PDA

View Full Version : Wallace to Cleveland?

wwhickok
02-12-2013, 09:00 AM
This morning I read an article by Chris Wesseling on the NFL's website that suggested the Steelers have no plans to slap the franchise tag on Wallace which in reality virtually guarantees he is leaving town.

It also states that according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, many within the Steelers' organization believe that Wallace will sign with the Cleveland Browns.

It's believed that Jason La Canfora has a pipeline to agent Bus Cook or another member of Wallaces' camp, considering the amount of stories he's been breaking in regards to Wallace as of late. Jim Haslam was formerly a minority owner of the Steelers.

The most important part of this is Norv Turner's presence, he coaches a vertical offense. The Browns are expected to do a lot of spending and IF Wallace ends up in Cleveland, like the article suggests, I'm willing to bet Brandon Weeden will not be their QB... Can you say Ryan Mallet...Alex Smith...Matt Flynn..or even Kirk Cousins perhaps?

There is some irony to this; not long ago, while discussing the possible departure of Wallace, some people including myself stated they would actually like to see Wallace end up in Cleveland, just so we could see him get shut down twice a year. I actually think that my exact words were, so I can see our Secondary put a shoulder into his chest and destroy him twice a year.

steelfury02
02-12-2013, 09:17 AM
This morning I read an article by Chris Wesseling on the NFL's website that suggested the Steelers have no plans to slap the franchise tag on Wallace which in reality virtually guarantees he is leaving town.

It also states that according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, many within the Steelers' organization believe that Wallace will sign with the Cleveland Browns.

It's believed that Jason La Canfora has a pipeline to agent Bus Cook or another member of Wallaces' camp, considering the amount of stories he's been breaking in regards to Wallace as of late. Jim Haslam was formerly a minority owner of the Steelers.

The most important part of this is Norv Turner's presence, he coaches a vertical offense. The Browns are expected to do a lot of spending and IF Wallace ends up in Cleveland, like the article suggests, I'm willing to bet Brandon Weeden will not be their QB... Can you say Ryan Mallet...Alex Smith...Matt Flynn..or even Kirk Cousins perhaps?

There is some irony to this; not long ago, while discussing the possible departure of Wallace, some people including myself stated they would actually like to see Wallace end up in Cleveland, just so we could see him get shut down twice a year. I actually think that my exact words were, so I can see our Secondary put a shoulder into his chest and destroy him twice a year.

you know - I had no ill feelings towards Holmes when he left - probably because I felt 50/50 about it and he wasn't being a $$ grabber - plus, the whole all-time SB playsever and the MVP thing - a little more valuable at that time when comparing the situation to Wallace's - apples and oranges

Wallace being the grapefruit - if he goes to Cleveland - we'll see the same crap we saw out of Santonio - career will be noooooose diving.

Fast forward to 2020 - we'll see Wallace back catching 1 ball in 3 appearances for the Steelers. The end. Lot's of promise and yet another WR story ends badily for a former Steeler

casteeler
02-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Good Read. Cleveland is building an Exellent team and its all being done under the Radar, scary as a Steelers fans with a team over Cap and possibly losing quite a few players

wwhickok
02-12-2013, 09:22 AM
In all fairness, Santanio didn't leave. He was traded.

Atlanta Dan
02-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Good Read. Cleveland is building an Exellent team and its all being done under the Radar, scary as a Steelers fans with a team over Cap and possibly losing quite a few players

It's all about getting a top 10 QB to be a factor in the playoffs no matter what you develop elsewhere - uncertain if Cleveland or for that matter Cincinnati (Dalton underwhelmed in 2012) have done that

Fire Haley
02-12-2013, 09:47 AM
Browns still don't have a QB - good luck with that.

VaDave
02-12-2013, 09:53 AM
But they do have a solid OL, which will give whom ever enough time to heave the ball 60 yards downfield and just hope he don't underthrow it

Fire Haley
02-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Wallace wants $10 million a year. He had 836 yards receiving in his 4th NFL season with a Pro Bowl quarterback and another pro bowl receiver lined up opposite to him.

Now if the Browns go out and get Joe Flacco, he might be able to lob a few bombs to him.

steelfury02
02-12-2013, 10:16 AM
In all fairness, Santanio didn't leave. He was traded.

he still "left the team" I remember all too well the 5th rounder we got

steelfury02
02-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Browns still don't have a QB - good luck with that.

this

no one can say one way or another what losing Wallace will mean -

I just know this:
Ward, El, Wilson = XL victory
Holmes, Ward, Washington = XLIII victory

I'm more concerned about Heath Miller's status than losing Wallace. Losing that type of weapon in both receptions AND what he meant for blocking really, really could mean a lot to the improvement of the offense

Atlanta Dan
02-12-2013, 10:32 AM
Wallace wants $10 million a year. He had 836 yards receiving in his 4th NFL season with a Pro Bowl quarterback and another pro bowl receiver lined up opposite to him.

Now if the Browns go out and get Joe Flacco, he might be able to lob a few bombs to him.

Peter King actually floats that trial balloon

Was it only me listening to Baltimore owner Steve Bisciotti and trusted GM Ozzie Newsome the other day, thinking they're going to throw the first big changeup into this offseason? Was it only me taking their words and reading resolve in them, and thinking it's actually possible that Joe Flacco could be stolen by a quarterback-needy and starved-for-relevance team like Cleveland? ...

Committing a cap number of $20 million to Flacco this year would cut off the ability to franchise any other players in the next two years -- like much-needed linebacker Dannell Ellerbe or pass-rusher Paul Kruger this year -- and it hamstrings the ability of the team to make smart football decisions over the next two years. Exclusive-tagging Flacco would likely, but not certainly, mean the losses of Ellerbe and Kruger and the iconic Ed Reed, and maybe even Anquan Boldin if he won't lower his $7.5 million salary for 2013. Reed's understandable. Losing two of the others, or all three, would be major blows.

Bisciotti and Newsome have to know the answer to the test before they sit down to take it. They have to accept the fact that they'd be willing, under the worst-case scenario, to lose Flacco before tagging him with the lesser designation March 4. It's a big gamble. If you're a Ravens' fans, you have to hope it doesn't come to that -- and that Linta and Moriarty can get a long-term deal in the next three weeks.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130211/monday-morning-quarterback-peter-king-offseason-week-1/?sct=hp_wr_a2&eref=sihp

Bane
02-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Truthfully, we could just let Wallace blow past our secondary without anyone covering him, and he still wouldn't catch the damned ball.

teegre
02-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Cleveland is really good.

Everyone blames the loss on Charlie Batch, but that defense CAUSED those turnovers: they hit people. Likewise, that secondary is extremely good. They lack a deep threat (queue "Wallace"), but they have two really good possession receivers. And, their O-line is superb. Plus, Trent Richardson.

Norv did wonders with Alex Smith. Alex Smith loves Norv. Alex Smith might not be great, but if he goes toCelveland, watch out!!!

Wallace to Cleveland... plus Alex Smith... wow!!!... I could honestly see them vying for the AFCN title.

Mark it down.

wwhickok
02-12-2013, 10:37 AM
he still "left the team" I remember all too well the 5th rounder we got

Yeah.......Crezdon "Cardinal" Butler:banging:

teegre
02-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Yeah.......Crezdon "Cardinal" Butler:banging:

Actually, Peter King did a piece on how that pick was traded to TB, and then to someone else, and eventually, here is who the Steelers got for Santonio:

Byron Leftwich, Bryant McFadden, and AB.

The first two were "eh" (McFadden did not last the entire season as a starter, in his secodn stint)... but, AB was a home run.

wwhickok
02-12-2013, 10:43 AM
Truthfully, we could just let Wallace blow past our secondary without anyone covering him, and he still wouldn't catch the damned ball.

Everyone blames the loss on Charlie Batch, but that defense CAUSED those turnovers: they hit people. Likewise, that secondary is extremely good. They lack a deep threat (queue "Wallace"), but they have two really good possession receivers. And, their O-line is superb. Plus, Trent Richardson.

Norv did wonders with Alex Smith. Alex Smith loves Norv. Alex Smith might not be great, but if he goes toCelveland, watch out!!!

Wallace to Cleveland... plus Alex Smith... wow!!!... I could honestly see them vying for the AFCN title.

Mark it down.

Neither of you are wrong.

wwhickok
02-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Actually, Peter King did a piece on how that pick was traded to TB, and then to someone else, and eventually, here is who the Steelers got for Santonio:

The first two were "eh" (McFadden did not last the entire season as a starter, in his secodn stint)... but, AB was a home run.

Lol nice. Thanks for correcting that so 3/4 were trash :flap:

steelfury02
02-12-2013, 10:47 AM

I remember that article - good point

anyone have news on Heath Miller's timeline? I can't remember what people were speculating regarding his return.

O-line stability , RB sitch, viable TE threat = greater needs over losing Wallace. Wallace is the least of my concerns.

casteeler
02-12-2013, 10:47 AM

Mark it down.

You are 100% correct. It's Steeler way to dismiss the Browns as garbage but the fact is they building a good orginization,Last year they could have swept the Steelers season series. With the addition of Norv and the ability to pick up an Alex Smith (who was 2nd in Passer rating in 2012 before being replaced) they already have a beastly Running back,improving Recievers and a stout defense,adding a very good QB (several are available) the Browns could and probably will be a real threat to Win the AFC and maybe more.The 49ers proved that it doesn't take long to build a hell of a good team

steelfury02
02-12-2013, 10:50 AM
You are 100% correct. It's Steeler way to dismiss the Browns as garbage but the fact is they building a good orginization,Last year they could have swept the Steelers season series. With the addition of Norv and the ability to pick up an Alex Smith (who was 2nd in Passer rating in 2012 before being replaced) they already have a beastly Running back,improving Recievers and a stout defense,adding a very good QB (several are available) the Browns could and probably will be a real threat to Win the AFC and maybe more.The 49ers proved that it doesn't take long to build a hell of a good team

I don't dismiss the Browns, but, if I'm the Steelers - I worry about taking care of my own business first.

Ravens got a QB at it took them 5 years to get over the hump - and they actually had far more talent than Cleveland will have in this scenario. Signing up coaches doesn't scare me. Does adding Norv make them better than us all of a sudden? Alex Smith will be toast against AFC North defenses - mark it down if he goes there.

Steel Peon
02-12-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm more concerned about Heath Miller's status than losing Wallace.

Afuckingmen!

wwhickok
02-12-2013, 10:56 AM

New ownership hasn't hurt them either.

casteeler
02-12-2013, 11:02 AM
I don't dismiss the Browns, but, if I'm the Steelers - I worry about taking care of my own business first.

Ravens got a QB at it took them 5 years to get over the hump - and they actually had far more talent than Cleveland will have in this scenario. Signing up coaches doesn't scare me. Does adding Norv make them better than us all of a sudden? Alex Smith will be toast against AFC North defenses - mark it down if he goes there.

Alex Smith has playoff experiance and beat the Steelers 2 seasons ago,Norv and the Chargers beat the Steelers last year with a crumbling team. I'm concerned because I see a team in our division doing what they need to improve.Don't fool yourself into thinking that because it took Baltimore 5 years to achieve greatness that it will take Cleveland just as long

steelfury02
02-12-2013, 11:21 AM
Alex Smith has playoff experiance and beat the Steelers 2 seasons ago,Norv and the Chargers beat the Steelers last year with a crumbling team. I'm concerned because I see a team in our division doing what they need to improve.Don't fool yourself into thinking that because it took Baltimore 5 years to achieve greatness that it will take Cleveland just as long

sorry cast - while I'm by no means comfortable with our situation - I'm just not sold on Norv Turner - the whole - "broken clock is right twice a day" thing comes to mind. If you look at the overall picture - Norv's team and the Browns generally lose to us far more often than us to them - eventually, being a professional and a professional team - they should beat us every now and then

It took the worst performance in recent history for us to lose to them by what 6 pts?

Regarding Alex Smith - yes, he "beat us" - but, I'd say it had more to do with our offense being injured (Ben) and just about no production from them. The defense did great that day - as good as any D could do considering they were asked yet again to win a game by taking all the pressure

BlaZeQuietly
02-12-2013, 11:52 AM
I remember that article - good point

anyone have news on Heath Miller's timeline? I can't remember what people were speculating regarding his return.

O-line stability , RB sitch, viable TE threat = greater needs over losing Wallace. Wallace is the least of my concerns.

Miller tore his ACL and MCL right? I had the same injury when I was 21 and it took me almost a year to be 100% and that was with surgery, plus I play baseball not football, I highly doubt Miller will be ready, We'll be lucky to see him by November.

steelfury02
02-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I was realistically thinking that we might not see Heath until the last 2-3 weeks of the season, at best.

OX1947
02-12-2013, 12:09 PM
hahhaha, Cleveland building an excellent team. I have been hearing that shit for a decade and a half. If you want to continue to build shit, I can not see a better start then to bring in a puntang pie like Mike Wallace. I would love to have him on Cleveland, so Ryan Clark can pound him into the ground when he comes into his area. But then again, Wallace might just fall on the ground so he doesnt get hurt before he could get a shot on the little fairy.

steelfury02
02-12-2013, 12:12 PM
hahhaha, Cleveland building an excellent team. I have been hearing that shit for a decade and a half. If you want to continue to build shit, I can not see a better start then to bringing in a puntang pie like Mike Wallace. I would love to have him on Cleveland, so Ryan Clark can pound him into the ground when he comes into his area. But then again, Wallace might just fall on the ground so he doesnt get hurt.

yeah - if Norv and whoever couldn't do it with Rivers, Tomlinson and multiple playoff trips - they aren't doing it with Wheedon/Smith/Whoever, Trent Richardson and Mike Wallace - those last names are a big step down from what was going on in San Diego

You really would fear a team like the Browns with less talent than San Diego had - who we already beat on multiple occasions. Sure the teams and our situation are different - but, why even root or watch them play? Why should we fear the Browns? Again - broken clock right twice a day . . .

VaDave
02-12-2013, 12:20 PM
hahhaha, Cleveland building an excellent team. I have been hearing that shit for a decade and a half. If you want to continue to build shit, I can not see a better start then to bring in a puntang pie like Mike Wallace. I would love to have him on Cleveland, so Ryan Clark can pound him into the ground when he comes into his area. But then again, Wallace might just fall on the ground so he doesnt get hurt before he could get a shot on the little fairy.

Actually, it's been going on since Art Model refused to pay Art Rooney back a loan he gave him back in the 70's.

Haslam will do a much better job than either Model or the Lerners did over the last 40 years.

As for Norv, he was really good with Novachek, Aikman, Smith and Irvin, and that awesome OL he had in Dallas. I'm fairly certain there isn't that kind of talent on the lake, and Norv was spotty elsewhere.

BlaZeQuietly
02-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Trent Richardson is actually pretty good, so is Wallace although he's over rated, and hey if they pick up Alex Smith and add that to their decent defense and offensive line maybe it could be the year they make a run....

teegre
02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
yeah - if Norv and whoever couldn't do it with Rivers, Tomlinson and multiple playoff trips - they aren't doing it with Wheedon/Smith/Whoever, Trent Richardson and Mike Wallace - those last names are a big step down from what was going on in San Diego

You really would fear a team like the Browns with less talent than San Diego had - who we already beat on multiple occasions. Sure the teams and our situation are different - but, why even root or watch them play? Why should we fear the Browns? Again - broken clock right twice a day . . .

Norv as a head coach: NO!!!
Norv as an offensive coordinator: Yes.

It's not Cleveland's trifecta of skill players that impresses me; it's the O-line, the D-line, the LBs, and the secondary. They are what San Fran was right before Jim Harbaugh took over.

[Side-note: I was scared that Nick Saban was going to go there. Thankfully, he didn't... otherwise, they would absolutely have been a perennial play-off team. Now, I have some hope that they will "just" be really good.]

Steelers>NFL
02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Norv as a head coach: NO!!!
Norv as an offensive coordinator: Yes.

It's not Cleveland's trifecta of skill players that impresses me; it's the O-line, the D-line, the LBs, and the secondary. They are what San Fran was right before Jim Harbaugh took over.

[Side-note: I was scared that Nick Saban was going to go there. Thankfully, he didn't... otherwise, they would absolutely have been a perennial play-off team. Now, I have some hope that they will "just" be really good.]

I would not be scared if Saban showed up in Cleveland. I am more scared in the
reload/rebuild that is gonna happne in the next 2 season. With all of the vets going, and starting with a young squad - minus Big Ben. This is scary, but at the sametime, EXCITING! This is where we will find out just how good of a coach Tomlin is! The next 2 seasons.

harrison'samonster
02-12-2013, 01:36 PM
I would not be scared if Saban showed up in Cleveland. I am more scared in the
reload/rebuild that is gonna happne in the next 2 season. With all of the vets going, and starting with a young squad - minus Big Ben. This is scary, but at the sametime, EXCITING! This is where we will find out just how good of a coach Tomlin is! The next 2 seasons.

I agree with you a lot. I am very excited to see how this works out for the Steelers. Cleveland and Cincy both seem like they're on an upward trend, but they do have their own problems. I trust the Steelers will come out fighting and in a year or two when Cincy and Cleveland don't have the money to resign their own players we'll see if they really are as scary as they seem.

SteelersCanada
02-12-2013, 01:52 PM

Mark it down.

Do you think Ben would've faced a similar fate against that defense?

The Browns aren't building anything. There's a reason why the 49ers were competitive two years ago - they didn't have to play great teams with any consistency. If Smith does indeed go to Cleveland, he has to play the Steelers and Ravens twice a year with very average receivers. Even with Mike Wallace, that receiving corp is average at best.

Do you know who else looked really, really good on paper two years ago? The Eagles. I think we all remember what happened to them after the 'dream team' incident. Besides, the Eagles were a much better team on paper than Cleveland would be even with Smith and Wallace.

But all of that is besides the point - Mike Wallace and Alex Smith don't gel. Smith can't throw a deep ball to save his life and Mike Wallace's only trick is running fast in a straight line. If you ask Wallace to become a possession receiver, well, we saw what happened this year with that experiment. Smith would be lobbing up deep balls (or trying to) and they'd be getting picked off consistently.

Is that defense good? No. It's average with a shutdown CB (who took a moon-sized leap back this year) and a couple of good - not great - supporting pieces to go with them. They're going to be competing with the Jags as who gets the Worst Team in the AFC Crown next year. That's something I can mark down.

sloppyjoe
02-12-2013, 02:06 PM
relax guys, its cleveland.
how many times have we heard how this team is improving. yadda yadda yadda, only to repeat as the browns we all know and make fun of. when they actually win 7 games or more in consecutiver years, i might believe they are making progress.

teegre
02-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Do you think Ben would've faced a similar fate against that defense?

The Browns aren't building anything. There's a reason why the 49ers were competitive two years ago - they didn't have to play great teams with any consistency. If Smith does indeed go to Cleveland, he has to play the Steelers and Ravens twice a year with very average receivers. Even with Mike Wallace, that receiving corp is average at best.

Do you know who else looked really, really good on paper two years ago? The Eagles. I think we all remember what happened to them after the 'dream team' incident. Besides, the Eagles were a much better team on paper than Cleveland would be even with Smith and Wallace.

But all of that is besides the point - Mike Wallace and Alex Smith don't gel. Smith can't throw a deep ball to save his life and Mike Wallace's only trick is running fast in a straight line. If you ask Wallace to become a possession receiver, well, we saw what happened this year with that experiment. Smith would be lobbing up deep balls (or trying to) and they'd be getting picked off consistently.

Is that defense good? No. It's average with a shutdown CB (who took a moon-sized leap back this year) and a couple of good - not great - supporting pieces to go with them. They're going to be competing with the Jags as who gets the Worst Team in the AFC Crown next year. That's something I can mark down.

SteelersCanada,
Good points about BB and about Alex Smith deep ball (or lack thereof).

I disagree that Cleveland is going to be the dregs next year. I see them on the cusp of being a possible play-off team. Likewise, I feel that their defense is already really good.

harrison'samonster
To clarify: just because I think that the Browns are on the rise does not mean that the Steelers are on the decline. The two things are mutally exclusive.

The Steelers have been the top two in the division for a decade, and I see mroe fo the same. Hayward, Lewis, and Allen have me excited on defense, and BB, AB, and that O-line have me very excited about the offense. My joking 19-0 prediction aside, I foresee a 12-4 season (possibly 13-3)... with the Browns having an 8-8 (or possibly a 9-7 season). Make sense?

harrison'samonster
02-12-2013, 06:05 PM
harrison'samonster
To clarify: just because I think that the Browns are on the rise does not mean that the Steelers are on the decline. The two things are mutally exclusive.

The Steelers have been the top two in the division for a decade, and I see mroe fo the same. Hayward, Lewis, and Allen have me excited on defense, and BB, AB, and that O-line have me very excited about the offense. My joking 19-0 prediction aside, I foresee a 12-4 season (possibly 13-3)... with the Browns having an 8-8 (or possibly a 9-7 season). Make sense?

oh yeah, I didn't mean my comment directed at you. I think the Browns will get better as well, I just don't know if they will sustain that over a period of more than a year or two. I love your prediction of a 12-4 season, I think it can happen. We just have to make sure we get something for Ben to work w/ on offense if we lose both Wallace and Mendy.

teegre
02-12-2013, 06:08 PM
I love your prediction of a 12-4 season, I think it can happen. We just have to make sure we get something for Ben to work w/ on offense if we lose both Wallace and Mendy.

That O-line has me excited. If those R1 & R2 picks can play up to their expectations AND remain healthy, I foresee a great, great year.

19-0 type of great. :wink02:

WVABE
02-12-2013, 06:31 PM
19-0 nah, I like it when we get a wildcard spot, get an xtra week of steeler mania.
(as long as we don't play against Tebow)

Galax Steeler
02-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I think the Browns need more then Wallace to turn them around. I think Killer posted about a quarterback that they don't have but who knows they could get one in the draft but it will take time to develope.

pittpete
02-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Cleveland has been rebuilding for the last 12 years.:rofl:

kan_t
02-12-2013, 09:25 PM
I'm more worry about Wallace to the Bengals.

SteelersCanada
02-12-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm more worry about Wallace to the Bengals.

There's better options for him out there. Look for the Vikes, Jags, Chiefs or Colts to pick him up. Honestly, Chiefs and Vikes make the most sense.

austinfrench76
02-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Who's gonna throw him the ball???????????????????????????????????? Good luck.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Only team I see Wallace going to is Miami or maybe Seattle

wwhickok
02-13-2013, 08:00 AM
So this morning I read an article on the NFL's website that listed 'Potential free agents' for each team. Because I have nothing better to do at my desk job, I took the time to jot down some of the FA's I thought were the 'sexiest' names on the market. I only listed guys I actually think MIGHT end up on the market and MIGHT have some value. The guys I was either, unsure about, unfamiliar with, didn't think were worth it or wouldn't actually be free agents, I didn't list. ex. Joe Flacco & Dannell Ellerbe

Arizona Cardinals: LB Quentin Groves

Atlanta Falcons: LT Sam Baker, S Chris Hope

Baltimore Ravens: LB Paul Kruger , OT Bryant McKinnie

Buffalo Bills: S Jairus Bird, RB Tashard Choice, LB Shawne Merriman, CB Leodis McKelvin

Chicago Bears: QB Jason Campbell, WR Johnny Knox, DT Amobi Okoye, OG Chilo Rachal, Khalil Bell RB

Cincinnati Bengals: K Josh Brown, QB Bruce Gronkowski

Cleveland Browns: WR Joshua Cribbs, RB Brandon Jackson, WR Mohamed Massaquoi, TE Benjamin Watson

Dallas Cowboys: Victor Butler LB, RB Felix Jones, LB Ernie Sims, LB Anthony Spencer

Denver Broncos: RT Ryan Clady, DT Ty Warren

Detroit Lions: OT Gosder Cherilus, LB Justin Durant, WR Stefan Logan, RB Kevin Smith

Green Bay Packers: RB Cedric Benson

Houston Texans: LB Connor Barwin, CB Stanford Routt, Barrett Ruud

Indianapolis Colts: WR Donnie Avery, OT Winston Justice, RB Mewelde Moore

Jacksonville Jaguars: FB Greg Jones

Kansas City Chiefs: P Dustin Colquitt, RB Peyton Hillis, LB Brandon Siler

Miami Dolphins:RB Reggie Bush, K Nate Kaeding, QB Matt Moore

Minnesota Vikings: LB Jasper Brinkley, OT Phil Loadholt, WR Jerome Simpson

New Orleans Saints: OL Jermon Bushrod, DE Turk McBride

NY Giants: RB Ahmad Bradshaw, S Kenny Phillips, LB Keith Rivers

NY Jets: WR Braylon Edwards, RB Shonn Greene, TE Dustin Keller, OL Jason Smith

Oakland Raiders: P Shane Lechler, LB Phillip Wheeler

Philadelphia Eagles: CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

San Diego Chargers: LB Antwan Barnes, RB Jackie Battle, LB Shaun Phillips

San Fransisco 49ers: LB Larry Grant, RB Brandon Jacobs

St. Louis Rams: RB Steven Jackson, WR Steve Smith

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: TE Dallas Clark, OL Jeremy Trueblood

Tennessee Titans: TE Jared Cook, LB Will Witherspoon

Washington Redskins: OL Kory Lichtensteiger

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Reggie Bush is on the list as a 'return guy' as is Stefan Logan. Moore is on the list because he has been here before, perhaps a 'running game jump start'.

harrison'samonster
02-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Chris Hope is at the end of his career, not sure how much he has left. Stefan Logan has made some pretty stupid mistakes in Detroit, not sure if we need more of that on our Special Teams.

I wish we had never gotten rid of Moore. I'm not sure if Dwyer or Redman are any better than he was.

Steelerindc
02-13-2013, 10:23 AM
I say with the impending loss of Wallace could make a trade for Percy Harvin, the consensus around the league is that the Vikings wouldn't get more than a 3rd pick for him.

Percy is worth a 3rd round pick.

Steel Peon
02-13-2013, 10:46 AM
Losta' great names on that list, but I'd say a few of things about it. A) We don't need a dedicated kick/punt return guy, as it will only waste a roster spot, and all their yardage would be negated by bonehead holding and block-in-the-back penalties. B) I think our former Steelers will stay that way because of their dubious usefulness, hence, why they are former Steelers. And C) This list should've had it's own thread.

TRH
02-13-2013, 11:57 AM
the last story i heard out of the Browns camp is that they ARE looking for a "weapon" for Weeden.
Even though they are inviting a QB competition, they likely will stilll stick with Weeden and know that he needs another talented receiver on board.

I also keep hearing a lot of chatter about the Vikings. Either way, i could see him signing with either team - it certainly won't be with us.

TRH
02-13-2013, 11:59 AM
I say with the impending loss of Wallace could make a trade for Percy Harvin, the consensus around the league is that the Vikings wouldn't get more than a 3rd pick for him.

Percy is worth a 3rd round pick.

We don't go after free agents like that and as of late, Harvin has cocky attitude and supreme "prima donna-itis" which doubles the fact that we'll stay miles and miles and miles away from him.

SteelersCanada
02-13-2013, 12:21 PM
We can't afford Harvin.

OX1947
02-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Harvin is too injury prone and we have Sanders.

Atlanta Dan
02-13-2013, 01:34 PM
Since Rainey has been released the Steelers should go after Harvin in order to have a WR with a history of misconduct on the team

Harvin has been mad at something or someone ever since he was in high school. He was during suspended his junior season in high school football. He was suspended his senior year for two games -- for shoving an official. In basketball, he got into a scuffle on the court that led to discipline. Because of all those incidents, he was eventually suspended from all athletic competition. Think about that.

At the University of Florida, Harvin got into a physical confrontation with an assistant coach. Then he failed a drug test at the Indianapolis combine. As a Vikings player, he got into a confrontation with then-coach Brad Childress.

Harvin is a peach. The kind of guy you'd want your daughter to marry -- if you really hated your daughter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21693650/tenpoint-stance-bigname-wrs-biggest-fa-catches-this-offseason

SteelersCanada
02-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Percy Harvin to be Seeking Megatron Sized Contract

By Marc Sessler

Percy Harvin considers himself one of the NFL's top wide receivers and should be compensated accordingly, a Minnesota Vikings team source told ESPN's Josina Anderson Wednesday.

The source said Harvin is angling for a deal in the ballpark of the Detroit Lions' Calvin Johnson (eight years, $132 million) and the Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald (eight years, $120 million).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138844/article/minnesota-vikings-source-wants-to-keep-percy-harvin

-- Still want Harvin now, guys?

pczach
02-13-2013, 04:55 PM
Shane Lechler sounds pretty good.

I look at that entire list and I only get excited about a punter!

jacobo
02-14-2013, 06:39 AM
Miller tore his ACL and MCL right? I had the same injury when I was 21 and it took me almost a year to be 100% and that was with surgery, plus I play baseball not football, I highly doubt Miller will be ready, We'll be lucky to see him by November.

But Miller's a professional athlete with world class medical facilities, doctors and recovery techniques available to him, plus he's a great physical specimen. I'd give him until about week 8 at the latest.

casteeler
02-14-2013, 12:41 PM
The Steelers have Brown,Sanders,Cotch and Plex at Reciever. I think the Steelers are set at WR maybe drafting a TE like Pitt Panter Shanahan would be ideal. Shanahan is Big has great hands and the Steelers could likely pick him up in the 4th or 5th round.Let Wallace walk clear some Cap space and the Steelers will be better off

TRH
02-14-2013, 04:57 PM
Harvin makes guys like Randy Moss seem humble and down-to-earth.

If you would like to see someone laugh hysterically, just mention this guys name to someone in our front office. Its more likely the Loch Ness Monster will be discovered sometime today or tomorrow than us ever even looking into a prima donna, problem, egotistical attitude like that.

steelfury02
02-15-2013, 08:13 AM
The Steelers have Brown,Sanders,Cotch and Plex at Reciever. I think the Steelers are set at WR maybe drafting a TE like Pitt Panter Shanahan would be ideal. Shanahan is Big has great hands and the Steelers could likely pick him up in the 4th or 5th round.Let Wallace walk clear some Cap space and the Steelers will be better off

You think he could even be had at 6 or 7th rd?