QB Ben Roethlisberger
LOLB LaMarr Woodley
SS Troy Polamalu

Key Cuts

DE Brett Keisel
ROLB James Harrison
FS Ryan Clark

Key Free Agent Signings

FS Ed Reed (this is much more of a dream than a serious thought)

Opponents

Home

Baltimore - W - close home victory
Cincinatti - W – By the skin of our teeth (could go either way)
Cleveland - W - Cleveland gets destroyed
Buffalo - W - Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the most overrated QBs in the league, if he’s still a Bill, he throws 3 picks in this game.
Miami - W – Despite the improvements, I just don’t think Miami is going to be a top team yet. We win this one, albeit in a close and worrisome game.
Chicago - L – This one could go either way
Detroit -W - Keenan Lewis and Ike Taylor earn their cash by shutting down one of the best receivers in the league…even after he catches 3 TD’s. We win this one by 1 point.

Tennessee W - Revenge game, Tennessee gets crushed.

Away

Baltimore L - Another close game but this time, they protect their homeland.
Cincinatti W - Close game, defensive TD clinches it (or it doesn’t)
Cleveland W - the only time this game is close was before the opening kick off.
New England W - New England has one of their few bad games (or they have one of their best)
NY Jets W - New York Circus..need I say more? Seriously..I just don’t see the Jets being good.
Green Bay L - Their offense is still for real, even if their defense isn't.
Minnesota W - This one could go either way, honestly AP plays in purple...scary thought. (or Minnesota pounds us into the ground)
Oakland - W – It’s Oakland, I think we prove to them last season was a fluke. We win by 3 TDs…or I’m wrong…

Best Case Scenario 13-3 - #1 Seed, on the road to #7

Worse Case Scenario 5-11 (losses to Baltimore twice, Cincy twice, Oakland, NE, GB, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, & Tennessee)

I did say, a few different times elsewhere that I believe we will win the division for the next two seasons. I do actually believe that. But at the same time that goes with having a great draft and a major resurgence. There is potential for our 2013 to be anywhere from a 4-12 season to a 14-2(unrealistic) season…it really depends on what happens with our roster, I think 10-6/11-5 is the most realistic

Blacksburg Zach
02-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Home

Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, Detroit,

Tennessee

Away

Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, New England, N.Y. Jets, Green Bay,

Minnesota, Oakland

Key Resignings

FB Doug Johnson

HB Jonathan Dwyer

WR Emmanuel Sanders

DT Steve McClendon

LB Steve McClendon

CB Keenan Lewis

Free Agents that Walk

QB Charlie Batch

QB Byron Leftwich

HB Isaac Redman

HB Rashard Mendenhall

WR Mike Wallace

WR Plaxico Burress

TE Leonard Pope

LT Max Starks

OL Ramon Foster

C Greg Warren

C Doug Legursky

DT Casey Hampton

MLB Larry Foote

LB Brandon Johnson

CB Justin King

FS Ryan Mundy

SS Will Allen

P Jeremy Kapinos

Key Restructures[b]

QB Ben Roethlisberger

LOLB LaMarr Woodley

SS Troy Polamalu

[b]Key Cuts

DE Brett Keisel

ROLB James Harrison

FS Ryan Clark

Key Free Agent Signings

FS Ed Reed (this is much more of a dream than a serious thought)

Opponents

Home

Baltimore - W - close home victory

Cincinatti - W – By the skin of our teeth (could go either way)

Cleveland - W - Cleveland gets destroyed

Buffalo - W - Ryan Fitzpatrick is one of the most overrated QBs in the league, if he’s still a Bill, he throws 3 picks in this game.

Miami - W – Despite the improvements, I just don’t think Miami is going to be a top team yet. We win this one, albeit in a close and worrisome game.

Chicago - L – This one could go either way

Detroit -W - Keenan Lewis and Ike Taylor earn their cash by shutting down one of the best receivers in the league…even after he catches 3 TD’s. We win this one by 1 point.

Tennessee W - Revenge game, Tennessee gets crushed.

Away

Baltimore L - Another close game but this time, they protect their homeland.

Cincinatti W - Close game, defensive TD clinches it (or it doesn’t)

Cleveland W - the only time this game is close was before the opening kick off.

New England W - New England has one of their few bad games (or they have one of their best)

NY Jets W - New York Circus..need I say more? Seriously..I just don’t see the Jets being good.

Green Bay L - Their offense is still for real, even if their defense isn't.

Minnesota W - This one could go either way, honestly AP plays in purple...scary thought. (or Minnesota pounds us into the ground)

Oakland - W – It’s Oakland, I think we prove to them last season was a fluke. We win by 3 TDs…or I’m wrong…

Best Case Scenario 13-3 - #1 Seed, on the road to #7

Worse Case Scenario 5-11 (losses to Baltimore twice, Cincy twice, Oakland, NE, GB, Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago, & Tennessee)

I did say, a few different times elsewhere that I believe we will win the division for the next two seasons. I do actually believe that. But at the same time that goes with having a great draft and a major resurgence. There is potential for our 2013 to be anywhere from a 4-12 season to a 14-2(unrealistic) season…it really depends on what happens with our roster, I think 10-6/11-5 is the most realistic

Don't get too excited about those predictions. The Steelers historically have loved to play down their competition and very rarely blow out opposing teams. However, being the optimist that I am, I am going to predict a 19-0 season and winning Lombardi #7. (I know 19-0 won't happen, but I will remain truly optimistic about hoisting Lombardi #7.)

sloppyjoe
02-04-2013, 12:33 PM
i see at least 4 losses on the road and 2 at home.
11-5 best case, 7-9 worst.
the easy prediction is 9-7 or 10-6. wildcard, first round exit,
rinse, repeat the following year without a playoff appearance

maddog78
02-04-2013, 12:33 PM
If we lose Starks, Foster, and Legursky, the only three linemen who can stay healthy, we'd better pray for a miracle or it's going to be a long year when the injuries start piling up.

wwhickok
02-04-2013, 12:37 PM
I agree with points all 3 of you made. My philosophy is, if youre gonna make a prediction, go big!

And im an over zealous optimist.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-04-2013, 12:38 PM
If we lose Starks, Foster, and Legursky, the only three linemen who can stay healthy, we'd better pray for a miracle or it's going to be a long year when the injuries start piling up.

I see us bringing back legursky

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 12:38 PM

IMO, one of those guys needs to stay. I would love to have Starks back again - but, he does deserve better pay. How much? Not sure right now - that would be an interesting topic in the FO with all the other roster dilemmas in front of them

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-04-2013, 12:53 PM
All im saying is this time next year the Lombardi Trophy will be back in Pittsburgh.

desertsteel
02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
So............................ we could either go 13-3 or 5-11........................... OK

pete74
02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Before you guys make predictions on what games we will win and lose go back and look at last year'sthread on that . It's kinda funny seeing it now

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
yup, fine line

desertsteel
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
I see us bringing back legursky

He's a guy who plugs holes and is still young and getting better. He may get an offer to start somewhere though... and my guess if he does is that he will thrive and succeed, like some other OL that we discarded.

I'd like to see old man Starks back too.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Way too early to make any predictions, especially going off of assumptions of what our roster is going to look like.
as some one else said could be 5-11 could be 13-3, it all depends.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-04-2013, 01:33 PM
He's a guy who plugs holes and is still young and getting better. He may get an offer to start somewhere though... and my guess if he does is that he will thrive and succeed, like some other OL that we discarded.

I'd like to see old man Starks back too.

I would like to see Starks back also but only as a backup cause he has no upside whats so ever it's time for the young players to step up

kent
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
A little premature to make game picks. Id like to see how what the roster looks like come summer and then try to predict. One thing is key for getting in the playoffs is beating the teams we're supposed to beat and beating them handily (Cleveland, Oakland, Tennessee, Buffalo,).

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM
It's too early to make predictions without seeing how the offseason goes. However, I like how you broke it down and made a lucid argument.

Now, if we address RB, OLB and our offensive line stays healthy, we're the best team in the AFC. Easily. Did you guys see how truly mediocre the defenses were in the playoffs? Broncos, Texans and 9ers defenses looked absolutely average. If we can get healthy and productive again (Woodley, lookin' right at you bro) and address the glaring holes on defense (ROLB, S) then we're going to have the number one defense in the NFL again. There was a lot of bitching and complaining about our defense this year and I'll admit, I was guilty of some of that too, but looking at those supposed 'vaunted defenses', it was really eye-opening. Even at our worst, we weren't as bad as Houston was vs. the Patriots.

We just need our offense to buy what Haley is selling and stay healthy. It's not rocket science. If we're able to accomplish that and draft well and acquire a legitimate running back (Lacy, Gillislee, Lattimore or Bernard) we're going to, again, be in the championship hunt with a bye in the first round.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 02:03 PM
It's too early to make predictions without seeing how the offseason goes. However, I like how you broke it down and made a lucid argument.

Now, if we address RB, OLB and our offensive line stays healthy, we're the best team in the AFC. Easily. Did you guys see how truly mediocre the defenses were in the playoffs? Broncos, Texans and 9ers defenses looked absolutely average. If we can get healthy and productive again (Woodley, lookin' right at you bro) and address the glaring holes on defense (ROLB, S) then we're going to have the number one defense in the NFL again. There was a lot of bitching and complaining about our defense this year and I'll admit, I was guilty of some of that too, but looking at those supposed 'vaunted defenses', it was really eye-opening. Even at our worst, we weren't as bad as Houston was vs. the Patriots.

We just need our offense to buy what Haley is selling and stay healthy. It's not rocket science. If we're able to accomplish that and draft well and acquire a legitimate running back (Lacy, Gillislee, Lattimore or Bernard) we're going to, again, be in the championship hunt with a bye in the first round.

Yeah, we had some bad luck this year and still wen't 8-8, we could be a great team next years, just depends on how the ball bounces,and footballs are oblong so it's hard to tell how ones going to bounce :toofunny:

*shuts off sports center*

wwhickok
02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Agree completely with alot of you guys especially the last few posts. The offseason is usually boring especially when we gotta deal with the Heartbreak of La Ravenized SB , figured this would add some fun, i think it did. My 13-3philosophy or 5-11 is so skewed for the reason a lot of you mentioned, no real idea what the final roster will be like. Also i intentionally didnt add any draft picks in because i think if we DID cut all those OL loose we would be picking up UDFA's and that goes into a whole different realm of speculation...id like to see us keep starks also if its a reasonable deal.

charlesk
02-04-2013, 10:01 PM
What makes anyone in Pittsburgh hopeful for the next season (not including crystal meth)? Steelers can't draft worth squat, no running game, a wreck of an offensive line that can't keep the QB upright (who is looking pretty fat nowadays and has lost a step), half the defense over 34 and retiring or getting cut, a gimp SS that can't stay healthy, and average coaching at best. What makes anyone here think all these people will take huge paycuts to stay with the Steelers if moron teams like Oakland will pay them six or eight million for a single year (albeit the Ravens will have a serious decision to make about Reed and how much he is worth for one more year as he is not the player he once was now (thank you Father Time you bastard))? These players have a small window to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible because the cash flow dries up after 36 now. I predict right now the Steelers do not make the playoffs next year. However I also don't think the Ravens will repeat as champs (playoffs easily, but SB a lot tougher). TOO MUCH competition in the AFC and you will have both Manning and Brady playing like men possessed. They each desperately want one more ring. Maybe Houston gets its act together on offense. Cincy is still on the ascent and lets see what Luck can do in season 2 in Indy. Ravens and Bengals will fight for number one in the division.

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 10:19 PM
What makes anyone in Pittsburgh hopeful for the next season (not including crystal meth)? Steelers can't draft worth squat, no running game, a wreck of an offensive line that can't keep the QB upright (who is looking pretty fat nowadays and has lost a step), half the defense over 34 and retiring or getting cut, a gimp SS that can't stay healthy, and average coaching at best. What makes anyone here think all these people will take huge paycuts to stay with the Steelers if moron teams like Oakland will pay them six or eight million for a single year (albeit the Ravens will have a serious decision to make about Reed and how much he is worth for one more year as he is not the player he once was now (thank you Father Time you bastard))? These players have a small window to make as much money as possible as quickly as possible because the cash flow dries up after 36 now. I predict right now the Steelers do not make the playoffs next year. However I also don't think the Ravens will repeat as champs (playoffs easily, but SB a lot tougher). TOO MUCH competition in the AFC and you will have both Manning and Brady playing like men possessed. They each desperately want one more ring. Maybe Houston gets its act together on offense. Cincy is still on the ascent and lets see what Luck can do in season 2 in Indy. Ravens and Bengals will fight for number one in the division.

Why don't you pay Flacco 20 million and watch your team fall apart at the seams? You know, because the Ravens are already in cap hell and paying an average Quarterback 20 million dollars a year pretty much voids free agency, including keeping Ed Reed and the loss of leadership in Stabby-McMiddle-Linebacker? Ignoring the fact that Boldin will have to be cut in order to pay said average Quarterback, the offensive firepower isn't there. Do I have to remind you that Charlie Batch made your secondary look like absolute clowns? You're lucky you didn't have to run into a healthy Roethlisberger this year - it would've been ugly.

I think you have more important things to worry about than posting about our situation for next year. Run along and celebrate your Super Bowl victory but I hope you savor it - it'll be another 12 years before you're back. Don't worry about the Steelers - there's a reason why we bent you over for a decade straight and will continue to do so.

charlesk
02-04-2013, 10:58 PM
Flacco will not get 20 million. It has been standard Ravens practice to Franchise the big guy up for contract renewal. Reed, Suggs, Ngata, and Rice have all been franchised before. He will be franchised. They also want to see how well he does this coming year. Just to make sure this wasn't a fluke. He wants top QB money he needs to show what he can do. Cap room freed up by Lewis' retirement (Matt Birk probably as well who has probably too big of a salary as it is) and we have just two big names to sign on D (Kruger and Ellerbe). Pitta is restricted so he needs to be resigned as well. C. Williams is gone (emergence of C. Graham big reason). Reed will have to play for peanuts (maybe with a big bonus) if he wants to stay with the Ravens. Boldin will be back. Thats a fact. Ravens draft, we don't need free agency.

BTW In regards to us lucking out on not facing BB you should blame your lousy offensive line and substandard RBs for not being able to protect your QB. He gets hit so damn frequently of course he is going to miss a lot of games. BTW Who gets beat down and punked out in jail? Rapists who can't keep their hands to themselves or guys who stabbed two guys fucking with him (although the proof isn't there)? While we are airing dirty laundry your ghetto trash James Harrison let his dog literally rip his kid's face off. Doesn't know how to properly take care of either a child or a dog. Pathetic.

Why don't you pay Flacco 20 million and watch your team fall apart at the seams? You know, because the Ravens are already in cap hell and paying an average Quarterback 20 million dollars a year pretty much voids free agency, including keeping Ed Reed and the loss of leadership in Stabby-McMiddle-Linebacker? Ignoring the fact that Boldin will have to be cut in order to pay said average Quarterback, the offensive firepower isn't there. Do I have to remind you that Charlie Batch made your secondary look like absolute clowns? You're lucky you didn't have to run into a healthy Roethlisberger this year - it would've been ugly.

I think you have more important things to worry about than posting about our situation for next year. Run along and celebrate your Super Bowl victory but I hope you savor it - it'll be another 12 years before you're back. Don't worry about the Steelers - there's a reason why we bent you over for a decade straight and will continue to do so.

teegre
02-04-2013, 11:24 PM
19-0.

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Flacco will not get 20 million. It has been standard Ravens practice to Franchise the big guy up for contract renewal. Reed, Suggs, Ngata, and Rice have all been franchised before. He will be franchised. They also want to see how well he does this coming year. Just to make sure this wasn't a fluke. He wants top QB money he needs to show what he can do. Cap room freed up by Lewis' retirement (Matt Birk probably as well who has probably too big of a salary as it is) and we have just two big names to sign on D (Kruger and Ellerbe). Pitta is restricted so he needs to be resigned as well. C. Williams is gone (emergence of C. Graham big reason). Reed will have to play for peanuts (maybe with a big bonus) if he wants to stay with the Ravens. Boldin will be back. Thats a fact. Ravens draft, we don't need free agency.

BTW In regards to us lucking out on not facing BB you should blame your lousy offensive line and substandard RBs for not being able to protect your QB. He gets hit so damn frequently of course he is going to miss a lot of games. BTW Who gets beat down and punked out in jail? Rapists who can't keep their hands to themselves or guys who stabbed two guys fucking with him (although the proof isn't there)? While we are airing dirty laundry your ghetto trash James Harrison let his dog literally rip his kid's face off. Doesn't know how to properly take care of either a child or a dog. Pathetic.

See, I only skimmed and scanned over this because frankly, I don't really care about the Ravens' situation and I'm not on Ravens boards' talking about it. I suggest you take this conversation to another board.

wwhickok
02-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Youre the kind of fan that makes me hate the Ravens. You remind me of Cary Williams.

Oh and FYI considering how mediocre the Ravens looked in the second half of the SB and how Rice seems to have developed a growing case of fumbilitis, Im going to make this a bold preditction.

Ratbirds finish 7-9

steelfury02
02-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Just like your god-loving leader, you win the SB and are still thinking about us.

I think half of that trophy belongs to the Steelers franchise seeing as your team lives and breathes on what the Steelers and their fanbase think :chuckle:

wootawnee
02-05-2013, 10:02 AM
You can just about guarantee the Oakland game is a Loss......Mark it down now, and work around it......

Look up the stats....... Ben Rothlisberger won one game in his career in the state of California.......2005 San Diego by a field goal...... 0-2 in Oakland

steelfury02
02-05-2013, 10:18 AM
You can just about guarantee the Oakland game is a Loss......Mark it down now, and work around it......

Look up the stats....... Ben Rothlisberger won one game in his career in the state of California.......2005 San Diego by a field goal...... 0-2 in Oakland

I hope this is one of those "as soon as you say it, the opposite will happen"

Yea - we all need to know by now that there is a trend of traveling west and also playing down. BTW - can we just please stop playing the Raiders for a while now - what is this like 3 times in 4 seasons now?

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Disagree about Ryan Clark being released - he has been the Steelers best DB the past 2 seasons

But lots of changes coming - could be a few down years like 1998 - 2000 under Cowher - a series of disappointing drafts are starting to hurt

With regard to the schedule, the Steelers should go to Goodell and say they do not want to play the ravens in the Thursday night opener in Baltimore since the Ravens bitched and moaned about possibly opening the season in Pittsburgh to start the 2009 season

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Flacco will not get 20 million. It has been standard Ravens practice to Franchise the big guy up for contract renewal. Reed, Suggs, Ngata, and Rice have all been franchised before. He will be franchised. They also want to see how well he does this coming year. Just to make sure this wasn't a fluke. He wants top QB money he needs to show what he can do.

You're a goofball.

He just took you to the SB and was named SB MVP. He doesn't have to prove anything anymore to your management. He will demand top money, and rightly so.

Even if you tag him, you will still have to shell out some money to keep a SB MVP QB around.

But is that money you should be spending to try and close the gap that will be left by a departed #52 or to resign Boldin. How much faith do you have in young Joe Flacco? Are you willing to sacrifice your defense to keep him?

Reed will have to play for peanuts (maybe with a big bonus) if he wants to stay with the Ravens. Boldin will be back. Thats a fact. Ravens draft, we don't need free agency.

And if Reed does not take a huge paycut-- what does that mean for your defense? Who are you gonna find in the draft to replace BOTH Ray Lewis and Ed Reed? That would be some feat.

Enjoy your SB victory. I predict a 7-9 for you guys next year.

BTW Who gets beat down and punked out in jail? Rapists who can't keep their hands to themselves or guys who stabbed two guys fucking with him (although the proof isn't there)?

Doesn't really matter since Ray Lewis is the only one who almost went in the can.

While we are airing dirty laundry your ghetto trash James Harrison let his dog literally rip his kid's face off. Doesn't know how to properly take care of either a child or a dog. Pathetic.

No, the dog bit him on the leg, and Harrison was not home at the time, the babysitter was.

Enjoy your SB victory and your unibrowed fraqnchise player, it's back to reality for the Baltimore Browns next year.

charlesk
02-05-2013, 01:50 PM
On a serious note what is there to be positive about in Pittsburgh next season? Poor offensive line play, D getting a major overhaul, no running game and people have to start being worried about Big Ben's future. With the season on the line he blew it big two weeks in a row and cost the Steeler's a shot at the division and possibly playoff glory. His injuries are mounting and he doesn't look quite as mobile as before and once again even the most diehard Steeler fan has to admit the O line is a disaster with few signs of hope. Ravens playoffs next year easily, SB no. Too much competition in the AFC.

PS Harrison treated his dog like a pos which is why the dog bit his kid. Typical ghetto douche owning a Pitbull he can't properly take care and then pretending to be surprised when it attacks (being the trash Harrison is he was probably beating it and neglecting it). My pitbulls have never attacked anyone without me telling them to (especially children).

You're a goofball.

He just took you to the SB and was named SB MVP. He doesn't have to prove anything anymore to your management. He will demand top money, and rightly so.

Even if you tag him, you will still have to shell out some money to keep a SB MVP QB around.

But is that money you should be spending to try and close the gap that will be left by a departed #52 or to resign Boldin. How much faith do you have in young Joe Flacco? Are you willing to sacrifice your defense to keep him?

And if Reed does not take a huge paycut-- what does that mean for your defense? Who are you gonna find in the draft to replace BOTH Ray Lewis and Ed Reed? That would be some feat.

Enjoy your SB victory. I predict a 7-9 for you guys next year.

Doesn't really matter since Ray Lewis is the only one who almost went in the can.

No, the dog bit him on the leg, and Harrison was not home at the time, the babysitter was.

Enjoy your SB victory and your unibrowed fraqnchise player, it's back to reality for the Baltimore Browns next year.

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Poor offensive line play,

The Oline did not play all that poor until everybody got hurt. Ben was on pace to only take about 30-35 sacks this year before things fell apart.

If everyone stays healthy, the Steelers Oline is looking pretty good for next year:

LT - Marcus Gilbert (2nd rd pick)
LG - Kevin Beachum possibly (depends on how Ramon Foster and Willie Colon contract sittuation plays out)
C - Pouncey (1st rd pick, Probowl every year)
RG - David DeCastro (1st rd pick, easy future Probowler)
RT - Mike Adams (2nd rd pick)

D getting a major overhaul,

That will be a very good thing for the Steelers. They have been holding on to several high-priced vets for too long. It has kept $$$$ tied up that could be better spent on some roster depth, so something like the Chargers and Cowboys games don't happen again.

When on the field, the youth movement has outperformed the agining fossils for the last couple seasons anyhow. Time to turn them loose.

no running game

Depends. They should just bring Mendenhall back. The new zone-blocking scheme fits his running style perfectly.

and people have to start being worried about Big Ben's future.

No, we really don't.

Until he got hurt in a fluke accident this year against KC, he was on pace to break all his previous records and was being mentioned in MVP discussions. With another year in Haley's system and a better Oline, he will achieve those numbers next year.

As someone already pointed out-- if your Ravens could not beat Charlie Batch, then they should be happy Ben was hurt for both games. He would have nuked your secondary.

With the season on the line he blew it big two weeks in a row and cost the Steeler's a shot at the division and possibly playoff glory.

He was injured pretty severely a couple weeks prior and became a new father during that timeframe. We can excuse the mistakes because it was obviously due to the circumstances, not his ability.

His injuries are mounting and he doesn't look quite as mobile as before and once again even the most diehard Steeler fan has to admit the O line is a disaster with few signs of hope.

Just because you keep saying it, does not make it so. The Oline has been improving and will continue to next year.

Ravens playoffs next year easily, SB no.

That is just silly.

You guys backed into the playoffs this year, but the difference next year will be-- there won't be any Ray Lewis to carry your team for you. There might not be any Ed Reed either.

If you think you will be able to move on without losing a step-- you are deluding yourself. You don't shed two hall of fame players in one offseason and pick up right where you left off.

Throw in the "post-SB contentment" factor, the usual SB hangover, late draft picks, and I think we can safely assume the Ravens will be competing with Cleveland next year for the AFC North's bottom.

PS Harrison treated his dog like a pos which is why the dog bit his kid.

Since it was mostly a free-roaming dog, I assume you are talking out your ass.

Typical ghetto douche owning a Pitbull he can't properly take care and then pretending to be surprised when it attacks (being the trash Harrison is he was probably beating it and neglecting it).

Yeah, I don't know if you want to be accusing players on other teams of being thugs, when your own team houses:

a) a thug who got away with murder
b) another thug who likes AK-47s and beat up his girlfriend in front of all their illegit kids

My pitbulls have never attacked anyone without me telling them to (especially children)

Tell you what, dumbass. I have NEVER heard the owner of a pitbull that just attacked somebody say:

"Yeah, that dog was really violent. I totally saw this coming."

Nope-- it is always 'but he was such a gentle dog, he never hurt anybody before'. Unless you keep your mutt locked up when your little kids are around-- you are on no higher grouond whatsoever.

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Here is a question for you, CHARLES:

Your guys just won the SB. WTF are you doing trolling a Steelers forum? Do the Pittsburgh Steelers own that much real estate in the minds of every Ravens fan?

When we won our SBs, the Ravens and their stupid fans were like the last thing on our minds....

charlesk
02-05-2013, 03:26 PM
An answer for you my good Sir. Same reason Steeler fans started ten different threads in regards to Ravens the past two days. It's fifty percent schadenfreude and fifty percent gloating that the Ravens are going to steamroll the Steelers next year as well. The tide is definately turning in the Ravens favor now; thanks in part to your lousy front office and questionable coaching.

SteelersCanada
02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
An answer for you my good Sir. Same reason Steeler fans started ten different threads in regards to Ravens the past two days. It's fifty percent schadenfreude and fifty percent gloating that the Ravens are going to steamroll the Steelers next year as well. The tide is definately turning in the Ravens favor now; thanks in part to your lousy front office and questionable coaching.

Questionable coaching, like letting Charlie Batch look like Tom Brady against your secondary. Oh, a secondary that is going to be significantly weaker without Eddy at the helm. I'd love to see how the leadership is on that team with the unibrowed 'elite' Quarterback putting the team on his back and not stabby.

Keep talking shit, though. It's funny to read comments from people that are a) uneducated and b) obviously very young. But, I shouldn't expect more from a Ravens fan, I suppose.

charlesk
02-05-2013, 11:02 PM
Ich kann mehr Sprachen als Sie sprechen (quebecoise si vous preferez Msr.) und Ich verdiene mehr Geld als Sie. Sicherlich.

MaidenIndiana
02-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Ich kann mehr Sprachen als Sie sprechen (quebecoise si vous preferez Msr.) und Ich verdiene mehr Geld als Sie. Sicherlich.
Speak english

StainlessStill
02-05-2013, 11:31 PM

LOL, stream-roll. What a goddamn fluke you frauds were this year. But can't blame you guys. You caught the AFC in its worst year yet when the competition wasn't so vaunted as it was some years ago. Of course, fluke plays help like Ray Rice's 4th and 29 and the real MVP of the season, Jacoby Jones, wins atleast 3-4 games on special teams ALONE when Baltimore slopped all over the field.

Bask in the glamor all you want, you deserve it. The more you reside here only a few days after winning the Super Bowl, the bigger fruitcakes you all become.

Seriously, the tide isn't turning in the slightest. You didn't score one offensive touchdown in one meeting with the Steelers, one who took Jacoby Jones (again) to run a punt back in a 3 point victory all the while going up against a hapless Byron Leftwhich forced to throw to a nobody WR core at the time. We all know what Charlie Batch did IN Baltimore, carving up the most overrated team in football in their house, starting Baltimore's 4/5 losing skid.

It wasn't until you drew a very unprepared and young Colts team in the WC round missing the damn COACH OF THE YEAR due to illness, fueling off of RayRay's retirement party and a sheer MIRACLE throw against Denver to send the game into overtime and Denver's conservativeness for the win.

I don't expect Baltimore to get so many damn flukieness, fraudulent bounces for another entire season in '13. Bank on it.

PS: We'll see how "lousy" your front office can become tied down to one mediocre QB to the tune of 20 million dollars! Say goodbye to entire talent that carried Flacco's ass to begin with. Those big, bad, clutch wideouts like Boldin won't be around forever plucking aimlessly jumpballs out of the air for Flacco's entire career. Believe that.

aa14
02-05-2013, 11:39 PM
LOL, stream-roll. What a goddamn fluke you frauds were this year. But can't blame you guys. You caught the AFC in its worst year yet when the competition wasn't so vaunted as it was some years ago. Of course, fluke plays help like Ray Rice's 4th and 29 and the real MVP of the season, Jacoby Jones, wins atleast 3-4 games on special teams ALONE when Baltimore slopped all over the field.

I assure you, Ratfuck. Bask in the glamor all you want, you deserve it. The more you reside here only a few days after winning the Super Bowl, the bigger fruitcakes you all become.

Seriously, the tide isn't turning in the slightest. You didn't score one offensive touchdown in one meeting with the Steelers, one who took Jacoby Jones (again) to run a punt back in a 3 point victory all the while going up against a hapless Byron Leftwhich forced to throw to a nobody WR core at the time. We all know what Charlie Batch did IN Baltimore, carving up the most overrated team in football in their house, starting Baltimore's 4/5 losing skid.

It wasn't until you drew a very unprepared and young Colts team in the WC round missing the damn COACH OF THE YEAR due to illness, fueling off of RayRay's retirement party and a sheer MIRACLE throw against Denver to send the game into overtime and Denver's conservativeness for the win.

I don't expect Baltimore to get so many damn flukieness, fraudulent bounces for another entire season in '13. Bank on it.

PS: We'll see how "lousy" your front office can become tied down to one mediocre QB to the tune of 20 million dollars! Say goodbye to entire talent that carried Flacco's ass to begin with. Those big, bad, clutch wideouts like Boldin won't be around forever plucking aimlessly jumpballs out of the air for Flacco's entire career. Believe that.

LOL! Those tears are salty. Flacco is a superbowl MVP. Deal with it. Hope you enjoyed watching the only important football of the year without a dog in the hunt. I'll be honest, I can see the Steelers competing for the WC /w CIN but Dalton is rising and Ben is getting older and injury prone. Ben was the best QB in the division for a long time but times are changing. The sooner you find a coping mechanism the better it will be for all. Cheers, buddy! :drink:

teegre
02-05-2013, 11:44 PM
LOL! Those tears are salty. Flacco is a superbowl MVP. Deal with it. Hope you enjoyed watching the only important football of the year without a dog in the hunt. I'll be honest, I can see the Steelers competing for the WC /w CIN but Dalton is rising and Ben is getting older and injury prone. Ben was the best QB in the division for a long time but times are changing. The sooner you find a coping mechanism the better it will be for all. Cheers, buddy! :drink:

Before he got sacked & injured, BB was not only the best QB in the AFCN, he was one of the best QBs in the entire NFL (i.e. a contender for the MVP).

I hear what your saying about him having to stay healthy... agreed: one can not win anything from the sidelines. But, he WILL heal... and WILL be right back to where he was right before the injury: having a career season.

StainlessStill
02-05-2013, 11:45 PM

Not salty at ALL. It's exactly what's needed, actually. How did your tears taste after we went to 3 Super Bowls in 5 years? How did your tears taste when we whipped that ass to a Lombardi in the AFC Title game? How did yours taste from an epic comeback in 2010 divisional round (one San Fran ALMOST and SHOULD of duplicated from 5 yards within' in the Super Bowl) ?

It's football. All those seasons, you were forced to get better and challenge us. Don't think for a second we aren't one or two more injury-free games away from qualifying for the playoffs and knocking your ass out of them again. We're capable.

As for Ben, he's still the best QB in the division. He was having a career year and considered league MVP before severing his ribs while Flacco was putting up negative QBR ratings! Flacco is a 23 TD to 13 INT ratio kind of guy with a few PUTRID QBR performances to show for it. Like I said, can't push the field down to nobody when you can't mix and match your salary cap to keep guys like Boldin and Smith around! Good luck. We'll be waiting.

aa14
02-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Not saly at ALL. It's exactly what's needed, actually. How did your tears taste after we went to 3 Super Bowls in 5 years? How did your tears taste when we whipped that ass to a Lombardi in the AFC Title game? How did yours taste from an epic comeback in 2010 divisional round (one San Fran ALMOST and SHOULD of duplicated from 5 yards within' in the Super Bowl) ?

Saltier than I thought. See that's the thing, I wasn't moaning and wailing like you are. Take it like a man. I respect the Steelers organization as much as any team in the league but it has some real cry-baby fans.:helmet:

StainlessStill
02-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Saltier than I thought. See that's the thing, I wasn't moaning and wailing like you are. Take it like a man. I respect the Steelers organization as much as any team in the league but it has some real cry-baby fans.:helmet:

Trust me, I respect Baltimore's organization, too. It's an honor for a team to model their entire existance off of the Steelers just to compete with them.

Again, not salty, passionate. Honestly, I really don't care what you, or any other purple-pushers think about us. I really don't. You seriously come on here and troll the shit out of us and expect us to "take it like a man?" You sir, can go fuck yourself! See you in 2013.

As I said, good luck trying to play that jig-saw puzzle that will now be your salary cap paying a mediocre QB 20 million dollars, which means nobody on the opposite end of those aimlessly jumpballs Anquan Boldin is so good at pulling down. How ironic the Super Bowl will truly become Baltimore's downfall. Eyebrow can never, ever step in Ray Lewis's shadow and lead a football team to another championship. Douche is the douche of all douche's.

aa14
02-06-2013, 12:23 AM
Trust me, I respect Baltimore's organization, too. It's an honor for a team to model their entire existance off of the Steelers just to compete with them.

Again, not salty, passionate. Honestly, I really don't care what you, or any other purple-pushers think about us. I really don't. You seriously come on here and troll the shit out of us and expect us to "take it like a man?" You sir, can go fuck yourself! See you in 2013.

As I said, good luck trying to play that jig-saw puzzle that will now be your salary cap paying a mediocre QB 20 million dollars, which means nobody on the opposite end of those aimlessly jumpballs Anquan Boldin is so good at pulling down. How ironic the Super Bowl will truly become Baltimore's downfall. Eyebrow can never, ever step in Ray Lewis's shadow and lead a football team to another championship. Douche is the douche of all douche's.

I only responded to your deluded and petulant rant. Maybe if you didn't whine so much no one would bug you. Trolling? I'm just making sure everyone knows the hyperbolic drivel when they see it.

MACH1
02-06-2013, 12:25 AM
I only responded to your deluded and petulant rant. Maybe if you didn't whine so much no one would bug you. Trolling? I'm just making sure everyone knows the hyperbolic drivel when they see it.

The only reason your here is to stir up shit. You can easily be shown the door.

StainlessStill
02-06-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm just here, on my teams boards and team community (hint, hint) defending the word and not afraid to go toe to toe when I see a ***** Ravens fan crossing over after they won the Super Bowl and feeling the need to correct our way of thinking. Seriously dude, seeing only 1 of your 40 lousy posts around here isn't the way I usually handle good and well thought out debates. Responding to me, a STEELERS fan, on a STEELERS forum, only makes you look like a bigger dolt than you already are for coming here in the first place, creep.

StainlessStill
02-06-2013, 12:37 AM
Maybe if he see's this, it'll scare him away to the hole he crawled out from under:

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5040561573266791&pid=15.1

Lmao.

lloydwoodson
02-06-2013, 04:00 AM
I'm just here, on my teams boards and team community (hint, hint) defending the word and not afraid to go toe to toe when I see a ***** Ravens fan crossing over after they won the Super Bowl and feeling the need to correct our way of thinking. Seriously dude, seeing only 1 of your 40 lousy posts around here isn't the way I usually handle good and well thought out debates. Responding to me, a STEELERS fan, on a STEELERS forum, only makes you look like a bigger dolt than you already are for coming here in the first place, creep.

Yep. There was not one Ravens fan on this forum that was confident they were going to even make it to the Superbowl let alone win it. They all rush on this forum after the fact to hype the team they didn't believe in in the first place. All 40 posts came immediately following Ravens wins no doubt. They are no where to be seen after sustaining beatings at the hands of the Steelers. Flacco is 2-6 vs Roethlisberger and 0-1 vs Charlie Batch. Ravens fans, why don't you show up the next time the Steelers embarass you? Please? Thanks in advance.

wwhickok
02-06-2013, 04:29 AM

Listen very closely because despite all of our possible issues I am very confident in this.

The STEELERS are winning the division for the next two seasons.

charlesk
02-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Listen very closely because despite all of our possible issues I am very confident in this.

The STEELERS are winning the division for the next two seasons.

We will have to find a good escrow agent online to lay a wager with. I will also plan on being in Pittsburgh when the 2013 Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens visit so we can take care of the bet there if you wish.

steelerschik
02-06-2013, 08:25 AM
We will have to find a good escrow agent online to lay a wager with. I will also plan on being in Pittsburgh when the 2013 Super Bowl Champion Baltimore Ravens visit so we can take care of the bet there if you wish.

Dear God just stop already. The Ravens are a mediocre team that got hot and healthy when the time was right. Big deal. They won the SB, goodie for them. You ravens fans are hysterical. They win one SB in like over a decade and you all act like they've won the last 10. WTF you guys are here, on a Steelers board chest pumping is beyond me. The Steelers have 6 SBs, 2 is nothing. It's just beyond ridiculous. Go to the ravens board and beat your chests there, you guys are the only ones who care about the ravens anyway.

steelfury02
02-06-2013, 08:32 AM

hey buddy - you're guy just won 1 SB, like ours already did

The 17 year old franchise comparing sizes to one that's been around since the 30s. Makes me laugh.

Here's a reminder for you: Your guys will know for the first time what having a target on their backs means, and you'll be losing some key cogs. Congratulations on your SB victory - but please, lousy front office? Haha - make me laugh.

steelerschik
02-06-2013, 08:37 AM

The 17 year old franchise comparing sizes to one that's been around since the 30s. Makes me laugh.

Here's a reminder for you: Your guys will know for the first time what having a target on their backs means, and you'll be losing some key cogs. Congratulations on your SB victory - but please, lousy front office? Haha - make me laugh.

HAHA, yeah. They never quit. They're like the little brother that has been in the background for so long that once they do one thing special, they have to keep annoucing it looking for praise. MOST....ANNOYING....FANS....ON....THE....PLANET. And the lousy front office comment, LOL, proves even more they know less than nothing when it comes to football let alone the Steelers. Ain't that right Baltimore Browns?

JeromeBetties63
02-06-2013, 09:16 AM
HAHA, yeah. They never quit. They're like the little brother that has been in the background for so long that once they do one thing special, they have to keep annoucing it looking for praise. MOST....ANNOYING....FANS....ON....THE....PLANET. And the lousy front office comment, LOL, proves even more they know less than nothing when it comes to football let alone the Steelers. Ain't that right Baltimore Browns?

Funny that by their own admission they emulated the Steelers. Obviously the football minds in Baltimore don't think the Steelers have a lousy front office...just their clueless fans. I have always said, I respect the Ravens....but not most of their fans.

steelfury02
02-06-2013, 09:33 AM
spot on Mr. Purple poopy pants. Of course the Steelers can't own the division every single season and of course someone else other than us is going to win the SB. But, consistently winning over time? That's the Steelers and that's the end of the comparison.

Sure - 17 years in the league and 2 SBs - that is impressive - but you better believe you'll go through a dry spell like every single organization has had to. I'd be worried because as fans you haven't had to experience it yet - it is painful, and it will happen to Ravens and their fans - its only a matter of time. You have 8-10 years with Flacco and you better enjoy them. Chances are you might get another 1-2 SBs and then take a deep breathe and enjoy watching the Steelers dominate for a while again - we both know deep down the Bengals are 1 more choice away from imploding yet again. Don't bring the Bengals in to the convo please - that just shows how little football knowledge you have - you're the champs, thought you would know more by now.

StainlessStill
02-06-2013, 01:20 PM

Do it, bigmouth. Listen, Mark Sanchez and the Jets went to 2 straight AFC Title games and within a few years they are a laughing stock. Why? Having the need to pay a QB who are only good as the players around him.

Flacco can't manage an offense for the life of him but is bailed out by so many other factors going on on other sides of the field. Those things will be takin away from him when he will be the SOLE leader of that franchise and Baltimore needing to mix and match the entire landscape of the team to keep guys in their competitive positions.

You made a deal with the devil. The Ravens showed they won the Super Bowl, but they also showed they got there with flukey plays when the real dominant force in the division missed things by one game with a parade of injuries. You will have to do wonders within your salary cap like we had to do for YEARS, with a very less talented QB in overall body of work, all the while forcing the Steelers to buckle down, and get better.

Good luck with the target on your back. Sometimes, it aint pretty!

StainlessStill
02-06-2013, 01:30 PM

In one breath, he calls the Steelers FO lousy (LMAO) and then turns around and says he respects the Steelers organization in a response in the heat of the argument. I don't care if they are Super Bowl champions, they still reside in the AFC North and have to deal with us. Not a good team to consistently needing to beat! I don't expect this reign to be TOO long.

sluggermatt15
02-06-2013, 02:35 PM

I agree. The Steelers have had the same philosophy for years - to draft and develop players - and they have been nothing but successful! Why do you think other teams copy them and adopt their zone blitzing defensive schemes, 3-4 defense, etc.? Because they have demonstrated that it works, and works very well. Making a big splash in the free agent market doesn't always work out. Just ask the Philadelphia Eagles, Dallas Cowboys, and New York Jets....

I wish you Ravens fans would have your facts straight before you make such false statements.