PDA

View Full Version : Woodley "Joe Flacco will not win a SB in this lifetime"

Penn
02-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Oops

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28452/woodley-flacco-wont-win-a-super-bowl

VaDave
02-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Falls under the heading "Famous Last Words".....

Fire Haley
02-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Woodley died?

maddog78
02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Yes, this was one good thing about the Ravens winning. Maybe it will STFU the arrogant fat cats on the Steelers.

The Steelers are the third best team in the division and need to stop thinking they will win by simply showing up.

Edman
02-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Not only won one, but got named MVP to boot.

A whole hearted fuck you to the Overpaid WoodenDong and a big F U to the Fatcat Steelers.

Twentyvalve
02-04-2013, 06:01 PM
If this does not motivate the team, they are hopeless. The Steelers could learn a lot by studying the Ravens play football. Those guys played like they wanted to win. Sheer willpower goes a long way.

Oops

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/28452/woodley-flacco-wont-win-a-super-bowl

pete74
02-04-2013, 06:02 PM
I remember Woodley saying that and was hoping someone would bring it up

OX1947
02-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Lotta daggers to your own team in here. Relax, go look in the mirror and decide if you really like the Steelers.

Penn
02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Lotta daggers to your own team in here. Relax, go look in the mirror and decide if you really like the Steelers.

So we can only discuss positive things regarding the Steelers? I have a question then, why is anybody on this forum this year?

Bayz101
02-04-2013, 06:18 PM
So we can only discuss positive things regarding the Steelers? I have a question then, why is anybody on this forum this year?

The funny thing is, we didn't even have a losing season. :sofunny:

Cheer up. It's not that you CAN'T bitch and moan, it's that you can't do it CONSTANTLY. Same old people bitching about the same old shit and topics start getting closed. When the Steelers are winning games, those who bitch when their losing don't even show up. Why?

They like to bitch and moan.

Some arguments and discussions involving the Steelers and their struggles are relative, and they won't suffer the same fate as others. But most of the time, it's the same subject, and it's the same subject matter, and we get rid of it.

I happen to believe this subject is worth discussing. Woodley opened his mouth and now he looks stupid, although I wouldn't say that Flacco WON that Super Bowl. I'd say the RAVENS won that Super Bowl, don't you agree?

dez09231
02-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Listening to the show with him and Emmanuel Sanders, most of the time Woodley opens his mouth he sounds stupid.

Fire Haley
02-04-2013, 07:41 PM
defense is way too cocky, I blame Tomlin

Penn
02-04-2013, 07:59 PM
The funny thing is, we didn't even have a losing season. :sofunny:

Cheer up. It's not that you CAN'T bitch and moan, it's that you can't do it CONSTANTLY. Same old people bitching about the same old shit and topics start getting closed. When the Steelers are winning games, those who bitch when their losing don't even show up. Why?

They like to bitch and moan.

Some arguments and discussions involving the Steelers and their struggles are relative, and they won't suffer the same fate as others. But most of the time, it's the same subject, and it's the same subject matter, and we get rid of it.

I happen to believe this subject is worth discussing. Woodley opened his mouth and now he looks stupid, although I wouldn't say that Flacco WON that Super Bowl. I'd say the RAVENS won that Super Bowl, don't you agree?

He said flacco will never even make a superbowl because they would have to go through the Steelers

oops again

Flacco did his part and thats anyone can ask of him, Woodley looks like an idiot right now. Hopefully this motivates him to lose 30 pounds. Watch 2008 the superbowl again and look at how much thinner woodley used to be

SteelersCanada
02-04-2013, 08:19 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again - Ray Rice means more to that offense than Flacco does. Here's to hoping they give him that 100 million + deal that he wants - he's still not a top 10 Quarterback. :cheers:

fer522
02-04-2013, 08:36 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again - Ray Rice means more to that offense than Flacco does. Here's to hoping they give him that 100 million + deal that he wants - he's still not a top 10 Quarterback. :cheers:

Stop using drugs bro they're fucking up your brain !!!!!

Bayz101
02-04-2013, 09:21 PM

I can think of many players that mean more to the Ravens, but Ray Rice certainly didn't win that Super Bowl for them, and honestly, Flacco showed up, Rice didn't.

What did Rice have --- 59 yards and a fumble? No touchdowns?

:sofunny:

Give Flacco the 100 Million. I don't think he's consistent enough to make it a worthy price, but when it matters the most, Flacco did more for the offense than Rice did with his fumbles and 60 yards.

Kingmagyar
02-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Flacco's passing game is like a long distance Basketball passing game. It's crazy. Not sure how long that will last. Receiver runs to a predertermined spot and outjumps smaller DB for the pass which is thrown to give Flacco credit accurately to only a spot the outstretched arms of the receiver can grab it and most often when the DB has his head turned away from the ball, just like in Basketball. And they run these plays all the time. Did San Fran even study tape on these guys?

and what the Steelers have to fix to win another one?

"Eye of the Tiger" -see Rocky 3 if you don't know what that means. The Steelers are Rocky.

Terminator
02-05-2013, 07:50 AM
he's still not a top 10 Quarterback. :cheers:

Please name 9 quarterbacks better than him, in terms of stats, records, and SuperBowl MVP honors.

Rowland2110
02-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Yes, this was one good thing about the Ravens winning. Maybe it will STFU the arrogant fat cats on the Steelers.

The Steelers are the third best team in the division and need to stop thinking they will win by simply showing up.

Alot of people thought what Woodley said. I was one of them. That being said it was a team effort and honestly i thought Flacco winning the MVP was a joke. That superbowl and playoff effort by the Ravens was a clear example of the rest of the team elevating their play. I give credit for Flacco playing mistake free football but really, he did not do anything special.

VaDave
02-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Woodley died?

LOL!!! Well he's still breathing, but his training habits certainly have kicked the bucket...

VaDave
02-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Alot of people thought what Woodley said. I was one of them. That being said it was a team effort and honestly i thought Flacco winning the MVP was a joke. That superbowl and playoff effort by the Ravens was a clear example of the rest of the team elevating their play. I give credit for Flacco playing mistake free football but really, he did not do anything special.

275+ yards passing, 3 TD, no picks...... not too shabby consdering the 9er's defense is not exactly lousy......

steelfury02
02-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Flacco's passing game is like a long distance Basketball passing game. It's crazy. Not sure how long that will last. Receiver runs to a predertermined spot and outjumps smaller DB for the pass which is thrown to give Flacco credit accurately to only a spot the outstretched arms of the receiver can grab it and most often when the DB has his head turned away from the ball, just like in Basketball. And they run these plays all the time. Did San Fran even study tape on these guys?

and what the Steelers have to fix to win another one?

"Eye of the Tiger" -see Rocky 3 if you don't know what that means. The Steelers are Rocky.

I can't stand the Ravens as much as the next devoted Steelers fan. But, c'mon people. Flacco played great for 4 straight games and, that's all it took. If anyone else was to win the MVP, it should be Boldin.

I'm not big on Flacco at all and wouldn't take him over Ben. I think he walks around with an unearned sense of accomplishment, even before the SB victory and MVP - and is pretty smug like one Aaron Rogers. If you're not a little cocky as an NFL player, you probably shouldn't be playing at this level though. Aaron Rogers has come down to earth since their XLV victory and I believe Flacco will too. People will figure out how to out-physical their receivers much like we did against the Patriots - that style isn't consistent enough to work over a long period of time. Don't be shocked to see the Ravens win 1 more SB with Flacco though - he is good enough to put them over the top.

Let's take the blind homer glasses off and re-realize there are 31 other teams.

Now, onto Woodley and the Steelers. They are exactly in the "Rocky III" scenario. They need to get back "the eye of the tiger, the edge . . . " They need speed and the element of surprise in a big, big way.

Kanata-Steeler
02-05-2013, 08:39 AM
oops is right.
Comon Woodley, it's called "Any Given Sunday" -you should know better than that -stfu.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4tIrjBDkk

LOL, I guess that makes Mike Wallace = Jamie Foxx ?
;)

JeromeBetties63
02-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Please name 9 quarterbacks better than him, in terms of stats, records, and SuperBowl MVP honors.

Jacoby Jones should have been the MVP. Flacco is moving up the ladder...right now I would put him behind -

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Ben Roethlesburger
4. Drew Brees
5. Peyton Manning
6. Eli Manning

Young Guys with bigger upsides that I would take over Flacco -

1. Russell Wilson
2. Colin Kapernick

JeromeBetties63
02-05-2013, 09:01 AM
275+ yards passing, 3 TD, no picks...... not too shabby consdering the 9er's defense is not exactly lousy......

Live by the deep ball, die by the deep ball...they managed to get about 6-7 bombs to work over a 4 week period...sometimes thats all it takes.:doh:

Terminator
02-05-2013, 09:24 AM
Jacoby Jones should have been the MVP. Flacco is moving up the ladder...right now I would put him behind -

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Ben Roethlesburger
4. Drew Brees
5. Peyton Manning
6. Eli Manning

Young Guys with bigger upsides that I would take over Flacco -

1. Russell Wilson
2. Colin Kapernick

At this point, I would take him over Eli.

I would take Russell Wilson and Kaepernick over anyone right now. They are something special.

steelfury02
02-05-2013, 09:48 AM

I would take Russell Wilson and Kaepernick over anyone right now. They are something special.

Wilson would be in might top 3 to build the franchise around - not Kaep - I think he is a fad that teams will figure out. Wilson has all the makings of a student of the game - Kaep doesn't strike me as that anyways - seems more of a physical specimen that will erode over time and maybe even quicker than the one we have under center currently.

JeromeBetties63
02-05-2013, 09:51 AM

I would still take Eli. Flacco was fair and inconsistent during the season. He got very hot at the right time. He also got help from the dominant play of Bouldin and a break out season by Jones....plus some very timely breakdowns by opposing D's. The stars aligned for Flacco over the last 4 weeks. This is woulda, coulda, shoulda but if the Broncos don't flat out give that game away then everyone is talking about the same old Flacco. But that is the nature of the NFL. The best thing Joe did is avoid that killer turnover. Do I think he can pull off another run that clean? Nope. It's one of those things that happens for a player/team sometimes. You gotta remember, the Ravens have been a very good team who made the playoffs for 5 straight years. The odds were in their favor to get one.

MeanGee2047
02-05-2013, 10:37 AM

I think Jones should have won MVP....:coffee:

Fire Arians
02-05-2013, 10:47 AM
wooden dong just stuck his 3rd foot in his mouth and looks like an idiot now lol

steelersforever58
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I think Jones should have won MVP....:coffee:

Agree completely. flacco as someone else here has said, played mistake free. But in the Bronco game it was a hail mary, jump ball pass to jones. In the super bowl there was a hail mary, jump ball pass to boldin. Also, a horrific defensive play to let jones get 10 yds. behind the d and all he had to do was get the ball there. I don't think I am being unfair when I say that I saw nothing special about the ravens offense in this game. Their first td came from having a short field and a penalty on the Niner's on 3rd down. I will say that the o line played well protecting flacco.

wwhickok
02-05-2013, 11:16 AM
This thread is why the Ravens won the SB...good job...lol

wwhickok
02-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Btw I agree, Jones should have been the MVP. If it werent for him, the Ravens wouldve lost this game by 9the points (potentially)

VaDave
02-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Live by the deep ball, die by the deep ball...they managed to get about 6-7 bombs to work over a 4 week period...sometimes thats all it takes.:doh:

Best long balls since TB....

VaDave
02-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Agree completely. flacco as someone else here has said, played mistake free. But in the Bronco game it was a hail mary, jump ball pass to jones. In the super bowl there was a hail mary, jump ball pass to boldin. Also, a horrific defensive play to let jones get 10 yds. behind the d and all he had to do was get the ball there. I don't think I am being unfair when I say that I saw nothing special about the ravens offense in this game. Their first td came from having a short field and a penalty on the Niner's on 3rd down. I will say that the o line played well protecting flacco.

RE: Raven Oline

Anybody notice that they played their guards back 1 yard ( ok sometimes they were two yards off the line of scrimage, but let that's another rant) off the line of scrimage as well as their tackles?

That greatly allowed guards get better angles on the zone blocking schemes, and pretty much eliminated any inside presure up the gut. Very inovative. Hats off to the Ravens coaching staff for this adjustment.

FrancoLambert
02-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Flacco's reply: "Woodley will not miss a meal in his lifetime"

C'mon....11 TD's and no picks on the way to winning the SB can't be dissed.
He did it....you can't diminish it. Was he lucky as hell in Denver? You bet he was.
Lady Luck shows up in these games (see our 1972 win over the Raiders).
Despite the good luck Flacco had a lot to do with them winning.

As someone mentioned above, Flacco's long ball is better than Ben's.

jacobo
02-05-2013, 05:01 PM
He was probably just eating a burger when he spoke and people misheard him

aa14
02-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Its good to see Steelers fans are now admitting they would take Flacco over Ben. I agree compltely. The Steelers will be a WC team next season but I don't know if Ben can make it through a full season. :coffee:

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Its good to see Steelers fans are now admitting they would take Flacco over Ben. I agree compltely.

GTFO :buttkick:

sw04ca
02-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Its good to see Steelers fans are now admitting they would take Flacco over Ben. I agree compltely. The Steelers will be a WC team next season but I don't know if Ben can make it through a full season. :coffee:
Maybe the Steelers are a wildcard, maybe they don't make the playoffs, or maybe they win the division. The AFC North, the best division in football, is going to be in a state of flux next year. Sure, the Ravens won the Superbowl and were the best team this year, but this is going to be a brutal offseason for them. The Steelers have moves to make too. Then there's the improving Bengals. Who knows what'll happen.

StainlessStill
02-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Technically, Woodley was right. He said Flacco will never win a Super Bowl because they'd have to get through the Steelers in that AFC Championship. So technically, Woodley's answer was to pimp the Steelers, but the reality of his statements are embarrassing, lmao.

aa14
02-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Technically, Woodley was right. He said Flacco will never win a Super Bowl because they'd have to get through the Steelers in that AFC Championship. So technically, Woodley's answer was to pimp the Steelers, but the reality of his statements are embarrassing, lmao.

Huh? :noidea:

Penn
02-05-2013, 11:43 PM

I just see that as him putting both feet in his mouth at the same time for being twice as wrong

StainlessStill
02-05-2013, 11:52 PM

Woodley justified it with saying Flacco will never win a Super Bowl because they'd have to go through Pittsburgh to do it in the AFC Conference game. So technically, Woodley was right. The Steelers missed the playoffs and Flacco didn't have to go through us but at the same time, it's foolish because of the same reasons Penn pointed out.

It's really a non-issue. Woodleys a fat fucking pig who can't seem to stay on the field. Too bad, dude was a Ravens killer in his own right not named Ben Roethlisberger or Kordell Stewart:coffee:

teegre
02-05-2013, 11:55 PM
I just see that as him putting both feet in his mouth at the same time for being twice as wrong

Well... he has put EVERYTHING else in his mouth... why not his feet, too???

StainlessStill
02-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Hah! True story, t.

Lady Steel
02-05-2013, 11:58 PM

Seriously. You don't get it? :doh:

Woodley said Flacco would have to go through and beat the Steelers in the playoffs in order to get to the Super Bowl and win it. Get it now?

aa14
02-06-2013, 12:05 AM
Seriously. You don't get it? :doh:

Woodley said Flacco would have to go through and beat the Steelers in the playoffs in order to get to the Super Bowl and win it. Get it now?

What do you mean?

teegre
02-06-2013, 12:09 AM
What do you mean?

Woodley pulled a politician-esque form of double-speak.

You know... like Clinton's "Define the word 'is'."

Or, George Bush Number One's "No new taxes... uh... well... guys, I have some bad news."

aa14
02-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Woodley pulled a politician-esque form of double-speak.

You know... like Clinton's "Define the word 'is'."

Or, George Bush Number One's "No new taxes... uh... well... guys, I have some bad news."

I know that but I guess what I'm really asking is... Why?:noidea:

teegre
02-06-2013, 12:21 AM
I know that but I guess what I'm really asking is... Why?:noidea:

Not sure if you have kids... but, sometimes, in order not to get into trouble, they will play the semantics game. (If you are married, then more than likely, you have played this game with your spouse, as well.)

People just do not like to admit when they are wrong/made a mistake.

Very few people have the wherewithal to simply admit fault.

Make sense?

This reminds me of a story about Michael Irvin, back in the 90s.

I despised Irvin. I thought that hew as cocky & arrogant & an ass... until the following occurred.

Before a big game against the Niners (the NFCCG???), Irvin told reporters, "I am the best WR in football... the best... PERIOD." Then, during the game, Jerry Rice did his thing, and looked great in victory. After the game, a savvy reporter asked Irvin about his comments, and without missing a beat, Irvin replied, "Jerry Rice is the best WR in football... the best... PERIOD."

Since that day, I have respected Irvin... for his ability to admit fault (and, cleverly, to boot).

Penn
02-06-2013, 02:25 AM

:rofl:

VaDave
02-06-2013, 07:56 AM

Totally hysterical!!! Well played!

Vis
02-06-2013, 08:07 AM
I think this sets Woodley up as an NFL pundit once he retires. Being wrong often is vital to their resumes

JeromeBetties63
02-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Not sure if you have kids... but, sometimes, in order not to get into trouble, they will play the semantics game. (If you are married, then more than likely, you have played this game with your spouse, as well.)

People just do not like to admit when they are wrong/made a mistake.

Very few people have the wherewithal to simply admit fault.

Make sense?

This reminds me of a story about Michael Irvin, back in the 90s.

I despised Irvin. I thought that hew as cocky & arrogant & an ass... until the following occurred.

Before a big game against the Niners (the NFCCG???), Irvin told reporters, "I am the best WR in football... the best... PERIOD." Then, during the game, Jerry Rice did his thing, and looked great in victory. After the game, a savvy reporter asked Irvin about his comments, and without missing a beat, Irvin replied, "Jerry Rice is the best WR in football... the best... PERIOD."

Since that day, I have respected Irvin... for his ability to admit fault (and, cleverly, to boot).

Great story and very good point! :iagree:

JeromeBetties63
02-06-2013, 08:46 AM

Don't push it. A couple people might say that, but the vast majority of Steeler fans would not.

Next year is next year....you haven't experienced how hard it is the season after a Super Bowl Appearance/Win....there are many factors that go into making it tough to repeat. I wouldn't hand the Ravens the divisions just yet. That's why they play the games.

wwhickok
02-06-2013, 09:02 AM

You'll realize soon that there isnt anyone better in the AFC North than the Pittsburgh Steelers.:drink::tt04:

wwhickok
02-06-2013, 09:06 AM
As far as Woodley is concerned since the season ended he has had a bad attitude. Toward training with Shaw, toward the Ravens potentially (and eventually) winning a Super Biwl, and the refusal to admit he got lazy and out of shape and had part in the blame of what went wrong this season.

Hopefully this will shut him the fuck up and moticate him to start giving an effort. And if he is unwilling to restructure...i am sure there is someone willing to give up a good draft pick for an overpaid out of shape OLB.

steelfury02
02-06-2013, 09:23 AM
sometimes things come too easily for people:

Want to know what I would do if money wasn't an issue and I didn't have to exhaust so much mental effort into paying the bills and surviving as an everyman, and getting paid millions of dollars to play a game?

I would be in that freaking training and video study room making sure I could be the best "player" at my position. I'm so tired of the fat cat's excuses - there are plenty of people that would relish your situation that have sacrificed a lot more in their lives. Quit whining Mr. Millionaire and actually put forth more effort towards a damn game. No one is saying you have to have monster stats every game/every season - but when you bitch and whine, could do more, and don't produce - you look and sound like a spoiled ungrateful ass that is out of touch with reality.

Woodley - get committed or get the eff out. I hear more about this guy's new suits or trips to the red carpet and his newest social media sweepstakes than I hear about what he's gonna do to commit. "Whoa is me . . .whaaaaaaaaa." If he was an employee at any other company he'd be looking for a new job.

wwhickok
02-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Fury, well said.

Penn
02-06-2013, 05:04 PM
sometimes things come too easily for people:

Want to know what I would do if money wasn't an issue and I didn't have to exhaust so much mental effort into paying the bills and surviving as an everyman, and getting paid millions of dollars to play a game?

I would be in that freaking training and video study room making sure I could be the best "player" at my position. I'm so tired of the fat cat's excuses - there are plenty of people that would relish your situation that have sacrificed a lot more in their lives. Quit whining Mr. Millionaire and actually put forth more effort towards a damn game. No one is saying you have to have monster stats every game/every season - but when you bitch and whine, could do more, and don't produce - you look and sound like a spoiled ungrateful ass that is out of touch with reality.

Woodley - get committed or get the eff out. I hear more about this guy's new suits or trips to the red carpet and his newest social media sweepstakes than I hear about what he's gonna do to commit. "Whoa is me . . .whaaaaaaaaa." If he was an employee at any other company he'd be looking for a new job.

Im right there with you, I swam at the highest level in high school and then in college and i never NEVER NEVER let a lower classmen beat me or take my spot and i wasnt getting paid one dime. I eventually did get a partial scholarship and worked even harder to keep those younger than me where they belong... behind me

tanda10506
02-06-2013, 06:21 PM
I agree with what's being said, this team thought that games would be given to them. They forgot their hearts at home and don't even seem to enjoy the game.The competition is going to be tougher then ever, the Bengals are getting good and the Ravens will stay good with a well played off season, and we won't be able to avoid the Pats again like in 2005, 2008, and 2010. This is the time where they need to be playing with the most heart, yet they were playing with none and looked bad against the weakest of competition. I agree that that mindset was the major factor in not only this year, but in 2009 also. They better get the right attitude quick though, cause our guys are getting old.