PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks Camp - Stevens carted off field

Hawk Believer
08-17-2006, 03:06 PM
They are breaking news out here that Jeremy Stevens (every Steeler fan's favorite TE:rolleyes: )was justed carted off the practice field with a knee injury. He'll get an MRI tommorrow.

Despite his crappy performance in the SB, he played really well for us the rest of the season. TE, along with our defensive backfield, is probably one of our weakest positions in terms of depth. We'll be hoping for good news regarding the knee out here.

Livinginthe past
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
Tough break, Hawk.

Not many people enjoy seeing another teams players injured and im not one of them - i'll be hoping for good news too.

NM

Hawk Believer
08-17-2006, 03:45 PM
The silver lining of all this could be that if he goes under a general anesthesia for a repair, they might be able to shave that nasty facial hair off while he's out.

Haiku_Dirtt
08-17-2006, 03:51 PM
AT least you are still in the NFC West. A combined 15-33 is not exactly stellar competition.

83-Steelers-43
08-17-2006, 03:52 PM
AT least you are still in the NFC West. A combined 15-33 is not exactly stellar competition.

Good point. :smile:

Hawk Believer
08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Thats exactly why I feel like we have a decent shot of getting back to the big show. You never know how the chips are gonna fall injury-wise, but we couldn't ask for a better path towards attaining home field throughout the playoffs. We tend to do pretty well in our own house.

83-Steelers-43
08-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Link on Jerramy "They Call me Hands When it Counts" Stevens injury.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2552813

Ambridge
08-17-2006, 05:59 PM
The silver lining of all this could be that if he goes under a general anesthesia for a repair, they might be able to shave that nasty facial hair off while he's out.

Maybe they can transplant the facial hair to the top of his head?? :cool:

I think the NFC West will be much more competitive this year.
The Rams and Cardinals should be much improved and the 49ers shouldn't be a complete doormat like last year.

Hawk Believer
08-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Maybe they can transplant the facial hair to the top of his head?? :cool:

I think the NFC West will be much more competitive this year.
The Rams and Cardinals should be much improved and the 49ers shouldn't be a complete doormat like last year.

Should be interesting to see what happens. The rest of the division will be awfully fired up to play us after we swept them all last year.

I am really interested to see how well Edge does in AZ. I am kinda skeptical that he can put up the same numbers when he becomes the first focus of the defense rather than the QB.

The 49ers kinda make me nervous too. Last year our games against them were way too close. We lacked the killer instinct needed to seal off the game and ended up with two narrow victories. The thing in our favor though is that we poached their best player on D when we signed Julian Peterson.

Even though the other teams have only got room to improve over last year, I still think most people would give me a hard time if I tried to argue that the NFC West should be better than any other division in the NFL. But thats on paper. Its amazing how predictions and expectations change once teams actually start playing.

boLT fan
08-17-2006, 06:48 PM
I hope the NFC West stays the doormat division it was last year. At least untill after the Chargers sweep them, then I could care less. :busted:

Hawk Believer
08-17-2006, 06:56 PM
I hope the NFC West stays the doormat division it was last year. At least untill after the Chargers sweep them, then I could care less. :busted:
I am really looking forward to the Chargers Seahawk match up. The potential bummer about that game is that it is so late in the season - 12/24. I hope (unless it means my Hawks have clinched their spot) that the game won't be meaningless to one of the teams.

The Alexander vs. LT matchup should make for a great game.

83-Steelers-43
08-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Stevens out 6 weeks after MRI reveals torn meniscus.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2552813

Hawk Believer
08-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Not great news but it could be worse I suppose.

Livinginthe past
08-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Thats not at all bad , if you consider some of those weeks will be preseason.

If he is ahead of the game then you might see him against Chicago - if Seattle want to play safe then they could let him come back after the bye week in the 5th game at the Rams.

Whenever I hear carts and players being 'carted off' I think Rodney and I think of whole seasons spent on the sidelines.

NM

LambertIsGod58
08-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Porter said Stevens was soft....