PDA

View Full Version : If this isn't motivation, what is?

caseydog
02-03-2013, 10:15 PM
The ratbirds just won a super bowl. We are going to have to listen to their smack talk for months. If the Steelers go into the next season without a mission, we need to let everyone go, and get a new team to represent Steeler Nation. I can't think of a better motivation than this.

It's on!

The ratbirds are going to self-proclaim themselves the new OWNER of the AFC North. They are going to disrespect the Steelers any chance they get. They have the microphone... unless the Steelers take it back.

It is my hope that the Steelers players "quoth the raven... nevermore." They have the talent, and IMO, they now have the reason, more than ever. And hopefully, the more the ratbirds talk, the more our players are energized.

Sometimes you need an ass-kicking to set you right. Then you deal it back. An 8-8 season with the ratbirds winning the SB. That would certainly be a major motivating factor for me as a Steelers player.

The best way to deal it back is to win number seven, making the ratbirds, once again, a sideshow. Irrelevant.

CD

maddog78
02-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Amen. So tired of hearing fat, non-producing millionaires like Woodley smack talk the Ravens.

Guess what, Lamaar - they're ahead of us now. What are you going to do about it?

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 10:18 PM
The season ending this way had better light a fire under them. This is the ultimate motivation to take back control of the North next year.

VegasStlrFan
02-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Hopefully the fires directly under Ben's ASS, Flaccos got himself an MVP (and looked pretty dam good all post season).

sloppyjoe
02-03-2013, 10:21 PM
you're assuming this team gives a shit................i dont really think they do and their play and attitude support my thinking

Terminator
02-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Guess we can't argue that Flacco isn't elite anymore, either.

He whooped Manning's ass, Brady's ass, and decimated the entire SuperBowl.

Fuck.

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 10:28 PM
you're assuming this team gives a shit................i dont really think they do and their play and attitude support my thinking

I agree. Woodley especially seems happy where he sits with his fat contract.

steelcity1974
02-03-2013, 10:29 PM
Tainted victory. That would have been a flag if the ravens were on offense. 49ers got screwed.

Steelers5895
02-03-2013, 10:29 PM
i dont feed into drama. the ravens super bowl win has nothing to do with what the steelers will try and do next year.

the good news is its been a while since there were back to back champions so the door is open.

JeromeBetties63
02-03-2013, 10:30 PM

I guess we will find out.

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Tainted victory. That would have been a flag if the ravens were on offense. 49ers got screwed.

Oh whatever- both offense and defense were pushing and shoving. I think it is a good no call.:tt02:

PhantomJB93
02-03-2013, 10:41 PM
Winning number 7 is the only thing that will get the bad taste of seeing how this season ended out of my mouth.

Literally everything, EVERYTHING, that could have possibly went wrong, went wrong this season. EVERYTHING I rooted for, the opposite happened.

sloppyjoe
02-03-2013, 10:42 PM
I guess we will find out.

we already did.
the denver debacle last year was suppose to show what we were made of

casteeler
02-03-2013, 10:43 PM
The Steelers need to look at this as they are just a smidge better than the Browns in the division behind The Super Bowl champion Ravens:dang: and the Bungholes. Thank goodness this season is over,Lets Go Pens!!

wootawnee
02-03-2013, 10:50 PM
We need some BIG PHYSICAL receivers like the Ranvens have...... Then all Ben would have to do is chuck it up like Flucko does every game......

Stallion
02-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Ravens the Champs. Bruce Arians is Coach of the Year and Joe freaking Flacco is Superbowl MVP.
Let's go Steelers, we have work to do.

kan_t
02-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Winning number 7 is the only thing that will get the bad taste of seeing how this season ended out of my mouth.

Literally everything, EVERYTHING, that could have possibly went wrong, went wrong this season. EVERYTHING I rooted for, the opposite happened.
Agreed.

BlaZeQuietly
02-03-2013, 11:09 PM
*vomits* i hate the 49ers to so it was a lose lose for me, looking forward to taking back the north next year with a healthy big ben and a yet to be named running back!

BlaZeQuietly
02-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Id take ben over flacco any day, yeah flacco seems to be good in the post season, I'll give him that, he is superbowl MVP, personally my vote went to Boldin.. but whatever, Next season we will find out what the steelers are made of, this season was either a fluke or the beginning of a long dry spell for the steelers, another bad season and I can see a few people on the hot seat. Cowers team was great while it was still held together, but I don't know about these guys, we will see, I'm hoping for the best.

teegre
02-03-2013, 11:17 PM
The CREAM is better.

LVSteelersfan
02-03-2013, 11:32 PM
The Ratbirds are obviously better than the Steelers the past couple of years. Proof is in the pudding. And that makes me want to puke. If they don't shore up the damn Oline once and for all, it is going to be a bad year again. We have the pieces in place if they can stay healthy. As long as Adams gets better.

GMU Steeler
02-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Yeah this needs to be motivation. Would love to win the division next year and then beat them in the playoffs. They've been better than us the past couple seasons but let's not let them think that this is a changing of the guard because you know damn well that's going to be in their minds.

Steel_Bus_24
02-04-2013, 12:01 AM

Tell me about it.....dating back to 2010 all of my favorite sports teams/athletes have had some of their worst losses or sustained devastating injuries

Football,Boxing,Basketball,Tennis,NHL, and Nascar all have been a colossal cluster F*** for me to watch and today just tops it off

Its to the point of ridiculousness

GoFor7
02-04-2013, 12:11 AM
I assume it's all Ben's fault, right?

Yo, if his receivers keep dropping balls, and the Steelers obsess about possession, the QB can't bail you out every time in the end. When are the receivers on this team going to start making the tough catches? Guess they still have to prove they can make the easy ones first. When will the defense go back to being a big-play defense and not a stat defense? When will special teams not suck? When will that dominate Stiller running game show itself? When will the Steelers realize it's about points and not possession?

I'd worry about all that long before I worry about Ben.

StainlessStill
02-04-2013, 12:36 AM
2013 starts now. Time to get better. Not remotely worried about Baltimore right now. They'll have their own issues. They put on one heck of a post-season run. I'm focusing on our current team and intrigued to see if we can mount a comeback in September.

Edman
02-04-2013, 12:42 AM

Yo, if his receivers keep dropping balls, and the Steelers obsess about possession, the QB can't bail you out every time in the end. When are the receivers on this team going to start making the tough catches? Guess they still have to prove they can make the easy ones first. When will the defense go back to being a big-play defense and not a stat defense? When will special teams not suck? When will that dominate Stiller running game show itself? When will the Steelers realize it's about points and not possession?

Now stop it, this is not all Ben's fault. Geez. Just because I want to hold him a little more responsible, doesn't mean I'm putting this all on him. The TEAM has a lot of work to do, but time will tell to see how bad Ben wants it.

JVip
02-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Ravens the Champs. Bruce Arians is Coach of the Year and Joe freaking Flacco is Superbowl MVP.
Let's go Steelers, we have work to do.

When you put it thst way..,:doh:

Edman
02-04-2013, 12:48 AM
8-8 Season.

Miss the Playoffs.

Watching your division rival win the division two years in a row.

Division Rival wins a Super Bowl.

Division Rival's QB wins Super Bowl MVP. Your QB hasn't won one yet.

Ravens have proven that they are by and far the new masters of the AFC North. No Questions asked. They have the microphone, and no question they will fling some smack talk over into Pittsburgh's direction in the upcoming future. May even invite the Steelers to their SB Party on Thursday Night Kickoff. This team has a lot of work to do.

StainlessStill
02-04-2013, 12:55 AM
8-8 Season.

Miss the Playoffs.

Watching your division rival win the division two years in a row.

Division Rival wins a Super Bowl.

Division Rival's QB wins Super Bowl MVP. Your QB hasn't won one yet.

Ravens have proven that they are by and far the new masters of the AFC North. No Questions asked. They have the microphone, and no question they will fling some smack talk over into Pittsburgh's direction in the upcoming future. May even invite the Steelers to their SB Party on Thursday Night Kickoff. This team has a lot of work to do.

For what it's worth, the Steelers have been a goddamn DOMINATE force for a LONG TIME. It can flip in a BLINK OF AN EYE. At one point, we went to 3 Super Bowls in 5 years, winning 2. What did a team like the Ravens do? Not sit, cry and moan how they can't beat us. They went out and got it fucking done. I expect us to do the same. We can come back as early as next season and do the damage.

And Roethlisberger was MORE THAN MVP worthy in Super Bowl XLIII.

caseydog
02-04-2013, 01:05 AM

What went wrong is history.

I believe the Steelers have the talent to win number seven. I hope the ratbirds can't keep their mouths closed, and that the Steelers feed off it.

The Steelers need to get that passion back. I just didn't see it this season. I've been a Steelers fan since 1971, when I was ten years old. I can sense when the passion is there, and when it is not. I didn't sense it this year.

With any luck, the ratbirds will bring it back. I want to see my Steelers get mad. I want to see my Steelers play with a chip on their shoulders. Not a few of them, the whole team. Practice harder, prepare better. They have the talent. Just get it done.

CD

ZoneBlitzer
02-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Steelers need a receiver like Boldin. They're too small at that position. That should motivate them to get with today's NFL.

Gnutella
02-04-2013, 04:22 AM
At this point I'd rather put up with Ravens fans talking trash all off-season than the apocalyptic crybaby bullshit that comes from our own fan base after a loss. Besides, if it makes yinzers get off the computer, find more hobbies (sex, drugs and alcohol don't count) and become more well-rounded people, then it can only make the world, and Pittsburgh, a better place.

By the way, never confuse a yinzer for a normal Pittsburgher or a normal Steeler fan. They're just the most devolved quartile of either group.

kan_t
02-04-2013, 04:28 AM
Steelers need a receiver like Boldin. They're too small at that position. That should motivate them to get with today's NFL.
Ben has asked one for years. Hopefully this time the Steelers listen.

Terminator
02-04-2013, 06:00 AM

Agreed 1000%.

Boldin and Smith, both, are very large guys who are also physical.

Antonio Brown, Emanuel Sanders, and Mike Wallace are freaking shrimps. Brown alone looks like he is 12.

WVABE
02-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Agreed 1000%.

Boldin and Smith, both, are very large guys who are also physical.

Antonio Brown, Emanuel Sanders, and Mike Wallace are freaking shrimps. Brown alone looks like he is 12.This is why it has always puzzled me about why Cotchery doesn't get more playing time. He has the best hands and actually goes for the ball. Nothing bothers me more than watching a receiver make no attempt for a catch because he hears foot steps or the ball wasn't placed perfectly in his hands.

fansince'76
02-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Speaking of motiviation, it's been a while since I saw the kind of effort out of Steelers receivers that I saw out of Boldin, Smith and Jones yesterday.

SteelCitian
02-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Amen. So tired of hearing fat, non-producing millionaires like Woodley smack talk the Ravens.

Guess what, Lamaar - they're ahead of us now. What are you going to do about it?
Tweet that to him.

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 08:10 AM
This is why it has always puzzled me about why Cotchery doesn't get more playing time. He has the best hands and actually goes for the ball. Nothing bothers me more than watching a receiver make no attempt for a catch because he hears foot steps or the ball wasn't placed perfectly in his hands.

I 100% agree with this thought. Cotchery has proven in limited time that he would be willing to fight for the ball a helluva lot more than the smurfs.

And GoFor7, it isn't all Ben's fault - but you need the entire roster to buy into a philosophy to make a real run at the Lombardi. Ben can do and say what he wants - but if he isn't willing to up his game and become a true student, him and the offense will produce more of the same. Its on his receivers as well. Haley played to our strengths to the tune of 5-3 and looking like world beaters. He was managing Ben so Ben didn't get himself killed. Equally, I'd bet he saw that he had receivers who needed the ball in their hands quickly so they could take off and that you're correct - they won't scratch and claw and jump over guys and sacrifice themselves to catch it.

ZoneBlitzer
02-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Speaking of motiviation, it's been a while since I saw the kind of effort out of Steelers receivers that I saw out of Boldin, Smith and Jones yesterday.

They were Hines Ward-like. They played with heart and tenacity and didn't stand up and pose for every five yard catch they make.

Danny136200
02-05-2013, 05:38 PM
The Ratbirds are obviously better than the Steelers the past couple of years. Proof is in the pudding. And that makes me want to puke. If they don't shore up the damn Oline once and for all, it is going to be a bad year again. We have the pieces in place if they can stay healthy. As long as Adams gets better.

Can not say they have not tried to shore the oline. first two picks lat year was a tackle and a guard, two years ago another tackle, and three years ago pouncey.