PDA

View Full Version : Lewis or Woodson

fer522
02-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Who would you pay 7/8 mil for?

Buddha Bus
02-16-2013, 09:14 AM
I assume you mean recently released Charles Woodson, not Rod. :chuckle:

I go with Lewis. He's much younger and has more upside at this point. Regardless, we won't pursue Charles Woodson and may not end up with Lewis either considering our current cap crunch. :banging:

steeltheone
02-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Neither

pete74
02-16-2013, 10:10 AM
Definitely Lewis just because he is 10 years younger

desertsteel
02-16-2013, 10:51 PM
Woodson will not be a Steeler...

tony hipchest
02-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Richard sherman is quickly beeing looked at as one of the best CB's in the league. when asked who was the best besides himself, he mentionned the likes of revis, cromartie, and lewis.

nothing about old ass fogies such as woodson, d. hall, or bailey.

not that his opinion matters, but being thought about like that amongst your peers carrys some weight. :hunch:

SteelersCanada
02-16-2013, 11:31 PM
If Lewis works on his hands this offseason and can bring in interceptions, then he'll be in the discussion as one of the best. I'm really impressed by what this kid did, but we have to take it in stride. It was one good season for him and I hope his progression continues. That's not me dogging on what he accomplished or saying we should look past everything he did, but a couple of seasons like that and we can talk about him being on the same level as Sherman.

TheVet
02-17-2013, 12:02 AM
We always seem to be facing this dilemma - the first really good year coming at the end of the rookie contract. Why oh why couldn't we have seen more from Keenan earlier? Now we've got to take a big gamble either way.

Obviously Woodson doesn't fit. I heard a rumor that we might have cap problems.:chuckle: Seriously, if we're agonizing about Troy and James, we're sure not thinking about luxuries like Woodson!

tony hipchest
02-17-2013, 12:38 AM
If Lewis works on his hands this offseason and can bring in interceptions, then he'll be in the discussion as one of the best. I'm really impressed by what this kid did, but we have to take it in stride. It was one good season for him and I hope his progression continues. That's not me dogging on what he accomplished or saying we should look past everything he did, but a couple of seasons like that and we can talk about him being on the same level as Sherman.i think it was more of sherman talking to the national media (NFL network Total Access) about Lewis being on his level, than it was us as steelers fans. but whatever.

in his 1st year as a starter, Lewis has turned some heads, and he did it on a unit that wasnt too bad in regards to pass defense.

to bluntly answer the OP.... screw woodson. That type of cash is better given to Lewis.

pczach
02-17-2013, 06:24 AM
Woodson wasn't even a cb with the Packers. They moved him to safety because he had issues covering at corner. He was a great player, but he got old and couldn't play his natural position well enough any more. The Steelers would be crazy to get this guy. If you have to choose one, it has to be Lewis. Is he worth 7/8 mil?.....I don't know. What I do know is that our secondary was the strongest it's been in a while with him in there playing on the other side of Ike.

jb500ex
02-17-2013, 08:32 AM
Do people even watch other games? Woodsen is done he's not worth 1 mill let alone 7 or 8. If he plays again he prob wont get offered much more then minimum

WVABE
02-17-2013, 08:43 AM
In my opinion, theres not a player out there worth 1 mil a year.
Shit has gotten out of control.

kan_t
02-17-2013, 08:52 AM
The Packers are my second team and I watch plenty of Packers games. Woodson at this stage is a safety and his role is similar to Troy. He has no place in the Steelers.

fer522
02-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Richard sherman is quickly beeing looked at as one of the best CB's in the league. when asked who was the best besides himself, he mentionned the likes of revis, cromartie, and lewis.

nothing about old ass fogies such as woodson, d. hall, or bailey.

not that his opinion matters, but being thought about like that amongst your peers carrys some weight. :hunch:

His price just went up 2 more mil per year :banging: thanks a lot Sherman!! :doh:

FrancoLambert
02-17-2013, 10:14 AM
No brainer.....Lewis.

One thing we don't need is another aging over-the hill former all-pro.

tanda10506
02-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Woodson is more "proven", but that would be moving backwards. All we can do is hope that they somehow get Lewis signed and that he wasn't just playing well for a big contract this year.

sluggermatt15
02-23-2013, 11:33 AM
I think a lot of experts would say Keenan Lewis. I would probably agree with that because Lewis has the potential to be a high caliber player. We already know what Charles Woodson brings to the game. He is a great player, but he is up there in age, and his abilities won't advance much more. He also has had recent injuries that teams would be careful of. So my pick is Lewis because he has a lot of upside, potential, and shown flashes of greatness this past season.

Fire Arians
02-23-2013, 12:30 PM
not woodson, he was a great player but father time will catch up to him, and soon.

i would feel good about signing lewis to a long-term contract, but woodson only for a year. with that said, i'd rather the team stick with its strategy of making a contender for the long haul

VaDave
02-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Just a thought, we may not have a shot at Lewis if the right offer comes along, then what?

I would rather we retain him if we can. If we can't, then bring some veteran depth behind Cortez Allen, and or replacing Will Allen with somebody like Woodson is not a bad idea if afordable.

pczach
02-23-2013, 02:47 PM
Again, he can't even play cornerback on one of the worst pass defenses in pro football. If he can't play corner, we don't need him. Having an experienced cornerback cheap is something they may be thinking about, but they still have to be able to play the position.

boomboomboom
02-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Agreed on Lewis. Not sure that this (Lewis or Woodson) is even a question. I just hope they can keep Lewis at a reasonable price.