PDA

View Full Version : The truth really hurts here....FLACCO > BEN

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I guess Steelers Nation is not all about objectivity, or at least certain members.

Edman's thread about Joe Flacco surpassing Big Ben got closed by the admins here-- not for any good reason other than the fools reading the thread are unable to stomach the content without throwing up in the backs of their mouths.

Not one of the people who showed up to flame Edman for his honesty bothered to even address any of his points he made in his post-- all they did was attack Edman for stating what they did not want to hear-- that Joe Flacco is now the BEST QB IN THE AFC NORTH. All they did was to launch a flurry of personal attacks against the poster who had the gaul to point out what everyone has already seen with their own eyes.

Joe Sacko - Playoff Stats thru 13 Games
207 of 373 (55.5%), 2672 yds, 19 TDs, 8 INTs, 86.2 rating, SB MVP (1 for 1)

Big Ben - Playoff Stats thru 14 Games
248 of 409 (60.6%), 3150 yds, 20 TDs, 17 INTs, 83.7 rating, SB MVP (0 for 3)

Ben has failed to get to the postseason with anything less than a top ten defense backing him up. Flacco did not need huge plays, pick-6's from his defense, and special teams plays to get him to his wins or his SB MVP nomination (which he surely deserved, if you watched any of the Raven's playoff run).

Much as I hate to say it-- Flacco has surpassed Big Ben. He carried his team through Denver and New England, and made it so the NFL had to shut the game down to give the 49ers a chance to get back in it.

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-04-2013, 01:18 PM
You can hate Joe Flacco, and his coach, just as much as I. But don't let it cloud your judgement or objectivity. Give credit where it is due.

maddog78
02-04-2013, 01:20 PM
I guess Steelers Nation is not all about objectivity, or at least certain members.

Edman's thread about Joe Flacco surpassing Big Ben got closed by the admins here-- not for any good reason other than the fools reading the thread are unable to stomach the content without throwing up in the backs of their mouths.

Not one of the people who showed up to flame Edman for his honesty bothered to even address any of his points he made in his post-- all they did was attack Edman for stating what they did not want to hear-- that Joe Flacco is now the BEST QB IN THE AFC NORTH. All they did was to launch a flurry of personal attacks against the poster who had the gaul to point out what everyone has already seen with their own eyes.

Ben has failed to get to the postseason with anything less than a top ten defense backing him up. Flacco did not need huge plays, pick-6's from his defense, and special teams plays to get him to his wins or his SB MVP nomination (which he surely deserved, if you watched any of the Raven's playoff run).

Much as I hate to say it-- Flacco has surpassed Big Ben. He carried his team through Denver and New England, and made it so the NFL had to shut the game down to give the 49ers a chance to get back in it.

Flacco didn't need a 109-yard kick return, great leaping catches by his WR, two turnovers from his defense, and a horrible call at the end of the game? He did everything himself?

Ben could have easily won MVP in 43, and Jones could have easily won last night. Seriously, if that's a big part of your criteria, you've got a flawed system.

wwhickok
02-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Lay down the heroine filled needles and stop sniffing cocaine.

Blacksburg Zach
02-04-2013, 01:24 PM

Look, I will admit that Flacco had an absolutely monstrous postseason, but to say that Flacco needed no huge plays from other units of the ball is simply incorrect. The Ravens lose in Denver if Corey Graham doesn't get the pick-six early in the game or the pick at the end of the first overtime, and they lose to the 49ers last night if Jacoby Jones doesn't have the kickoff return for a touchdown.

Steelers>NFL
02-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Flacko offensive line has played brilliantly in this season's playoffs. Once the Ravens swapped out Oher and McKinnie, the offense clicked.
To a point, I do agree with ythe stats you posted. But, then again Flacco never had to go through with the offensive line woes that Ben has gone through the past 2 seasons.
But also want to add, the since 2008 the "quarterback ratings" has been done - Flacco has 3 of the top 10 worst ratings in the 6 plus years. 2 of those games came this past season. With a rating up to 100% point, he had under 1% twice. So when he is bad, he is BADDD!!!!! So there is still two sides of Flacco.