PDA

View Full Version : Who will be our HB next year?

The_Joker
02-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Any thoughts? I prefer Eddie Lacy but we will see.

kent
02-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Im very big on Lacy if we do draft a RB. Is he worth a second round pick though? I believe he is because of our need to get a running game going and take the pressure off Ben. Im curious to see if they pick anyone up in free agency.

SteelersCanada
02-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Lacy, Gillislee, Davis, Lattimore, Taylor, Bernard or Randle.

Take your pick.

Bane
02-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Eddie Lacy. And/or Ahmad Bradshaw.

kent
02-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Or how bout we draft Lattimore and put him on IR all season and intentionally lose all our games next year so we can get his teammate Clowney :)

SteelersCanada
02-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Or how bout we draft Lattimore and put him on IR all season and intentionally lose all our games next year so we can get his teammate Clowney :)

Fuck, I'd put Brown at QB and Ike Taylor at WR to tank the season for Clowney.

In all seriousness, he's one of the very few players I'd give up a substantial amount of players and/or picks for. He's the kind of guy to build a defense around and, in 2014, we might need to do so. From what I saw, teams like Jacksonville, Oakland or Tampa will have the top pick next year and I feel like we'd be able to pull off a trade with one of those teams and nab that top pick.

Stranger things have happened.

The_Joker
02-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Bradshaw is too injury prone. He's solid, but he should go elsewhere.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Are maybe we just trade back in the draft with a team like the Jags are some team that will mostly be a top 5 pick next year and pick up there 2014 1st round pick and draft Clowney.

StainlessStill
02-07-2013, 06:54 PM
If we lose Mendenhall, that leaves us without a feature back. We have none to speak of (Redman & Dwyer are change of pace, short yardage situational backs ONLY and Batch is a healthy scratch, 3rd down back most of the time) and spending value early in the draft might not be the wisest to reach for a RB until maybe the mid-rounds.

I think this is the year we could make an immediate splash and plug a need PRONTO. Guys like Ahmad Bradshaw, Beanie Wells or Steven Jackson can step in right away and be givin carries for 1-2 years before we groom whichever running back we draft in whichever round for the future.

Bane
02-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Bradshaw is too injury prone. He's solid, but he should go elsewhere.

In his five years, Ahmad has played in:

'07 - 12/16
'08 - 15/16
'09 - 15/16
'10 - 16/16
'11 - 12/16

That's not awful. Especially if we draft another RB (ideally, I'd like the Steelers to draft Eddie Lacy). And Dwyer and Redman showed they can be effective in spurts, they're just not ideal for a long stretch. I think Bradshaw would be a pretty high-quality signing, especially if they got him fairly cheaply.

JackH
02-07-2013, 07:22 PM
The Steelers need some damn body who can be counted on to get you 2 yards in the clutch.

As in, the first Ravens game we lost 13-10. Near the end of the 3rd quarter you may recall the Steelers had the ball at the Ravens 5-yard line, 3rd and 2 yards for a first down. So of course instead of handing it off to some damn body we can count on to get 2 yards in the clutch, Leftwich throws a fade to Wallace in the end zone that is incomplete. We kick the FG to make it 13-10 and that's the last score of the game.

I think Jerome could still get 2 yards on a play like that, and if not, give it to him again on 4th down. The guys we had this season couldn't spell "clutch" if you spotted them the "c" and the "l" and the "u" and the "t" and the "c" and the "h". I guess that's why one of them didn't get the ball in that situation.

Had the Steelers been able to make a first down there on 3rd or 4th down and then scored a touchdown, we win, most likely. As it turned out, that loss would have kept the Ravens out of the playoffs and put the Steelers in. Oh what coulda/shoulda been.

Yeah, we need some damn body who can get a few yards in the clutch.

I like Lattimore in the draft and I like Stephen Jackson as a free agent. We could not only lose Mendenhall, but Redman and Dwyer could get offers as Restricted Free Agents and we would have to match or lose them. Bradshaw fumbles too much for me.

Steelers5895
02-07-2013, 07:24 PM

In all seriousness, he's one of the very few players I'd give up a substantial amount of players and/or picks for. He's the kind of guy to build a defense around and, in 2014, we might need to do so. From what I saw, teams like Jacksonville, Oakland or Tampa will have the top pick next year and I feel like we'd be able to pull off a trade with one of those teams and nab that top pick.

Stranger things have happened.

hilarious! Thanks I needed that!

cbrunn
02-07-2013, 07:28 PM
Either
Joseph Randle - RB - Oklahoma State ...

LFKbnU17PBY

Or

Kenjon Barner - RB - Oregon

cYI7gwHQ07g

Both Fit what Haley wants to do ...

Steelers5895
02-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Id like to see us get a versitle back, the days of the bruising backs are gone.

SteelersCanada
02-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Kenjon Barner - RB - Oregon.

I like the Randle pick, but I'm not sold on Barner. He's only 5'9 188 and would probably take over Rainey's job but we need to find someone to be our franchise guy first. I think Randle has the potential to do be that guy.

Blacksburg Zach
02-07-2013, 08:02 PM

Please tell me that part was a joke. Don't get me wrong, Clowney looks like a beast and he would be a great Steeler, but I would never want the Steelers to throw games just to draft a highly-touted college player, nor do I think they would do that sort of thing.

wwhickok
02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Shonn Greene

EbonySteel86
02-07-2013, 09:13 PM
It should depend on the running scheme our New OC installs. Him and Haley will know which RB will fit.

Hawaii 5-0
02-07-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm just hoping that next year's starting RB is not currently on our roster right now...

Steelers5895
02-07-2013, 09:59 PM
I'm just hoping that next year's starting RB is not currently on our roster right now...

you didnt like the 3 stooges act in cleats?

NE had Spygate
NO had Bounty Gate
PITT rbs had Who Greased the Football On us Gate.

Fire Arians
02-07-2013, 10:05 PM

hey that could backfire, if taylor somehow learns how to catch the ball he could be a BEASTat WR and we go 16-0 with the #32 pick in the draft, that would suck :sofunny:

Hawaii 5-0
02-07-2013, 10:22 PM
hey that could backfire, if taylor somehow learns how to catch the ball he could be a BEASTat WR and we go 16-0 with the #32 pick in the draft, that would suck :sofunny:

I could see us going 16-0, but Ike learning how to catch the ball?

now you're just being plain preposterous...:chuckle:

kent
02-08-2013, 03:34 AM
Please tell me that part was a joke. Don't get me wrong, Clowney looks like a beast and he would be a great Steeler, but I would never want the Steelers to throw games just to draft a highly-touted college player, nor do I think they would do that sort of thing.

Yes it was a joke, however say worst case scenario happens and we have a horrible season. I wouldnt be too upset as long as we got clowney. With that being said the Steelers will return to the playoff this year so forget about all that.

scottcurtis
02-08-2013, 03:53 AM
LACY !

Rick5895
02-08-2013, 04:54 AM
Shonn Greene

This is a guy I liked out of college, he's still young, relatively unused and runs hard. He could be a fit, and coming from the dysfunctional Jets he could turn out to be a real gem playing for a well run organization.

wwhickok
02-08-2013, 05:20 AM
This is a guy I liked out of college, he's still young, relatively unused and runs hard. He could be a fit, and coming from the dysfunctional Jets he could turn out to be a real gem playing for a well run organization.

Absolutely agree and I think we can get him on a respectable contract. I also like Joseph Randle.

I am not as High on Eddie Lacy as a lot of you are but I get the love.

Blacksburg Zach
02-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Yes it was a joke, however say worst case scenario happens and we have a horrible season. I wouldnt be too upset as long as we got clowney. With that being said the Steelers will return to the playoff this year so forget about all that.

Just wanted to make sure because plenty of people on this board have wanted to go to extreme measures just because the Steelers had a .500 season. For instance, some are calling for the trade/release of Ben Roethlisberger, the heads of Todd Haley and Mike Tomlin, and the blowing up of the franchise in general. Just wanted to make sure this wasn't another knee-jerk reaction to the 2012 season.

desertsteel
02-08-2013, 10:34 AM
It should depend on the running scheme our New OC installs. Him and Haley will know which RB will fit.

Has anyone told you that Haley is the OC?

harrison'samonster
02-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Has anyone told you that Haley is the OC?

I assumed he meant the new OL coach and Haley.

fer522
02-08-2013, 02:36 PM
We could prolly get one of the Arkansas RBs Davis or Johnson (i believe) in R5-R6

FrancoLambert
02-08-2013, 02:41 PM
Shonn Greene

Hope not.
Greene = Dwyer with more mileage.

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Who will be our HB next year?

Mendenhall, if our FO has any brains.

harrison'samonster
02-08-2013, 03:56 PM

I'd like to see Mendenhall get another chance. I know a lot of people on here want him gone, but he's probably the best option.

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-08-2013, 04:03 PM
I'd like to see Mendenhall get another chance. I know a lot of people on here want him gone, but he's probably the best option.

He is by far the best option. If they get rid of him, we will probably end up stretching to draft some unqworthy player in the 1st rd, just because we need a franchise RB that desperately.

His 911 truther and conspiracy comments did not sit well with me either, but truth be told-- I'd rather we have a "deep thinker" on our team than some of the other yokels in the NFL right now. If the worst he did was hold an unpopular opinion-- at least he was not bouncing dancers' heads off the dancefloor for picking up the money he made rain in the first place (Pacman Jones).

Mendy's east and west crap best fits the new ZBL scheme our Oline is going to be using. We have had him running behind rickety azz Olines for years now under Arians' system. I would love to see him get a chance to show us what he can do behind an actual Oline tailored to his running style.

teegre
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM

I like Spinny, too.
Sincerely,
Osama bin Laden

DanRooney
02-08-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't know how much better Mendenhall is in comparison to Dwyer. I know he is better, but I don't think the $ he'll demand while warrant that. Mendenhall is an average #1 option, Dwyer is a good backup option. If we can get Lacy in the 2nd, the we can bid farewell to Spinderella.

jacobo
02-08-2013, 04:30 PM
If he's hungry I'd love to have him back. Definitely the best option available and we wouldn't need to waste a draft pick in a weak offensive pool

BKAnthem
02-08-2013, 05:23 PM
I think Dwyer comes back motivated and in better shape next year

fer522
02-08-2013, 06:25 PM
You guys really think happy feet is our best option? I think you've been watching the Vikings and AP and not the Steelers and happy feet

SteelersCanada
02-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Our next RB isn't a free agent or on this roster - he's somewhere in the draft. Giovani Bernard, Eddie Lacy or someone like Knile Davis are probably the best options for us. Now, say we get someone like Bernard in the second / third, I do think it would be smart to keep either Redman or Dwyer to be that third-and-punch it in RB on the goal line.

I wouldn't be upset if we cleaned house at RB, but kept Baron Batch as our ST captain. I also kind of want to see what he's capable of because he's only been given very limited action. Either in Latrobe or preseason, I want to see what he can do when given the opportunity to be our guy.

Hawaii 5-0
02-09-2013, 01:53 AM
2013 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Mike Gillislee

By Charlie Campbell

Mike Gillislee, 5-11/207

Running back

Florida

Strengths:

Excellent cutting ability
Phenomenal blocker
Quickness
Shifty in the open field
Can break off long runs
Decisive runner
Vision
Surprising power and strength
Physical runner; runs with authority
Picks up yards after contact
Good receiver
Reliable hands
Runs good routes
Plays hurt
Fresh legs; not a lot of wear-and-tear
Stamina; runs well in second half

Weaknesses:

Size
Durability
Good, but not great, size
Good, but not great, speed

Summary: Gillislee spent the first three years of his college career as a backup to running backs Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps. After seeing what Gillislee did as a senior, his former coaches should be regretting having him on the bench so much. He carried the Gators' offense this season and was probably the MVP of a Florida team that surprised the country with an 11-2 record and four wins over top-15 teams.

Gillislee started off the season against Bowling Green by collecting 148 yards and two touchdownson 24 carries. He played the next week with an ankle injury, but still ran for 83 yards on 14 carries with two touchdowns in a road win at Texas A&M. Gillislee then carried Florida to a win over LSU with 146 yards and two touchdowns in a phenomenal performance. Gillislee had similar outing for 140 yards and two scores in a road victory over Florida State. The senior averaged 4.7 yards per carry in 2012 on his way to 1,152 yards and 10 touchdowns. He also caught 16 passes for 159 yards and two scores.

Gillislee is extremely well-rounded as a player and a ball-carrier. He is a very decisive runner and doesn't dance behind the line of scrimmage. Gillislee simply makes one cut and quickly charges ahead. He has excellent cutting ability to dodge defenders and pick up positive yards.

Gillislee additionally has good enough speed to get to the second level of the defense. He is shifty and makes defenders miss while retaining deceptive power. Gillislee has the ability to run through arm tackles and pick up yards after contact.

In the passing-driven NFL, Gillislee is exactly what many NFL offensive coordinators are looking for. He is a good receiver out the backfield who can run routes in the short part of the field as well as going downfield. Gillislee has very good hands, and he is a better receiver than his totals indicate.

The NFL is going to love Gillislee's blocking ability given his excellence in blitz protection. He does a good job of reading the defense to pick up the right man. Gillislee fits up his blocks extremely well to hold his ground after the initial contact. His offensive coordinator and running backs coach are going to love Gillislee's ability to protect the quarterback.

Gillislee is more than a simple pass-blocker in that he is still an aggressive blocker when other ball-carriers have the ball. One example came in the LSU game when Gillislee had an astounding block where he blasted defensive end Sam Montgomery to the ground on a jet sweep.

Gillislee may be best as part of a running back stable at the next level. He just isn't the biggest of backs; giving him 300 carries a season may be too much of a load and will lead to him getting injured. Gillislee should, at very least, turn into a good third-down back. He should quickly take over that role. Gillislee should be on the field for the majority of plays in a passing offense.

Player Comparison: Jamaal Charles. The Chiefs stole Charles in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft. Charles (5-11, 200) is a touch undersized, but he is a quick back with a versatile skill set. Gillislee is the same with his well-rounded style to do anything a team could ask. Like Charles, Gillislee could go in the third round and reward the team that takes a chance on him.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013mgillislee.php

nick5574
02-09-2013, 12:03 PM
i am hoping for mike gillislee. From what i have seen of him he is a well rounded back that could play all 3 downs for us.

wwhickok
02-10-2013, 08:30 PM
I actually think it will be Rashard Mendenhall. After reading a very interesting on NFL.com about the likely switch to a Zone Blocking scheme and like release of Willie Colon and walking of Starks and Foster, I actually believe what the article suggests and expect the steelers to bring back Mendy and cut loose Redman and Dwyer.

The_Joker
02-10-2013, 08:42 PM
I actually think it will be Rashard Mendenhall. After reading a very interesting on NFL.com about the likely switch to a Zone Blocking scheme and like release of Willie Colon and walking of Starks and Foster, I actually believe what the article suggests and expect the steelers to bring back Mendy and cut loose Redman and Dwyer.

Please God no...

OX1947
02-10-2013, 08:43 PM
We need a Trent Richardson or Alfred Morris. Otherwise, anyone else will be another dud and Ben will be in harms way just the same. The only way to limit stupid play is a solid running back.

harrison'samonster
02-10-2013, 08:46 PM

i think you might be right. it all depends if the money is right and whether the FO thinks his attitude is ok

WokeUpWithaWoodley
02-10-2013, 08:53 PM
He kind of reminds me of a Arian foster type player. Great cut ability with good speed. Going to zbs the offense looks like it needs a back who can stretch the run play out side and have that good cut back.

I've like Gillesie all season. And the more important thing might be that he is a very good blocker.

With him and Dwyer I think we would have a nice one two punch. That is if mendenhall does not return. And frankly I like mendenhall and he would thrive on the new system some say, and I find to be more true than false.

OX1947
02-10-2013, 09:16 PM
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results".

You can ask Raider fans all about that, they have known this in the worst way the last decade. However, the Pats have been doing the same thing over and over again for a while now, and if not for 2 plays, would have two more super bowls.

However, Mendenhall, while talented, has major focus issues. Focus is what killed this team this year. We can blame injuries all we want, but there were games that were virtually over that the Steelers let slip away in the final quarters. When a team loses to shitty teams, with double digit leads in the final quarters, its focus that lets it slip. This is the fault of the head coach and your leaders on the team. The Steelers do not have a leader on this team, the last two retired last year, Farrior and Ward.

Big Ben is not a leader, no matter what anyone thinks. Troy and James are wrecking balls of fury, they are lead by example types. The only ones close to being a leader is Ryan Clark, and Larry Foote after him. But they are at the end of their careers as well.

harrison'samonster
02-10-2013, 09:30 PM
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results".

You can ask Raider fans all about that, they have known this in the worst way the last decade. However, the Pats have been doing the same thing over and over again for a while now, and if not for 2 plays, would have two more super bowls.

However, Mendenhall, while talented, has major focus issues. Focus is what killed this team this year. We can blame injuries all we want, but there were games that were virtually over that the Steelers let slip away in the final quarters. When a team loses to shitty teams, with double digit leads in the final quarters, its focus that lets it slip. This is the fault of the head coach and your leaders on the team. The Steelers do not have a leader on this team, the last two retired last year, Farrior and Ward.

Big Ben is not a leader, no matter what anyone thinks. Troy and James are wrecking balls of fury, they are lead by example types. The only ones close to being a leader is Ryan Clark, and Larry Foote after him. But they are at the end of their careers as well.

I agree with you there. If you want evidence of poor leadership, look to the losses to low quality teams.

wwhickok
02-11-2013, 06:56 AM

What we need is a 'Patrick Willis'. A guy who isnt overly emotional but is a strong leader and if we get a guy with the talemt of Willis thats great too.

Steeldude
02-11-2013, 07:35 AM
As long as it's not Mendenhall then I am happy. No more soft RBs.

Steelers5895
02-11-2013, 09:14 AM

too bad those 2 wrecking balls spend half the season in street clothes.

Ben leads by example. He plays hard and hurt, something both Harrison and Troy have not done.

SteelCitian
02-11-2013, 10:25 AM
I like Spinny, too.
Sincerely,
Osama bin Laden

I hope you are seriously not buying into that blown out of proportion bullshit on Mendenhall's statement. He does NOT support terrorism and was only expressing it was kind of barbaric to be celebrating a death. Even though it was just and well deserved the mob mentality is a little uncalled for.

steelfury02
02-11-2013, 10:39 AM
so um, yea - why do we have to wait so long for the draft?

Blacksburg Zach
02-11-2013, 02:10 PM
What we need is a 'Patrick Willis'. A guy who isnt overly emotional but is a strong leader and if we get a guy with the talemt of Willis thats great too.

I'm sure every team would love to have its own Patrick Willis. Too bad there aren't exactly guys like those walking the streets.

SteelersCanada
02-11-2013, 02:38 PM
I'm sure every team would love to have its own Patrick Willis. Too bad there aren't exactly guys like those walking the streets.

That would be one talented street.

teegre
02-11-2013, 06:54 PM
I hope you are seriously not buying into that blown out of proportion bullshit on Mendenhall's statement. He does NOT support terrorism and was only expressing it was kind of barbaric to be celebrating a death. Even though it was just and well deserved the mob mentality is a little uncalled for.

The problem with having a sense of humor, is that often, people you use it on, are not in a very good mood.

--Lou Holtz

wwhickok
02-12-2013, 07:43 AM
That would be one talented street.

Did you guys actually read my post? I was specifically talking about his leadership skills not his talent.

Bayz101
02-12-2013, 08:26 AM
We have to be real here. It'll probably be either Redman or Dwyer as our feature back with whoever we draft fighting for his spot, not the other way around.

teegre
02-12-2013, 11:37 AM
We have to be real here. It'll probably be either Redman or Dwyer as our feature back with whoever we draft fighting for his spot, not the other way around.

If those two R1 and two R2 picks play up to potential AND stay healhty, I am willing to bet that I could run for 1,500 yards.

So, Yes, Redman & Dwyer behind that line seems like the route that is most likely.

VaDave
02-12-2013, 01:02 PM
We need a Trent Richardson or Alfred Morris. Otherwise, anyone else will be another dud and Ben will be in harms way just the same. The only way to limit stupid play is a solid running back.

We already have an "Alfred Morris" in Dwyer, if he's ever get in good enough shape to play more than three downs in a row....

tmacsteelerfan
02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
I would love to see the Steelers select Gillislee, especially if we manage to snag the man who Hawaii 5-0 has us getting second in his mock draft and that's Tavon Austin. Why I feel that pick would be so valuable for the Steelers is because it would help our offense at multiple positions and greatly increase our special teams production. While I know the Steelers want a physical number one receiver, having Tavon join Brown, and Sanders would make our receiving corp the most dangerous YAC team in the league, seeing that Emmanual and Brown don't cough the ball up like they did last season.
Could you imagine the big plays Tavon will make when in the slot matched up on a linebacker during a play where Ben escapes the pocket and buys more time? I'm saying goal line or TD every time.
Now how this will improve our running game is if Haley is smart, which he was in KC with Charles and Mccluster, he'll try to get the ball in Tavon's hands as much as possible, meaning giving him the ball out of the backfield. Which Tavon creates just as much big plays as passing him the ball out of the slot. With the Gillislee pick we'd have a two back rotation with him and Dwyer, with Gillislee carrying most of the load, and Tavon playing the role Rainey did this season. Although I don't think we'd be able to get him at our spot in the 2nd like Hawaii 5-0 has us getting him, if we could manage to trade down in the first gaining later draft picks, he would be the BPA imo.
Watch these Oklahoma highlights and tell me he's not the biggest playmaker in the draft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74

teegre
02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
I would love to see the Steelers select Gillislee, especially if we manage to snag the man who Hawaii 5-0 has us getting second in his mock draft and that's Tavon Austin. Why I feel that pick would be so valuable for the Steelers is because it would help our offense at multiple positions and greatly increase our special teams production. While I know the Steelers want a physical number one receiver, having Tavon join Brown, and Sanders would make our receiving corp the most dangerous YAC team in the league, seeing that Emmanual and Brown don't cough the ball up like they did last season.
Could you imagine the big plays Tavon will make when in the slot matched up on a linebacker during a play where Ben escapes the pocket and buys more time? I'm saying goal line or TD every time.
Now how this will improve our running game is if Haley is smart, which he was in KC with Charles and Mccluster, he'll try to get the ball in Tavon's hands as much as possible, meaning giving him the ball out of the backfield. Which Tavon creates just as much big plays as passing him the ball out of the slot. With the Gillislee pick we'd have a two back rotation with him and Dwyer, with Gillislee carrying most of the load, and Tavon playing the role Rainey did this season. Although I don't think we'd be able to get him at our spot in the 2nd like Hawaii 5-0 has us getting him, if we could manage to trade down in the first gaining later draft picks, he would be the BPA imo.
Watch these Oklahoma highlights and tell me he's not the biggest playmaker in the draft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74

I love Tavon Austin.

I know that he is short, but he is amazing. As you posted, that goal-line run, where he jukes two defenders (who could ahve tackled him very easily) is insane.

I do not think he should eb picked at 17 (too many other needs), but if he somehow drops to R2... he HAS to be considered (personally, I would make the selection in .5 seconds).

StevieRayVol
02-12-2013, 08:29 PM
No not want Lattimore from South Carolina...One knee injury the year before and last's years knee injury was one of the worst I've ever seen.

VSP644
02-12-2013, 08:42 PM
I would really love to see us pick Bell from MSU in the draft...he is a bruiser and can be had in the 4th or 5th round....I really like Chris Ivory as a cheap free agent signing!!!

Galax Steeler
02-13-2013, 05:04 AM
No not want Lattimore from South Carolina...One knee injury the year before and last's years knee injury was one of the worst I've ever seen.

I have to agree with this we don't need someone who is already injury prone we already have those kind of backs.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
02-13-2013, 05:51 AM
I have to agree with this we don't need someone who is already injury prone we already have those kind of backs.

Agreed I believe we stay away from guys who have had serious injuries and character issues this draft. April cant come soon enough, at least we got the combine next week.