PDA

View Full Version : 49ers now have a Super Bowl blemish.

Steelers5895
02-03-2013, 10:51 PM
At least the Ravens were good for something.

Great game

steelersfan299
02-03-2013, 10:53 PM
Next year the steelers are taking back the division as long as Ben's healthy

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 10:54 PM
Next year the steelers are taking back the division as long as Ben's healthy

I like the sound of that.

Raw Steel
02-03-2013, 10:55 PM
And the Ravens win is tainted because of the no-call. It actually worked out.

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 10:56 PM
yeah, I'm all for letting the players play, but when the defender's holding on to the reciever in the endzone when the ball is in the air on the deciding play of the game, it's time to throw the flag

Steelers5895
02-03-2013, 11:04 PM
There was a push off too. Can't pick and choose when you want the refs to let them play and make calls. It was a good no call. It wasn't a killer call and if he had a free release the ball was 5 yards out of bounds.

TRH
02-03-2013, 11:05 PM
yeah, I'm all for letting the players play, but when the defender's holding on to the reciever in the endzone when the ball is in the air on the deciding play of the game, it's time to throw the flag

the receiver was ALSO holding on - and not only holding on, he actually pushed the Raven to the ground with this helmet-to-hand.
Simms was correct - it was absolutely a good "no-call".

JeromeBetties63
02-03-2013, 11:08 PM
the receiver was ALSO holding on - and not only holding on, he actually pushed the Raven to the ground with this helmet-to-hand.
Simms was correct - it was absolutely a good "no-call".

No, its common that its not called in a situation like that...but it was clearly a penalty...and with Ed Reed getting away with offsides on the 2pt conversion and Ravens getting the running into instead of personal foul on the field goal, it should shut them up once and for all about "nfl and refs are against us."

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 11:14 PM
well here's a stupid question then. Would the penalties offset and then they'd replay the down? Seems to me a better way to go than have it end with a play that both teams commited a penalty on.

The Curtain's Crusader
02-03-2013, 11:29 PM
There was a push off too. Can't pick and choose when you want the refs to let them play and make calls. It was a good no call. It wasn't a killer call and if he had a free release the ball was 5 yards out of bounds.

Watch the replay. The ball landed literally 2 feet out of bounds. Certainly not 5 yards.

You can't wrap both arms around a guy while the ball is in the air there and get away with it. Receiver had his hand on Smith's helmet, but didn't look like much of a push off to me. I couldn't go back to it, but it was Simms or Nantz who pointed out both arms around the receiver and it taking place 7 yards from the LOS.

I WILL say that was a terrible series of play calls, though.

Just my opinion, of course.

VictoryFormation
02-04-2013, 12:05 AM
So what? The Baltimore Ravens won themselves a hunk of metal, called the Lombardi Trophy. They also earned themselves the last pick in the NFL draft, and what should be the toughest schedule in the NFL next season. Good luck with that.
It's all good for the Steelers.

Vis
02-04-2013, 01:51 PM
So what? The Baltimore Ravens won themselves a hunk of metal, called the Lombardi Trophy. They also earned themselves the last pick in the NFL draft, and what should be the toughest schedule in the NFL next season. Good luck with that.

Right, it's much better to suck but have that high pick.

BleedPurple
02-04-2013, 07:37 PM
No, its common that its not called in a situation like that...but it was clearly a penalty...and with Ed Reed getting away with offsides on the 2pt conversion and Ravens getting the running into instead of personal foul on the field goal, it should shut them up once and for all about "nfl and refs are against us."

I didn't see Ed offsides, it looked like a great jump, that is arguable.

The running into the kicker is ridiculous, you should just leave that out because it weakens your whole argument. The kicker was not touched, he FELL onto the defender. It was good acting, not a PF.

JeromeBetties63
02-05-2013, 12:56 PM
I didn't see Ed offsides, it looked like a great jump, that is arguable.

The running into the kicker is ridiculous, you should just leave that out because it weakens your whole argument. The kicker was not touched, he FELL onto the defender. It was good acting, not a PF.

In other words you and the rest of your paranoid fan base are going to continue to believe in area 51, the grassy knoll shooter and an NFL conspiracy against the Ravens....thanks for clearing that up. :propeller

wwhickok
02-05-2013, 12:57 PM
The Ravens also have a SB blemish. Its called "Tainted".

BleedPurple
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
In other words you and the rest of your paranoid fan base are going to continue to believe in area 51, the grassy knoll shooter and an NFL conspiracy against the Ravens....thanks for clearing that up. :propeller

What the hell are you talking about? I said it was a bad call. It was . . . and Akers did a great job selling it. It is called a flop, and commentators laugh about it on highlight reels all the time.

Who said anything about an NFL conspiracy? If there is one it isn't very good, considering I just got back from the parade celebrating the arrival of the Lombardi. . .

When reading a post, try to slow down and sound out each word, if you jump to the end you will post stupid crap like this that makes no sense.

BleedPurple
02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
The Ravens also have a SB blemish. Its called "Tainted".

ww I think I have seen enough posts from you to completely stop taking anything you say seriously. To your tainted remark, first I said "huh?" and then I saw it was you. . . so . . .

:noidea:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

aa14
02-05-2013, 08:35 PM

Rationalizing a superbowl win by trivializing the Lombardi trophy and a late draft pick is one of the weakest ways to cope I've ever heard. :tt: LOL!!! :tt: