PDA

View Full Version : I'm planning on going to the Steelers-Ravens game in Baltimore...

Quackjack
02-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Tips? Anyone know how much it would cost? (Two people going)

Any help is appreciated :tt03:

Steelers5895
02-09-2013, 03:02 PM
200 each

Tip is don't act like a jackass. They appreciate you cheering for the steelers but you start trash talking and being a dick they will pounce worse than any other stadium. Stadium security does not get involved.

Quackjack
02-09-2013, 03:08 PM
200 each

Tip is don't act like a jackass. They appreciate you cheering for the steelers but you start trash talking and being a dick they will pounce worse than any other stadium. Stadium security does not get involved.

I find that hard to believe :chuckle:

200 each huh? Little expensive, I was looking for ones about 125 or so each.

zcoop
02-09-2013, 03:23 PM
200 each

Never been to a game in B'more, are they worst than Raider fans?

Steelers5895
02-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Off a Super Bowl you can get uppers for that maybe. Check stub hub

Quackjack
02-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Off a Super Bowl you can get uppers for that maybe. Check stub hub

It is not scheduled. I am just asking off of people's experiances.

teegre
02-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Never been to a game in B'more, are they worst than Raider fans?

NO ONE is worse than Raidahs fans. Here are some incidents that I have seen with my own two eyes:

--Booing & TRASH-TALKING a group of four-year old girls wearing Chargers cheerleader outfits.

--Getting out of their cars, in stop & go traffic on the FREEWAY, in order to start a fight.

--Referring to Al Davis as "sane."

lloydwoodson
02-09-2013, 03:56 PM
NO ONE is worse than Raidahs fans. Here are some incidents that I have seen with my own two eyes:

--Booing & TRASH-TALKING a group of four-year old girls wearing Chargers cheerleader outfits.

--Getting out of their cars, in stop & go traffic on the FREEWAY, in order to start a fight.

--Referring to Al Davis as "sane."

Ahahaha a couple of my friends are Raiders fans. They would fit right in. And hey they are passionate- it has been 10 seasons since the Raiders went to the playoffs and my friend is still there watching the game every Sunday throwing footballs at his TV, breaking things and cursing out Carson Palmer. So give the Raiders fans some credit it could be worse- they could be Eagles fans.

Eagles fans:

-Threw snowballs at Santa.

-Had a court installed at the Vet to handle all the assault/public intoxication charges.

-Cheered on Michael Irvin's career-ending neck injury.

Phillies fans:

-Threw D batteries at JD Drew.

-One fan intentionally vomited on an 11 year-old girl.

-One woman offered sex for Phillies World Series tickets.

MasterOfPuppets
02-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Tips? Anyone know how much it would cost? (Two people going)

Any help is appreciated :tt03:
http://i.qkme.me/35ze3t.jpg

sluggermatt15
02-09-2013, 04:24 PM
It is not scheduled. I am just asking off of people's experiances.

Keep checking ticket sites like StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc. You might have the best luck right before the preseason starts. That is what I did for Redskins tickets last year. Kept checking and found some good deals before the season.

Definitely rep the Black n Gold! :tt:

Quackjack
02-09-2013, 05:50 PM
Keep checking ticket sites like StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc. You might have the best luck right before the preseason starts. That is what I did for Redskins tickets last year. Kept checking and found some good deals before the season.

Definitely rep the Black n Gold! :tt:

I will, hopefully not in a body bag :chuckle:

teegre
02-09-2013, 05:58 PM
I will, hopefully not in a body bag :chuckle:

Don't fret... just avoid any limos.

Quackjack
02-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Don't fret... just avoid any limos.

And #52?

teegre
02-09-2013, 06:09 PM
And #52?

Allegedly...

steelerchad
02-09-2013, 06:49 PM
Probably close to 200 each to get in the door. Not good seats.
I've been their 7 times. Had a few words and such, nothing major. Hold your terrible towel tight. I saw people jerking them out of others hands and throwing them. Nobody tried it with me or my kids, but mostly a bunch of douche bags in my opinion. They hate us as terribly due to all the success and playoff losses. The last time I was there was when Santonio caught the TD on the goal line with 30 seconds left. They reviewed it forever and then the place went silent.

Lady Steel
02-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Tips?

Don't let your crayons lay in the sun.

Bonus Tip: Rotate your tires every 5,000 miles.

Have fun! :tt:

steelfury02
02-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Probably close to 200 each to get in the door. Not good seats.
I've been their 7 times. Had a few words and such, nothing major. Hold your terrible towel tight. I saw people jerking them out of others hands and throwing them. Nobody tried it with me or my kids, but mostly a bunch of douche bags in my opinion. They hate us as terribly due to all the success and playoff losses. The last time I was there was when Santonio caught the TD on the goal line with 30 seconds left. They reviewed it forever and then the place went silent.

yup

just my two cents - if you go and its a Steelers victory, I would just be mindful of your surroundings, especially exiting where some of them love to do little "run by" or "drive by" stunts - they are a good mix just like Heinz - mostly good, some remarks, and then a couple of douches here and there. Just know you absolutely will not leave without SOME razzing, and I'd be prepared for some serious smack talk - especially now that they're the champs - I was going to go with my father - but, not sure I could put up with their new found sense of accomplishment

sometimes I just really cherish the sofa, the big screen, my lazy clothes, and my home brew :drink: . . .

Quackjack
02-10-2013, 09:51 AM
yup

just my two cents - if you go and its a Steelers victory, I would just be mindful of your surroundings, especially exiting where some of them love to do little "run by" or "drive by" stunts - they are a good mix just like Heinz - mostly good, some remarks, and then a couple of douches here and there. Just know you absolutely will not leave without SOME razzing, and I'd be prepared for some serious smack talk - especially now that they're the champs - I was going to go with my father - but, not sure I could put up with their new found sense of accomplishment

sometimes I just really cherish the sofa, the big screen, my lazy clothes, and my home brew :drink: . . .

My dad went to a Redskins-Eagles game in Philly and after the 'Skins won, he had to cover his jersey so they didn't lynch him. Other Redskins fans weren't so lucky.

Steelerindc
02-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I would think since the Ratbirds just won the SB ticket prices will be at a premium for that game. Honestly I think $125 is cheap.

I've been to two Steeler-Raven games and it's bad up there. There fans cry like babies when something goes wrong and will have no problem saying the Steelers are cheating even in there own Stadium.

I have been involved in an altercation there once and it's not a good thing, you're just simply outnumbered.

But You have to always wear your colors with pride.

Quackjack
02-10-2013, 10:44 AM
I would think since the Ratbirds just won the SB ticket prices will be at a premium for that game. Honestly I think $125 is cheap.

I've been to two Steeler-Raven games and it's bad up there. There fans cry like babies when something goes wrong and will have no problem saying the Steelers are cheating even in there own Stadium.

I have been involved in an altercation there once and it's not a good thing, you're just simply outnumbered.

I'm more worried over money than fights. I want to see a Steelers game, but I live in DC and Baltimore is the closest place. It's also a great game as well. The Steelers play nowhere close besides Baltimore next year.

Steelerindc
02-10-2013, 10:55 AM
You should try craigslist before stub hub, stub hub is going to bang your head. if you can't find a good price on Craigslist then Stubhub would be the best way to go.

I live in the DC area and me and some friends drive up to Pittsburgh for games. I rather be around family(fellow steeler fans) than strangers.

I go to about 3 games a year in Pittsburgh and take my son to the B'more game. only once have I gotten tickets for under $150 and that's b/c my wife knew someone who just didn't want to go.

It's just the cost of going to an NFL game these days.

charlesk
02-10-2013, 11:19 AM

Just as many jerks at Heinz Field as well. When I was tailgating last November near the Ketchup Bottle I had to have a pitbull with to keep the legions of nitwits away. Nobody tried anything but the air was thick with threats and comments about how lucky I was. And when the home team lost wow! That's not even a knock on Pittsburgh. Like that in just about every stadium nowadays.

aa14
02-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Just as many jerks at Heinz Field as well. When I was tailgating last November near the Ketchup Bottle I had to have a pitbull with to keep the legions of nitwits away. Nobody tried anything but the air was thick with threats and comments about how lucky I was. And when the home team lost wow! That's not even a knock on Pittsburgh. Like that in just about every stadium nowadays.

Mentality of the mob. They perceive visiting fans to be easy targets and they are the white blood cells. I went to a Calgary flames game last year wearing a Ravens jersey and two separate men tried to start something with me and it was a flippin' NHL game.

Quackjack
02-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Mentality of the mob. They perceive visiting fans to be easy targets and they are the white blood cells. I went to a Calgary flames game last year wearing a Ravens jersey and two separate men tried to start something with me and it was a flippin' NHL game.

DUDE. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY FLAMES FAN IN EXISTENCE.

I don't like you but go Flames!

aa14
02-10-2013, 12:40 PM
DUDE. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY FLAMES FAN IN EXISTENCE.

I don't like you but go Flames!

I forgot to mention the only person at that game who approached me with good words regarding my jersey was a Steelers fan.