PDA

View Full Version : You have to go into the playoffs hot?

maddog78
02-04-2013, 03:58 PM
The Ravens sure weren't. Nobody outside of Baltimore was picking them to do anything, and probably not even there.

Every SB Champ since 2005 except the Steelers has lost two or more December games. The Steelers lost one in 2005 and one in 2008.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Whats your point? Whats this have to do with the Steelers? move this thread.

maddog78
02-04-2013, 04:01 PM
Whats your point? Whats this have to do with the Steelers? move this thread.

It has as much to do about the Steelers as Colin Kaepernick.

BlaZeQuietly
02-04-2013, 04:04 PM
I didn't start that thread in the steelers forums, nor did I start that thread, you are comparing apples and oranges which you seem to do on a regular basis, worst thread ever, worst member ever, close thread, ban member.

maddog78
02-04-2013, 04:06 PM
I didn't start that thread in the steelers forums, nor did I start that thread, you are comparing apples and oranges which you seem to do on a regular basis, worst thread ever, worst member ever, close thread, ban member.

Aw, is someone butt hurt? Go have some milk and cookies, kid. Maybe play some X-box.

lloydwoodson
02-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Haha Blaze is too funny... easily the most entertaining member on this board.

zcoop
02-04-2013, 10:27 PM
Aw, is someone butt hurt? Go have some milk and cookies, kid. Maybe play some X-box.

Damn, not Milk and Cookies Bernie Mack style? :sofunny:

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 10:40 PM

Now you know how we feel when you say smart things like 'Trade Ben for Colin Kaepernick' and 'Kaepernick is a better Quarterback than Roethlisberger'. Yeah, it sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it?

But, on topic, I don't think you have to but it certainly helps. The amount of bullshit fluke plays the Ravens advanced in the playoffs on was insane. That kind of stuff doesn't happen twice.

Gnutella
02-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Health is a much bigger factor than momentum. Show me a 12-4 team that suffers a rash of injuries late in the season, and I'll show you a one-and-done playoff team. Show me a 10-6 team that squeaks into the playoffs just as they return to near-full health, and I'll show you a dangerous team that could make a deep playoff run.

steelfury02
02-05-2013, 12:46 PM
is this where I get the free treats?

jacobo
02-05-2013, 05:09 PM
Didn't they get hot immediately after Ray announced he would retire?

Yeah, there's your answer

sluggermatt15
02-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Heck no, a team does not have to be on a roll entering the playoffs. Look at the past 2 SB winners. The Giants in 2011 slumped into the postseason, then started playing great football. Same with Baltimore this past season. The playoffs are a whole NEW season. I believe a lot of fans forget that aspect. The regular season is supposed to reward teams by setting them up for the best chance to win in the playoffs, not guarantee them a championship.

lloydwoodson
02-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Teams that have locked a playoff spot often rest their starters during the final game/s of the regular season. This could impact their W-L for December.

Regardless, Blaze's point still stands. This has absolutely nothing to do with the Pittsburgh Steelers who were not even in the playoffs this year.

Move thread, close thread yada yada yada.

BlaZeQuietly
02-09-2013, 02:07 AM
Now you know how we feel when you say smart things like 'Trade Ben for Colin Kaepernick' and 'Kaepernick is a better Quarterback than Roethlisberger'. Yeah, it sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it?

But, on topic, I don't think you have to but it certainly helps. The amount of bullshit fluke plays the Ravens advanced in the playoffs on was insane. That kind of stuff doesn't happen twice.

I never said any of those things verbatim so I don't know why you have quotations around it, unless that's a canadian thing. Someone else actually first said they would trade Ben for Colin and to be completely honest I probably would because I think Kaepernick will have a great career, will probably play for another 10-12 years, ben only for another 3-5. Thats MY opinion, I could be wrong. As far as Kaepernick being the better quarterback right now, he really isn't Ben's a lot smarter and more experienced, but in 5 years I bet Colin will be better than ben is, then ben will retire and Colin will continue to be great. This thread was so stupid that people are basically just carring on debates from different threads on this one, however when I make one negative thread mach1 shits all over it because he hates liberals such as my self. Someone mentioned X-Box, yeah I play X-Box, so the fuck what?

BlaZeQuietly
02-09-2013, 02:16 AM
In fact in madden 13 I traded Ben for Colin, simulated the entire season, we went 14-2 and beat the 49ers in the superbowl when they had Ben for their starting quarterback, so I think that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Kaepernick is better than Ben. You can't argue with science, well unless you believe in God, like some kind of doctor killing conservative. I just saw on ESPN that the Steelers are planning on trading our first pick in 2013 and first and second pick in 2014 for Alex Smith. Thats crazy, what are we going to do use him as a back up? Or is this a message to Ben that hes on the hot seat?

Buddha Bus
02-09-2013, 06:29 AM
In fact in madden 13 I traded Ben for Colin, simulated the entire season, we went 14-2 and beat the 49ers in the superbowl when they had Ben for their starting quarterback, so I think that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Kaepernick is better than Ben.

Well I'm convinced. Who can argue with "science" like that? Fire Colbert and hire the resident joystick GM so we can get this sinking ship righted pronto!

Buddha Bus
02-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Does Alex Smith know you traded for Kaepernick and not him yet? That is going to be one awkward Valentine's Day dinner with your bromance next week. You'd better double up on the roses and lube.

aa14
02-09-2013, 10:40 AM
As others have said, the Ravens didn't go into the playoffs hot. At least not from their nov-dec play.

pete74
02-09-2013, 11:25 AM
As others have said, the Ravens didn't go into the playoffs hot. At least not from their nov-dec play.

But they got hot once they were in and that'swhat matters . They played very well offensively and Flacco looked unstoppable

Blacksburg Zach
02-09-2013, 03:19 PM
In fact in madden 13 I traded Ben for Colin, simulated the entire season, we went 14-2 and beat the 49ers in the superbowl when they had Ben for their starting quarterback, so I think that proves beyond a reasonable doubt that Kaepernick is better than Ben. You can't argue with science, well unless you believe in God, like some kind of doctor killing conservative. I just saw on ESPN that the Steelers are planning on trading our first pick in 2013 and first and second pick in 2014 for Alex Smith. Thats crazy, what are we going to do use him as a back up? Or is this a message to Ben that hes on the hot seat?

Right, because how a player does in Madden definitely dictates his performances in real life.:doh: Michael Vick was an unstoppable beast in Madden 2004, so he must have been the best quarterback in the league in reality at that point, right?:doh: And there's no way Alex Smith comes here when he wants out of San Francisco so he won't be warming the bench, which is exactly what he would be doing if he came here. Also, no organization trades a 1st and 2nd for a backup quarterback, except maybe the Jets or the Raiders.

teegre
02-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Fuck Madden!!! That stupid GAME has nothing to do with real football. I am the far better allegory. Madden... really???... sheez!!!
Sincerely,
Techmo Bowl

SteelersCanada
02-09-2013, 06:24 PM
See, other people said what I had to say.

As long as you did it in Madden, that should convince Colbert.

BlaZeQuietly
02-10-2013, 08:51 PM
The madden shit was a joke you schmuts

sluggermatt15
02-16-2013, 11:40 AM
But they got hot once they were in and that'swhat matters . They played very well offensively and Flacco looked unstoppable

Right. The playoffs are essentially a "second season." Every team starts fresh and has a new start, and an equal chance (minus playing on the road or at home) to win. Once the playoffs start, what was done in the regular season is meaningless.