PDA

View Full Version : A proud day to be a Steelers fan

teegre
02-18-2013, 02:29 PM
So, I am taking my 22-month old daughter to the science center today, and I let her pick out her clothes. Amid the rows upon rows of pink and/or Hello Kitty apparel, she reaches in & pulls out her Polamalu jersey. "This one, daddy."

So, off we go, with my little girls clad in her #43 black jersey... with her pink tutu.

[I have not been this proud, since the day that she refused to take off her blue AT-AT t-shirt.]

harrison'samonster
02-18-2013, 02:41 PM
smart girl!

Steelers5895
02-18-2013, 02:51 PM
awesome and smart!!!

StainlessStill
02-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Well done! Your worries should now be on the wayside. Again, job well done 8)

WVABE
02-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Its great to see children that are raised proper.

JeromeBetties63
02-18-2013, 04:08 PM
Can we do an arranged marriage with my 3 year old son?

pczach
02-18-2013, 08:40 PM
So, I am taking my 22-month old daughter to the science center today, and I let her pick out her clothes. Amid the rows upon rows of pink and/or Hello Kitty apparel, she reaches in & pulls out her Polamalu jersey. "This one, daddy."

So, off we go, with my little girls clad in her #43 black jersey... with her pink tutu.

[I have not been this proud, since the day that she refused to take off her blue AT-AT t-shirt.]

She has obviously been brainwashed by you! What kind of father would think what she did was cool?????

A STEELER DAD, THAT'S WHO!
:tt02:

Congrats on raising a fine young Steelers fan...you da man!:applaudit:

teegre
02-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Can we do an arranged marriage with my 3 year old son?

As long as he's fine with "only holding hands" until she's twenty-five, then Yes.. :wink02:

Thank you to everyone, for the kind words.

JackH
02-18-2013, 08:54 PM

Wait until she's 16 and you take her to pick out her car.

Black and gold Corvette?

teegre
02-18-2013, 09:07 PM
She has obviously been brainwashed by you! What kind of father would think what she did was cool?????

A STEELER DAD, THAT'S WHO!
:tt02:

Congrats on raising a fine young Steelers fan...you da man!:applaudit:

So true... daddy's little brainwashed girl. And, I couldn't be more proud.

By the way, she already knows that the "yellow grass" means "TOUCHDOWN!!!" When she sees the "yellow grass", she will turn to me, with a sly grin, and whisper, "Daddy... yellow grass." Then, (usually) a few moments later, we get to run down the hall, with both arms raised, screaming "TOUCHDOWN!!!"

[Note: On those moments when a touchdown does not occur, I swear that I have heard her whisper, "Fire Arians"... or, she might be singing "Elmo's World"... not sure; don't quote me on that one.]

teegre
02-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Wait until she's 16 and you take her to pick out her car.

Black and gold Corvette?

"Black stripe... yellow paint..."

btw: She already owns a yellow Tonka dumptruck, with the Steelers logo painted in the bed. (Thanks to my brother for that AWESOME gift... although, 99% of the time, it's used as a crib for her dolls.)

Hawaii 5-0
02-18-2013, 10:41 PM
what a cool story, I'm very happy for you that your daughter just made her Daddy so proud...:tt02:

steelfury02
02-19-2013, 08:46 AM
"yellow grass" - those are some of the best types of memories:thumbsup:

Sounds like you'll be proud for years to come!

teegre
02-19-2013, 11:41 AM
"yellow grass" - those are some of the best types of memories:thumbsup:

Sounds like you'll be proud for years to come!

Hopefully, she talks about the "yellow grass", followed by running down the hall, at least fifty times per season. :wink02:

Lady Steel
02-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Are you peeing on the grass again, teegre? :chuckle:

That is a wonderful story. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work. She is a Black 'n Gold Girl in the making. :smile:

teegre
02-22-2013, 12:50 AM
That is a wonderful story. I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work. She is a Black 'n Gold Girl in the making. :smile:

She's a "Lady Steel" in the making. :hatsoff: