PDA

View Full Version : My Ravens rant

The_Joker
01-30-2013, 03:15 PM
I just posted this on Facebook so all of DC can see it...

I am TIRED of Ray Lewis and his act.

I am TIRED of the Ravens bandwagon.

Ray Lewis is a great player and lead, but his whole thing is just an act. He tries to hide what happened in 2000 behind his Super Bowl ring and "Jebus knows what happened so I don't have to say anything." No one knows what happened, but somehow or way he is guilty of something, and he won't fess up. At least Ben Roethlisberger has manned up for over his stupid acts. Ray Lewis can hide behind his Super Bowl ring(s) when it's all said and done, but his fake christian persona is just a scam he's put on since his name was tainted.

And the bandwagon. The Ravens are a great franchise, I can't deny that, but like all other bandwagons before them (Pats, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Tebow) it will be forgotten in a year or so. Their team pales in comparison to the Steelers, Patriots or Colts. They won't even win their division next year I bet, and 95% of defending champs/conference champs fail the following year. I spit on them in Black and Yellow.

Football rant over.

BleedPurple
01-30-2013, 03:29 PM
I just posted this on Facebook so all of DC can see it...

I am TIRED of Ray Lewis and his act.

I am TIRED of the Ravens bandwagon.

Ray Lewis is a great player and lead, but his whole thing is just an act. He tries to hide what happened in 2000 behind his Super Bowl ring and "Jebus knows what happened so I don't have to say anything." No one knows what happened, but somehow or way he is guilty of something, and he won't fess up. At least Ben Roethlisberger has manned up for over his stupid acts. Ray Lewis can hide behind his Super Bowl ring(s) when it's all said and done, but his fake christian persona is just a scam he's put on since his name was tainted.

And the bandwagon. The Ravens are a great franchise, I can't deny that, but like all other bandwagons before them (Pats, Giants, Steelers, Saints, Packers, Tebow) it will be forgotten in a year or so. Their team pales in comparison to the Steelers, Patriots or Colts. They won't even win their division next year I bet, and 95% of defending champs/conference champs fail the following year. I spit on them in Black and Yellow.

Football rant over.

Sounds like sour grapes, man. as I have said in several threads already, only someone who doesn't know Ray and does not see how he lives his life every day would call Ray's faith and leadership an act. No one can know a man's heart, but it's pretty obvious that Ray is for real.

Buddha Bus
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
Sounds like sour grapes, man. as I have said in several threads already, only someone who doesn't know Ray and does not see how he lives his life every day would call Ray's faith and leadership an act. No one can know a man's heart, but it's pretty obvious that Ray is for real.

Real or fake, it's still pretty fucking annoying. :shake02:

GMU Steeler
01-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Real or fake, it's still pretty fucking annoying. :shake02:

Yep. Seriously I can appreciate Lewis's status as an all time great linebacker but I can also be tired by his act. I always laugh when I play the latest Madden because RL's there saying he's always been told that he's too small. I laugh because he hasn't been told that since the late 90's. We all know and realize Ray is one of the best not just of his era but ever. I mean I admit it. I would like him if he wee a Steeler, the same way I bet many Ravens fans would have loved to had Hines Ward. I'm still glad honestly that the Ravens beat the Patriots but I still don't like them. And why should I? Its not like there's any love lost on the other side either.

JeromeBetties63
01-30-2013, 05:10 PM

I would think someone who truly repented would want to humble himself before the families of the dead men.

stb_steeler
01-30-2013, 05:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6FZ-WSVcW4

harrison'samonster
01-30-2013, 05:30 PM
he going to ascend into heaven. that's pretty funny. Same guy did one of Harrison on SNL too, wasn't quite as funny, but still.

stb_steeler
01-30-2013, 05:37 PM
he going to ascend into heaven. that's pretty funny. Same guy did one of Harrison on SNL too, wasn't quite as funny, but still.

i missed that one!

GMU Steeler
01-30-2013, 05:55 PM

Kenan Thompson. Us 90's kids know him from 1990's Nickeldeon and kids movies.

mikegrimey
01-30-2013, 06:48 PM
In my experience most "holy men" be they prophets, preachers, priests, priestesses, witchdoctors, shahs, shamans or what have you, are professional liars so it's not shocking or surprising to me that Ray Lewis, a professional football player but part time professional liar? Would indulge in such buffoonery

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-03-2013, 09:46 AM
Im a believer in God but I cant stand how people like Ray Lewis talks about God & acts like God cares about a football game. it makes me feel awkward when he talks like that.

CTSxViper
02-03-2013, 11:39 PM
Im a believer in God but I cant stand how people like Ray Lewis talks about God & acts like God cares about a football game. it makes me feel awkward when he talks like that.

Well you're not God thankfully. So your comment means nothing. Ravens all the way!!!!!! What happened with the curse of the towel? :rofl:

Buddha Bus
02-03-2013, 11:41 PM
What happened with the curse of the towel? :rofl:

Apparently, Ray Rice's leprechaun powers canceled it out.

SteelCurtain5643
02-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Fuck the ratbirds and ray ray. I swear to god if cbs showed him one more time. The last 3 games they were on cbs all they showed was ray Lewis 9 million fucking times. Get over it. The guy is a murderer. He should not be lauded how he is. Its pretty disgraceful really. If I were any of the family members of the two guys who were killed, I'd be sick over all this publicity and bs they've given him the whole playoffs. Go ride off into the sunset now you dirtbag. Fuck the ratbirds, we'll be back next year just wait. Rant over. See you guys next season

CTSxViper
02-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Fuck the ratbirds and ray ray. I swear to god if cbs showed him one more time. The last 3 games they were on cbs all they showed was ray Lewis 9 million fucking times. Get over it. The guy is a murderer. He should not be lauded how he is. Its pretty disgraceful really. If I were any of the family members of the two guys who were killed, I'd be sick over all this publicity and bs they've given him the whole playoffs. Go ride off into the sunset now you dirtbag. Fuck the ratbirds, we'll be back next year just wait. Rant over. See you guys next season

You are a lame ass. Get over it. Look at your QB with (3) charges of rape. Do we have to continue to go there. Your QB got off because of his $, nothing less. This is the NFL and Ray earned this tonight. Screw your sorry poor sport angry ass. See you later this year asshole. Your stupid ass comments make me love to come in here and call your ass out. Later looser....

CTSxViper
02-04-2013, 12:02 AM
Apparently, Ray Rice's leprechaun powers canceled it out.

LOL....

The_Joker
02-04-2013, 11:39 AM

Trust me, as an Atheist it feels worse for me.

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 12:01 PM
Viper, I don't know what else you're expecting on here. The vast majority of us hate the Ravens and you trying to defend and talk them up isn't going to go well. I mean, I realize this is the NFL section but I would think it would make more sense to go and celebrate with other Ravens fans. Wouldn't you guys have more in common?

MACH1
02-04-2013, 12:23 PM
You are a lame ass. Get over it. Look at your QB with (3) charges of rape. Do we have to continue to go there. Your QB got off because of his $, nothing less. This is the NFL and Ray earned this tonight. Screw your sorry poor sport angry ass. See you later this year asshole. Your stupid ass comments make me love to come in here and call your ass out. Later looser....

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/428064_322695784498001_2139850843_n.jpg

The_Joker
02-04-2013, 03:43 PM
PSH AHAHA

I'm no big fan of Mach but that was awesome! +1

dez09231
02-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Go easy on Viper. He's obviously an angstful teen. I know I wasn't that mature when I was young...

JeromeBetties63
02-05-2013, 02:21 PM

A true atheist wouldn't be bothered at all........:wave:

sw04ca
02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm as atheist as the day is long, but Ray's religiousness never really bothered me. Whatever a man wants to think to build up his internal strength and courage to go out there, more power to him. And when it can get that man to play at an incredible level and inspire his team, then that's all for the better. When a pro football player goes on about his faith, it just rolls off my back.