PDA

View Full Version : Steelers at Ravens kick off classic?

steelerchad
02-03-2013, 11:18 PM
Does the NFL give the fans the game everybody wants to see?

There are a lot of possibilities. Ravens have NE, NYJ, GB, Houston, Cincy and Pit all on their home schedule. Minny or the Browns are unlikely IMO.

teegre
02-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Does the NFL give the fans the game everybody wants to see?

There are a lot of possibilities. Ravens have NE, NYJ, GB, Houston, Cincy and Pit all on their home schedule. Minny or the Browns are unlikely IMO.

Great idea... unless John starts crying about it.

BlaZeQuietly
02-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Hopefully they fix the scheduling fuck up they had this year where the steelers had to play the ravens 2 out of 3 weeks, leaving us to play them twice with a banged up team. not saying it would have made a difference but I'd like to see that changed for next year, it's just not fair.

Buddha Bus
02-03-2013, 11:27 PM
The way our team has started out of the gate the last couple of seasons, the last thing I want is to have to face them in the first game of next season. Until our guys start getting themselves into football shape sooner and decide to start playing NFL regular season football when everybody else does, I'd rather not have to face our chief divisional rival fresh off a Super Bowl victory in the first few games and potentially put ourselves in an early hole because certain players can't find a weight room in the off-season (I'm looking at you LaMarr).

I think it will probably be the Pats* or the Texans.

BlaZeQuietly
02-03-2013, 11:30 PM
probably the pats they tend to like to replay the conference champ games

GMU Steeler
02-03-2013, 11:54 PM
probably the pats they tend to like to replay the conference champ games

Yep, opening night will be Baltimore versus New England in Baltimore. I'd bet good money on that.

GoFor7
02-04-2013, 12:04 AM
I read somewhere (maybe PFT) that the NFL generally does not put divisional foes against each other for the kickoff game. Cowboys-Giants was a rare exception earlier this season.

Rick5895
02-04-2013, 03:38 AM
I'd love the Steelers vs Ravens for the kick off classic. The Rats are now going to have to pay Flacco BIG bucks. Likely they are losing Reed, Lewis is gone, Kruger will likely leave by free agency and they are still going to have to cut others to get under the cap.
They had a nice run, just like we had in 05, but IMO they will come back to earth and struggle next season. There will be a huge leadership void without Lewis and if Reed goes to, they will have huge problems. If the Steelers show any semblance of the talent they possess, this division will be ours again

Gnutella
02-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Honestly, I don't want the Steelers to play the season opener in Baltimore because that'd be three seasons in a row that they start on the road.

kent
02-04-2013, 08:13 AM
I'd love the Steelers vs Ravens for the kick off classic. The Rats are now going to have to pay Flacco BIG bucks. Likely they are losing Reed, Lewis is gone, Kruger will likely leave by free agency and they are still going to have to cut others to get under the cap.
They had a nice run, just like we had in 05, but IMO they will come back to earth and struggle next season. There will be a huge leadership void without Lewis and if Reed goes to, they will have huge problems. If the Steelers show any semblance of the talent they possess, this division will be ours again

Matt Birk will most likely retire as well.

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Steelers needs to treat every team like they are playing the champs. We don't take the Raiders, Browns, Chiefs seriously enough, let alone the actual champs.

Lot's of work both mentally and physically until we see them molded into what we think they COULD be

It would be nice to open up at 1-0 instead of 0-1. Having to start past 2 seasons at Bmore, at Denver is pretty tough.

Mark my words though - Bmore will come back down to earth. Losing Ray Lewis is going to be bigger than people think. Remember all of our leadership-void discussions?

Flacco and Ray Rice handling the pressure of being the champs and getting everyone's A-game? Muahahaha. I give them respect - helluva run - they deserve the trophy. But, that rides over, and its time for a fresh start:tt03:

jtbsteeler
02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Our defense handled them nicely both games. Especially the secondary. Bring them on.

Fire Haley
02-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Horrible idea.

We will likely lose at least 3 starters to injury in the last preseason game, and you know how flat Tomlin's teams come out of training camp.

Let them lose to the Browns right outta the gate - that would be entertaining.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 12:48 PM
I read somewhere (maybe PFT) that the NFL generally does not put divisional foes against each other for the kickoff game. Cowboys-Giants was a rare exception earlier this season.

Pitt and Bal kicked off the season in 08 or 09, I watched it my self

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Mark my words though - Bmore will come back down to earth. Losing Ray Lewis is going to be bigger than people think. Remember all of our leadership-void discussions?

Flacco and Ray Rice handling the pressure of being the champs and getting everyone's A-game? Muahahaha. I give them respect - helluva run - they deserve the trophy. But, that rides over, and its time for a fresh start:tt03:

^^^^ This

GMU Steeler
02-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Pitt and Bal kicked off the season in 08 or 09, I watched it my self

Pretty sure we kicked off against TEN after we beat Arizona in the SB. We won but I remember Troy getting hurt.