PDA

View Full Version : Why I wouldn't trade Ben for any other QB

SteelCitian
02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
He has shown heart and character and a will to win. Playing with a broken nose, can barely walk. I just don't see any other QB playing through that. Let Flacco and the Ravens enjoy their moment and see how they play with targets on their backs next year. A scenario we all know too well.

maddog78
02-04-2013, 08:35 AM
The Ravens are done. Flacco not signed, Lewis leaving, over the cap, and will have an epic Super Bowl hangover.

Hate to say it, but the North is the Bengals division to lose next year.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Oh yeah, with BB at QB we have a chance every year! Can't wait to see what they do to fix the team.

SteelCitian
02-04-2013, 08:47 AM
I see two things-Suring up that O line and the secondary. We need good protection against the deep ball. The running can be shut down.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 08:50 AM
I see two things-Suring up that O line and the secondary. We need good protection against the deep ball. The running can be shut down.

oh, I think if we have an o-line that plays together most of the season, we'll see some differences. I think it was the 9ers, but every member of their o-line started every game.

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Ravens won with heart and grit - its not like we're talking back to back, dominating teams like the 80s 49ers, 90s Cowboys, or 2000s New England - team's that win on emotion usually are spent the next season.

I predict we'll be back in the playoffs and battling for a real shot at the division - 10-6 or 11-5 is going to win it next season.

Steelers5895
02-04-2013, 09:41 AM
I am looking for Ben to have a huge year next season. here is why:

1- second season under haley. Until he was hurt he WAS already having one of his best statistical year and we were 6-3

2- Our O-LIne on paper looks to be one of the better ones we have had in years. Lots of youth and decent depth.

3- The running game can only improve and if it does that will take a lot of pressure off Ben

4- Steelers will need to replace Wallace which means we have a chance to have a better ball catching WR. We loose taking the top off the defense (which barely happened last year) but hopefully gain a WR with more than one dimension.

5- The draft will be spent on Defense so if the defense improves with more turnovers and sacks we will get better field position to start drives

6- New Special Teams coach. If he is as good as we are hearing, again, better field position could come out of it.

You can never question Ben's will to win or toughness. he constantly plays hurt and two years in a row he came back early from injury with the potential to get hurt worse because the team needed him.

he is a super bowl winning quarterback and is the toughest quarterback since John Elway.

SteelCitian
02-04-2013, 10:09 AM
I am looking for Ben to have a huge year next season. here is why:

1- second season under haley. Until he was hurt he WAS already having one of his best statistical year and we were 6-3

2- Our O-LIne on paper looks to be one of the better ones we have had in years. Lots of youth and decent depth.

3- The running game can only improve and if it does that will take a lot of pressure off Ben

4- Steelers will need to replace Wallace which means we have a chance to have a better ball catching WR. We loose taking the top off the defense (which barely happened last year) but hopefully gain a WR with more than one dimension.

5- The draft will be spent on Defense so if the defense improves with more turnovers and sacks we will get better field position to start drives

6- New Special Teams coach. If he is as good as we are hearing, again, better field position could come out of it.

You can never question Ben's will to win or toughness. he constantly plays hurt and two years in a row he came back early from injury with the potential to get hurt worse because the team needed him.

he is a super bowl winning quarterback and is the toughest quarterback since John Elway.

You reminded me-How can I forget that running game mess we had?

lloydwoodson
02-04-2013, 10:16 AM
RG III is the toughest quarterback in the NFL hands down. I have never seen anyone else play through a partially torn acl/mcl and I doubt we ever will again.

desertsteel
02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
Well... I'd switch him for Aaron Rogers, Andrew Luck and that's about all. Brees, P Manning and Brady too old, or them too.

I love Ben but I'm not such a homer that I can't be objective.

Bayz101
02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
RG III is the toughest quarterback in the NFL hands down. I have never seen anyone else play through a partially torn acl/mcl and I doubt we ever will again.

Lol. I guess that makes Phillip Rivers the toughest QB in the NFL considering he played a playoff game on a fully-torn ACL.

desertsteel
02-04-2013, 10:23 AM
RG III is the toughest quarterback in the NFL hands down.
Really??? Seriously???

Besides, I'm pretty sure it was only sprained while he was playing. I think he left after the tear, or shortly thereafter.

FanSince72
02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
Ravens won with heart and grit - its not like we're talking back to back, dominating teams like the 80s 49ers, 90s Cowboys, or 2000s New England - team's that win on emotion usually are spent the next season.

I predict we'll be back in the playoffs and battling for a real shot at the division - 10-6 or 11-5 is going to win it next season.

The Ravens played a great game and even though they may not have been the "better" team, they played better than SF. Flacco caught fire this season and has proven himself as a good QB. Whether he'll be the "Elite" QB he says he is remains to be seen but he's headed in that direction and I hope he succeeds.

As for us, we had a lousy season -- it happens.
Ben is a proven winner and we certainly have the talent and it's really more about getting adjusted to a new OC and a different way of doing things than it is about falling apart or losing the edge..

As much as I'm not a Haley fan, I DO believe that he's certainly capable of putting together a solid offense and just as Ben has to get used to Haley, Haley has to get used to Ben and that will iron itself out eventually.

Every team stinks the place out now and then and this was our year for that.
So now it's officially over, it's time to look ahead and I think we're certainly a contender and I have no reason to believe otherwise. And if Cincy and Baltimore are on the rise I think that's great -- the competition will do us good and make us better!

I can't wait for September! :tt04:

lloydwoodson
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Lol. I guess that makes Phillip Rivers the toughest QB in the NFL considering he played a playoff game on a fully-torn ACL.

Ooh! Good call on Rivers I had forgotten about that. You are right- put down Rivers for second toughest quarterback.

Kingmagyar
02-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Maybe we have blurred out the memory of the last few games of the year when Ben returned. There is no doubt in my mind why we didn't make the playoffs this year and that is Ben blew it. 2 interceptions and a fumble in a must win game against Cincinatti and terrible deep ball accuracy down the stretch has me worried about Ben. He never has been consistant enough with the deep ball, and he seems to have lost his ability for the comeback having blown several opportunities during the year. He must work harder as the whole team should but it does start with him and as far as who I would trade Ben for? Not many but there are at least two and that is being conservative.

Andrew Luck (because he's young and only going to get better)
Aaron Rogers (Ben is no where near as good as Rogers)

SteelCitian
02-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Well... I'd switch him for Aaron Rogers, Andrew Luck and that's about all. Brees, P Manning and Brady too old, or them too.

I love Ben but I'm not such a homer that I can't be objective.Thats fine if thats what you believe. I love a gritty QB that can take punishment and still deliver. I somehow think of the QB's you mentioned being on a stretcher if they took the same hits.

pete74
02-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Thats fine if thats what you believe. I love a gritty QB that can take punishment and still deliver. I somehow think of the QB's you mentioned being on a stretcher if they took the same hits.

I like Bens toughness to. He seems to always want to play thru injuries but that's not necessarily a good thing if you look at his stats when injured. I would much rather see him avoid the hits and play a full season healthy

Steelers5895
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Maybe we have blurred out the memory of the last few games of the year when Ben returned. There is no doubt in my mind why we didn't make the playoffs this year and that is Ben blew it. 2 interceptions and a fumble in a must win game against Cincinatti and terrible deep ball accuracy down the stretch has me worried about Ben. He never has been consistant enough with the deep ball, and he seems to have lost his ability for the comeback having blown several opportunities during the year. He must work harder as the whole team should but it does start with him and as far as who I would trade Ben for? Not many but there are at least two and that is being conservative.

Andrew Luck (because he's young and only going to get better)
Aaron Rogers (Ben is no where near as good as Rogers)

as of now, i would only take Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees over him.

also, ho wmany of them with our team would be as successful? I think ONLY Rodgers as his OL is worse than ours.

Luck has one year in. He has all the signs he will be great but its one year.

scottcurtis
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Right now if the steelers offered ben straight up for Luck, RG3, Colin K or R. Wilson do you think any of those teams would take the trade ? I dont think they would. I think ben is clearly on the downside of his career.

Hi guys.... New poster here from new ken pa.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Right now if the steelers offered ben straight up for Luck, RG3, Colin K or R. Wilson do you think any of those teams would take the trade ? I dont think they would. I think ben is clearly on the downside of his career.

Hi guys.... New poster here from new ken pa.

welcome to the board. I disagree though, Ben was playing great before the injury. I'd like to see him play another season with the new offense and stay healthy; I think people will remember why he's such a good QB

OX1947
02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
I would trade Ben for Kaep in a milli second.

scottcurtis
02-04-2013, 11:53 AM
welcome to the board. I disagree though, Ben was playing great before the injury. I'd like to see him play another season with the new offense and stay healthy; I think people will remember why he's such a good QB

you disagree ? Which team above would take Ben ?

Terminator
02-04-2013, 11:57 AM

Kaepernick is special. I see good things from him.

Terminator
02-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I'd like to see Ben complete a season without actually getting hurt.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 11:58 AM
you disagree ? Which team above would take Ben ?

those other teams can't have him. He's a Steeler.

scottcurtis
02-04-2013, 12:43 PM
those other teams can't have him. He's a Steeler.

i dont think they would want him any way. ben has very little upside left. I cant see next season being any different. To me ben just doesnt have the desire to be "great" like alot of the other Qbs...such as Brady, Brees, Manning and Rodgers... just look how he comes to camp every year. totally out of shape compared to 98% of the other Qb's in the league, to be honest I cant think of a Qb thats in worse physical condition then BB. ben's arms look like jello campare to Colin K. and even the old man Payton.

Fire Arians
02-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Kaepernick is special. I see good things from him.

he might be a 1 hit wonder like cam newton once teams get film on him. i'd much rather have someone like andrew luck

Steelers>NFL
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Aaron Roger is the only QB that I would trade Big Ben for...

maddog78
02-04-2013, 01:26 PM
he might be a 1 hit wonder like cam newton once teams get film on him. i'd much rather have someone like andrew luck

Or Greg Cook, Bill Kenney, Don Majkowski, Scott Mitchell, Erik Kramer, or any number of one hit wonders that teams overcommitted to and got burned by.

We know what we have in Ben for the next 3-5 years, I'd rather not trade away a chance at another Lombardi for a guy who's played a handful of games.

BTW, had Ben gone 16-28 with a pick and left his team at the 7-yard line at the end, he'd be getting crucified.

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Or Greg Cook, Bill Kenney, Don Majkowski, Scott Mitchell, Erik Kramer, or any number of one hit wonders that teams overcommitted to and got burned by.

We know what we have in Ben for the next 3-5 years, I'd rather not trade away a chance at another Lombardi for a guy who's played a handful of games.

BTW, had Ben gone 16-28 with a pick and left his team at the 7-yard line at the end, he'd be getting crucified.

I'm willing to bet that if we get back to the SB, Ben will see all the missed opportunities that Kaep did not.

BTW - anyone notice Moss taking plenty of plays off and slowing up when traffic was coming? They really only played with 2 receivers all game - Crabtree and Davis. The damn fullback was the most effective by the 2nd half.

desertsteel
02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Moss wasn't taking plays off lol. Give that a rest.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 01:50 PM
Id trade him for rogers...that guys got a lot of good years ahead of him.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM

yeah kaepernick to

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM

give what a rest? "LOL" and that's your opinion

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM

Newton is not a one hit wonder, he's going to be a good QB, just had a sophomore slump thats all.

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
You'd trade Ben for a guy that throws a truly horrific deep ball in a millisecond? Uh, that makes sense.

Anyway, I wouldn't either. I have to tell you, it's getting so fucking old having to read 'FUCK BEN AND TOMLIN THEY BOTH SUCK TRADE BEN!!!one!11' because we went 8-8. I can't wait until next season starts and we can get rid of this shit. Ben and Tomlin aren't going anywhere and nor should they. The Giants missed the playoffs and there's no threads over there where stupidity is spewed out like 'I'd trade Ben for Kaepernick'.

Oh, how spoiled we are.

scottcurtis
02-04-2013, 03:52 PM
You'd trade Ben for a guy that throws a truly horrific deep ball in a millisecond? Uh, that makes sense.

Anyway, I wouldn't either. I have to tell you, it's getting so fucking old having to read 'FUCK BEN AND TOMLIN THEY BOTH SUCK TRADE BEN!!!one!11' because we went 8-8. I can't wait until next season starts and we can get rid of this shit. Ben and Tomlin aren't going anywhere and nor should they. The Giants missed the playoffs and there's no threads over there where stupidity is spewed out like 'I'd trade Ben for Kaepernick'.

Oh, how spoiled we are.

Tom is one of the reasons for Ben's poor play, no accountability. Switches between 4-5 RB's in some games, terrible clock management and playcalling...shit I thought tomlin was coaching last night on that fake field goal try...something stupid he would do. he thinks that the way he talks in his pressers in riddles like the joker from batman makes him look smart.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Tom is one of the reasons for Ben's poor play, no accountability. Switches between 4-5 RB's in some games, terrible clock management and playcalling...shit I thought tomlin was coaching last night on that fake field goal try...something stupid he would do. he thinks that the way he talks in his pressers in riddles like the joker from batman makes him look smart.

i thought the fake fg was pretty good

Steelers5895
02-04-2013, 04:07 PM
i thought the fake fg was pretty good

any chance of you changing your profile picture. its starting to really creep me out.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 04:11 PM
any chance of you changing your profile picture. its starting to really creep me out.

i don't know how, somebody helped me set it up (not so good with computers). What is it about Christopher Lee dancing around in a dress that creeps you out?

Steelers5895
02-04-2013, 04:26 PM
i don't know how, somebody helped me set it up (not so good with computers). What is it about Christopher Lee dancing around in a dress that creeps you out?

haha, i was only kidding. not sure what that was. after i posted that i was hoping that wasnt you.

Gnutella
02-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Id trade him for rogers...that guys got a lot of good years ahead of him.

Aaron Rodgers will be 30 in December. He's a whole year and nine months younger than Roethlisberger is, and he's been sacked at a higher rate than Roethlisberger has over the last three seasons.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Rogers is going to be around for a lot longer than roethlisberger, sorry to tell you that.

fansince'76
02-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Rogers is going to be around for a lot longer than roethlisberger, sorry to tell you that.

You pick lottery numbers too? Rodgers is about one more serious concussion away from a network talking head gig. And Green Bay's OL is even worse than ours. Do the math.

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 04:51 PM
haha, i was only kidding. not sure what that was. after i posted that i was hoping that wasnt you.

don't worry, if it was me that would have made it pretty funny.

zcoop
02-04-2013, 07:46 PM

Cam a one hit wonder? Your kidding, right? Even though he wears the Superman jersey from time to time, he ain't got shit to work with in Carolina. Luck has a pretty good squad in Indy. Wow!

zcoop
02-04-2013, 07:49 PM

Exactly, the ratbirds played pretty good in the secondary. Some of these folks hear a phase uttered by the talking heads and repeat it indefinately, as if it will come true by them speaking it.

jb500ex
02-04-2013, 08:33 PM
Yes Ben was so tough choking down the stretch this year. Really tough missing the playoffs two of the last four years. Really tough playing like shit against the great Tim tebow and not winning a playoff game 3 out of the last 4 years and the one year he did win in the playoffs it wasn't because of him his numbers were bad. Ben has gone backwards even during his so called MVP streak his year we still didn't score He had the number 1 defense and missed the playoffs. There are more then a few and you could argue for. I hate flacco you know what he does makes it to the playoffs every yea and wins in the playoffs every year. Have to be unit to win it

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Cam Newton a one hit wonder? Were those words just spoken?

Who does Cam have to throw to? Honestly. Steve Smith and .... ? That's it. You can't honestly sit there and tell me Greg Olsen is even a decent Tight End because he isn't. Who else is he throwing to? Brandon LaFell? Luck, on the other hand, not only has a reliable Running Back stable that isn't being paid 12.5 million and underachieving, but he has legitimate and reliable hands he can throw to.

Newton is a better and more athletic and has a better arm than Kaepernick. He was able to throw for over 4k yards without anyone other than Smith to throw to and he's running behind a less-than-stellar offensive line. Kaepernick, on the other hand, is running behind an All-Pro OLine while having Vernon Davis, Crabtree and a future first ballot HOF'er to throw to and people are clamoring over him why?

Newton is the only guy I'd trade Roethlisberger for and I'd do it in a heartbeat. Kaepernick is throwing to an All-Pro offense and most of the time can't even hit those throws which is pretty pathetic. If you listen to the commentators, he has a 'massive arm and great deep ball' which is complete and total horseshit. Have you ever seen him try and rainbow a ball? It's laughable. When people get some tape on this guy and realize that what the Rams were doing is what needs to be done every game, Kaepernick is going to be shut down. Think about that for a second: the St. Louis Rams completely shut down Kaepernick and made him a liability instead of an asset. Sorry, I don't want to trade for a Quarterback that made the Rams defense look like they should be All-Pros.

Also, did I read someone say we should trade for Kaepernick because he has a fast 40 time? I'm going to hope and pray that person was kidding.

fer522
02-04-2013, 09:52 PM
You would trade newton for ben?!?! I'm telling you man stop smoking that shit

WokeUpWithaWoodley
02-04-2013, 09:54 PM

Agreed.

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 09:55 PM

Any day of the week I give up Ben for Newton. I wouldn't give up Ben for Rodgers, Brady, Manning - either of them or Brees. Newton is a top flight player playing on a truly shitty team with less than 0 help. He's the kind of player that if he ever got support, he'd be a 5000 yard, 45+ total TD player. Think about a read option with Newton running behind Pouncey and DeCastro and throwing to Sanders, Brown and Miller. Yeah, I'll take that.

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.

Bayz101
02-04-2013, 10:18 PM
:rofl:

Holy shit. Fucking crazies.

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 10:23 PM
:rofl:

Holy shit. Fucking crazies.

Oh, it's absolutely crazy and I can totally see why you'd think so. But, I stand by what I said!

:drink:

Kingmagyar
02-04-2013, 11:15 PM

Hey Harrison'samonster,

I bet you and I are the only two on this forum that knows what movie your Christopher Lee picture is from. And don't delete it. "The Wicker Man" needs as much pub as it can get.

and no not the one with Nicolas Cage!

"Come, it is time to keep your appointment with the Wicker Man."

harrison'samonster
02-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Hey Harrison'samonster,

I bet you and I are the only two on this forum that knows what movie your Christopher Lee picture is from. And don't delete it. "The Wicker Man" needs as much pub as it can get.

that original is so much better than the remake. gotta love it!

teegre
02-05-2013, 12:37 AM

I love Ben but I'm not such a homer that I can't be objective.

For me, it's only Luck... because, he's nine years younger.

[Note: Rodgers is only one year younger. People think he is much younger, because he sat for four seasons.]

Even in their prime, I would not take anyone else. Simply, I like BB's style of play... but, that's like preferring chocolate to vanilla: eye of the beholder.

kan_t
02-05-2013, 01:47 AM
I would only trade Ben for Rodgers or Luck. Rodgers is simply a better QB and he has less wear and tear. I pick Luck mainly because of his age and potential.

Millers the sh!t
02-05-2013, 06:53 AM
Another reason..... Cause you're an idiot. You trying to tell me if this off season we traded Ben for rogers or manning you would be pissed? Yeah, I don't believe it......

kan_t
02-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Another reason..... Cause you're an idiot. You trying to tell me if this off season we traded Ben for rogers or manning you would be pissed? Yeah, I don't believe it......
Rodgers, yes. Peyton, no. Eli, hell no.

Given his age and injury history, I wouldn't be pissed if they didn't trade Ben for Peyton.

Millers the sh!t
02-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Hey Harrison'samonster,

You know what other movie was great that Nick Cage ruined with a sequel?

Bad lieutenant....... That movie was fucked.

kan_t
02-05-2013, 07:02 AM
I would only trade Ben for Rodgers or Luck. Rodgers is simply a better QB and he has less wear and tear. I pick Luck mainly because of his age and potential.
Forget to add Russell Wilson. I really like him.

cowherpower
02-06-2013, 12:48 PM
He has shown heart and character and a will to win. Playing with a broken nose, can barely walk. I just don't see any other QB playing through that. Let Flacco and the Ravens enjoy their moment and see how they play with targets on their backs next year. A scenario we all know too well.

character? :rofl:

cowherpower
02-06-2013, 12:54 PM
as of now, i would only take Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees over him.

also, how many of them with our team would be as successful? I think ONLY Rodgers as his OL is worse than ours.

Luck has one year in. He has all the signs he will be great but its one year.

I think the confusion about how they would do behind our line needs to be rethought. All those QB can read D, process info quickly, set up blockers (recognizing blitzes), and get rid of the ball. They also all have better deep balls (not Peyton) which would prevent teams from cheating towards LOS. Wallace and Brown under any of those QB have more receptions, yards and TD. Next year Luck will join elite. He is that good.

I think they would do better with our team than he would do with theirs as their offenses require accuracy, quick timing routes, and a more cerebral approach.

scottcurtis
02-07-2013, 12:27 AM
Aaron Rodgers will be 30 in December. He's a whole year and nine months younger than Roethlisberger is, and he's been sacked at a higher rate than Roethlisberger has over the last three seasons.

Rodgers isnt fat and out of shape like Ben. Looks like Ben can have a heart attack walking up a few flights of steps !

Gnutella
02-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Rodgers isnt fat and out of shape like Ben. Looks like Ben can have a heart attack walking up a few flights of steps !

http://c10566323.r23.cf2.rackcdn.com/03-28-14_ben-roethlisberger_original.jpg

http://www.trbimg.com/img-502da22b/turbine/la-sp-steelers-roethlisberger-haley-20120817-001/600

http://aeryssports.com/steel-city-blitz/files/2011/08/5999525528_5a77625957_b.jpg

These images are all from 2012. Oh dear, he has a chin roll, so what? I know plenty of people of normal weight who have rolls under their chins.

The fact that you think he's fat illustrates at least one of the following:

1. You're not credible.

2. You have an agenda.

3. You're just a troll.

All three might be true, in fact.

jacobo
02-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Anyone who says Ben is fat is just projecting hard. He has some fat on his face but a lot of perfectly healthy people do, alot of times it's genetic and impossible to get rid of.

Luck and Newton are the only two I'd trade for. Young and talented and big enough to take hits and fast enough to make up for any fuck ups the line may have. Great passers too.

steelfury02
02-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Anyone who says Ben is fat is just projecting hard. He has some fat on his face but a lot of perfectly healthy people do, alot of times it's genetic and impossible to get rid of.

Luck and Newton are the only two I'd trade for. Young and talented and big enough to take hits and fast enough to make up for any fuck ups the line may have. Great passers too.

unproven and Holmes behind center. pass. sorry dude

StainlessStill
02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Ben's so fat and out of shape to the point where he has defense's fooled so much that they can't ever get to him to bring him down as he runs around in the backfield all day. April can't come soon enough. Fresh, clean slate of debates and happenings.

pczach
02-07-2013, 03:16 PM
I keep coming to this message board thinking I could never read anything as stupid as I did yesterday.......but I'm always proven wrong. :doh:

I'll take my chances with Ben......Thank you for playing!

Waking up tomorrow with a new QB at the helm of the Steelers would be like finding a steaming pile of shit on my plate at the breakfast table. For the love of God people....step away from the keyboard! :banging:

That is all....

stb_steeler
02-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Where do they get these ideas from?.......:noidea:

stb_steeler
02-07-2013, 03:38 PM

Oh, how spoiled we are.

Isnt it amazing how some love them when we win?.....News flash: We dont win all the time!

aa14
02-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Ben at this point is around 12-15th QB in the league but I understand why you wouldn't want to trade him. I wouldn't trade Flacco for another QB either because I have an emotional attachment to him being a Raven. Ben is savvy and tough as nails but he is getting up there in age for the type of QB he has been. :coffee:

jacobo
02-07-2013, 03:52 PM
unproven and Holmes behind center. pass. sorry dude

I'm sorry, I don't follow?

steelfury02
02-07-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm sorry, I don't follow?

Luck is too unproven to want to trade him for Ben
Newton is an attitude problem much like Holmes

jacobo
02-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Luck is too unproven to want to trade him for Ben
Newton is an attitude problem much like Holmes

Yeah, Luck's definitely unproven, but just from the hype he's got and actually proving it on a relatively poor team in a hard offensive scheme for any qb, let alone a rookie, to learn, I'd feel pretty safe in doing a straight up trade. He's basically a more athletic, mature version of Ben who can read defenses better as a really young player (comparing Ben's first year to Luck's)

And I think Newton's attitude problems were overblown by the media. Stretch run of the season he was great and didn't have any problems that I remember. An attitude can be fixed, especially in a winning environment with good guidance, so long as you nip it in the bud. I think he'd do well here. Ben had a shit attitude too when he was Newton's age.

lloydwoodson
02-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Ben at this point is around 12-15th QB in the league but I understand why you wouldn't want to trade him. I wouldn't trade Flacco for another QB either because I have an emotional attachment to him being a Raven. Ben is savvy and tough as nails but he is getting up there in age for the type of QB he has been. :coffee:

You need to put down the bottle and get your ass to your aa meeting. And it's 12 steps not 14. Haha old drunk ass trying to troll.

aa14
02-07-2013, 04:39 PM
You need to put down the bottle and get your ass to your aa meeting. And it's 12 steps not 14. Haha old drunk ass trying to troll.

How about instead of trying to insult fellow posters you try and contribute to the discussion? Calling me an alcoholic does nothing for anyone, grow up.

Lady Steel
02-07-2013, 08:52 PM

:laughing:

Calling me an alcoholic does nothing for anyone

It made me laugh.

aa14
02-07-2013, 08:58 PM
:laughing:

It made me laugh.

Touche.

scottcurtis
02-08-2013, 03:52 AM
http://c10566323.r23.cf2.rackcdn.com/03-28-14_ben-roethlisberger_original.jpg

http://www.trbimg.com/img-502da22b/turbine/la-sp-steelers-roethlisberger-haley-20120817-001/600

http://aeryssports.com/steel-city-blitz/files/2011/08/5999525528_5a77625957_b.jpg

These images are all from 2012. Oh dear, he has a chin roll, so what? I know plenty of people of normal weight who have rolls under their chins.

The fact that you think he's fat illustrates at least one of the following:

1. You're not credible.

2. You have an agenda.

3. You're just a troll.

All three might be true, in fact.

If you think this is the physique that a 100 + million $$$ QB should have your out of your mind..... TOTAL LACK OF ANY DEDICATION ! He is sloppy plain ans simple. It showed at the end of last season. SLOPPY !
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/slochrane/roethlisberger-inside-tao-5701_zps53545644.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/slochrane/roethlisberger-goodelljpg-8f0dfe9be85f4736_large_zps92e9588b.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/slochrane/kjyuu_zpsb3f20327.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/slochrane/images56_zps0c7f296f.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/slochrane/ben-roethlisberger-wears-a-weird-hat-after-losing-to-broncos_zpsc173407c.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/slochrane/BenRoethlisberger2_zpse0c9ec3b.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/slochrane/A2FDC8D1C4FDF138F853B48E1C866_zpse043418a.jpg
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn153/slochrane/03-28-12_ben-roethlisberger_original_zps3736a924.jpg

Not to mention the noodle arms ???? Come on Ben ... put down the booze and Doritos and hit the gym tubby !!!!

aa14
02-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Ben is one of the toughest QB's I've ever seen play. That said, it has been apparent to this Ravens fan he could be a lot better off if he had a little more dedication to losing and then maintaining the weight. As he ages it will be harder and harder to escape from the pocket and this extra weight he carries is going to be a burden on his joints. If he was around Joe Flacco's weight he would save himself a lot of future pain.

SteelersCanada
02-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Curtis, none of those pictures are from last year. Do you have a point?

aa14
02-08-2013, 12:00 PM
Curtis, none of those pictures are from last year. Do you have a point?

He is bigger than previous years so if you think he looks bad in those pictures... :noidea:

SteelersCanada
02-08-2013, 12:12 PM
He is bigger than previous years so if you think he looks bad in those pictures... :noidea:

The discussion was about how he looked in 2012, so he posted pictures about Ben in 2008 and 2009 ... I don't understand.

teegre
02-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Just more proof that BB is our John Elway.

Did you ever see Elway with his shirt off? OMG!!! there was a shot of the QBs, at the Pro Bowl, going down a waterslide... and I thought that I was seeing an O-lineman. nope, it was Elway.

Ergo, if Elways won his last two SuperBowls... pass BB the bacon cheeseburgers!!!

zcoop
02-08-2013, 06:41 PM
The discussion was about how he looked in 2012, so he posted pictures about Ben in 2008 and 2009 ... I don't understand.

I actually think that Ben was in great shape at the beginning of the season. He appeared to have been working out over the offseason.