PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace is the Dolphins top target

Pages : 1 [2]

Lokki
03-09-2013, 07:29 AM
Actually Miami didn't have much choice to let Welker go. The contract offered from the Patriots included a "poison pill" that he would get a much higher salary if he played more than 2 or 3 games in Florida. It was a crazy figure, I forget what it was exactly. Since Miami had to at least match the offer, there was no way that they were going to give him the same contract since they play 8 games at home. The Patriots ended up being "nice" and just did a trade with the Dolphins then.

steelfury02
03-10-2013, 07:53 AM
I apologize in advance if this was posted already -just saw it this morning - pretty much what we've been thinking. Now that I think about it - if you ever checked out Mike Wallace's twitter, you'd see a post from January where he mentioned going to a Heat's game with Brown. Not saying that means he already had it in his head, but - as article states (paraphrasing), he "wants to go where its warm." . If this sticks - we'll get to see Wallace come back to Heinz in a different uniform.

Report: Wallace is Headed to Miami
http://communityvoices.post-gazette.com/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/item/36045-report-wallace-headed-for-miami

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 07:55 AM
I apologize in advance if this was posted already -just saw it this morning - pretty much what we've been thinking. Now that I think about it - if you ever checked out Mike Wallace's twitter, you'd see a post from January where he mentioned going to a Heat's game with Brown. Not saying that means he already had it in his head, but - as article states (paraphrasing), he "wants to go where its warm." . If this sticks - we'll get to see Wallace come back to Heinz in a different uniform.

Report: Wallace is Headed to Miami
http://communityvoices.post-gazette.com/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/item/36045-report-wallace-headed-for-miami

Same rumors as before - nothing new.

A source told FOXSports.com that the Dolphins are the "lead dog" to land Wallace when the signing period officially opens at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday.

steelfury02
03-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Same rumors as before - nothing new.

A source told FOXSports.com that the Dolphins are the "lead dog" to land Wallace when the signing period officially opens at 4 p.m. ET Tuesday.

you can just about count on him going there and thanks for the "nothing new" - I'm sure it makes you feel big

EDIt: While we're at it - you just about give me a pissy response to everything I post - so, thanks for the entertainment once again

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 08:13 AM
you can just about count on him going there and thanks for the "nothing new" - I'm sure it makes you feel big

EDIt: While we're at it - you just about give me a pissy response to everything I post - so, thanks for the entertainment once again

I can't help it if you're always "breaking" late news...

I posted the same thing last night

FOX Sports confirms the Dolphins are the "lead dog" in the Mike Wallace sweepstakes, and that Wallace "prefers warm weather."

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96859

kent
03-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Wow hard to believe there is over 250 posts on Mike Wallace. Good riddens.

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Only a tenth is about "Wallace" - the other 225 posts are just chit chat

kent
03-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Only a tenth is about "Wallace" - the other 225 posts are just chit chat

Got ya, you get my point though haha

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Got ya, you get my point though haha

I predict the "Keenan Lewis gone" will be the new hotness thread

steelfury02
03-10-2013, 09:53 AM
I can't help it if you're always "breaking" late news...

I posted the same thing last night

FOX Sports confirms the Dolphins are the "lead dog" in the Mike Wallace sweepstakes, and that Wallace "prefers warm weather."

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=96859

lol - ok - you can have the "breaking news" crown - hence the apologies in advance and your blatant need to make a smart remark after everything I post. But - you can have this "win"

zcoop
03-10-2013, 10:49 AM
I predict the "Keenan Lewis gone" will be the new hotness thread

I think you're right about Lewis note. Also, I wouldn't read too much into Mike and AB attending a Heat game. They are the NBA Champs and their games are always loaded with players from other sports. I've seen quite a few NFL football players at Atlanta Hawks games and they have not come close to winning a title.

Fire Haley
03-10-2013, 11:30 AM
lol - ok - you can have the "breaking news" crown - hence the apologies in advance and your blatant need to make a smart remark after everything I post. But - you can have this "win"

so I win?

woo-hoo!!!

it's good to be the king