PDA

View Full Version : Officials gave that to the Ravens

madtowndrunkard
02-03-2013, 11:40 PM
That was an embarrassment IMO to the NFL to have a great game like that basically decided by the fact that officials refused to flag the Ravens.

I could care less who won that game... but IMO it takes the enjoyment out of watching. I do find it a little odd that every call or non call was in the Ravens favor. And these were BIG moments of the game to...

kick returned for a TD.... watch the replay... two ravens grab hold of a 49er and mug him...right in the middle of the field and totally prevent him from making a play that would have likely prevented that return. TD should have been negated. Yea I know holding can get called on every play...but when the play happens because of a hold... it needs to be called.

The Raven's got several generous spots...they did challenge one but it wasn't the only one.

Most importantly the last offensive play by the niner's.... could have called that illegal contact, holding, pass interference... take your pick ...either way it was blatant and right in front of an official. Should have been 1st and goal with about 1:30 left on the clock.... game over niners win.

The safety....watch the relay..... maybe the most laughable non hold I've ever seen.... The only reason their kicker was able to burn so much time...the Raven's practically tackled a niner .... should have been holding....10 seconds back on the clock I think?

sloppyjoe
02-03-2013, 11:45 PM
the absolute worst non call was the ref getting 2 hand shoved by #29 of the ravens after a scrum and wasnt ejected. hell, he wasnt even flagged.

MACH1
02-03-2013, 11:45 PM
Are you sure your not from seattle?

steelerchad
02-03-2013, 11:52 PM
That was an embarrassment IMO to the NFL to have a great game like that basically decided by the fact that officials refused to flag the Ravens.

I could care less who won that game... but IMO it takes the enjoyment out of watching. I do find it a little odd that every call or non call was in the Ravens favor. And these were BIG moments of the game to...

kick returned for a TD.... watch the replay... two ravens grab hold of a 49er and mug him...right in the middle of the field and totally prevent him from making a play that would have likely prevented that return. TD should have been negated. Yea I know holding can get called on every play...but when the play happens because of a hold... it needs to be called.

The Raven's got several generous spots...they did challenge one but it wasn't the only one.

Most importantly the last offensive play by the niner's.... could have called that illegal contact, holding, pass interference... take your pick ...either way it was blatant and right in front of an official. Should have been 1st and goal with about 1:30 left on the clock.... game over niners win.

The safety....watch the relay..... maybe the most laughable non hold I've ever seen.... The only reason their kicker was able to burn so much time...the Raven's practically tackled a niner .... should have been holding....10 seconds back on the clock I think?

they don't put time back on the clock. In fact, that hold as well as others going on at the same time were planned holds. Harbaugh called a TO before the play. Purposely holding on the play was a great call. It enabled them to take 8 seconds off the clock before the safety and basically take away any hail mary chance. If the holding is called, it doesn't help the 49ers, it's just a safety anyway with no time added back. Good situation coaching there.

Now. As for the refs not bothering to call any holds on that play.......laughable. As the Ravens were trying to hold.

White_Steel_Wolfe
02-03-2013, 11:53 PM
Wah wah wah seriously stfu. It was a great non call because both players were making illegal moves. You must not remember XL a bad call or two and it must be a stolen game. Oh wait, double standards?

GO STEELERS!

BleedPurple
02-03-2013, 11:54 PM

lol no one cares about your sour grapes man, there was a missed PI call on Torrey and the momentum was completely destroyed in the second half when the power went out. BOTH teams got bad breaks, and if you think there is a conspiracy or we're lucky. . . well, tough shit, the Lombardi went to Baltimore this year.

Come back next year and root for your team, your tears aren't going to do anything.

EDIT: Watching the highlights, that ticky tack running into the kicker play. . . the missed roughing the passer call on joe when he is throwing the ball awya and is hit after going out of bounds. . . yea bad calls on both sides, take off the blinders and stop drinking the haterade.

harrison'samonster
02-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Ravens won and they deserved it. But on the 4th and goal call, if both teams commit a penalty don't they offset? Aren't the refs taking the game out of the players hands when they allow a play like that to basically end the game?

fansince'76
02-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Wah wah wah seriously stfu. It was a great non call because both players were making illegal moves. You must not remember XL a bad call or two and it must be a stolen game. Oh wait, double standards?

GO STEELERS!

There was plenty of pissing, whining and moaning by a bunch of Cardinals bandwagon shitheads after SB XLIII too.

Only pussies blame the refs.

Nevermore
02-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Blah blah blah..... What about the "running into the kicker" where there was no contact or the the late hit out of bounds on Flacco on 3rd and goal. The flags go both ways.

lloydwoodson
02-04-2013, 12:18 AM
Madtown is right about the holding on the kick return. I went back and watched it again- blatant holding by 2 players just like he said.

Also Carey Williams 29 did shove a ref during a scrum and it was not called- he should have been ejected +15 yards.

While I think Smith grabbing onto Crabtree and not looking for the ball should have been called it was hilarious for me to see Harbaugh on the sidelines crying to the officials, throwing his headset and making the holding call over and over. All in all I am glad it wasn't called simply for the comedic value.

I thought the game was poorly played by both sides and in the end the least bad team won.

GMU Steeler
02-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Meh. Niners got themselves in to a 22 point hole. They came awfully close but you can't put your team in that situation again and again and expect to win. Their D was surprisingly pedestrian today but the Ravens offense was also really good too. Refs could have been better but ultimately you gotta execute and the Ravens did more of that tonight than the Niners.

NSMaster56
02-04-2013, 12:21 AM
My fadja, a 49ers fan, summarized it best:

'Penalties or no penalties, mistakes and all other bullshit aside, the 49ers had a chance to win it at the end... and didn't do it.'

CTSxViper
02-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Bull. It was holding on both. Ravens played excellent first half. Even the announcers concurred on that. Ravens executed fantastically. When you are down 22 points at half time in a superbowl, you are in huge hole and the odds are stacked against you. The Ravens did it and Flacco is now an Elite Quarterback! See you later this year Steelers!!! LOL

CTSxViper
02-04-2013, 12:26 AM
My fadja, a 49ers fan, summarized it best:

'Penalties or no penalties, mistakes and all other bullshit aside, the 49ers had a chance to win it at the end... and didn't do it.'

Agreed, they had momentum after the power outage, but the clock was not on their aide. And the safety the Ravens did in the closing seconds was incredible stopping Kapernick from getting the ball back.

GMU Steeler
02-04-2013, 12:30 AM
Agreed, they had momentum after the power outage, but the clock was not on their aide. And the safety the Ravens did in the closing seconds was incredible stopping Kapernick from getting the ball back.

Have to admit that was a pretty creative play. I of course would have loved it if the ball got snatched out of Koch's arm but it was a smart play. What did you think of the fake FG? Seemed silly to me but I'm pretty conservative I admit when it comes to taking chances with a comfy lead.

CTSxViper
02-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Have to admit that was a pretty creative play. I of course would have loved it if the ball got snatched out of Koch's arm but it was a smart play. What did you think of the fake FG? Seemed silly to me but I'm pretty conservative I admit when it comes to taking chances with a comfy lead.

I thought they should have kicked it, we lost 3 points, but it was gutsy and didn't pan out, but it gave them terrible field position and they went three and out. So no points back to them.

CTSxViper
02-04-2013, 12:34 AM
But it was superbowl and our great plays in the first help carried us through thankfully, and again the play calling in the end sealed it for us. We are very thankful.

lloydwoodson
02-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Bull. It was holding on both. Ravens played excellent first half. Even the announcers concurred on that. Ravens executed fantastically. When you are down 22 points at half time in a superbowl, you are in huge hole and the odds are stacked against you. The Ravens did it and Flacco is now an Elite Quarterback! See you later this year Steelers!!! LOL

It was a 15 point game at half-time. The 22 point lead came on the kickoff return which should have been called back due to the most blatant hold of all time.

Ravens have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs and never will.

BleedPurple
02-04-2013, 01:03 AM
It was a 15 point game at half-time. The 22 point lead came on the kickoff return which should have been called back due to the most blatant hold of all time.

^ especially if you aren't there. lol no one cares. Honestly I'm not trying to troll here but seriously, sour grapes.

Just say good game we will destroy you next year, that I can respect.

lloydwoodson
02-04-2013, 01:24 AM
^ especially if you aren't there. lol no one cares. Honestly I'm not trying to troll here but seriously, sour grapes.

Just say good game we will destroy you next year, that I can respect.

Why do I need to congratulate Ravens fans? How many touchdowns did you throw for today? Why do you think you are so important that I should try to earn your respect? Are you a big deal amongst your fellow armchair quarterbacks?

Kaepernick playing like garbage in the first half cost the 49ers the game- that does not change the fact that the Ravens benefitted from some blatant non-calls.

I only care if the Steelers win. I could not care less about any other NFL team whatsoever. I would probably despise the Ravens... if I gave them any thought at all.

I am a Steelers fan who only watched part of the game and I still have a better grasp on what happened than the Ravens fan who thought there was a 22 point lead at halftime. Then another Ravens fan has to stick up for the dumbass... probably wasn't aware of the score at halftime either. Hey... it could happen to anyone? Right? Who pays attention to the score anyhow?

CTSxViper
02-04-2013, 01:25 AM

Again BS... It was a mutual hold. And even the replay, the announcers said that. You will always find something to bitch about.. wah wah wah.. Ravens have no fear of your team. We're SB Champs and you will face us next season... We can't wait!!!

Blacksburg Zach
02-04-2013, 01:26 AM
I hate the Ravens as much as anybody, but what I may hate even more is when people blame the refs when a game doesn't have the desired end result. The refs sure did a good job making LaMichael James fumble, making Kaepernick throw an interception, and allowing a touchdown bomb and kickoff return from Jacoby Jones. Maybe things would have been different had the 49ers decided to play for four quarters instead of two. Maybe the 49ers should have scored on their four opportunities from five yards out. Even if illegal contact was called, the 49ers still have to score. Who's to say the ravens don't stop the 49ers for another four downs? If the 49ers didn't want the refs to potentially influence the game, then they should have made more plays beforehand. Bad calls are made against both teams in every single game, but the 49ers were unable to make the plays needed to win the game while the Ravens did. To say that the refs gave a team a game reeks of bitterness and sour grapes. The 49ers had plenty of chances to win, but they didn't take advantage. The Ravens took advantage of their chances, and they deserved the win, as much as I hate to admit it.

lloydwoodson
02-04-2013, 01:53 AM
Again BS... It was a mutual hold. And even the replay, the announcers said that. You will always find something to bitch about.. wah wah wah.. Ravens have no fear of your team. We're SB Champs and you will face us next season... We can't wait!!!

Reading comprehension is not your forte. First of all, you don't follow the games closely enough to know the score. That was my main point: it was a 15 point lead at half-time not a 22 point lead. How many games do you watch a year? More than two?

My second point was that there was a blatant hold on the 109 yard touchdown return. Go watch the video replay. Anyone with a pair of balls would admit it should have been called back.

I am completely impartial. An impartial viewer is telling you that there were some really bad calls in the game. At no point did I imply that bad calls cost the 49ers the game... so why are you so defensive? Do you think the refs handed the Ravens the game? All I did was point out one bad call so I am really confused why you would have such a strong reaction.

dez09231
02-04-2013, 12:00 PM
The Ravens earned it. One call doesn't decide it. They only reason that was replayed 12 times over was because it was the Super Bowl.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 02:14 PM
That was border line holding, had it bebn called we could very well have the 49ers as our Sb champs.

Vis
02-04-2013, 02:16 PM
It wasn't borderline but they were letting a lot go for both teams. They seemed consistent. A Raven even shoved a ref without a penalty or ejection.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 02:21 PM
The Ravens earned this superbowl just like we've earned all 6 of hours.

6RingsAndCounting
02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
This is why I hate the Harbaughs so much, no matter who won, one of them would have been bitching and moaning.

Instead of Jim crying like a little girl about that play, how about he takes a loss like a humble person. Everyone knows that the Refs weren't very good, but you were out coached. Your team came out and completely laid an egg in the first half, and you can't blame the refs for going down 22 and letting Joe Flacco throw bombs on you.

If the 49ers would have came back and won, all we would have heard from John was how the power outage took away his teams momentum. His team looked like they completely checked out after the delay until the end and that's on him,

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 02:39 PM
We're not Seahawks fans. I'd like to think we're above blaming the refs for a win / loss, especially a win by such a hated rival.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Got to admit in the Pittsburgh Vs Giants game this season, that was definitely favoritism for the Sandy ravished giants.

Justp94
02-04-2013, 03:09 PM

Practically tackling a player is called a "Pancake" and not considered holding. I have no idea why people always have something to complain about. That non-call on Crabtree was the right call. They were both going at it and even though the ravens defender was holding him, Crabtree also had a push off, so it wouldn't have mattered anyways.

The_Joker
02-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Stop whinin' folks.

ZoneBlitzer
02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
The Niners offensive coordinator gave that game away with gayest calls I have ever seen near the goal line. They were running the ball well so they decide to allow the Ravens to go all out blitz against their inexperienced QB. At least in a run formation you have multiple options to utilize. What did the do? Go one dimensional.

They started out the game playing finesse football and they ended it playing finesse football. They weren't ready for the fight nor did they want engage at least that's what the OC was saying with his ***** gameplan.

JeromeBetties63
02-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Blah blah blah..... What about the "running into the kicker" where there was no contact or the the late hit out of bounds on Flacco on 3rd and goal. The flags go both ways.

Is that true in Steeler games, too? Every Steeler game? Is it?