 10:48 PM
Makes for good coverage on the division and shows how good it actually is. Congrats to Baltimore.