PDA

View Full Version : good workouts?

harrison'samonster
02-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Just curious if there are any weight-lifters or runners who have favorite workouts or exercises they prefer.

I tend to lift in the winter when I'm not working, but I always do jump-rope and cardio, but if I get into it I love doing the Olympic style lifts. I recently started using a heavy bag as well. I try not to run because it can over time do damage to the legs, but when I do I get into doing sprints instead of long distance.

I'm always interested in learning new ways to work-out, but with a low budget I try to keep it cheap (I've tied a rope to a log and dragged it across a field, or hitting a tire with a sledge hammer, or spending time hitting fallen wood with an axe).

The one lift I will always keep doing through the years is squats. Love leg days!

MACH1
02-08-2013, 03:50 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPs02ilhGKLKo49MuTanebe0rea6vol vc-bxxYnI4f3QcraKJDnA

stb_steeler
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Got an early start
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u340/daynesegal/weight-lifting.jpg

harrison'samonster
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPs02ilhGKLKo49MuTanebe0rea6vol vc-bxxYnI4f3QcraKJDnA

LOL! You also get a good ab workout when you puke it all up. very good.

jacobo
02-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I try to do a split workout five days a week. Chest, triceps and shoulders two days, biceps,back and forearms two days, and legs in the middle. Abs everyday as well as running. Haven't lifted in a while though lol. Need to get back into it. Never do any of that do it yourself stuff that you're describing, much rather do it in a gym where there's some eye candy for motivation

harrison'samonster
02-08-2013, 04:33 PM
I try to do a split workout five days a week. Chest, triceps and shoulders two days, biceps,back and forearms two days, and legs in the middle. Abs everyday as well as running. Haven't lifted in a while though lol. Need to get back into it. Never do any of that do it yourself stuff that you're describing, much rather do it in a gym where there's some eye candy for motivation

can't argue with the motivation at the gym!

That's a good way to split the lifting. I should go back into doing it that way, but my body just starts to feel warn down, like you say it's hard to keep that up when you're lifting 5 times a week.

SteelersCanada
02-14-2013, 11:14 PM
It depends on what you want to do. If you want to put on size, trim down or lean out. If you're still interested in this, I can help you out. Hit me up with a PM or just post back here.

harrison'samonster
02-15-2013, 12:11 AM
It depends on what you want to do. If you want to put on size, trim down or lean out. If you're still interested in this, I can help you out. Hit me up with a PM or just post back here.

That's the trouble. I don't lift throughout the year because of work (too busy in the early summer and fall). The rest of the time it feels like I'm just catching up. Except for winter, I have a lot of time on my hands.

That's why I try not to worry about putting on mass. I am always looking for ways to keep it interesting, like different supersets or cardio workouts. One of my favorites right now is a superset on the preacher curls: I start with one set of hammer curls w/dumbbells, immediately followed by a set of reverse curls, immediately followed by a set of normal preacher curls. I can save time and get more into a workout.

I'm always looking for ways to keep it interesting and keep me lifting or doing any kind of exercise.