PDA

View Full Version : Still the UNDISPUTED Super Bowl All-Time Leader

desertsteel
02-04-2013, 12:13 AM
6 Baby!!!

I must say, I am finding some solace in this stat, after a crappy year.

I also think that the Ratbirds winning will light a fire in our team, and Flacco raising his status will ignite Big Ben.

Bring on the 2013 season!

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 12:28 AM
We've got a lot to figure out before 2013 season

Buddha Bus
02-04-2013, 12:29 AM
6 Baby!!!

I must say, I am finding some solace in this stat, after a crappy year.

I also think that the Ratbirds winning will light a fire in our team, and Flacco raising his status will ignite Big Ben.

Bring on the 2013 season!

Turd officially polished. :chuckle:

desertsteel
02-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Turd officially polished. :chuckle:
???????

GMU Steeler
02-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Yeah I was really upset the Ravens won but as soon as they won, that's the first thing I said to my brother. "Who has the most SB wins of all time still?" He was rooting for the Ravens because he didn't want the Niners to match us. Couldn't bring myself to root for them even knowing that but it's true.

Lady Steel
02-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Posted by Brett Keisel's Beard on Facebook

The 6 rings are safe for now...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/292706_514061165283357_858777554_n.jpg

LVSteelersfan
02-04-2013, 01:33 AM
The 49ers are good enough to get back there again. The Steelers better get their act together if they want to stay in the lead in that category.

Gnutella
02-04-2013, 05:08 AM
Glad the 49ers have a blemish on their Super Bowl record now.

Terminator
02-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Doesn't mean much to me.

We've only won 2 SuperBowls since the 70's. And one of them is considered one of, if not the worst SuperBowl of all time.

Bayz101
02-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Doesn't mean much to me.

We've only won 2 SuperBowls since the 70's. And one of them is considered one of, if not the worst SuperBowl of all time.

And you're NOT ashamed to say that?

How can you honestly say that our Super Bowl wins don't mean anything to you, and still call yourself a fan? So, if we win it all next year, it won't "mean" anything to you?

Come on dude. Seems your trying really, really hard to be negative. Hey, nothing is wrong with being negative, especially after a disappointing season, but shit like that is ridiculous man.

Six time Super Bowl champions. Our last two wins, especially the XLIII, we're awesome. The players that won rings in XL, and the plays we made to WIN XLIII we're absolutely amazing.

Two Super Bowls in less than ten years. I highly doubt another team will be as good, and win as many Super Bowl's in the amount of time the 70's still we're and did, and if THAT is what you expect from the Steelers squad, that's very ungrateful and unlikely.

I love the fact that NO ONE wants to play us in the playoffs. I love the fact that we've ALWAYS been in the hunt since Ben was drafted. Even in the 8-8 seasons, we we're a mere two or three games short.

I just love the Steelers, and i'm PROUD to be a fan of a team that's one two Super Bowl's since '05, and made it to another. That's just me.

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 07:36 AM
I'll be negative (shocker, I know) but in a good way - it sucks that the Ravens won a SB - feels like bizzarro world - there were two extremely aggressive teams that played last night - the Steelers need to change their approach to every team to get back to the big show

the upside to the Ravens being champs? They won't handle the target on their back - and yea, I agree that it will motivate Ben and co.

Terminator
02-04-2013, 07:48 AM
And you're NOT ashamed to say that?

Nope.

To me, it's annoying to hear. I'm honestly sick of it.

"We had a complete shit season and didn't even make the playoffs, but at least we have 6 championships spread over 80 years of team history!"

We just watched the Ravens win the fucking SuperBowl THIS YEAR. Who CARES what we did 40 years ago?

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Testing my signature

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Someone let me know when the Ravens quit ducking Charlie Batch and actually beat us in a Playoff game

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Someone let me know when the Ravens quit ducking Charlie Batch and actually beat us in a Playoff game

there is no doubt in my mind that this current version of the Steelers we just witnessed, would have got whooped at M&T this playoffs. The Ravens got healthy and peaked - I'm a huge Steelers fan, but I'm not crazy either. The Ravens had a special year this year. If you remember, our SB teams had some really tough losses that made them mentally tough.

The Steelers needed to be humbled, they should feel humbled and I hope they are if they want to sniff an AFC champ game.

teegre
02-04-2013, 08:50 AM
Doesn't mean much to me.

Recent history. Okay. That would be ten years, yes?

In the past ten years, the Steelers have been to 3 SuperBowls, winning two. No other team has more Lombardis in that time (NYGiants 2, Taperiots 2), and only the Taperiots have more appearances (4).

And you're angry at recent history because...???

Better yet, since BB was drafted, the Steelers have been to 3 SuperBowls, winning two. No other team has more Lombardis in that time (NYGiants 2), and only the Taperiots have the same number of appearances (3... but, only one victory).

So, again, you're angry at recent history because...???

MeanGee2047
02-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Can't believe how happy some Steeler fans are that the Ratbirds won...myself? I can't stand it! Wonder if Ryan Clark was in their locker room again....:banging:

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Can't believe how happy some Steeler fans are that the Ratbirds won...myself? I can't stand it! Wonder if Ryan Clark was in their locker room again....:banging:

chill dude - these guys are human beings - they don't carry the hate that Steelers fans do - they are in fact friends with other human beings from other teams

It is more a business transaction than ever before. Myself? I couldn't befriend my arch-rivals, but then again - I'm not getting paid six to eight figures to play a game.

Dino 6 Rings
02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
there is no doubt in my mind that this current version of the Steelers we just witnessed, would have got whooped at M&T this playoffs. The Ravens got healthy and peaked - I'm a huge Steelers fan, but I'm not crazy either. The Ravens had a special year this year. If you remember, our SB teams had some really tough losses that made them mentally tough.

The Steelers needed to be humbled, they should feel humbled and I hope they are if they want to sniff an AFC champ game.

I disagree only because of the historical pucker factor that Joe had against the Steelers in playoff and big games. Its about matchups, we matchup bad against the Patriots but matchup very well against the Ravens. Losing Heath would have been hard to overcome, but I wouldnt be scared of the Ravens in the playoffs. Playing in Denver without Clark would have had me more concerned. Not saying we could have won it all this year as we were set up, but I dont think the Ravens would have beaten us in the playoffs. They lost to us with Batch. Pschologically, that would have counted for something. They beat the Pats, the Pats beat us, but we beat the Ravens. Matchups.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 10:57 AM
I disagree only because of the historical pucker factor that Joe had against the Steelers in playoff and big games. Its about matchups, we matchup bad against the Patriots but matchup very well against the Ravens. Losing Heath would have been hard to overcome, but I wouldnt be scared of the Ravens in the playoffs. Playing in Denver without Clark would have had me more concerned. Not saying we could have won it all this year as we were set up, but I dont think the Ravens would have beaten us in the playoffs. They lost to us with Batch. Pschologically, that would have counted for something. They beat the Pats, the Pats beat us, but we beat the Ravens. Matchups.

very well said. Can't agree more.

lloydwoodson
02-04-2013, 11:17 AM
Nope.

To me, it's annoying to hear. I'm honestly sick of it.

"We had a complete shit season and didn't even make the playoffs, but at least we have 6 championships spread over 80 years of team history!"

We just watched the Ravens win the fucking SuperBowl THIS YEAR. Who CARES what we did 40 years ago?

This is just some of the "objectivity" Terminator has been talking about. It is Orwellian douplespeak where "objectivity" has nothing to do with impartiality and everything to do with being a cover for being as negative as possible.

Despite making it to the final round of selections in his first year of eligibility Jerome Bettis is not worthy of the HOF

+

Despite going to the playoffs in 14 of the last 20 seasons, and winning 2 out of 4 superbowls the Steelers haven't been good for 40 years

=

Objectivity.

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 11:31 AM

If we hypothetically make it to the playoffs at 9-7 with no Heath, I say we hypothetically lose. They have been the better team overall for the past two seasons. They got healthy and hot at the right time. Momentum and health just as important. Based on what I saw - a Ravens team that went into Denver and New England, and just outgunned the 49ers, I still say this version of the Steelers loses. Previous Matchups don't matter much to me - if they did, I would say we had zero chance to ever beat the Patriots - even though we eventually did 2 seasons ago. Eventually, the Ravens could beat us in the playoffs, and I believe they would have this season. Just like they eventually could take the division, and they have.

That said, I believe we have a great shot at taking it back now that the pressure is squarely on them.

pete74
02-04-2013, 11:36 AM
If we hypothetically make it to the playoffs at 9-7 with no Heath, I say we hypothetically lose. They have been the better team overall for the past two seasons. They got healthy and hot at the right time. Momentum and health just as important. Based on what I saw - a Ravens team that went into Denver and New England, and just outgunned the 49ers, I still say this version of the Steelers loses. Previous Matchups don't matter much to me - if they did, I would say we had zero chance to ever beat the Patriots - even though we eventually did 2 seasons ago. Eventually, the Ravens could beat us in the playoffs, and I believe they would have this season. Just like they eventually could take the division, and they have.

That said, I believe we have a great shot at taking it back now that the pressure is squarely on them.

I have to agree. I give credit were credit is due and the Ravens were a much better team this year. Every season is different but this season the Ravens are world champions. They took a very hard road to the super bowl and Flacco shouldered the load, played like an elite QB thru the entire playoffs and won it all.

Hopefully the Steelers have a better team next year, Ben dosnt get hurt and play poorly at the end of the season and we win it all

Terminator
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
This is just some of the "objectivity" Terminator has been talking about. It is Orwellian douplespeak where "objectivity" has nothing to do with impartiality and everything to do with being a cover for being as negative as possible.

Despite making it to the final round of selections in his first year of eligibility Jerome Bettis is not worthy of the HOF

+

Despite going to the playoffs in 14 of the last 20 seasons, and winning 2 out of 4 superbowls the Steelers haven't been good for 40 years

=

Objectivity.

Never said they haven't been good for 40 years.

What I am saying, is that what Pittsburgh did 40 years ago does not really matter today, in the grand scheme of things.

I see many Steelers fans constantly bring up the fact that our team has 6 SuperBowl rings to somehow validate themselves into believing the team is better than it really is. Hearing people bring up the "6 rings omg lol" argument this season makes me sick.

WE WERE TERRIBLE THIS YEAR. TERRIBLE.

Who cares that we won SuperBowls years ago? I care about RIGHT NOW. And right now we are sitting on an 8-8 garbage season with no playoff appearance and an uncertain future.

We last won a SuperBowl 4 years ago. Woopty doo. I guess that makes our 8-8 season not as bad as no SuperBowl appearance 4 years ago would.

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 12:07 PM
The Ravens won the Super Bowl after we had gone to three and won two. I don't understand why people are mad about this - they're going to have a hell'uva Super Bowl hangover, too. Losing Lewis, Eddy and Birk is going to leave a massive void in leadership on this roster and Flacco is going to be the new team captain? Yeah, I like my chances for us next year.

We don't have as many holes as people think. A legitimate OLB to play opposite Woodley, a healthy Woodley and for God sake a healthy Roethlisberger and we're a 12 - 4 / 13 - 3 team again. We just need to relax and see how this offseason goes. A healthy OLine is going to do wonders for us as well.

Stay positive, guys. They won a Super Bowl, great. They can have their one Super Bowl-appearance-per-decade and we'll take our 2 - 3 wins in the same time frame. Does that sound fair?

fansince'76
02-04-2013, 12:13 PM
We don't have as many holes as people think. A legitimate OLB to play opposite Woodley, a healthy Woodley and for God sake a healthy Roethlisberger and we're a 12 - 4 / 13 - 3 team again. We just need to relax and see how this offseason goes. A healthy OLine is going to do wonders for us as well.

Exactly. We were 6-3, on a 4-game winning streak and Roethlisberger was firmly in the discussion for league MVP and off to the best start of a season in his career when Tamba Hali and Justin Houston landed on top of him. That's where the season went off the rails. However, it is imperative that the Steelers get a competent backup QB as Lefty and Batch can't cut it anymore.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-04-2013, 12:16 PM
We are picking #17 in the draft and SF was just a handfull of jersey away from winning another title. We got no reason to thump our chests.

tanda10506
02-04-2013, 12:36 PM
As it stands, the Niners are in better position to win 7 before we do, not just 6. This isn't like in 2009 where we will just bounce back. The Steeler way was still instilled in nearly every player on the field in 2009 and the vets weren't at the end of their careers. Now they are at the end and playing well under what we need from them, there are only a few backups that are starting quality (and even that's debatable), and nobody seems to have any heart. I'm not saying we're down for the count, and even if we are it won't be for more then a season or two, but let's stop acting like this team that under performed 2 years in a row with a bunch of players that are about to retire, is ready to do what they couldn't do these last two years.

As for the 6 ring argument, I definitely like that we still have that argument, but it is getting kind of worn out. I'm proud of what the 70's teams accomplished and even more so with the 2006 and 2008 teams (since I actually watched them play), but we're currently a LONG way from fielding a championship caliber team.

The_Joker
02-04-2013, 12:51 PM
But we're currently a LONG way from fielding a championship caliber team.

Proof?

fansince'76
02-04-2013, 12:54 PM
I'm proud of what the 70's teams accomplished and even more so with the 2006 and 2008 teams (since I actually watched them play), but we're currently a LONG way from fielding a championship caliber team.

Disagree, especially when it can be argued that the Ravens' entire season turned on a 4th-and-29 play and they lost 4 of their last 5 games.

steelerchad
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Disagree, especially when it can be argued that the Ravens' entire season turned on a 4th-and-29 play and they lost 4 of their last 5 games.

You mean the one where Ray Rice picked up 28 yards and was awarded a first down.

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 01:10 PM
We're a long way from fielding a championship team? Where have I heard this before? Oh, right, after the 2009 season.

pete74
02-04-2013, 01:12 PM
We're a long way from fielding a championship team? Where have I heard this before? Oh, right, after the 2009 season.

I hate when we're predicted to win it all from the get go. It's when everyone thinks we don't have a chance is when we play our best

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 02:00 PM
I hate when we're predicted to win it all from the get go. It's when everyone thinks we don't have a chance is when we play our best

this