PDA

View Full Version : Power Outage...Really?

AndyWitmyer
02-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Deja vu. So, again...we have a suspicious blackout during, this time...THE most important game of the year...and the 2nd in as many years that this has happened...both times involved the 49ers! hatever you think of Baltimore, as a Steelers fan...this has to seem a little too familiar. I mean seriously, at this point, I gotta ask: if not Goodell, the SF organization ought to be investigated. Regardless, the odds of the SB going into OT and/or being decided by a margin of 3 pts or less appear to far better than you'd assume, given that the Raven's lead was essentially insurmountable, prior to the outage.

I fully predict that the 49s will win by 2 points in the biggest SB upset in sometime, I dunno - maybe ever?

Check the stats from both teams pre-outage...and then post-outage. The degree to which the momentum changed is striking...and I would say, nearly astronomically unlikely. This should be seriously investigated.

AndyWitmyer
02-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Goodell probably said, "Well, look at how bady the Steelers stalled out after a lengthy blackout. Hmm.Baltimore isn't supposed to have a blowout. Hmm. Have someone cut the power. Oh, and fine Harrison $50,000 for that flag involving Baltimore running into that kicker."

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Deja vu. So, again...we have a suspicious blackout during, this time...THE most important game of the year...and the 2nd in as many years that this has happened...both times involved the 49ers! hatever you think of Baltimore, as a Steelers fan...this has to seem a little too familiar. I mean seriously, at this point, I gotta ask: if not Goodell, the SF organization ought to be investigated. Regardless, the odds of the SB going into OT and/or being decided by a margin of 3 pts or less appear to far better than you'd assume, given that the Raven's lead was essentially insurmountable, prior to the outage.

I fully predict that the 49s will win by 2 points in the biggest SB upset in sometime, I dunno - maybe ever?

Check the stats from both teams pre-outage...and then post-outage. The degree to which the momentum changed is striking...and I would say, nearly astronomically unlikely. This should be seriously investigated.

I agree with a lot of that. Seems way too coincidental to be just a trip up. If the power never shifted Baltimore would of won in a beatdown.

JeromeBetties63
02-03-2013, 10:24 PM
I agree with a lot of that. Seems way too coincidental to be just a trip up. If the power never shifted Baltimore would of won in a beatdown.

I don't think you are a Steeler fan....weird.

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 10:26 PM
I don't think you are a Steeler fan....weird.

Haha :noidea:

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 10:27 PM
one good thing that happened with the power outage. When the lights came on all the 49ers weren't laying on the ground stabbed to death. Could have been pretty bad for you know who.

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 10:29 PM
one good thing that happened with the power outage. When the lights came on all the 49ers weren't laying on the ground stabbed to death. Could have been pretty bad for you know who.

That is real rich:rofl:

AndyWitmyer
02-03-2013, 10:46 PM
Glad I didn't atually bet anyone on the 49s winning, since I'm broke.

But I at least correctly predicted the margin of victory...which was indeed within 3. I'd say I was surprised, but given this season...and the number of games won or lost in OT or by 3 or less points (and especially by the Ravens!!!)...I guess this should have been expected. Regardless of how much Baltimore was leading before the questionable 35 minute outage.

teegre
02-03-2013, 11:20 PM

I said the exact same things to my wife during the power outage.

Too coincidental for my taste... although, the comeback made me happy.

ricardisimo
02-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Agreed...

http://bigrab.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/tin-foil-hat.jpg

Lady Steel
02-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Mercedes-Benz really should pay their light bill.

VaDave
02-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Well, San Fram may have pulled the plug, but somebody please explain two non calls by the officials, The first being the no call hold on Miller on Jone's KO return for a TD,

The second non call on San Frans last offensive play where Crabtree was victum of holding at the LOS,, illegally contacted in the end zone , interfered with when the ball was in the air, and finally ,almost tackled. The Ref missed three calls in one play right in front of him.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Well, San Fram may have pulled the plug, but somebody please explain two non calls by the officials, The first being the no call hold on Miller on Jone's KO return for a TD,

The second non call on San Frans last offensive play where Crabtree was victum of holding at the LOS,, illegally contacted in the end zone , interfered with when the ball was in the air, and finally ,almost tackled. The Ref missed three calls in one play right in front of him.

that second one is to me a serious problem. I don't want to try and take anything away from what the Ravens did, and I don't mind in big games letting the players play.

However, when the final relevant play is so strongly affected by penalties (on both sides even), it has to be questioned whether the refs are taking the game OUT of the players hands by not throwing a flag. Would the two penalties have offset producing another 4th and goal?

VaDave
02-04-2013, 10:05 AM
that second one is to me a serious problem. I don't want to try and take anything away from what the Ravens did, and I don't mind in big games letting the players play.

However, when the final relevant play is so strongly affected by penalties (on both sides even), it has to be questioned whether the refs are taking the game OUT of the players hands by not throwing a flag. Would the two penalties have offset producing another 4th and goal?

Any of the three penalties that could have been called would have resulted in a 1st and goal to go situation. Holding and Ilegal Contact would have been half the distance to the goal line, ist and ten. PI would have resulted in 1st and goal at the one.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Any of the three penalties that could have been called would have resulted in a 1st and goal to go situation. Holding and Ilegal Contact would have been half the distance to the goal line, ist and ten. PI would have resulted in 1st and goal at the one.

one argument you're going to get then is if the refs call PI or give 9ers another 1st and goal then they're giving the 9ers the game.

Some say that Crabtree pushed off committing his own penalty. At the time I thought he only pushed off because he was being grabbed by the defender.

I just think in this situation, by sticking their heads in the sand, the refs took the game out of the hands of the players by not giving them a cleanly called ending. I don't want to take anything away from the Ravens, they won the game, and deserved it in my opinion.

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 10:38 AM
if it were my choice, let the players play - I think a lot of us Steelers fans could appreciate that line of thinking - I would not like to see a controversial call decide a SB.

I'm shocked more people aren't talking about the playcalling - 4 downs that close and they couldn't find a way in. Ravens def deserved the trophy after a huge stand. 49ers won the entire second half and the Ravens still managed to make the 1 critical stop they had to.

stiller39
02-04-2013, 10:59 AM
NFL reports that the power outage was due to an abnormality detected in grid... We have just learned that the abnormality was antler growth by a player on the Ravens.....jus saying

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I think in the years following we will find out that Jim Harbaugh sent one of his assistant coaches with some garden shears to cut the hard line of wiring into the stadium.

Blackout-gate will be his legacy, just like Spygate with Belichek.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Mercedes-Benz really should pay their light bill.

It's hard to sell cars for 30,000 each. Give them a few more days, they'll have the money.

dpc13
02-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Organized crime needed to close the score , they would`ve suffered their own " outage "

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Organized crime needed to close the score , they would`ve suffered their own " outage "

I knew it was you Fredo. I knew it was you. You broke my heart.

VaDave
02-04-2013, 05:34 PM
It's hard to sell cars for 30,000 each. Give them a few more days, they'll have the money.

Not to mention the massive additional ad revenue that will be split by the league and tv network......

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-04-2013, 06:39 PM
Goodell will fine James Harrison $50k for the lost revenue during the power outage.

vasteeler
02-04-2013, 06:46 PM

damn....you beat me to it