PDA

View Full Version : "Division games are tough... but we were tougher."

teegre
02-03-2013, 04:05 PM
They just showed a clip of the Ravens beating the Steelers, then cut to The Knife saying, "Division games are tough... but WE were tougher."

How can you hear that... and EVER root for the Ravens!?!

Go 49ers!!!

[Mods: I felt that this needed its own thread, considering that The Knife was calling out the Steelers... and, hence, might get lost in another thread.]

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 04:11 PM
I hear what you're saying. Talk is cheap, and Ray's definitely a talker. Was the game still going on when he said that or was it after the game?

I could let it go if it was still during the game. If it were afterwords and he was talking to reporters that's a little harder to put up with.

teegre
02-03-2013, 04:16 PM
It was part of the SuperBowl pre-game... THREE MONTHS later.

It was definitely a PREMEDITATED STAB at the Steelers.

Eff him!!!

[Like the puns? LOL]

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 04:22 PM
I did like the puns. You have a sharp wit.

Yeah, that's pretty low for him to say such a long time later.

teegre
02-03-2013, 04:34 PM
I did like the puns. You have a sharp wit.

Yeah, that's pretty low for him to say such a long time later.

Thanks, man.

And, indeed. I was shocked. It shows how much the Steelers are in the Ravens' heads. They can't even play a SuperBowl without mentioning their "big brothers." In fact, I am surprised that after he said it, John Harbaugh didn't dump Gatorade on him. :wink02:

Edman
02-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Let 'em talk. They earned it.

That said, I'm glad the Steelers still mean so much to them.

steeltheone
02-03-2013, 04:45 PM
Thanks, man.

And, indeed. I was shocked. It shows how much the Steelers are in the Ravens' heads. They can't even play a SuperBowl without mentioning their "big brothers." In fact, I am surprised that after he said it, John Harbaugh didn't dump Gatorade on him. :wink02:

It has to be questioned at this point if we are their big brothers anymore?

SteelersCanada
02-03-2013, 04:49 PM
No, actually, Charlie Batch was tougher than the Ravens. I can't wait until this whole sideshow is over.

teegre
02-03-2013, 04:53 PM
It has to be questioned at this point if we are their big brothers anymore?

On the biggest day in the NFL, if you mention a division win over a rival, then YES, you are still the "little brother."

PhantomJB93
02-03-2013, 05:02 PM
I turned the pre-game coverage on for 5 seconds, saw Mr. Deer Antler giving his stupid pre-game speech, and turned it off. I almost vomited, I can't watch this shit.

kent
02-03-2013, 05:22 PM
I turned the pre-game coverage on for 5 seconds, saw Mr. Deer Antler giving his stupid pre-game speech, and turned it off. I almost vomited, I can't watch this shit.

I have refused to watch anything super bowl related. I won't turn it on till I know the game is actually in progress haha

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 05:24 PM
I have refused to watch anything super bowl related. I won't turn it on till I know the game is actually in progress haha

I'm doing the exact same thing. I don't want to hear any of it, just want to watch a good game.

WVABE
02-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Go AFC...

kent
02-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Go AFC...

Booooooo! I don't really mind the Ravens winning, I just don't want to have to deal with Ray Lewis crying and talking about God for the next month if they do win.

DoctorCAD
02-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Fu** the NFL and their love-fest with stabbin-RayRay.

5 minutes in and my stomach hurts.

teegre
02-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Booooooo! I don't really mind the Ravens winning, I just don't want to have to deal with Ray Lewis crying and talking about God for the next month if they do win.

One month if we're lucky. It'd be a decade of how "God let ME win." (Notice the word "me.")

Oh, the final straw, was when The Knife said, to Shannon Sharp, in response to his opinion on those two murdered people in Atlanta: "God makes no mistakes."

What!?! God wanted them dead!?! That takes some gall to say that it was all a part of "God's plan." WTF!?!

fer522
02-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Fu** the NFL and their love-fest with stabbin-RayRay.

5 minutes in and my stomach hurts.

Dude check your stomach for blood he could have stubbed you through the tv

Blacksburg Zach
02-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm doing the exact same thing. I don't want to hear any of it, just want to watch a good game.

Better look elsewhere if you want to watch a good game.:banging:

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Better look elsewhere if you want to watch a good game.:banging:

fraid so

tanda10506
02-04-2013, 11:21 AM
They earned the SB win so I would expect some trash talking. Let's be serious though, in their last division game against us they lost to CHARLIE BATCH! Brag about winning the SB, not about losing to a 38 year old bench warmer.

Fire Arians
02-04-2013, 11:59 AM
hey they weren't tough enough for charlie batch though