PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore and Pittsburg have something else in common

cowherpower
02-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Just re watched the SB and I have to say, the Ravens lucked out about as much as we did versus Seattle. In SB vs Seattle there were 4 or 5 controversial plays that many including Steelers fans admit were pretty ticky tack. I personally think only the small push off in the end zone negating a TD was a bad call. After seeing this SB twice now and second time in slow motion I can point to several plays/calls that went Ravens way that on any other Sunday wouldn't have and for sure would have changed complexion of that game. Here are the major ones. Paul Kruger was offsides on a sack, Ed Reed offsides on two point conversion, the hold in the end zone on last play, pushing ref with no repurcussions, and to me the most egregious, the mugging two man hold on the kickoff return to start second half (I have still yet to hear anyone comment on this). There were a couple of plays that SF maybe got away with but for the most part, Ravens got the calls and those calls were huge in determining the outcome of the game. I would put it on par with our SEA win and making it the worst I have seen.

Yes Jim got out coached. Why they didn't use Gore more (why was James in instead of him when he fumbled), could have went to other WR than Crabtree at the end, ill prepared in first half, etc. but if you half the calls Ravens got it's a different game. Same as us against SEA. So hopefully Ravens fans get the same whining and complaints we've had to deal with about that game because people still see our win as tainted.

Steelers>NFL
02-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Agree 100%. That is why I am not going around saying the SB was handed to the Ratbirds. Or the Ratbirds got lucky because of bad calls. Cuz the Steelers were lucky to beat Seattle do to referees etc.

steelfury02
02-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Where is Pittsburg?

WVABE
02-04-2013, 01:10 PM
in Kansas.

Fire Haley
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
So hopefully Ravens fans get the same whining and complaints we've had to deal with about that game because people still see our win as tainted.

it's already started

ha ha - 49ers fans sound just like Seattles - giving the game an asterisk for the cheating refs...after their crashed board came back up I got a chuckle from the game day thread at the end

"We got robbed!"

No I'm not going to be a good sport about this. We got robbed and everybody from here to the north pole knows. Now we know how Seahawks's fans felt, Ray Lewis got the Bettis 'going out on top' treatment from the league. It was rigged

Fire Haley
02-04-2013, 01:20 PM
no ejection?

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1425569/refshove.gif

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Everyone shut up about baltimore! lol

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 01:23 PM
I can't believe he didnt get shit for pushing a ref, I didn't even notice when I was watching, what a punk.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-04-2013, 01:28 PM
the push was uncalled for but if you're in a scuffle on the field and someone knocks off your helmet you're going to get up and push who ever is close to you it's a reaction the ref knew it that's why he didn't do anything.

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
the push was uncalled for but if you're in a scuffle on the field and someone knocks off your helmet you're going to get up and push who ever is close to you it's a reaction the ref knew it that's why he didn't do anything.

Can you imagine if Harrison did that? Instant ejection and fine.

Vis
02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Where is Pittsburg?

Mods, please correct the title. It's embarrassing on its face

Fire Haley
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
I didn't even notice when I was watching, what a punk.

that's why I'm here to educate you, young grasshopper

they are just beginning...

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/

"We wuz robbed!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCPeqO2CcAA1N-4.jpg:large

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Can you imagine if Harrison did that? Instant ejection and fine.

It's possible but who knows he hasn't been in that situation...most players might be to scared to mess with Harrison's helmet.

wwhickok
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Cary Williams will be serving a 3 game suspension next season (purely speculation)

Steelers>NFL
02-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Cary Williams will be serving a 3 game suspension next season (purely speculation)

nah. it was purely an accident.

wwhickok
02-04-2013, 03:48 PM
nah. it was purely an accident.

You are being sarcastic right??

cowherpower
02-04-2013, 10:38 PM
Mods, please correct the title. It's embarrassing on its face

Holy Shit relax, it was a typo...geez

teegre
02-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Apples & oranges.

The bad call against the 49ers came on the final drive, final play, final chance to win. There was not any time for them to recovery from the botched call. Plus, the score was close enough that the final play mattered.

The Seahawks had a few "questionable" calls, but those calls came early... and they had three quarters to recovery. Plus, they lost by 11... and, even if those calls go their way, the score goes from 21-10 to 17-14... which is still a loss.

lipps83
02-05-2013, 09:53 AM
I don't understand why when a penalty is called against the team you are rooting for, people say "just let them play the game".

When a penatly is called in your favor "that's a good call".

You can't have it both ways. Refs are going to let some calls go, that's life. They are not going to see some penalties and can't throw a flag, that's life.

Accept it for what it is.

wwhickok
02-05-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't understand why when a penalty is called against the team you are rooting for, people say "just let them play the game".

When a penatly is called in your favor "that's a good call".

You can't have it both ways. Refs are going to let some calls go, that's life. They are not going to see some penalties and can't throw a flag, that's life.

Accept it for what it is.

Except the call in the SB more than likely would have resulted in a Ravens loss. The Seahawks would STILL have lost.

steelfury02
02-05-2013, 09:58 AM

lol you had to know someone would razz you about it:chuckle: We are all very proud after all :flap:

JeromeBetties63
02-05-2013, 10:02 AM

No...you just can't make that mistake.

Gnutella
02-05-2013, 11:44 AM
People who live on the Pacific coast whining about "fairness." Gee, imagine that. All we need to know about people's judgment out there is that the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has had their rulings overturned more than any other federal appellate court. Life ain't "fair" when people out their don't get their way.

I have no sympathy for the 49ers. The same thing their fans arguing about now, Falcons fans could argue about against the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game. Roddy White was being pulled to the ground on the last play of the Falcons' last drive. No flag, 49ers win. I had no sympathy for the Falcons either, considering they blew a 17-point halftime lead at home.

If anything, the 49ers got lucky when Haloti Ngata got hurt, because the Ravens struggled to stop the run in his absence. If Ngata didn't get hurt, then the game wouldn't have even been close.

JeromeBetties63
02-05-2013, 12:14 PM
If Ngata didn't get hurt, then the game wouldn't have even been close.

If Ben doesn't get hurt, the Steelers make the playoffs. Injuries are part of the NFL world, bro. That argument makes no sense. :banging:

Gnutella
02-05-2013, 12:37 PM
If Ben doesn't get hurt, the Steelers make the playoffs. Injuries are part of the NFL world, bro. That argument makes no sense. :banging:

Injuries are part of the game, but my argument makes plenty of sense. As luck would have it, Haloti Ngata was the Raven who got hurt. He's one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL. If the Raven who got hurt was, say, Courtney Upshaw, then the impact on the Ravens defense would have been less negative. In Chess, if you lose a pawn, so what? If you lose a knight, then it stings a bit, and if you lose your queen, then it stings a lot. The 49ers are lucky the Ravens lost one of their stronger Chess pieces. That enabled them to get back in the game as quickly as they did.

JeromeBetties63
02-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Injuries are part of the game, but my argument makes plenty of sense. As luck would have it, Haloti Ngata was the Raven who got hurt. He's one of the best defensive linemen in the NFL. If the Raven who got hurt was, say, Courtney Upshaw, then the impact on the Ravens defense would have been less negative. In Chess, if you lose a pawn, so what? If you lose a knight, then it stings a bit, and if you lose your queen, then it stings a lot. The 49ers are lucky the Ravens lost one of their stronger Chess pieces. That enabled them to get back in the game as quickly as they did.

You gotta play with who you have. Maybe Ngata woulda got a stupid roughing the passer penalty and extended a 49er drive that changed the game. As luck would have it, Ben got hurt so the Steelers missed the playoffs and the Ravens won the SB. :tt04:

sw04ca
02-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Whiners gonna whine. Honestly, I appreciated the whole 'Let 'em play' thing. The refs kept the flags in the pocket, and they called the game consistently all the way through. This was one of the best Superbowls I can remember vis-a-vis the officiating.