PDA

View Full Version : Pre Combine Mock

tburhans
02-17-2013, 10:06 AM
1. Cordarrelle Patterson-WR-Tennessee-Explosive returner/receiver with good size
2.Jonathan Cyprien-SS-Florida International-quality depth behind troy
3.Stepfan Taylor-RB-Stanford-a three down back
4.Gerald Hodges-OLB-Penn State-Tackling machine
5.Michael Williams-TE-Alabama-Good blocking te/decent receiver
6.Vince Williams-ILB-Florida State-Thumper that can develop under lebeau
7.Joe Kruger-DE-Utah-This is where he is projected to go pre-combine would be a steal here

StevieRayVol
02-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Patterson as much as I would like to see him in Black and Gold won't be there when we pick..

PhantomJB93
02-19-2013, 09:50 PM
I don't feel like starting a new thread for it but WalterFootball's new mock draft would be amazing for us:

1. Jarvis Jones
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Montee Ball
4. TJ McDonald

teegre
02-20-2013, 11:42 AM
I don't feel like starting a new thread for it but WalterFootball's new mock draft would be amazing for us:

1. Jarvis Jones
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Montee Ball
4. TJ McDonald

That is epic!!!

Jones = steal

Hopkins = steal (plus, a player that I like)

Ball = has a nose for the end-zone

McDonald = good value in R4

SteelersCanada
02-20-2013, 11:51 AM
WFB has the Saints taking Dion Jordan over Jarvis Jones and that's something I can't see happening. Sean Payton and friends are smart and well orchestrated and if Jones is on the board at 15, he's going to the Saints. Fortunately, that leaves us with Jordan.

Win/win.

kan_t
02-21-2013, 02:40 AM
WFB has the Saints taking Dion Jordan over Jarvis Jones and that's something I can't see happening. Sean Payton and friends are smart and well orchestrated and if Jones is on the board at 15, he's going to the Saints. Fortunately, that leaves us with Jordan.

Win/win.

You can take a look about the Saints' draft history. Their 1st round selections were nothing short of a nightmare.

teegre
02-21-2013, 10:25 AM
You can take a look about the Saints' draft history. Their 1st round selections were nothing short of a nightmare.

Rumor has it that they are still bitter at John Carney for missing that FG in the Jacksonville game. Ergo, they are taking a serious look at Caleb Sturgis at 17.

smooth
02-22-2013, 10:46 AM
1. Cordarrelle Patterson-WR-Tennessee-Explosive returner/receiver with good size
2.Jonathan Cyprien-SS-Florida International-quality depth behind troy
3.Stepfan Taylor-RB-Stanford-a three down back
4.Gerald Hodges-OLB-Penn State-Tackling machine
5.Michael Williams-TE-Alabama-Good blocking te/decent receiver
6.Vince Williams-ILB-Florida State-Thumper that can develop under lebeau
7.Joe Kruger-DE-Utah-This is where he is projected to go pre-combine would be a steal here

First post here. Nice mock. I also don't think Patterson will be there. Or Cyprien in round two. But would love those picks. Would like to see Mike Mauti come here as well. Leadership skills, great special teams player. Could probably get him late or as udfa.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Cordarrelle Patterson is just another Mike Wallace except he's taller, he catches the ball with his body and not with his hands so imo he's not worth the 17th pick(but he does have a lot of potential).

If Jarvis jones is not there at 17 trade down to get more picks(we need as much as possible) unless someone eles falls

StevieRayVol
02-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Cordarrelle Patterson is just another Mike Wallace except he's taller, he catches the ball with his body and not with his hands so imo he's not worth the 17th pick(but he does have a lot of potential).

If Jarvis jones is not there at 17 trade down to get more picks(we need as much as possible) unless someone eles falls

Another Mike Wallace ( :banging:) I don't think so..

The guy came in played one season, didn't even know the play book and broke a 25 year record for all purpose yards that had stood at UT for over 25 years..

He's the THIRD UT player in history ( the other two being Johnny Majors and Carl Pickens) to score touchdowns 4 different ways in one season...Kickoff return, punt return, rushing and receiving..

Wallace is a one trick pony..."STRAIGHT OUT PURE SPEED"...( Can you hear BB say "JUST GO DEEP MIKE").

Patterson is an exciting runner with the ball in his hands... He's about 6'2" and 210 lbs and while he DOES catch a few with his body, Id don't remember him having a case of the "DROPSY'S....You tube his highlights set back and enjoy...

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-23-2013, 04:42 AM
You tube his highlights set back and enjoy...

There called highlights for a reason.

I've also heard his disappears in games to...kinda sounds like Wallace to me...

But like I said he has a lot of potential.

StevieRayVol
02-23-2013, 05:53 PM
There called highlights for a reason.

I've also heard his disappears in games to...kinda sounds like Wallace to me...

But like I said he has a lot of potential.

How many UT games did you watch this year? :popcorn:...Hunter is the one who has "THE HYPE and he dropped so many passes that hit him in right in the hands...:banging:

Patterson was the ONE CONSTANT threat in every game he played in...He either score on a punt return, kickoff return, receiving or rushing...He was the "ONLY BRIGHT SPOT" in several games this year...

Yep he is raw...But come on at 6'2 and 215 that what he measured at the combine....I never saw anyone get a clean shot on him....He cans stop, start and change direction like a much smaller guy....Somebody is gonna get a good one with Patterson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6pGFvDqt0

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-23-2013, 06:28 PM
How many UT games did you watch this year? :popcorn:...Hunter is the one who has "THE HYPE and he dropped so many passes that hit him in right in the hands...:banging:

Patterson was the ONE CONSTANT threat in every game he played in...He either score on a punt return, kickoff return, receiving or rushing...He was the "ONLY BRIGHT SPOT" in several games this year...

Yep he is raw...But come on at 6'2 and 215 that what he measured at the combine....I never saw anyone get a clean shot on him....He cans stop, start and change direction like a much smaller guy....Somebody is gonna get a good one with Patterson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vx6pGFvDqt0

Im just telling you what I read and like I said Patterson has alot of potential but ive also read that he disappears against better competition, but if we draft him I wouldn't be disappointed but him being so raw kinda scares me rather draft for another need but i get what you're saying. :drink:

Da'Rick Rogers from Tennessee Tech in the 3rd would be a better value imo.

StevieRayVol
02-23-2013, 10:06 PM
Im just telling you what I read and like I said Patterson has alot of potential but ive also read that he disappears against better competition, but if we draft him I wouldn't be disappointed but him being so raw kinda scares me rather draft for another need but i get what you're saying. :drink:

Da'Rick Rogers from Tennessee Tech in the 3rd would be a better value imo.

Da'Rick has a million dollar talent with a ten cent brain. He was trouble from the moment he set foot on Knoxville soil. He was arrested in a bar room brawl before he ever suited up for UT that put a policeman in the hospital.

Charlie Baggett who coached Randy Moss and Cris Carter in Minnesota was so fed up with Rogers being a cancer in the locker room ( He tried to literally fight with a couple oc coaches) that he said "SCREW IT" and when back to the NFL.

He flunked three drug tests at UT...The last one then coach Derek Dooley wanted him to sit out 4 games. ( This after being suspended in the spring for a failed drug test) that he went ballistic on Dooley and then WR coach Darin Hinshaw..

That's what got him sent packing down the road to Cookeville to play for Tennessee Tech in the OVC.

He's one of those kids who is just a "KNUCKLE HEAD"...And if he get's his hands on a lot of money through an NFL contract:busted:

I agree on Patterson HE IS AWFULLY raw as a receiver but he sure is electric with the ball in his hands...:drink: